PDA

View Full Version : Empire Game Center Presents Win Our Expensive Cards Event! Kent, Ohio

OneBigSquirrelGod
10-19-2011, 06:16 PM
MAJOR TOURNAMENT ANNOUNCEMENT!
EMPIRE GAME CENTER
164 CHERRY ST
KENT, OH 44240
Located in University Plaza next to All Pro Sports on the same side as the movie theater.
Store hours for Nov 12-13, 2011
9 am-8 pm

Saturday November 12, 2011
Format: Standard (Scars of Mirrodin, Mirrodin Besieged, New Phyrexia, Magic 2012 and Innistrad)
Registration starts at 10 am-11 am
Tournament starts at 11:15-11:30 am
Format: Swiss, cut to Top 8
Entry Fee: $25.00
Deck Registration is required for this event!
If you want to save time please fill out your deck list in advance!
http://www.wizards.com/ContentResources/Wizards/WPN/Main/Documents/MTG_Constructed_Deck_Registration_Sheet_PDF1.pdf

Prizes
17th-32nd - 3 Booster Packs of Innistrad
9th-16th Place - ¼ Booster Box of Innistrad
5th-8th Place - 1/2 Booster Box of Innistrad
3rd-4th Place - 1 Booster Box of Innistrad
2nd Place - 1 1/2 Booster Boxes of Innistrad
1st Place - 1 Beta Plateau!
*Winner may substitute Beta Plateau prize for $400 in store credit*

Sunday November 13, 2011
Format: Legacy
Registration starts at 10 am-11 am
Tournament starts at 11:15-11:30 am
Format: Swiss, cut to Top 8
Entry Fee: $25.00
Deck Registration is required for this event!
If you want to save time please fill out your deck list in advance!
http://www.wizards.com/ContentResources/Wizards/WPN/Main/Documents/MTG_Constructed_Deck_Registration_Sheet_PDF1.pdf

Prizes
1st Place - Choice of Italian Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale or Candelabra of Tawnos!
2nd Place - Candelabra of Tawnos or IT Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale - Whichever card the winner does not select.
3rd-4th Place - 1 Booster Boxes of Innistrad
5th-8th Place - ½ Booster Box of Innistrad

Event Notes
-Prizes are guaranteed regardless of attendance as long as there are enough players to sanction both events! (8 player minimum)
-Please bring pen and paper/score pads for these events to keep score of your matches! We will not have pens or score pads available.
-Trading cards for cards is fine in store, but attempting to “deal” in store is not. This includes “let’s go get food” or “let’s go smoke” or “come hang out in my car for a few minutes” kind of statements attempting to lure people out of the building.
-Other stores are not permitted to advertise themselves at our event without permission (fliers are prohibited due to the terms of our lease - even we cannot advertise our own store with handbills in this plaza)

Fry
10-20-2011, 02:55 AM
I shall do my best to be there, and bring peoples along too ^_^

Fry
10-23-2011, 10:38 PM
Unfortunately I found out today that my request off has been denied... So that means that I will be unable to go to this :(

Telperion
10-27-2011, 06:24 PM
Definately attending this, it's about time northeast Ohio got some quality gaming.

Mark Sun
11-05-2011, 03:19 AM
One week away.

Bringing at least 3.

hi-val
11-07-2011, 03:34 AM
Hey Mark, do you have room for one more? I'm looking for someone to split costs with from Columbus...

Telperion
11-11-2011, 11:34 PM
This Sunday! I've stopped and checked out the store in advance and was informed there will be a level 2 judge present for the tournament. It has most legacy staples if you need to shop last minute and a huge play area with numbered tables. Also the plaza has a rediculous amount of parking and Subway/Chinese etc. Hope to see some travelers as well as locals.