PDA

View Full Version : [SCD] Isochron Scepter

Mr. Safety
08-30-2011, 03:02 PM
I am really surprised at the lack of Scepter decks popping up...it used to be the pinnacle of control with Orim's Chant, and we still have a lot of great imprint targets available in Modern:

Silence
Lightning Helix
Echoing Truth
Remand
Boomerang
Path to Exile

So I'm curious...why isn't anyone trying to break Scepter?

fyrisen
09-01-2011, 03:46 PM
I have always wanted to play a deck with Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir combined with Isochron Scepter. That hard lock is awesome. What cards would fit in that kind of shell?

Phoenix Ignition
09-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Too many chances to be 2 for 1ed, not enough spells to make it completely stupid (I'm looking at you Orim's Chant).

Cryptic Command is probably the biggest reason against it right now, aside from the whole not having Orim's Chant. Every deck that cares will have a sideboard card that's meant to hit canonist or blood Moon and probably double for scepter. Green Sun's Zenith decks always have one creature that kills it so even against all aggro decks you aren't going to keep it for sure, unless you actually have the lock going early enough.

fyrisen
09-04-2011, 04:26 PM
http://www.thecouncil.es/tcdecks/deck.php?id=6760&iddeck=49029

First place in a daily modern. I don't like the list, but it did well.

Mr. Safety
09-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Scepter is absurdly powerful, it just needs the right mix of elements. It lands soon enough to combat combo and 12-post. You can land a Scepter turn 2 safely in most combo matchups. Pridemage is fairly brutal...but this might be a place to finally put Disrupting Shoal to good use. Turn 2 Scepter with Shoal protection.