PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] Reanimator

Brushwagg
10-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Ok, this deck started kind of through DredgeVine, but I really wasn't happy how the deck played out and there is a lack od Reanimator in modern it seems. Also with Innistrad there are some new toys to play around with.

Castables and Outlets
4x Birds of Paradise
2x Noble Hierarch
4x Fauna Shaman
4x Oona's Prowler
2x Phantasmagorian

Outlets
4x Thirst for Knowledge
4x Forbidden Alchemy

Reanimates
4x Unburial Rites
2x Makeshift Mannequin

Protection
4x Delay

Targets
1x Inkwell Leviathan
1x Sphinx of the Steel Wind
1x Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur
1x Terastodon
1x Hellkite Overlord
1x Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund
1x Iona, Shield of Emeria

My mana base is very Budget but it works, what I want to focus on is the targets. What to use and maybe not so mant outlets. I'm thinking the Porwlers can go and more pretection can be added.

As far as playing the deck you want to get a fatty in the yard ASAP and bring it back with Rights. Makeshift is a 2nd option since you can do it EOT on the other players turn, really good if the creature has Shoroud.

Mr. Safety
10-10-2011, 07:57 AM
How do you feel about Gifts Ungiven instead of Thirst for Knowledge? I've played with and against this type of setup (before Unburial Rites, it was using Mannequin/Zombify) and it can work really well, but it's slow as hell. I like the mana-dorks to get the business going sooner.

I would also suggest Bogardan Hellkite. I used it many times as a pseudo-wiper, and at the least it's good for roughly 10+ to the dome.

I love Forbidden Alchemy, I just got myself a set of them. Now I have to find a way to best abuse them...this may be it. I'm looking forward to seeing more in this thread.

Brushwagg
10-17-2011, 07:59 PM
@Gifts: I really haven't tried it yet but I'm not having any problems finding a reanimate spell and a target. Gifts would provide a way of chooing a target but slowing the deck down a turn.

I did drop 2x Prowler and upped the Makeshift count. I'm using the Makeshifts since they are instant speed and I'm probably going to end up with a good amount of stuff with Shroud.

Pltnmngl
10-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Really digging this list....
http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=10003

Mr. Safety
11-15-2011, 02:57 PM
I am working hard on a B/G Fauna Shaman list that abuses Vengevines and Bloodghasts...insanely consistent along with 6-8 mana dorks.

The big question is: does blue add enough to make the splash? I was also thinking Forbidden Alchemy, and possibly even Merfolk Looter, to work the Fauna Shaman/Vengevine synergy.

Rough list:

Foundation: 19
4x Birds of Paradise
4x Fauna Shaman
2x Merfolk Looter
1x Scryb Ranger
1x Oona's Prowler
4x Vengevine
4x Bloodghast

Support/Reanimation: 10
4x Forbidden Alchemy
3x Makeshift Mannequin
2x Unburial Rites

Protection/Utility: 4
4x Maelstrom Pulse

Bombs: 5
1x Iona, Shield of Emeria
1x Bogardan Hellkite
1x Angel of Despair
1x Hellkite Overlord
1x Sphinx of the Steel Wind

Lands: 21
4x Verdant Catacombs
1x Misty Rainforest
2x Overgrown Tomb
2x Watery Grave
1x Twilight Mire
1x Sunken Ruins
4x Forest
4x Swamp
2x Island

I really want an Eternal Witness in there, and potentially more outlets for discard. Oona's Prowler is pretty solid but I don't know if I have room for more given Looter taking up slots. I was thinking that Looter, at the least, gets you another card to look at each turn.

I'm not sure if this is better than just focusing on Bloodghast/Vengvine and working in the Raven's Crime/Life from the Loam engine along with more discard and removal (Duress, Inquisition, Shriekmaw, and Putrefy specifically)