PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles (LEGACY) $1000.00 cash payout Sept 17th ALL STAR CARDS LLC

ALL STAR CARDS
08-29-2011, 04:43 PM
ALL STAR CARDS LLC
912 S. ROBERTSON BLVD
LOS ANGELES CA 90035
310 652-2904

WWW.ALLSTARCARDS.ORG

ALL STAR CARDS Legacy give back to our players. 2:00 pm Saturday SEPT 17

Every month Legacy at ALL STAR 100% payout - ALL money collected from players will be paid back in cash prizes!

$25.00 per person entry fee

Event example:

40 players top 8 win $1000.00

30 players top 8 win $750.00

20 players top 8 win $500.00

Level one Judge: Josh

cut to top 8 players

saspook
08-29-2011, 06:17 PM
You call this a $1,000 event, but you don't guarantee anything, so it is kind of like false advertising. If you did guarantee a payout level, I would come and play. But otherwise it isn't worth the time to play in a ten/twelve person event. (I didn't see results from the last event, how many people played?)

everythingitouchdies
08-29-2011, 06:55 PM
You call this a $1,000 event, but you don't guarantee anything, so it is kind of like false advertising. If you did guarantee a payout level, I would come and play. But otherwise it isn't worth the time to play in a ten/twelve person event. (I didn't see results from the last event, how many people played?)

I feel the same way. I am not against coming out to one of these, but I dont want to waste a day not knowing what to expect and with no real ability to have an expectation of payout. If 16 people play and top 8 split the prize, the end value does not really make it worth heading out for.

sinistar
09-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Thanks Rich for another fun tourney! Great people there and good times were had by all! Plan on coming to the next one!

*Looks at thread title*

*Looks at username*

Hey wait a second...

ALL STAR CARDS
09-09-2011, 05:21 PM
Going foward our judge will post winners of this event. 12 at our last event

lorddotm
09-09-2011, 05:54 PM

100% agree with this.

saspook
09-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Going foward our judge will post winners of this event. 12 at our last event

It is great that you have delegated this important responsibility, can you please address the other part of my post? Otherwise I am afraid that only twelve people will show up again, and I wont be one of them.

Timewalker
09-10-2011, 01:45 PM

Its not like you and Liam have anything better to do anyway.

Timewalker
09-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Oops one more thing, for every person who enters $25.00 is added to the pot. $300.00 was given out the last 3 times-just ask Shai he wins in the top 4 each month. Its like free money for him!

A lot of Herb could be bought with that money guys.

Koby
09-10-2011, 03:02 PM
Oops one more thing, for every person who enters $25.00 is added to the pot. $300.00 was given out the last 3 times-just ask Shai he wins in the top 4 each month. Its like free money for him!

A lot of Herb could be bought with that money guys.

$300 is not $1000, as advertised. Also, are you condoning illegal drug use?

Timewalker
09-10-2011, 03:06 PM
No, never. I just know what a couple of guys on here like to do with their money. Besides, I am sure they have doctor's prescriptions. Right, guys?..........

saspook
09-10-2011, 04:04 PM

Because Rich is posting these events and bumping them, I am making the assumption that he actually wants people to come out. That part makes sense, but I have no idea why you post on here. It is possible that you want to help the store owner; but your actions do not encourage anyone to play at your favorite store. Your posts deleted/posts not deleted ratio has to be something like 3:1; they consist of a serious lack of content mixed with mindless insults.

I hear that Josh is doing a great job with these events, but as I explained, I am not going to show up if there are no players. Perhaps if instead of insulting people, you talked to Rich about how to increase attendance, you could actually accomplish something.

Timewalker
09-10-2011, 06:45 PM
^
So lets see...

You would rather play 3 hours of magic and win a tundra or a bazaar of bagdahd then win 3 bills (rich has been getting plenty of people to insure that!).

Well whatever floats your boat. Maybe you are so well off and make enough money where 300.00 is not that much to you. But you are right, great quote, "300.00 is not 1000.00" But 300.00 is a lot better than a Trop. LOL

As for taking swipes and making fun, you guys are the champs of that. You took hits against Rich since long ago. I am just saying that if you want to win money and have a great time come to All Stars. Just ask Shai. If not enjoy your duals, and let Shai win all the money-thats fine with me, he is a great guy!

