PDA

View Full Version : [SCD] Steelshaper's Gift.

DragoFireheart
10-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Steelshaper's Gift

Sorcery
W

Search your library for an Equipment card, reveal that card, and put it into your hand.
Then shuffle your library.

Do you think this card may see play? It can grab any of the swords you may want for epic smashing. SCG is sold out at the moment...

4eak
10-09-2011, 03:58 PM
Yes, it will see play. Not as much as SFM would, but it is a very cheap tutor which any deck splashing white and playing 1 or more equipment cards will run. The trick is finding the midrange equipment deck that is worth playing.

peace,
4eak

perm
10-09-2011, 08:07 PM
A far cry from SFM for sure, but I think certain niche decks will make use of it... I don't think it's that great

TheInfamousBearAssassin
10-09-2011, 09:46 PM
If Jitte were unbanned, maybe? Otherwise... maybe in some deck that has a really particular use for a specific equipment, like Lightning Greaves or Grafted Wargear or Basilisk Collar, but not just for grabbing Swords of Relevant Colors, I don't think.

Mr. Safety
10-11-2011, 09:46 AM
I'm testing it in Modern Team Italia...because I think putting Sword of Fire and Ice on Stillmoon Cavalier is sexy.

Fuzzy
10-11-2011, 01:04 PM
It could grab Cranial Plating in Affinity decks.

DragoFireheart
10-11-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm testing it in Modern Team Italia...because I think putting Sword of Fire and Ice on Stillmoon Cavalier is sexy.

The only thing more sexy than that is putting Sword of Fire and Ice on a Mirran Crusader.

Mr. Safety
10-12-2011, 07:36 AM
Stillmoon has Pro-black and Pro-white built in, which = Pro-'everything except bolt' (including Path to Exile right out of the gate.) A paltry :w: or :b: lets him fly over the green dudes.

Just an opinion, MC is pretty hot also. I just think Stillmoon is a minor upgrade due to the pro:white built in. Both fall to Bolt before SoF&I, but Stillmoon has a little more utility without being equipped. *shrug*