PDA

View Full Version : [Dallas, TX] NM Beta Savannah Legacy Tourny at Gunslinger Games 9/4

Gunslinger_Games
08-17-2011, 12:05 AM
NM Beta Savannah Legacy Tournament

Sunday September 4th (Labor Day Weekend) at Noon

Gunslinger Games
11110 Petal St Ste 200
Dallas, TX 75238
214-553-5873

Legacy Constructed Swiss Tournament

Deck list required of all participants.

$20(+ tax) entry fee

Prize Support:
~ If fewer then 20 players, 2 booster packs/player, divided among top eight.

~ If 20+ players, first place will receive a NM Beta Savannah. The remainder of the top eight will divide 2 booster packs/player among themselves.

~ Players may substitute $2 of store credit (not usable for entry fees) for any booster packs they win.

Bignasty197
08-17-2011, 12:29 AM
I'm in.

Gunslinger_Games
08-17-2011, 08:08 PM
Great. That's puts us at about a dozen people that are spoken for. I don't think we'll have any problem hitting at least twenty. Please tell other Legacy players that you know personally. :smile:

sdematt
08-17-2011, 08:59 PM
Tell whoever wins to contact me on the forum, I'll turn the Savannah into cash.

-Matt

infant_no_1
08-22-2011, 12:29 PM
Why is this not a guaranteed prize?
If you have 18 people show you take in $360(+tax), but only pass out one box of product in prize?

Seems a little out of balance.

Bignasty197
08-22-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm confident that at least 20 people will show up. Everyone is back in town from summer vacation.

Gunslinger_Games
09-04-2011, 10:23 PM
33 players, several from out of town. Top eight standings, decks, and prizes:

1) Robert G.- Steel Hellkite is a Char- Beta Savannah
2) Samuel F.- No RUG- 18 booster packs
3) Andy T.- [Enchantress]- 10 packs
4) Cameron W.- Team America- 10 packs
5) Stephen H.- [Sneak Attack]- 7 packs
6) Johnny N.- Illegal in the 60's- 7 packs
7) Alex K.- Angry Loam- 7 packs
8) Noah R.- Painted Stone- 7 packs

Thanks to everyone who participated. :-)

sdematt
09-05-2011, 02:43 AM
Any chance you can ask Robert G to contact me? Or, just see if he's interested in selling the Savannah?

-Matt

Di
09-05-2011, 01:49 PM
9th Place - Colin Chilbert

That was disappointing, losing out on tiebreakers. Oh well.

Bignasty197
09-06-2011, 12:28 AM
I ended up at an awful 13th place.

What did you lose to, Colin? I didn't get to catch any of your matches as most of mine went 3 games.

Di
09-06-2011, 12:07 PM
I ended up at an awful 13th place.

What did you lose to, Colin? I didn't get to catch any of your matches as most of mine went 3 games.

I went 4-2 with High Tide, beating Combo Elves, NO Bant, Enchantress, and UW Stoneforge. I lost to both decks that made the finals, Mud Forgemaster and NORug.

Against Mud, I comboed on turn 4 pretty easily and he mulled to 5. G2 I was stuck on two lands but managed to FoW a turn 2 Thorn of Amethyst and a turn 3 Lodestone Golem. I was actually able to combo off 2 lands but the turn before I did he topdecks a Revoker on Candelabra. My next turn I use Merchant Scroll for a bounce spell, but next turn he topdecks a Lodestone Golem. I hit my 3rd land and can then go off the following turn, but then he topdecks another Lodestone Golem. 3 rips in a row, yay. Game 3 I keep a hand that can go off turn 3 but has no protection, and he has the nuts with turn 2 Lodestone, turn 3 Thorn and Lightning Greaves, turn 4 Kuldotha Forgemaster, equip, activate, get Blightsteel and kill me. Nothing I could do there, although before the tournament I did remove Hurkly's Recall from my sideboard as I didn't expect to see any Mud/Stax type decks. Oops.

Against NoRug, I comboed turn 4 game 1. Game 2 I went off turn 5 with double backup and a Spiral, and my Spiral drew me into a Ponder as the only draw spell. Ponder found Meditate, and Meditate found me a Brainstorm, but then I fizzled and died. Game 3 I open a 1 land Brainstorm hand and miss a 2nd land on the Brainstorm. I didn't draw a 2nd land until ~turn 5 or so, which by then he had Jace and pretty much fatesealed me out of the game. I ended up getting to 3 lands, but couldn't combo. Interestingly enough, had I hit my 3rd land a turn earlier, I could've won. My hand was busted and he didn't ever have more than 3 cards in hand, but the turn I hit my 3rd land he drew Vendilion Clique and I didn't have enough backup to deal with Clique + 2 Reb + Force, just the Rebs and Force.

Gunslinger_Games
09-10-2011, 01:08 AM
If y'all are interested, you can check out the decklists of seven of the top eight on our Facebook page:

Gunslinger Games (http://www.facebook.com/gunslinger.games)

oinksterthepig
09-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Clearly High tide should rock Snapcaster Mage!