PDA

View Full Version : [San Diego, CA] Weekly Legacy on Thursdays at San Diego Games & Comics (Artifex)

anjo
11-08-2011, 01:18 PM
To any players in the San Diego area,

We're running weekly Legacy tournaments at San Diego Games & Comics (Artifex) in San Diego, CA. 100% of entry fee goes to prizes in store credit.

These weekly events just started so turnout is ~8 at the moment but in the past it had 16+ each week and the problem is that people don't know about it so please spread the word...

$5 entry fee
7:00 pm start time

Vacrix
03-13-2012, 02:48 PM
I heard there was a larger sized tournament at Artifex coming up on a Saturday of this month. Does anyone know the date/time?

KrzyMoose
03-13-2012, 03:37 PM
I'm usually busy on Thursday nights, but I hope I can start making out to some of these.

If this was on Tuesday, I would be soooo happy. But, I'll probably stop by this Thursday, and I hope to play next week.

*edit* Huh...I just realized the OP is five months old...Oh well.

HAVE HEART
03-14-2012, 02:21 AM
Funnily enough, the tournaments stopped right around the time he posted that, but they have started back up again. We have gotten at least ten for five weeks straight. Last Thursday (8 March 2012) had over 16 players. These have been very fun, so feel free to come out.

Just so you are not surprised, there will only ever be four rounds, even if only eight players show or if 100 players show. Since people generally have shit to do on Friday morning (like work), then it was decided not to run tournaments based on size, but rather just have a static amount of rounds. This might also turn into a league if we can consistently get a decent turnout.

As for the big tournament, I have no idea about that, but Facebook might be a good place to look? I do know that Jim was talking about running one, but prizes and date are something I am not sure about.

Vacrix
03-16-2012, 05:48 PM
What day(s) are the tournaments? I heard they were on Thursday but if there were 10 in 5 weeks then there is more than one a week right?

Also... I heard Crazy Fred's has something going at like 1:00 pm on Sunday's. I'll be there this Sunday with a buddy to check it out.

For the record, Thursdays doesn't work for me either; I have class til 930 that day. Saturday's would be dope though.

MiniLuv
03-16-2012, 08:16 PM
The website for SD Games and Comics still says Thursday 6PM. I'll come check it out sometime next month once my schedule frees up.

Vacrix
03-21-2012, 09:21 PM
Went to Crazy Fred's last week. Honestly wouldn't recommend it until a good group of Legacy players organize to go there. Its a bunch of scrubs playing Slivers with basic lands and Birthing Pod.dec. Pretty lame. There was one Burn player and one Affinity player and those were the only real decks. Ima stick to Artifex for now.

I'll be at the local tomorrow. No classes this week.

MiniLuv
03-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Sad to hear about Crazy Fred's.

Do let us know what the weekly turn out for Artifex is. I live pretty much 20 minutes from either store, but would obviously prefer sticking with one.

KrzyMoose
03-27-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm for sure going to show up this week, wielding a completely outdated Zoo deck. I haven't actually played this format in like a year and a half. Looking forward to it!

Vacrix
03-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Last Thursday we had a 10 person event at Artifex. Burn won. Meta was
Burn
Dredge
PSI
Black aggro
Jank GW
White Weenie
MUD
GW Maverick

Pretty good turnout. Some other decks you might encounter (people have multiple decks) are.. Faerie Stompy, Elf combo, B/U reanimator, and Solidarity..

MiniLuv
03-27-2012, 06:19 PM
Ahh thanks for the quick breakdown Vacrix!

What were the entry fees + prize/prize structure for Crazy Fred's + Artifex?

Vacrix
03-28-2012, 12:36 PM
I got 5 bucks store credit taking 4th with PSI, MUD got 3rd, a pack and 5 bucks, and then i think 2nd and 1st each got a pack and 10, 20 dollars respectively.

Also, I should mention that there were 2 decks I left out of that metagame breakdown but I can't remember what they were.

MiniLuv
03-28-2012, 06:08 PM
I got 5 bucks store credit taking 4th with PSI, MUD got 3rd, a pack and 5 bucks, and then i think 2nd and 1st each got a pack and 10, 20 dollars respectively.

Also, I should mention that there were 2 decks I left out of that metagame breakdown but I can't remember what they were.

And the entry free was ~$10 I'm guessing?

HAVE HEART
03-28-2012, 10:31 PM
It is $5, just like the original post states. Everything in the original post is still relevant, except we have been getting double digits every week for the past six or seven weeks.

KrzyMoose
03-29-2012, 04:54 PM
Does this start at 6 or 7? The OP says 7, but SDG&C's site says 6...