Tru3z3rox
09-10-2011, 06:56 PM
This always seems shady. I think Rich should learn a bit of tact in dealing with players and perhaps some apologies would suffice. No one is holding any grudges. Also the self-bumping and shameless promoting is just that..shameless.

I would show up to these events if not for the weird environment and the fact that I'm already banned along with a few other people that I know. Haha...

lorddotm
09-10-2011, 08:05 PM

Liam does have better things to do. I could be working, trying to get laid or getting laid, smoking, among other fun activities.

The thing is, I'm not going to bother giving up one of those when 300 is being split 4-8 ways. At other stores I get a Trop for Top 8ing, here I would get a Trop (100) for winning. That isn't worth it to me just yet.

For whatever it's worth, I make more money working than I would playing in a tournament. Plus, my job is awesomely fun.

saspook
09-11-2011, 10:31 AM
^
So lets see...

You would rather play 3 hours of magic and win a tundra or a bazaar of bagdahd then win 3 bills (rich has been getting plenty of people to insure that!).

But Rich is only getting 12 people. Have you ever wondered why other stores get 40-60 people, and you get 12? Rich is losing money doing these events, since he is giving out all the entrance fees and paying for one of the top judges in Los Angeles. Does he want more than 12 people?

Well whatever floats your boat. Maybe you are so well off and make enough money where 300.00 is not that much to you. But you are right, great quote, "300.00 is not 1000.00" But 300.00 is a lot better than a Trop. LOL

Do you play at these events Timewalker? Do you know that the 300 is the total prize pool and must be split among the top 4 or so players? That is only 75 each, or less than the value of a trop. So no, it isn't.

Who is giving away "a trop"? Here is a prize pool for an LA event that is guaranteed to get more than 12 people..
2 Tropical Island
2 Scrubland
4 Show and Tell
4 Lions Eye Diamond
4 Aether Vial
4 Vindicate
2 Dark Confidant
2 Jitte

And another event in LA
2 Underground Sea
2 Tropical Island
2 Volcanic Island
2 Tundra
2 Scrubland
2 Plateau
2 Savannah
2 Bayou
2 Tiaga
2 Badlands
2 additional dual lands.

Those are both a LOT better than 300 dollars, and the store owners will even make a small profit.

As for taking swipes and making fun, you guys are the champs of that. You took hits against Rich since long ago. I am just saying that if you want to win money and have a great time come to All Stars. Just ask Shai. If not enjoy your duals, and let Shai win all the money-thats fine with me, he is a great guy!

You are a broken record with no tact. I can have no tact as I am not selling anything, only trying to make you see that their is something wrong with your events. You should have more tact if you are speaking for the store that is trying to gain players. And if you don't want players, you shouldn't be posting here.

ALL STAR CARDS
09-14-2011, 12:33 PM
This event going foward will always being cash payout.

Tru3z3rox
09-14-2011, 03:12 PM
This event going foward will always being cash payout.

Haha..stop bumping yourself! I'll stop bumping you after this as well.

It is important to note that none of this talk phases him at all. Pretty stubborn.

ALL STAR CARDS
09-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Yes deck lists will be needed. Forms will be here at the store

Timewalker
09-15-2011, 04:39 PM
Cash will be given out on September 17, at the Legacy tournament at All Stars, for all prizes! The number of attendees has been growing for each event and everyone who showed up reported that they had a lot of fun and that it was a great event. Hope to see you there!

ALL STAR CARDS
09-16-2011, 05:54 PM
Cash will be given out on September 17, at the Legacy tournament at All Stars, for all prizes! The number of attendees has been growing for each event and everyone who showed up reported that they had a lot of fun and that it was a great event. Hope to see you there!

Koby
09-16-2011, 06:17 PM
$300.00 was given out the last 3 times-
$300 is not $1000, as advertised.

Hey look, I can quote and not add anything of substance too!

bimmerbot
09-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Congratulations to Matt Krystall and Anthony Lacassa, who split in the finals! We had a small turnout this week, so each winner went home with $100. The winning decks were WrG Enchantress and UW Stoneforge Control.

Please come play next month so we can get closer to the $1000 payout that would be possible with only 40 players!

Josh Stansfield
Level 2 Judge

TheShaun
09-20-2011, 01:22 PM
100 + 100 = 1000!

Math rulez