PDA

View Full Version : [Los Angeles, CA] Sunday August 21, 2011 Knight Ware FBB French Tundras $20 Entry

Krieg
07-18-2011, 04:48 AM
Knight Ware Inc in Studio City, CA is holding a Sanctioned Legacy tournament on Sunday August 21, 2011 at 1:00 PM

This will be one of our Fixed Prize Legacy events.
Start time will be 1:00 PM and REL will be Competitive

Kevin Long (L1) has agreed to head judge
If anyone else wants to help floor judge, please contact me

Entry Fee $20 if paid before 12:30 PM (we open at 11 am)
after 12:30 PM $25
I have seats / table space for 70 players.
Please show up early if you can

Prize Pool

1X Tundra FBB French EX/EX-
1X Tundra FBB French EX- / Fine
2X Force of Will NM
2X Tarmogoyf NM / NM-
2X Wasteland EX- / EX
2X Lion's Eye Diamond EX+ and NM- / EX+
3X Show And Tell NM-
3X Flooded Strand EX / EX+
2X Natural Order NM
2X City Of Traitors EX / EX-
3X Wooded Foothills EX-, EX, EX+
2X Rishadan Port EX / EX+
2X Phyrexian Dreadnought NM

http://www.knight-ware.com/08_21_11b_prizes72.jpg (http://www.knight-ware.com/08_21_11b_prizes72.jpg)

Prizes will be based on attendance
(need 33+ attendance for the tundra(s) but it has not been a problem in the past)
8-24 people prizes to top 4 only (we may do a swiss + 1 at this level)
25-32 people prizes to top 8
33-40 top 9
41-48 top 10
49-55 top 10 and 1 random
56+ top 10 and 2 randoms
any prize(s) not picked may be available for future events

71 players max
(June event had 62 players)

Where
Knight Ware Inc.
3709 Cahuenga Blvd. West
Studio City, CA. 91604
(818) 769-7830
http://www.knight-ware.com

When
Sunday August 21, 2011
Store opens at 11 AM
Registration anytime after that and before 1:00 PM
(casual play before the tourney is most welcome, bring your EDH, vintage, etc.)
Tournament at 1:00 PM
Entry Fee $20 if paid before 12:30 PM (we open at 11 am)
after 12:30 PM $25

[b]Format:
Legacy
REL Competitive
Decklists Required (http://www.knight-ware.com/DecklistConstructed.new.pdf)
8-24 players, we may do a swiss + 1 with no cut
25-32 players, 5 rounds cut T8
33-64 players 6 rounds cut T8
65-71 players 7 rounds cut T8
first place, first pick, second place, second pick and so on
WER (Wizards Event Reporter) standings just prior to the cut will be used to determine 3rd/4th and 5th-8th

Parking
Parking is the main reason most of our larger events are on Sundays
Behind the store there are numbered spaces.
Knight Ware has spaces 9, 10, and 11
but
on Sundays, 2 of our 3 neighbors are usually closed
Sun Cafe (spaces 7 and 8 - the ones on either side of the telephone pole)
is now open on Sunday, please don’t park there

The streets are metered but not checked on Sundays
The first street to the west of us is Lankersheim Blvd..
On Lankersheim to the south there is unregulated street parking
Just west of Lankersheim (north side of the street) is an open lot that says
additional MTA parking. It does not get used much on the weekends
unless the hollywood bowl is running something and then there will be signs

any questions, post, call or email me

thanks

Lori Saul
Knight Ware Inc.

lorddotm
07-18-2011, 05:46 AM
I AM SO READY! I want those Tundras, so I hope no one plans on trying to beat me.

Krieg
07-18-2011, 01:59 PM
I AM SO READY! I want those Tundras, so I hope no one plans on trying to beat me.

Just so your not confused, its ONE Tundra each for 2 people.
Need to keep the potential top 2 prizes relatively even.

2Rach
07-18-2011, 02:44 PM
What's a FBB French Tundra worth?

What's a FBB Italian Bayou worth?

What's a Beta Bayou worth?

EDIT:
(Ex to NM- condition for all)

Koby
07-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Google is freely available to answer your questions.

