PDA

View Full Version : GP Lincoln, NE Feb. 18th and 19th

SpikeyMikey
11-02-2011, 11:37 AM
I know it's a bit early but I thought I'd see who all was planning on attending. I hope to be there piloting either Twin or Bant. I'm expecting a field of 15% Zoo, 10% Twin and maybe 5-8% Pod.

RaNDoMxGeSTuReS
11-02-2011, 08:43 PM
I'm going saying it's 40 minutes from Omaha.

RaNDoMxGeSTuReS
02-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Necro! Any other Sourcers coming to this GP?

SpikeyMikey
02-18-2012, 08:16 PM
Locker for day 2 at 7-1. 1 more round tonight. May actually have to stop being lazy and write a report. On B/W Tokens.

Litorers
02-19-2012, 12:45 PM
tell us how it goes

SpikeyMikey
02-20-2012, 10:33 PM
Very disappointing finish. I ended day 1 at 7-2, losing to LSV on U/W Tron in round 4 and a local guy named Austin who was also on U/W Tron in round 9. Won matches against Fish (round 1), Second Sunrise (round 2), U/R Storm (round 3), U/W Control (possibly Caw Blade? Round 5), American Stick twice (UWR Delver/Lynx/Scepter rounds 6 and 7) and Bant Hexproof (round 8). Started out 2-0 day 2, beating a pair of Junds before the wheels fell off and I lost 4 straight matches to U/R Storm, Jund, U/B Teachings and Melira Pod. Ended up in 75th place, out of prize money.

I did punt in the Jund matchup in round 13 vs. Willy Edel. Game 1 I mulled to 5 and kept a 1 land hand that ended up going nowhere. Game 2, I had a Shrine of Loyal Legions with 7 counters on it, a pair of Auriok Champions and a Burrenton Forge-Tender. I'm at 27 and he's at 21. He's got a 3/4 Tarmogoyf, a Kitchen Finks, a Bloodbraid Elf and Liliana with 4 counters. He uses Liliana's edict ability and I sacrificed the Forge-Tender. 3 turns later, I take beats from 2 3/4 Tarmos and the Finks and go from 21 to 12. EoT, I crack the Shrine for 11 and he plays the last card in his hand, a Jund Charm. If I'd have just lost a Champion and settled for a little less life out of Shrine, I could've avoided the blowout. But I gained 22 life and went up to 34, so I had a little time to rebuild. A few turns later, I attacked with 4 spirit tokens to put him to 15 and flipped Ajani Goldmane off Windbrisk. I cast and flashed a Lingering Souls and then pumped my army with Ajani. He had no cards in hand and the Souls put me to 28 with the double Auriok Champion. All I needed was for him not to find Maelstrom Pulse or Jund Charm. He untaps, flips for Bob and reveals... Maelstrom Pulse. Goes to 12, blows my army out of the water, swings in for half my life. I draw for the turn and get a land. Scooped it up.

Jund is a really good matchup for Tokens, so I think if I hadn't blown game 2 getting greedy with the Shrine - if I had either cracked it in response and sac'd a token or just lost one of the Champions - I think I probably would've won the match and monied out.