PDA

View Full Version : [Cambridge, MA] Weekly Legacy on Mondays at Pandemonium

Explosion
06-21-2011, 08:15 AM
To any players in the Boston area,

We're running weekly 4-round Legacy tournaments at Pandemonium Books and Games in Cambridge, MA. 100% of entry fee goes to prizes in store credit. Turnout is typically 8-12 players each week.

We're allowing proxies to encourage people to play "serious" decks rather than the budget decks they can afford. Actual tournament's run by L1 Judge, not store employees. We're serious about our fun.

$5 entry fee
6:30 pm start time
Unlimited proxies

sunshine
06-24-2011, 08:17 PM
This is awesome. I'll definitely be hitting these up.

Explosion
06-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Thanks to everyone who showed up! We had 13 players last night, with store credit going to the top 4 (3-1 or better):

Ji Mao 12 pts (UW Landstill)
Matt Foley 9 pts (Hive Mind)
Steve Guillerm 9 pts (ANT)
Leo Gauthier 9 pts (Affinity)

We'll be there again next Monday. If you've got any questions, please ask!

bfeingersh
06-28-2011, 10:18 AM
2 weeks ago I faced 4 Landstill decks.
Last week I faced double ANT, Painter and Hive Mind.
This week I faced 3 Landstill decks.

Boston metagame, y u no let me build a proper sideboard? :(

socialite
06-28-2011, 11:32 AM

Pretty much on par with what you would expect to see at a large event. This is Legacy with such a wide open format can one really expect to run a board that covers all the bases?

I'm going to make an effort to get to these as I live 2 stops away on the Red Line.

Explosion
06-30-2011, 02:53 PM

I'd imagine you should build a SB to be anti-aggro, since luck will have you face 2 Zoos, a Merfolk, and a miser's Goblins next week, for sure.

Explosion
07-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Just a quick note: While tomorrow is a holiday, the store is open, and Legacy will happen as scheduled! Level 1 Judge Casey Brefka will be running the event in my absence.

Anen
07-05-2011, 06:43 AM
Only 6 people this week :(
People played BUG Landstill, BW Chrome control, Rock, Merfolk, Hive Mind and Zoo.

chags
07-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Pretty much on par with what you would expect to see at a large event. This is Legacy with such a wide open format can one really expect to run a board that covers all the bases?

I'm going to make an effort to get to these as I live 2 stops away on the Red Line.

Gonna have to actually build a deck first ;0

Explosion
07-07-2011, 11:08 PM
Only 6 people this week :(
People played BUG Landstill, BW Chrome control, Rock, Merfolk, Hive Mind and Zoo.

It's to be expected on a holiday. Magic's fun, but can't compete with drinking and fireworks. We'll have more next week, I'm sure.

sigfig8
07-10-2011, 08:56 AM
It's to be expected on a holiday. Magic's fun, but can't compete with drinking and fireworks. We'll have more next week, I'm sure.

Sometimes it's tough for me to get to the store during the week. Any chance there could be a 1/month larger legacy tournament on the weekend?

Explosion
07-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Working on getting together a big tournament. The store's got a large number of other weekend things going on, but I'll be sure to post on this site when I know the details.

This week's top players (3-1 or better):

Ji Mao 12 pts (UW Standstill)
Ben Feingersh 9 pts (W/B Stoneforge)
Nick Gallo 9 pts (Zoo)

11 players. Next week M12 is legal, bring your new brews and let's crack 16 players!

Explosion
07-19-2011, 12:00 AM
14 players this week, including a brand-new legacy player.

This week's top players:

Paul Ewenstein - 12 pts (Aggro Bant)
Ji Mao - 9 pts (UW Standstill)
Michael Poon 9 pts (Merfolk)
David Houghton 9 pts (Team America)

We'd love to see some new faces! If there's anything I can do to make the event more accessible, just ask!

Explosion
07-25-2011, 12:59 AM
A quick bump to remind folks that there's Legacy tomorrow in the Boston area! Come on down!

beau-ass
09-03-2011, 06:04 PM
Will there be Monday-Evening-Legacy on Labor day in Cambridge MA?

@ Explosion; please keep posting the results! Good job!

Explosion
09-25-2011, 09:15 PM
Bump to attract some new players!

We're still running Legacy in Cambridge every Monday. This week we're fast-forwarding to October 1st, which means Mental Misstep is banned, and Innistrad is legal! Bring your best Innistrad-legal decks, and I hope to see you there!

Explosion
09-26-2011, 09:53 PM
10 Players tonight. Top decks:

Dave Houghton 9pts (Blue Zoo w/ Delver of Secrets)
Paul Ewenstein 9pts (Jund Aggro)
Keith Rong 9pts (GWB Junk)

People seem happy to play Legacy again. Let's see if we can get 16 people next week!

Explosion
10-04-2011, 02:26 PM
12 players last night, plus a few drafters who played Legacy on the side!

Top decks:

Keith Rong 10 pts (NO Bant)
Matthew Bond 10 pts (Tezzeret Esper)
Beau Gaerlan 9 pts (Twelve-Post)
Dave Houghton 9 pts (Delver Blue Zoo)

As a reminder, Tabletop Arena in Lowell, MA is hosting a $1k Legacy tournament on Sunday Oct. 16th. Come to our Monday Legacy to trade and borrow cards from one another and arrange a carpool! Let's bring home all of the dollars!

Explosion
10-16-2011, 10:37 PM
I was a fail at posting last week's top decks, and for that I'm sorry, but this is a bump to remind people to come down to Cambridge and play some Legacy on Mondays!

Additionally, our play group put 3 people into the top 8 of the $1K at Tabletop Arena today. Pretty good, IMO!

Hope to see people tomorrow at 6:30!