2Rach
07-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Google is freely available to answer your questions.
People with experience can answer me specifically. Seeing how I have no idea what these types of cards go for, their range, and how their language affects them, I could only guess if the limited auctions are relevant and not exceptions.

oarsman
07-18-2011, 06:14 PM
So you would rather rely on the opinions of random forum trolls as opposed to undertaking the arduous process of typing the card name into a price website and getting the answer in approximately 1.23 seconds?

2Rach
07-18-2011, 07:01 PM
So you would rather rely on the opinions of random forum trolls as opposed to undertaking the arduous process of typing the card name into a price website and getting the answer in approximately 1.23 seconds?
Not random trolls. This thread, belonging to a specific location, will attract people I know. I would rather hear the opinions of people who I know and respect. Their evaluation means more to me than my assessment of the pricing of the various websites.

Koby
07-18-2011, 07:13 PM
Perhaps it's better to ask such questions in private messages, as we're mostly aware who has a good idea on such information. The rest (including myself) can only speculate on their values.

I'm excited for this tournament! Now if I could only decide on a list and stick to it...

everythingitouchdies
07-18-2011, 08:08 PM
Having physically handled the tundras I would say they are in the 200 to 225 range. As for the rest of it, it shouldnt be too hard to find out, but does not seem relevant to this thread or event.

Some beautiful stuff, the force of wills are seriously NM, nice as hell.

About a month away, looking forward to this.

Jacob
08-01-2011, 07:12 PM
As far as grading, Lori is really strict. When she calls something NM, it is gorgeous on both sides AND flat.

I got 3 Pox last night, and she threw in the fourth for free because it was in bad shape. I had to look over the card to figure out what she meant...It wasn't bad shape as in "been through a washing machine with bleach, dried and then played daily without sleeves for the past 5 years." And she threw it in for free!

Which is one of the reasons we love Lori.

Ozymandias
08-01-2011, 08:06 PM
BTW, we need to meet in the finals of this tourney to get those tundras, Jacob. My insane quest to pimp out landstill must continue.

Jacob
08-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Insane is right! And I need to pick a deck and learn it. I made so many mistakes yesterday...Did you see Pattern Hulk made Top 8 at SCG yesterday?

everythingitouchdies
08-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Reanimator is pretty Awesome. maybe you should try that. I will be playing it again if Kevin allows.

Ozymandias
08-01-2011, 10:50 PM
Insane is right! And I need to pick a deck and learn it. I made so many mistakes yesterday...Did you see Pattern Hulk made Top 8 at SCG yesterday?

Go ahead and learn it. I, for one, have never missed a top 8 with Landstill.

lorddotm
08-01-2011, 11:33 PM
Reanimator is pretty Awesome. maybe you should try that. I will be playing it again if Kevin allows.

Of course he will, he's a lovable papa bear.

Krieg
08-15-2011, 03:30 PM
This Sunday folks

Anyone else want the Tundra?
Or will the value on the goyfs be higher by then?

everythingitouchdies
08-15-2011, 06:25 PM
Once again the 1pm start time is going to almost certainly exclude me from this event. I will probably just show up late and help kevin.

lorddotm
08-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Once again the 1pm start time is going to almost certainly exclude me from this event. I will probably just show up late and help kevin.

I will try and delay it with general debauchery. Hurry your ass up and hopefully you'll make it.

soltakar
08-15-2011, 09:17 PM
Looking forward to this. Now I just have to decide what to play.

everythingitouchdies
08-16-2011, 01:23 AM
I will try and delay it with general debauchery. Hurry your ass up and hopefully you'll make it.

Thats very considerate. I am definitely going to try to make it, I am just not expecting it to work out.

TracerBullet
08-19-2011, 03:38 PM
Coming up sooooon!

Krieg
08-22-2011, 01:33 AM
Thank you to the 55 players who showed up to this.

I will have decklists up Monday afternoon if I make it in on my day off or Tuesday
afternoon if I don't

thanks,

Lori

Ghightide
08-22-2011, 04:13 AM
Even though i placed in the top 8 in this tournament i feel that there were misplaced DQ's on 2 of the players in top 8. Seeing how Knightware allowed a player from the tournament to start judging in the middle of a tournament jeopardizes the integrity of the store itself. Especially if this person is making a heavy influence on the decision to disqualify players when his friends are involved for the prizes in top 8. This person has also done stuff like bring his dog to lick me under the table during a tournament. He also backed into one of my friend's car during a tournament in San Gabriel and didn't even apologize for it. Having someone like that Disqualify 2 players with no proof greatly devalues the integrity of Knightware in general. So as all 11 of us were eating after this last tournament we have all decided to STOP SUPPORT FOR ALL FURTHER KNIGHTWARE EVENTS until something is done about this.

