PDA

View Full Version : Is Dredge dead?

Pltnmngl
08-18-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm looking over different forums online and it seems like nobody wants to even try dredge since both the Troll and Dread Return are banned. Do we need DR that badly?

Aggro_zombies
08-18-2011, 12:28 PM
How else are you getting stuff out of your graveyard? Just binning your library and then casting 1/2 flying guys for 3 and 1/1 non-flying guys for two would make you the world's worst aggro deck, and what sacrifice outlets are you using to generate Zombies with Bridge in a relevant time frame? The deck would be way too slow and underpowered.

warallthetimne
08-18-2011, 01:04 PM
No ichorid, no troll, no breakthrough....i dont really see a way to make it viable in modern. I love dredge its the bers knees in legacy but you're just missing to much to play the deck in modern.

Mr. Safety
08-18-2011, 01:22 PM
You can concievably use Ideas Unbound...but I agree that you just don't have the ammo to make it work. Troll's biggest advantage is the dredge 6 of the guy, not his body size. Ichorid makes it happen in legacy, and there aren't any 'free' creatures for dredge in modern (maybe Bloodghast, but based on land drops, Loam works better with it.)

The only thing I think could maybe happen with dredge is a combo with Lord of Extinction and possibly Fling or Rite of Consumption

Gui
08-18-2011, 01:30 PM
I like the way the poster basically begs for a decklist to be crafted at the forum, and offer no solutions or reasons of his own, at all.

That said, wizards said they were doing their best to Tormods Dredge out of Modern, and honestly, they did a great job. (not discussing if dredge should be a deck, just saying they achieved their goal and ruined Dredge in modern)

Gui
08-18-2011, 01:32 PM
I like the way the poster basically begs for a decklist to be crafted at the forum, and offer no solutions or reasons of his own, at all.

That said, wizards said they were doing their best to Tormods Dredge out of Modern, and honestly, they did a great job. (not discussing if dredge should be a deck, just saying they achieved their goal and ruined Dredge in modern)

Pltnmngl
08-18-2011, 03:39 PM

I didn't start this for a decklist. It's obvious nobody has one. I was only trying to find the reasoning why. I'm formulating a couple things, but I want to test and come correct when I'm ready. Hence why this is in the format discussion and not deck discussion.

(nameless one)
08-18-2011, 05:47 PM
My buddy is building a Dredge deck that has Life from the Loam to loam back Crypt of Agadeem and unearth Extractor Demon in the process.

Pltnmngl
08-18-2011, 09:29 PM
My buddy is building a Dredge deck that has Life from the Loam to loam back Crypt of Agadeem and unearth Extractor Demon in the process.

The demon I get. Loam seems okay. Just seems a bit slow. Then again, I'm thinking alot of my builds feel slow.