PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] Dragon Stompy

08-13-2011, 05:54 PM
Just an idea with all of the color intensive mana bases. Lack of double lands is a problem though.

14 Mountains
4 Arid Mesa
4 Darksteel Citadel
4 Simian Spirit Guide

4 Seething Song
4 Chalice of the Void
4 Trinisphere
3 Boom//Bust

4 Phyrexian Revoker
4 Magus of the Moon
4 Gathan Raiders
2 Arc Slogger
3 Moltonsteel Dragon
2 Blood Moon

I have NO IDEA if this will work. Sphere and Chalice look good on paper against storm combos. The creatures look bog and fast enough for zoo if a chalice effect lands. Moon effects should be enough disruption to slow down 12 post decks pre-board at least. Just throwing the idea out there to see if any more ideas can get bounced around.

Ryuu!
08-13-2011, 06:17 PM
hi!

why darksteel citadel? it does nothing in the deck, unless you want undestructible mountains with a maugs... not too much of someting there.

I think it would be better just play some tectonic edges or even mountains in their spot, though I don't think this deck is any good. All-in red wasn't very good in old extended, and you have abandoned the Empty the warrens route. Also no demigods or Deus of calamity, nor rite of flame.

08-13-2011, 06:23 PM
True. I was going to try and run Mox Opal, but realized I wouldn't be able to consistently metalcraft. The deck can also run Boom//Bust as a way to take advantage of the Citadel and nuke a colored source for the opponent under a moon effect.

SpikeyMikey
08-13-2011, 06:50 PM
All in Red is what this deck wants to be. But as Ryuu pointed out, you're lacking the EtW plan. You really want 3 threats, Koth, Deus, and EtW. Each one requires a different method for dealing with it so an opponent can't be sure of what a keepable hand is in any given game. Path to Exile might beat you one game, but the next when you have Koth, it's meaningless. Another game, an aggressive hand might be able to beat Koth, but when you drop Deus of Calamity, they can't get out of the gates.

I had an All in Red listing pre-banlist, but I think post-ban, the deck just isn't good enough. The things it preyed upon are mostly gone.

RainbowPenguin
08-14-2011, 04:42 AM
You probably want Desperate/Pyretic Ritual or Rite of Flame rather than or in addition to Seething Song, since you ca't run Sol Lands in Modern. Also, if you really want Boom/Bust (which I'm not at all sure you do) You should run 4 Scalding Tarn/4 Arid Mesa/10 Mountain, rather than just 4 Mesa/14 Mountain.