We apologize for the inconvenience Lori

The Last Emperor
08-22-2011, 04:31 AM
Thank you Lori for holding this event. Even with what happened, it was still a very well run event and I had a ton of fun. Can't wait for the next one!

2Rach
08-22-2011, 04:38 AM
Even though i placed in the top 8 in this tournament i feel that there were misplaced DQ's on 2 of the players in top 8. Seeing how Knightware allowed a player from the tournament to start judging in the middle of a tournament jeopardizes the integrity of the store itself. Especially if this person is making a heavy influence on the decision to disqualify players when his friends are involved for the prizes in top 8. This person has also done stuff like bring his dog to lick me under the table during a tournament. He also backed into one of my friend's car during a tournament in San Gabriel and didn't even apologize for it. Having someone like that Disqualify 2 players with no proof greatly devalues the integrity of Knightware in general. So as all 11 of us were eating after this last tournament we have all decided to STOP SUPPORT FOR ALL FURTHER KNIGHTWARE EVENTS until something is done about this.

Instead of just a scathing attack, how about add some "facts" regarding what happened to the post.

Ghightide
08-22-2011, 04:46 AM
Instead of just a scathing attack, how about add some "facts" regarding what happened to the post.

1 friend conceded to another friend, both got disqualified because of suspicion of ?????? who knows nobody said anything.

Nicol Bolas
08-22-2011, 09:22 AM
Especially if this person is making a heavy influence on the decision to disqualify players when his friends are involved for the prizes in top 8. This person has also done stuff like bring his dog to lick me under the table during a tournament. He also backed into one of my friend's car during a tournament in San Gabriel and didn't even apologize for it. Having someone like that Disqualify 2 players with no proof greatly devalues the integrity of Knightware in general.

Sounds like this guy is a real douche bag and deserves to be punched right in the face. Anyway, this store should have a strict policy that won't allow pets inside, especially when there's a tournament going on.

soltakar
08-22-2011, 11:27 AM
I guess I missed all the drama, as I had to leave as the top 8 began. I had a great time playing in my second tournament since coming back after not playing since Mirrodan. I went 3-2-1 with Buried Ooze: beating NO RUG, gobs, and UW stoneforge, losing to hypergenesis/show/eureka and bant, tie with zoo.

Most memorable moment for me was against the hypergenesis/show/eureka when he casts eureka on turn 2 and drops emrakul and angel of despair, while I drop a bunch of lands and bob with buried alive and reanimate in hand. I take my turn prepared to kill him and top deck triskelion with no way to get it in the grave :(

The Last Emperor
08-22-2011, 02:16 PM
Most memorable moment for me was against the hypergenesis/show/eureka when he casts eureka on turn 2 and drops emrakul and angel of despair, while I drop a bunch of lands and bob with buried alive and reanimate in hand. I take my turn prepared to kill him and top deck triskelion with no way to get it in the grave :(

I still feel kinda bad about that. At least it makes for a good story =)

soltakar
08-22-2011, 02:29 PM
I still feel kinda bad about that. At least it makes for a good story =)

It is a good story, and I still had fun. Those kinds of interactions are part of what make magic a great game.

Kevinandhobbes
08-22-2011, 04:23 PM

As the head judge of this event, I cannot comment on any disqualifications that happened during, but I can say that the professional concerns about another judge with whom I consulted during investigations are unfounded. As a judge, I never want to disqualify anyone, and will only do so in the face of overwhelming evidence. The investigations into certain players in the top 8 were headed by me, and whatever consultation that I received from other judges was professional in content and nature.

Ghightide
08-22-2011, 04:52 PM
As the head judge of this event, I cannot comment on any disqualifications that happened during, but I can say that the professional concerns about another judge with whom I consulted during investigations are unfounded. As a judge, I never want to disqualify anyone, and will only do so in the face of overwhelming evidence. The investigations into certain players in the top 8 were headed by me, and whatever consultation that I received from other judges was professional in content and nature.

