PDA

View Full Version : [SCD] Thousand-Year Elixir

SpikeyMikey
08-20-2011, 08:10 PM
I saw a guy playing with Thousand-Year Elixir the other day. He was using it in conjunction with Mangara of Corondor to get a double Vindicate for 4 mana. I recently built a G/W pseudo-hate deck with this combo in it. The Elixir is also good with Knight of the Reliquary, allowing him to do some serious digging when he comes down (too bad Modern doesn't have any REALLY juicy lands that you can get). But that interaction with Elixir isn't *that* busted. I'm looking for something else in G/W that works well with Thousand-Year Elixir. If it were just straight-up haste, it would be good with a lot of things (Hero of Bladehold would be pretty nuts as a hasty beater. 7 out of the blue? Sign me up). As it is, it's difficult to justify using it in a 7 mana 2 turn combo in a deck with no tutoring. Any ideas?

TossUsToLions
08-20-2011, 10:06 PM
I was thinking about fitting it into some kind of elf-combo list. Maybe like a one-sided Concordant Crossroads that also allows you to untap your Elvish Archdruid?

EDIT: Doesn't really help with a GW Haterator deck, but I guess you could build GW elves with it...

Maveric78f
08-21-2011, 08:41 AM
I guess it's good with weak creatures that have a good ability when tapped. My first thoughts come to:

Arcum Dagsson
Kuldotha Forgemaster
The rebels
Intrepid Hero
Merieke Ri Berit
Oriss, Samite Guardian
Rhys the Redeemed
Stun Sniper
Budoka Gardener
Sakura-Tribe Scout
Imperious Perfect
Scattershot Archer
Elvish Piper
=> Godsire
Stonehewer Giant

SpikeyMikey
08-21-2011, 01:36 PM
Hmm, the Stonehewer looks interesting. So does Imperious Perfect. This really might be more of an Elves thing than a GW thing.

coraz86
08-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Hmm, the Stonehewer looks interesting. So does Imperious Perfect. This really might be more of an Elves thing than a GW thing.

Possibly the danger of cool things, but this+Rosheen Meanderer+Genesis Wave seems pretty gross. Especially since Meanderer and Wave already combine well. (Also works pretty well with GSZ, I'd wager.)

Also works with Profane Command. The biggest joy I got in Lorwyn/Shards Standard was using Meanderer to turn Profane Command into a win con. I pissed a few people off doing that.

Malchar
08-21-2011, 08:12 PM
It might be good with Fauna Shaman since it's the same color as Knight of the Reliquary and it helps enable/tutor other creature-based combos like Mangara.

Maveric78f
08-22-2011, 03:05 AM
How did I forget about Fauna Shaman? It looks like just the best...