PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] Mirrorweave

TsumiBand
08-20-2011, 01:29 PM
I've never fancied myself much of a deckbuilder, but I'm compelled to make Mirrorweave work in *insert aggro deck*. the thing I enjoy about it is that it doesn't necessarily detract from an aggressive strategy; similar to the Food Chain Goblins combo of old, the deck it's played in can theoretically function without it, but it also gives those decks a unique way to 'combo out' a win. Also I am poor as shit and this deck is cheap. :D

The two decks I have in mind for this bad tech are Kithkin and Slivers. Kithkin, as it is probably the most renowned deck to have played Mirrorweave FTW successfully, and Slivers as also has multiple targets for MW and in losing Crystalline Sliver (aka 'The Good One') it should look to other win conditions. Mirrorweaving a Virulent Sliver after blockers also breeds rofls.

The strength of a Kithkin deck would lie in its mono-colored goodness, as it seems everyone's looking to abuse Moon effects or run Path to Exile; Kithkin would capitalize on both by being able to almost completely dodge one and at least profit off the other. Meanwhile Slivers may not have enough robust effects to keep up with other aggro; it's lost a lot of good duders to the 8th Ed cut-off. Again, Virulent is awesome to copy and can steal games just by showing up in multiples, but beyond that there's only Sinew as a proper Lord, the rest are weird junky ones out of Time Spiral and probably offer nothing in the way of good effects.

Here's my suggested starting point for Kithkin, it's a fairly obvious decklist:

4 Figure of Destiny
4 Goldmeadow Stalwart
4 Wizened Cenn
4 Knight of Meadowgrain
4 Thistledown Liege

4 Spectral Procession
4 Mirrorweave

4 Path to Exile
4 Oblivion Ring

4 Windbrisk Heights
20 Plains

The list feels a little light on creatures, but it's just off the top of my head. I don't think the deck needs 24 land, and I'm sure that I'm leaving out a relevant creature. One of those is not Cloudgoat Ranger, I suspect that guy's too slow for this format, however Spectral Procession is a staple of the deck and sets up the 4th turn 'weave FTW. I'm tempted to run Mana Tithe game one, since that's the only game it will work in but a win is a win :P

I also believe the sideboard of the deck could be tinkered to give it good matchups against decks that don't care about the Mirrorweave combo. Angel's Grace is some good vs. Hive Mind; Sword of Fire and Ice doesn't necessarily have a place in the maindeck but it would be great versus opposing aggro that stymie the combo. To be honest I'm way less a sideboarder than I am a deckbuilder :P :P Hence the reason to open it for for discussion!