Kevin i have nothing but respect for you as a player and a judge, but both Alex and Mark asked for evidence to support their DQ and nobody said anything. How can u say "Overwhelming evidence" when you guys didn't even show them any. First of all ive never heard of any players who can drop and Judge just for top 8 at a competitive REL, never in my whole life has that every happened, this wasn't fnm. You say it was conspiracy on their behalf i have a theory of my own. Jacob pretty much manipulated you to disqualify them because he himself had alternate motives. If we are now disqualifying people without hard concrete evidence then why should anyone ever play at Knightware ever again? To play for 8 hours go undefeated and then get DQd on speculation. BTW this is not the first time Mark has scooped to Alex it has happened multiple times in different tournaments.

everythingitouchdies
08-22-2011, 05:37 PM
I have zero knowledge of what happened as it took place after I departed, but from reading the posts here it makes it sound like the whole thing was a nightmare, which at the time when I departed and top 4 was already being run was far from the case. I would recommend anyone who feels jaded actually take the time to talk to Lori, Kevin, or both, and in regards to the judge being referenced it might even be reasonable to discuss concerns with him directly, as he is an active Level 2 and is around often enough.

That said, I hope everyone can resolve their concerns, because even though I played like a mess in the second half of this event, sleep deprived and pretty out of it, I still had a blast and everyone I interacted with was great. I would hate to lose the chance to continue to have such a strong legacy community over something that can be resolved in a forum other than this.

lorddotm
08-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Clearly it just means people should stop splitting. I am personally going to join the Anti-Pussy campaign.

If I play against anyone that isn't a very close personal friend, I will make you play it out, and I will be nosiring the splits (this is going to only apply at local events for me).

everythingitouchdies
08-22-2011, 06:01 PM
Clearly it just means people should stop splitting. I am personally going to join the Anti-Pussy campaign.

If I play against anyone that isn't a very close personal friend, I will make you play it out, and I will be nosiring the splits (this is going to only apply at local events for me).

Should we get on the no more Intentional Draw plan as well? Play out every round like thugs?

Antonius
08-22-2011, 06:04 PM
Stop Splittin'.

We could make T-Shirts, a DVD and Everything. Just like they did in Baltimore. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8q9m2z3e4g')

I think Liam's already working on a studio single.

everythingitouchdies
08-22-2011, 06:16 PM
Stop Splittin'.

We could make T-Shirts, a DVD and Everything. Just like they did in Baltimore. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_Snitchin')

If I start approaching magic like I do real life things could get messy.

Jacob
08-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Please feel free to complain about me as you wish, but I don't think this is the appropriate forum. If you have concerns, please contact me privately and I will try to address them. I encourage you to do so, because I am very active and any competitive player is bound to play in an event I judge. I try my best to be fair and impartial, but I make mistakes. It is better to deal with it now than during an event.

Saying I manipulated Kevin into DQing people who did not deserve it is insulting him. Kevin is a fine Judge and deserves more respect than implying he would be convinced to do something wrong.

Just to be clear: Conceding a match to your friend is both normal and legal. There is nothing wrong about doing so and there is no justification in DCI policy for penalizing players who do.

keys
08-22-2011, 06:43 PM
Stop Splittin'.

We could make T-Shirts, a DVD and Everything. Just like they did in Baltimore. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_Snitchin')

I'm on board.

Threatening to boycott KW because of DQs is pretty immature. The penalty for collusion is harsh, and it sucks to have happen to good players, but rules are rules and they have to be followed to uphold the integrity of the game.

everythingitouchdies
08-22-2011, 06:47 PM
I'm on board.

Threatening to boycott KW because of DQs is pretty immature. The penalty for collusion is harsh, and it sucks to have happen to good players, but rules are rules and they have to be followed to uphold the integrity of the game.

I will echo this sentiment.

