PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] Deadguy Ale

4eak
09-23-2011, 11:02 PM
This is a very customizable classic deck. It has a decent cardpool in Modern, and has effective turn 1 disruption (something which isn't common in this format). It's a deck worth looking at, as it tends to have decent matchups all around (although no extremely favorable matchups).

Here is a decklist:

// Lands - 22
2 Plains
2 Swamp
4 Godless Shrine
3 Arid Mesa
3 Verdant Catacombs
4 Marsh Flats
3 Caves of Koilos
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

// Various Creatures - 18
4 Dark Confidant
4 Phyrexian Revoker
4 Vampire Nighthawk
4 Mirran Crusader
2 Kitchen Finks

// Hand Disruption - 12
4 Inquisition of Kozilek
4 Thoughtseize
4 Tidehollow Sculler

// Board Control - 4
4 Path to Exile

// Equipment Package - 4
2 Steelshaper's Gift
1 Sword of Fire and Ice
1 Sword of Light and Shadow

// Sideboard
SB: 4 Smother
SB: 1 Kitchen Finks
SB: 4 Leonin Relic-Warder
SB: 4 Oblivion Ring
SB: 1 Sword of Feast and Famine
SB: 1 Batterskull

Phyrexian Revoker is a house. He's even better when the metagame becomes clearer. I've focused on abusing equipment. Gatekeeper and Serra Avenger seem pretty good.

peace,
4eak

Draener
09-24-2011, 04:24 AM
The deck seems like it would be weak to zoo, which is looking to be the go-to deck until the recent bannings settle down. As such, I would recommend running some number of Phryexian Crusader's (preferably 3+) somewhere in your 75 as that card does a very good job of slowing zoo down.

He also kill quite quickly when combined with equipment.

Menteith
09-24-2011, 04:36 PM
I've been running a variant of this deck, that is substantially more creature heavy. The latest list I've been testing is...

Land
4x Godless Shrine
4x Marsh Flats
2x Verdant Catacombs
13x Swamp

3x Path to Exile
4x Thoughtseize
4x Inquisition of Kozilek

4x Tidehollow Sculler
4x Gatekeeper of Malakir
4x Dark Confidant

4x Vampire Nighthawk
3x Hypnotic Specter

4x Phyrexian Obliterator
3x Lashwrithe

SB
1x Path to Exile
4x Dismember
4x Duress
3x Suppression Field (Being changed out for Phyrexian Revoker)
3x Withered Wretch

The only way I've managed to keep a decent matchup for Green/X/x midrange decks (Zoo, Jund, Bant) is to run a high number of 'big" creatures (Nantuko Shade, Lashwrithe, and Phyrexian Obliterator). A substantial amount of card advantage is contained in the creatures - Gatekeeper, Specter, Confidant, and (if protected) Sculler - with the rest of the creatures generally winning the game on their own. I would love to run Finks, but one of the reasons I enjoy the deck more than a number of other Modern decks is because the mana is stable.

Edit - I've been testing Revoker in the maindeck a bit more. It's good in the SplinterTwin and Melira MUs, but its inability to hit land has come up a number of times. It's going to stay in my board for now.