PDA

View Full Version : [Baltimore, MD] 11-26-11 THE GOBBLE 'TIL YOU WOBBLE LEGACY OPEN!

d@verockstar
11-04-2011, 10:36 AM
https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/373245_282855678401811_1397870429_n.jpg (https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=282855678401811)
(click the pic for the facebook event page)

A LEGACY TOURNAMENT?
TWO DAYS after THANKSGIVING?

Yeah, because you're not done giving thanks yet...

Welcome to the PREMIERE Maryland Legacy Event for November.

This event will qualify you for our DECEMBER SEASONS BEATINGS DUAL FOR DUALS!

That's right: top 8 in November, and get free entry into the December event.

Enough about Christmas presents, let's talk about the present(s).

THE PRIZES FOR THE NOVEMBER TOURNAMENT will be guaranteed at ONE player.

Payout will at LEAST extend to top 8, with all top 8 participants gaining entry to the December tournament.

Additionally, first place will receive a Playset (4) Force of Wills (or a legacy staple of greater value).

Additional prizes will be announced tomorrow and as we approach the tournament.

UPDATE: We have set aside a playset of TROPICAL ISLANDS, and BAYOUS in addition to the Force of Wills. All of these items will conceivably be available for the prize pool!

ENTRY FEE for this event is $25.

The doors at GAMES & STUFF will open at 10:30am

The tourney will start at 11:15am

Decklists will be required.

SEE YOU THERE TURKEY!

For directions to GAMES & STUFF check out their website by clicking here (http://gamesandstuffonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63&Itemid=63)!

Michael Keller
11-08-2011, 01:52 PM
I'll be there.

I'm also still confused as to what the prize structure is. First place receives a set of Forces, which is definitely not the same value as a set of Tropical Islands. Will there at least be a minimal guaranteed prize structure announced through the Top Eight and what it will receive?

bfeingersh
11-08-2011, 02:44 PM
I'll be home for break, so I'll try to make it to this.

d@verockstar
11-10-2011, 01:10 PM
I'll be there.

I'm also still confused as to what the prize structure is. First place receives a set of Forces, which is definitely not the same value as a set of Tropical Islands. Will there at least be a minimal guaranteed prize structure announced through the Top Eight and what it will receive?

Typically, the top 8 drafts the prizes available. So one prize will be a set of trops and one will be a set of forces.

The GUARANTEED prize right now is the 4x Tropical Islands and 4x Force of Wills.

The guaranteed prize support is as follows:

1st: 4x Tropical Island (Revised)
2nd: 2x Force of will
3rd & 4th: 1x Force of will
5th-8th: Gift Cards ($25)

All top 8 competitors will receive free entry into the December Tournament as well.

Keep in mind, this is just the *guaranteed* prize support. We have reserved some additional dual lands and Games and Stuff has a sick singles selection so that we will be able to scale up prizes as appropriate.
ALL top 8 competitors will receive free entry into the DECEMBER DUEL FOR DUALS
Hopefully this makes sense, please let me know if it doesn't.

***UPDATE***

We will also have a *LOSER'S TOURNAMENT* at this event. Here's how it will work.

Starting after round 2 you can register for the Loser's tournament which will start just before round 4.

It will be single elimination and the winner will receive a FOIL DARK CONFIDANT JUDGE PROMO.

2nd Place will receive a Dual Land (Plateau).

ENTRY WILL BE $5

HOWEVER, IF WE GET TO 40 PLAYERS IN THE MAIN EVENT--

Entry into the loser's tournament will be free (for participants in the main event!)

Tell your friends they can win some great prizes EVEN IF THEY 0-2 drop JUST BY COMING TO OUR TOURNAMENT!

Thanks guys! See you there!

Michael Keller
11-21-2011, 10:14 AM
The GUARANTEED prize right now is the 4x Tropical Islands and 4x Force of Wills.

My guesstimate of prize payout will be the following, but keep in mind, this isn't guaranteed.

1st: 4x Tropical Island
2nd: 4x Force of Will

Yeah, definitely still confused.

d@verockstar
11-21-2011, 04:54 PM
This is this weekend, folks; get hype!

Hollywood, if you want to PM me what you're confused about - I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.

I guess I'm just lost as to what your confusion is.

I'm sure what I said is probably a bit scatterbrained.

d@verockstar
11-23-2011, 11:03 AM
I'm going to clarify the prize support (the guaranteed prize support) here, and in the original post.

Hope this clears up any confusion!

Happy Thanksgiving all, be safe!

The guaranteed prize support is as follows:

1st: 4x Tropical Island (Revised)
2nd: 2x Force of will
3rd & 4th: 1x Force of will
5th-8th: Gift Cards ($25)

All top 8 competitors will receive free entry into the December Tournament as well.

Keep in mind, this is just the *guaranteed* prize support. We have reserved some additional dual lands and Games and Stuff has a sick singles selection so that we will be able to scale up prizes as appropriate.

bfeingersh
11-24-2011, 10:58 AM
Looking to borrow a few cards for this (Entombs/Show and Tells), I can give you my EDH deck as collateral (easily worth more than what I need to borrow).

If anyone is cool with lending cards to a stranger, PM me. I'd like to play in this but unfortunately didn't bring my trade binder home for Thanksgiving weekend with me D:

d@verockstar
11-25-2011, 10:45 AM
Looking to borrow a few cards for this (Entombs/Show and Tells), I can give you my EDH deck as collateral (easily worth more than what I need to borrow).

If anyone is cool with lending cards to a stranger, PM me. I'd like to play in this but unfortunately didn't bring my trade binder home for Thanksgiving weekend with me D:

I've just PM'd you, Ben.