Krieg
08-22-2011, 06:51 PM
Here are the decktypes that began the top 8
(lists to follow. If I screwed up on a card name, feel free to correct me)

TES
Aggro Loam (Jund)
Team America (Esper)
No Force Bant
Hive Mind
Cephalid Breakfast
High Tide
Hive Mind

the rest
9th Manaless Dredge
10th Hypergenesis
11th NO RUG
12th UBG Landstill
13th Reanimator
14th Elves
15th UW Control
16th Merfolk
17th Merfolk
18th Zenith Bant
19th BG Ooze
20th 4 Horsemen
21st Junk
22nd UW Control
23rd UG Madness
24th Zenith Bant
25th Zenith Bant
26th Aggro Bant
27th Merfolk
28th 4 Horsemen
29th Goblins
30th Dredge
31st Zoo
32nd UW Stoneblade
33rd Dredge
34th Burn
35th Hive Mind
36th Living End
37th Reanimator
38th Aggro Loam
39th Junk Deapths
40th UW Control
41st NO RUG
42nd Merfolk
43rd Hive Mind
44th UW Control
45th White Stax
46th Merfolk
47th NO RUG
48th Zenith Bant
49th Zoo
50th Merfolk
51st NO RUG
52nd Pyromancer Ascension
53rd Maverick
54th Zoo
55th UW Control

[TES]

Main Deck
2 Underground Sea
1 Volcanic Island
2 City Of Brass
4 Gemstone Mine
1 Flooded Strand
1 Polluted Delta
1 Misty Rainforest
1 Scalding Tarn
4 Chrome Mox
4 Lotus Petal
4 Lion's Eye Diamond
4 Dark Ritual
4 Rite of Flame
4 Duress
3 Orim's Chant
1 Xantid Swarm
4 Infernal Tutor
4 Burning Wish
2 Ad Nauseam
1 Tendrils of Agony
4 Ponder
4 Brainstorm
qty: 60

Sideboard
1 Slaughter Pact
1 Empty the Warrens
1 DeathMark
1 Shattering Spree
1 Grapeshot
1 Pyroblast
3 Xantid Swarm
2 Echoing Truth
1 Thoughtseize
1 Ill-gotten Gains
1 Tendrils of Agony
1 Diminishing Returns
qty: 15

[Aggro Loam (Jund)]

Main Deck
4 Wooded Foothills
3 Bloodstained Mire
1 Forest
2 Mountain
3 Taiga
1 Bayou
1 Badlands
4 Wasteland
1 Volrath's Stronghold
3 Tranquil Thicket
4 Forgotten Cave
4 Mox Diamond
2 Grim Lavamancer
4 Tarmogoyf
4 Dark Confidant
4 Countryside Crusher
4 Life from the Loam
2 Maelstrom Pulse
2 Devastating Dreams
3 Seismic Assault
4 Lightning Bolt

Sideboard
2 Krosan Grip
4 Pyroblast
3 Red Elemental Blast
2 Perish
1 Pernicious Deed
2 Nihil Spellbomb
1 Yixlid Jailer

lists

[Team America (Esper)]

Main Deck
4 Force Of Will
4 Brainstorm
2 Vendilion Clique
1 Batterskull
2 Marsh Flats
4 Swords To Plowshares
4 Polluted Delta
4 Stifle
3 Underground Sea
3 Daze
3 Flooded Strand
2 Tundra
4 Hymn To Tourach
4 Mental Misstep
2 Scrubland
4 Stoneforge Mystic
2 Ponder
3 Tombstalker
4 Wasteland
1 Sword of Feast and Famine

Sideboard
2 Perish
2 Thoughtseize
2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
4 Leyline of the Void
2 Diabolic Edict
3 Ghastly Demise

[No Force Bant]

Main Deck
4 Brainstorm
4 Mental Misstep
4 Swords To Plowshares
3 Daze
2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
4 Green Sun's Zenith
1 Batterskull
1 Sword of Feast and Famine
1 Birds of Paradise
3 Noble Hierarch
3 Knight of the Reliquary
3 Stoneforge Mystic
2 Vendilion Clique
2 Qasali Pridemage
1 Scavenging Ooze
1 Dryad Arbor
1 Forest
4 Tropical Island
2 Tundra
1 Savannah
4 Windswept Heath
4 Misty Rainforest
3 Wasteland
1 Karakas
1 Maze Of Ith

Sideboard
2 Krosan Grip
2 Rhox War Monk
3 Spell Pierce
3 Submerge
1 Umezawa's Jitte
1 Thrun, the Last Troll
1 Gaddock Teeg
1 Path to Exile
1 Bojuka Bog

[Hive Mind]

Main Deck
3 City Of Traitors
3 Ancient Tomb
4 Scalding Tarn
2 Misty Rainforest
2 Underground Sea
2 Volcanic Island
3 Island
3 Grim Monolith
3 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
2 Slaughter Pact
2 Summoner's Pact
3 Pact of the Titan
4 Pact of Negation
4 Brainstorm
4 Hive Mind
4 Ponder
4 Show And Tell
4 Intuition
4 Force Of Will

