PDA

View Full Version : Grand Prix San Diego Legacy Tournament for Revised Boosters

Jacob
11-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Cascade Games just revised their program to include a Legacy tournament.

http://www.cascadegames.com/events/863

Legacy for 10 sealed revised booster packs

First place wins 10 Revised booster packs!
Register from Noon to 1:00 pm. - Play begins at 1:30 pm. - $20 Entry Fee.

anjo
11-07-2011, 05:48 PM
It's a bit sad that the payout for the Modern tournament is ~3 times bigger...

saspook
11-07-2011, 07:43 PM
It's a bit sad that the payout for the Modern tournament is ~3 times bigger...

we can hope that a great turnout will increase the prize support. so scrub out of the main event and play this on Sunday. I think it is pretty cool that the TO went and found an cool prize to put up and added this to the roster of events.

Goin Aggro
11-08-2011, 03:35 PM
I'm hoping there's a little bit more prize distribution than that.

Otherwise, they'll be making a pretty hideous profit if more than 20 people sign up. (Which I hope they do)

Jacob
11-11-2011, 04:34 AM
Tim is very good on prizes, as anyone who has played in his events knows. When he says that he is giving these boosters to first, he means even if 8 people show up, first will get those boosters. He is also pretty good about understanding that Legacy players are not going to want Innistrad boosters as prizes, so I think he will try to come up with stuff we will go for.

If there are concerns, bring them up ASAP. Those who know Tim know he steps up to the plate. He literally went and dug up the revised boosters _because_ we asked for this event, when he has everything else to run this weekend. You all know how hard it is to get good prizes for a Legacy tournament even with plenty of time and a store. He doesn't have a store and he did this on short notice.

I think he has gone way beyond what most organizers would do and it would be a shame if we didn't bother turning out.