PDA

View Full Version : [WI] Sept 17 Legacy w/proxies for Seas/Forces @ Game Universe-Greenfield (Milwaukee)

dontbiteitholmes
08-15-2011, 08:39 PM
http://www.game-universe.com/

Game Universe
4631 South 108th Street, Greenfield, WI 53228
(414) 427-8800 ‎

Legacy Magic Tournament for 4x Underground Seas & 4x Force of Wills

At noon Saturday, Sept. 17, Game Universe Greenfield will host a Legacy tournament with Underground Seas and Force of Wills for top placing players!

The entry fee is $20 and prizes will be determined by attendance. Every 6x people who enter adds 1x Underground Sea to the prize pool! If we pass 24 people entering, we’ll give away 1x Force of Will for every 4x people who enter after the 24th! Don’t want Forces or Undergrounds? We’ll give you any similarly priced Legacy cards from our considerable selection

Our usual proxie rules apply – 10 proxies are included in the entry fee, and each proxie beyond the 10th costs an additional $.10.

Registration starts at 11 am and the tournament starts at noon. Prizes will be based on attendance and split among the top 3-4 places, depending on attendance. Matt will officiate, so feel free to email him at matt@game-universe.com with any questions!

dontbiteitholmes
08-21-2011, 05:27 AM
Come to this. Milwaukee is hype for this event. I know at least 6 or 7 people who don't regularly play Legacy that are currently building to play in this so it should be a good turnout.

I'm not officially involved with this event I just want a bigger turnout so I can add some more duals to my stash.

Windux
08-21-2011, 06:27 AM
Yay! For just 25$ you have the chance to win Seas and Forces, without own just a single Magic card? Great!

bladewing019
08-23-2011, 03:20 PM
Is there any upper limit on the number of proxies? I have a couple friends interested in going to this.

dontbiteitholmes
08-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Is there any upper limit on the number of proxies? I have a couple friends interested in going to this.

First 10 proxies are free after that it is 10 cent a proxy. So you could play a 100% proxy deck if you wanted, it would just cost you an extra $6.50 or so. I'd follow Starcity proxy guide since that seems to be the universal standard. http://forums.starcitygames.com/showthread.php?11903-Updated-proxy-rules-for-the-Star-City-Power-9-series

dontbiteitholmes
09-02-2011, 02:13 AM
Bump, stay stoked for this.

dontbiteitholmes
09-08-2011, 11:37 PM
Bump again. Went to a Vintage event in Green Bay last week and announced this to around 20 people there who seemed interested. Some said they planned to attend and I was definitely asked for details by several people. I expect a pretty good turnout for this.

Antonius
09-09-2011, 03:42 AM
Here I am, right on the cusp of assembling full foil and FBB duals for my deck while kids in Milwaukee are proxying entire decks. Damn.

Is there a way I could donate my fifth swords to plowshares or path to exile or something?

dontbiteitholmes
09-13-2011, 12:47 AM
Here I am, right on the cusp of assembling full foil and FBB duals for my deck while kids in Milwaukee are proxying entire decks. Damn.

Is there a way I could donate my fifth swords to plowshares or path to exile or something?

There are a fair amount of "casual" Legacy players in Milwaukee so having the proxies probably doubles attendance and lets us have a good payout. I have all the cards myself so I don't care either way but when it comes down to it most of the people with the cards to play Legacy locally would rather have the proxy crowd show and double the payout than have it be sanctioned and play a 16 person event for a modest payout.

dontbiteitholmes
09-18-2011, 01:43 AM
This was today, believe it or not several people had things to do and several were just fine with not playing it out so we split top 8 and got $90 store credit each. 38 people showed and the end prize support was 4 Seas and 3 Forces with 6 rounds of swiss and a cut to top 8, but in the end I think only 1 of the Seas and 1 Force ended up leaving the store as people mostly picked up other Legacy staples they needed with their store credit.

I went undefeated at 4-0-2 to get into top 8 with Enchantress. I beat UW Mystic twice, drew to it once off bad draws, beat Dredge, and beat Burn, then ID'd round 6. I lost 2 games all day, both to terrible topdecks multiple turns in a row.