Sideboard
4 Leyline of Sanctity
3 Spell Pierce
4 Mental Misstep
3 Firespout
1 Slaughter Pact

[Cephalid Breakfast]

Main Deck
4 Misty Rainforest
4 Flooded Strand
3 Tundra
2 Underground Sea
2 Tropical Island
1 Savannah
2 Island
1 Plains
4 Nomads En-kor
1 Shaman En-kor
4 Cephalid Illusionist
4 Eladamri's Call
4 Brainstorm
3 Ponder
4 AEther Vial
3 Cabal Therapy
1 The Mimeoplasm
1 Dread Return
1 Giant Solifuge
1 Lord of Extinction
2 Stifle
4 Mental Misstep
2 Grand Abolisher
2 Narcomoeba

Sideboard
3 Leyline of the Void
1 Extirpate
1 Qasali Pridemage
4 Thoughtseize
1 Crippling Fatigue
1 Grand Abolisher
2 Echoing Truth
2 Flusterstorm

[High Tide]

Main Deck
1 Blue Sun's Zenith
1 Cloud Of Faeries
1 Brain Freeze
2 Preordain
4 Ponder
4 Brainstorm
4 Merchant Scroll
4 Turnabout
4 High Tide
1 Snap
1 Mental Misstep
1 Counterspell
1 Flusterstorm
4 Force Of Will
2 Cunning Wish
1 Meditate
4 Time Spiral
2 Intuition
12 Island
2 Polluted Delta
2 Misty Rainforest
2 Scalding Tarn

Sideboard
1 Snap
1 Surgical Extraction
1 Intuition
1 Rebuild
2 Wipe Away
1 Echoing Truth
1 Blue Sun's Zenith
1 Ravenous Trap
1 Brain Freeze
2 Pact of Negation
2 Mental Misstep
1 Meditate

[Hive Mind]

Main Deck
4 Hive Mind
4 Show And Tell
4 Force Of Will
4 Pact of Negation
3 Pact of the Titan
2 Summoner's Pact
3 Grim Monolith
4 Intuition
4 Brainstorm
4 Ponder
2 Slaughter Pact
3 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
5 Island
4 Scalding Tarn
2 Misty Rainforest
2 Underground Sea
4 Ancient Tomb
2 City Of Traitors

Sideboard
4 Leyline of Sanctity
3 Vendilion Clique
3 Steel Hellkite
4 Mental Misstep
1 Slaughter Pact

COBBLER
08-22-2011, 06:58 PM
Sorry about my hand writing its a DeathMark that u cant read.

sclabman
08-22-2011, 07:04 PM
I'm not quite sure about what happens, but barring any misconduct from judges I'm inclined to agree with Keys and everythingitouchdies.

lorddotm
08-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Should we get on the no more Intentional Draw plan as well? Play out every round like thugs?

I will make you play it out

But lets be honest, Alex and Mark should've taken a page out of the Shug Knight school of thinking.

Do what you do. Don't get caught ever.

Also, I think out local scene needs more substance abuse. Lets get on that.

Antonius
08-22-2011, 07:22 PM
Also, I think out local scene needs more substance abuse. Lets get on that.

At round 6 Mark was telling me that "looked really tired."

Nah, dude, my eyes are just red from the chlorine. What with all this bowling i've been doing.

ha ha ha ha

Popnlock
08-22-2011, 07:34 PM
Hi my name is Jonathan and I played in the tournament. This was my first knightware tournament and second tournament overall so I'm sorry I don't know names. I do not know the DQ players personally but saw what transpired. I did bad and did not make top 8 but while everyone was watching the top 8 matches I was in the other room trading. In that room was also the two players, Mark and Alex? One was buff white guy the other was asian with a beard. Mark told Alex did you remember tell them I concede and Alex said oh crap and both players went inside to the judges. While that was happening some tall asian guy (he plays hive mind) mentions they can get better prizes to the rest of their group/friends. I then see a white skinny guy hurry go to Lori and tell her something, I don't know if it was about that. Being nosy I stop trading and go to the other room. There the tall asian guy tells Alex it's possible for them to get better prize and when Alex realize told Lori and later the white guy playing high tide that he doesn't care about the prizes just the dci points that he will take last place prize. That happened in the tournament room so I'm sure others heard that too. Also when the main tall judge went to discuss about the situation he took two people that had played in the tournament alone in private room, one of those players were in the top 8 for prize as well. Also after the prizes were done I heard a dark skinned fellow say thanks to the judges he got a much better prize. I don't know if the players that got prizes were friends with the judges or not and I don't mean to imply that I'm just saying what I saw. I also agree if it was bad judging it wasn't knightware's fault.

