PDA

View Full Version : Legacy $1,000 Cash Guaranteed Challenge - 10/16, Tabletop Arena in Lowell, MA

TabletopArena
10-02-2011, 01:06 AM
Tabletop Arena has just moved into a New Location, and we're excited to bring the best tournament experience to our Gaming Community.

Short notice here, but we are hosting a $1,000 Cash Price Guaranteed Event for Legacy, Standard, and Sealed, our first Challenge is on Sunday, October 16th, 2011.

Event Doors: 10:00am
Play Starts: 11:00am (Strictly Enforced!).
Entry Fee - $30.00
Structure: 1st - $400, 2nd - $200, 3rd/4th - $100, 5th-8th, $50 each. Over 72 Players, add $25 9th-16th.

*Freebies*

Parking: We have some street parking. For this large event, there is a garage across the street from our site. Please park there, we will be validating / compensating for the cost of parking if you are driving to this event.

Lunch Meal Deal: Tabletop Arena will be providing lunch for players that attend the event from the Market Street Market, which provides a boar's head deli. Options will be made available for special dietary needs, including vegetarian. Exact options coming soon. Chips & 1 can of soda included.

The $100 Triple Crown Prize - This is the first of 3 $1k weekly challenges at our store. We will be running Standard on 10/23 and Sealed on 10/30. 3 points awarded for every match win, including top 8 wins plus 3 points for achieving top 8 in an event. Highest points receive $100 at the end of the third event.

About Tabletop Arena - Chris has been running events for various shops over the years, and in July, 2010, was able to open his own store. Last month, we were forced out of our location and now we're starting over, but we now have so much more to offer. We have a central downtown location with a parking garage. Our space is larger, we can easily and comfortably fit 85 players for events. We could cram like every game store out there and likely fit many more players, but this should be unnecessary. With our years of experience, we've had the opportunity to meet many gamers all over New England, and we look forward to meeting you. We're out to provide the best gaming experience for all levels of play and formats, and not just for Magic: the Gathering.

Help us succeed in our new venture! If you can make it to this event, we'll be grateful to have you. A successful Magic community starts with you, we're here to bring it together.

Explosion
10-03-2011, 03:33 PM
I will definitely be there.

Boston/Cambridge area players, if you need to playtest or need to hook up with people for carpooling, come to our weekly playtest sessions on Mondays at Pandemonium. I'm hoping to get as many people as possible to hit up this event. Chris knows how to run a good tournament.

bfeingersh
10-03-2011, 05:03 PM
I will try to be there :)

sunshine
10-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Haven't been to an event in a while and I always like to see a new store - should be there.

TabletopArena
10-11-2011, 01:45 PM
Menu Choices:

Step 1: Chose Sandwich Type: Turkey, Chicken, Roast Beast, Salami, Vegetarian w/ Humus.

Step 2: Chose Toppings: Lettuce, Tomato, Onions, Cucumbers, Carrots

Step 3: Chose Bread: White, Wheat, Wrap, Spinach Wrap, Sub Roll

Step 4: Condiments: Mayonnaise, Mustard

Step 5: Show up to obtain sandwich.

Please contact me with your sandwich choice if you are coming to the event by e-mailing chris@tabletoparena.com with subject "sandwich". Please include your DCI Number, if you know it, or your City / State your number is registered in if you don't.

Thanks!
-Chris

Explosion
10-16-2011, 10:34 PM
Awesome event, but I might be biased since I split in the finals! Will definitely be there next week for Standard. I'll work on a tournament report.