PDA

View Full Version : 08/25/12 Magic Legacy Black Lotus Event PTG

Gulkahn
11-02-2011, 03:26 PM
Event Cancelled.
I hope to have a different event series up soon.

Michael Keller
11-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Prizes: 1st place: Unlimited Black Lotus
2nd place: 2 booster boxes*
3rd/4th places: 1 booster box*
5th-8th places: 9 booster packs*

Rob, if you're making the effort to run a set of tournaments with Power Nine as the main prize, I think you can do better than booster boxes/packs of in-print Standard as prize structure past first.

Most Legacy enthusiasts willing to make the effort to play in an event of this caliber would probably be rather unhappy if all they got for their troubles were a few booster packs for playing round after round and earning a berth in the Top Eight. It might be more appealing to run fewer events and use Legacy staples as prize support through the Top Eight, as most people who play Legacy probably prefer Legacy cards.

Also, while I was on leave, I saw $100.00 Force of Wills in the case. Please tell me that isn't so.

RogueMTG
11-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Rob, if you're making the effort to run a set of tournaments with Power Nine as the main prize, I think you can do better than booster boxes/packs of in-print Standard as prize structure past first.

This.

Nine crummy packs of worthless (for a legacy player) cards for top 8ing a Lotus event would be horribly disappointing, and is not worth the trip...

Which is sad, 'cause I'm only an hour and a little bit away.

Raise the entry fee a bit if you have to, relevant prizes will draw a bigger crowd regardless.

Gulkahn
01-11-2012, 10:15 AM
sorry for not getting back to this sooner. I will reconsider the prizes for this event. I may also have to move the date of this event. I will keep everyone updated, and thank you for the input.