lorddotm
08-22-2011, 07:39 PM
Hi my name is Jonathan and I played in the tournament. This was my first
Knightware tournament and second tournament overall so I'm sorry I don't know names. I do not know the DQ players personally but saw what transpired. I did bad and did not make top 8 but while everyone was watching the top 8 matches I was in the other room trading. In that room was also the two players, Mark and Alex? One was buff white guy the other was asian with a beard. Mark told Alex did you remember tell them I concede and Alex said oh crap and both players went inside to the judges. While that was happening some tall asian guy (he plays hive mind) mentions they can get better prizes to the rest of their group/friends. I then see a white skinny guy hurry go to Lori and tell her something, I don't know if it was about that. Being nosy I stop trading and go to the other room. There the tall asian guy tells Alex it's possible for them to get better prize and when Alex realize told Lori and later the white guy playing high tide that he doesn't care about the prizes just the dci points that he will take last place prize. That happened in the tournament room so I'm sure others heard that too. Also when the main tall judge went to discuss about the situation he took two people that had played in the tournament alone in private room, one of those players were in the top 8 for prize as well. Also after the prizes were done I heard a dark skinned fellow say thanks to the judges he got a much better prize. I don't know if the players that got prizes were friends with the judges or not and I don't mean to imply that I'm just saying what I saw.

Dark AND skinny?

I'm like 99% sure this is a fat white man's game.

But in all honesty, everyone who has ever met Kevin Long (he was the head jduge) would take a bullet for him, he's just an amazing guy.

Also, the only possible dark dude was high as fuck, so whatever he said can pretty much be ignored.

At round 6 Mark was telling me that "looked really tired."

Nah, dude, my eyes are just red from the chlorine. What with all this bowling i've been doing.

ha ha ha ha

I literally spent like 3-4 minutes crying I was laughing so hard.

You should go bowling with chlorine more often. You won the Emerald like that.

Cause remember. We don't give a fuck we just drinkin', smokin', straight West COASTIN'!

sclabman
08-22-2011, 07:44 PM
I can count the number of black people who I know play magic on one hand. Actually... one finger. There's just one.

Popnlock
08-22-2011, 07:47 PM
Sorry I meant he was not black but just darker skinned.

everythingitouchdies
08-22-2011, 08:42 PM
I literally spent like 3-4 minutes crying I was laughing so hard.

You should go bowling with chlorine more often. You won the Emerald like that.

Cause remember. We don't give a fuck we just drinkin', smokin', straight West COASTIN'!

Thug Life. I was tame for this one. At least during the rounds I lost. And still never went bowling with Amy.

lorddotm
08-22-2011, 08:45 PM
Thug Life. I was tame for this one. At least during the rounds I lost. And still never went bowling with Amy.

I will try and pick some more up before Sunday at MTGDeals. The shit is pretty expensive, that is why I didn't have a ton (60 an 8th, which for clubs is like unreal).

Next time, I recommend sticking around with me and Tony if you wanna go bowling (this goes to everyone who wants to go bowling).

everythingitouchdies
08-22-2011, 08:49 PM
I will have to make sunday. I have a new deck.

Que
08-22-2011, 08:52 PM
I will try and pick some more up before Sunday at MTGDeals. The shit is pretty expensive, that is why I didn't have a ton (60 an 8th, which for clubs is like unreal).

Next time, I recommend sticking around with me and Tony if you wanna go bowling (this goes to everyone who wants to go bowling).

I may take you up on that offer. x]

I was looking at tony and was like yep this guy is blown. haha. Though idk that I have the capacity to play like that. not in a tourney anyway.

everythingitouchdies
08-22-2011, 09:01 PM
For the record, I don't smoke.

lorddotm
08-22-2011, 09:31 PM
I may take you up on that offer. x]

I was looking at tony and was like yep this guy is blown. haha. Though idk that I have the capacity to play like that. not in a tourney anyway.

