PDA

View Full Version : [SCD] Trinket Mage

(nameless one)
09-06-2011, 08:56 AM
Hey guys,

We all know what Trinket Mage does. We all know it was effective with Tezzerator back in Extended. Modern to me is just a rehash of non-rotating Extended.

Anyways, in the current Modern meta, which would be the top 3-4 targets for Trinket Mage in a mono/two color deck?

I can think of Pithing Needle, Relic of Progenitus, Chalice of the Void and of course Engineered Explosives. Also, I think Mox Opal deserves an honorable mention (since artifact lands are banned).

Would there be other great Trinket Mage targets thats good against the meta other than whats mentioned above?

rufus
09-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Sigil of Distinction might be a good card to fetch. Sprinleaf Drum, Paradise Mantle and Darksteel Citadel might also make sense as mana sources.

09-06-2011, 12:53 PM
The spellbombs seem like they can make good targets, Brittle Effigy and Executioner's Capsule can act as tutorable removal as well.

Mr. Safety
09-12-2011, 10:58 AM
I'm currently using a Trinx package in my BUG control sideboard, and here is the package I'm using:

3x Trinket Mage
1x Executioner's Capsule (deals with Eldrazis)
1x Pithing Needle
1x Engineered Explosives (already 1 in the maindeck)
1x Basilisk Collar
1x Nihil Spellbomb

I think that Elixir of Immortality could be good with it as well...if it didn't shuffle my graveyard into my library (I'm using Eternal Witness, Makeshift Mannequin, Mulldrifter, and Shriekmaw). If you're not playing white for Sunbeam Spellbomb use, then I would say Elixir is a solid target. I like Nihil Spellbomb over Tormod's Crypt/Relic because I need my graveyard intact and the cantrip is nice.