PDA

View Full Version : [SCD] Tezzeret the Seeker

(nameless one)
08-24-2011, 02:39 PM
Tezzeret the Seeker

Alright, I know a lot of folks have tried him in Legacy. Despite being awesome in Vintage (though that format has Mana Drain to power him out), he never really shined in Legacy. He was to slow to take over a game and Jace the Mind Sculptor stole the spotlight as the planeswalker to go.

In a format where its theoretically a turn slower than Legacy and where SuperJace isn't legal, can Tezz the first be abused? And if he can be, how would you abuse it? Which tools would shine under Tezz?

Discuss

laxkiddan
08-24-2011, 04:33 PM
personally, I would hunt down my favorite artifact- Isochron Scepter- on his first turn. I sure you can do some damage once that gets in

GGoober
08-24-2011, 07:26 PM
I'm working on a Tezz list, the main reason because Ensnaring Bridge is very strong in the format against aggro.

A rough sketch of my list:

23 Lands (including 4 Darksteel Citadel, 1 Ghost Quarter, 1 Tec Edge, 2-3 Inkmoth)

Artifacts: 16
3 Mox Opal
3 Engineered Explosives
2 Isochron Scepter
1 Vedalken Shackles
1 Brittle Effigy
1 Executioner's Capsule
1 Crucible
4 Ensnaring Bridge

Bombs: 9
3 Tezz 2.0
2 Tezz 1.0
4 Gifts Ungiven

Removal: 4 (+7 artifact)
4 GFTT

Permission: 8
4 Mana Leak
4 Remand

Very rough sketch, I was trying to have plans to fit in Trinket Mage. Not sure if I'll cut Remands in this list. You win with Tezz 2.0 or Tezz 1.0 under a Bridge, or Inkmoth beats in the air. Resolving Shackles or Isochron (imprinting GFTT and Remand) can buy you tons of advantage to set up for Gifts in the mid-game.