You would be surprised. Playing after bowling is actually pretty easy, try it. Tony actually plays better when high.

And Ben, none of us smoke, we bowl.

everythingitouchdies
08-22-2011, 09:31 PM
You would be surprised. Playing after bowling is actually pretty easy, try it. Tony actually plays better when high.

Just wanted to be clear about it.

Ghightide
08-23-2011, 12:23 AM
Hi my name is Jonathan and I played in the tournament. This was my first knightware tournament and second tournament overall so I'm sorry I don't know names. I do not know the DQ players personally but saw what transpired. I did bad and did not make top 8 but while everyone was watching the top 8 matches I was in the other room trading. In that room was also the two players, Mark and Alex? One was buff white guy the other was asian with a beard. Mark told Alex did you remember tell them I concede and Alex said oh crap and both players went inside to the judges. While that was happening some tall asian guy (he plays hive mind) mentions they can get better prizes to the rest of their group/friends. I then see a white skinny guy hurry go to Lori and tell her something, I don't know if it was about that. Being nosy I stop trading and go to the other room. There the tall asian guy tells Alex it's possible for them to get better prize and when Alex realize told Lori and later the white guy playing high tide that he doesn't care about the prizes just the dci points that he will take last place prize. That happened in the tournament room so I'm sure others heard that too. Also when the main tall judge went to discuss about the situation he took two people that had played in the tournament alone in private room, one of those players were in the top 8 for prize as well. Also after the prizes were done I heard a dark skinned fellow say thanks to the judges he got a much better prize. I don't know if the players that got prizes were friends with the judges or not and I don't mean to imply that I'm just saying what I saw. I also agree if it was bad judging it wasn't knightware's fault.

obviously you didnt hear right because that conversation was directed to Ryan N. saying he could've got these prizes if he got the infernal tutor instead of tendrils against Weston with clique. This whole situation probably started with some dummy hearing one part of a conversation between friends and twisting it in his own head and telling a judge or something. I really dont know what to say, if the judges really did DQ them off information from some guy overhearing half of a conversation.......

Also why is Alex and Marks decklists posted for top 8 if they were DQ'd, everything about the ending of that tournament was so wrong.

Popnlock
08-23-2011, 12:55 AM
Sorry I wasn't clear I meant that I was in the other the whole time when Mark remembered to concede and he and Alex went to tell the judges and I didn't hear them talk about prizes or splits at all. It was other guys talking about it after they already left that may have made others suspicious. Also I don't know if it is relevant but I heard Alex telling the judge he had told him they were conceding before the match and the judge says he does not remember. I did hear it as others did as well since it was crowded but it was not right before whatever match they were playing (semi? quarter?) but it was before the top 8 started when everyone was looking at standings, at the time I thought it was a joke and it looked like the judge did too but the judge was done showing standings and as he and Alex walked by each other he told him "my opponents scooping to me" with a laugh so it sounded like a joke but he also said "I thought I'd tell a judge" and the tall judge just nodded and kept walking by him.

Que
08-23-2011, 01:44 AM

haha. Fo sho.

All I've done is drafted after I had some edibles. But I must have gotten some crazy shit because I was trippin bawls to the point where people were starting to walk like South Park characters rofl.

And to stay on topic. Congrats to Weston. You bastard broke my streak against Storm decks in tourneys.
And big ups to Phil. See ya at the office. xD

everythingitouchdies
08-23-2011, 02:04 AM
Yes, congrats weston.

And Tony.

I have never done drugs. An occasional glass of wine at a family function, but I cant imagine performing well at a tournament the day after eating a ton of shrums or waking up drunk and plowing through without sobering up or feeling like you snorted an anthill like amount of coke to the point you barely see your opponents skin through your hunger for his blood.

COBBLER
08-23-2011, 02:16 AM
Thanks Guys, Great Tournament other then all the DQ stuff I Dont even want to get involved in that, lol.

Technics
08-23-2011, 03:05 AM
Great event. Amazing time, and Lori keep putting on the great events.

For anyone that wants to bitch/moan about the judging. Stop. It's over and done with, and when the players involved were given the chance to write a statement, they both refused. That should say enough about their maturity of the situation.