TOURNAMENT WILL BE HELD AT OTHER LOCATION
240 MAIN ST.
JOHNSON CITY, NEW YORK

Jupiter Games
JupiterGamesOnline.com
3701 Vestal Parkway East Suite 7
Vestal, New York 13850
(607)729-5910

This is the Sixth North East Legacy Championship Qualifier of the 2012 Series.

Our 2012 Series features some awesome new improvements we hope you all like;
- Jupiter Games Running Player Rewards! (Check Our Website For Details)
-That's right, earn free incentives at every Qualifier you show up to based on your point totals!
- Jupiter Games Top 8 Pins for all Top 8 Finishers! (In Addition to the 1st Place Trophy!)
- Jupiter Games Live Streaming Feature Matches
- Jupiter Games Is featuring our new projector system!
-No more waiting in crowded lines to look at your pairings! Just look up!
-Including our free Championship at the end of the year Jupiter Games is giving out over $50,000 in Prizes!
-Our point leader of the 2012 year will receive a FREE BLACK LOTUS!

THIS EVENT WILL BE A 1.5K due to it being in DECEMBER and is the one month we usually skip a legacy event. The entry for this event will also be cheaper only $20 to play in this months event! We wanted to give players a chance to play for a good prize and still offer the same amount of NELC points to those who show up!

Format
-Legacy
-$20
-Swiss, Cut To Top 8
1st - $350 Cash or $400 Credit + Top 8 Pin + 1st Place Trophy + 12 Jupiter Points!
2nd - $200 Cash or $275 Credit + Top 8 Pin + 6 Jupiter Points!
3rd/4th - $100 Cash or $150 Credit + Top 8 Pin + 4 Jupiter Points!
5th-8th - $50 Cash or $75 Credit + Top 8 Pin + 3 Jupiter Points!
9th-16th - $45 Credit + 2 Jupiter Points!
17th and Below – 1 Jupiter Point!

Side Events
$15 - Standard Single Elimination 8-Man's For A Booster Box (1st Place 2/3rds, 2nd Place 1/3rd)
$15 - Legacy Single Elimination 8-Man's For A Booster Box (1st Place 2/3rds, 2nd Place 1/3rd)
$15 - Vintage Single Elimination 8-Man's For A Booster Box (1st Place 2/3rds, 2nd Place 1/3rd)

$15 - Innistrad Booster Drafts (Innistrad Packs For Prizes!)
$7 - EDH 4-Man Pod Tourney's (Receive 2 packs per player you eliminate! Winner receives an additional 2 packs)

Additional Incentives
- Fully Stocked with practically every card!
- We buy and sell everything at reasonable prices
- Easily accessible food at reasonable prices within walking distance
- Ask anyone, these tournaments are the most fun you can have!

Bryant Cook
11-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Can we have recorded feature matches again? I enjoy reliving my Grapeshots.

BackDr0p
11-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Will you guys be "actually" streaming this tournament?

The Pharmacist
11-09-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm in for this one!

SpeakingofJager
11-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Now that I have enough notice, I'll be there for sure. Can't wait to 0-3 Scrub out!

Scordata
11-09-2011, 11:07 PM
Still slinging tombstalkers, Carson?

I'll be there, fo shizzle.

SpeakingofJager
11-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Ha, I picked up some Imperial Recruiters. We'll see if I want to be that guy or not

SavageNern
11-10-2011, 04:09 PM
We will look into streaming matches again for this event but I am not guaranteeing it will happen.

Scordata
11-11-2011, 01:56 AM
Please be that guy. As hard as you can.

jeanbathez
11-11-2011, 03:54 AM
We will look into streaming matches again for this event but I am not guaranteeing it will happen.

That would be perfect !!! I really enjoy your videos, and since there are commentars its extraordinary and in particular when the commentators are competent, which they are.

SavageNern
11-17-2011, 02:09 PM
THIS EVENT WILL BE A 1.5K due to it being in DECEMBER and is the one month we usually skip a legacy event. The entry for this event will also be cheaper only $20 to play in this months event! We wanted to give players a chance to play for a good prize and still offer the same amount of NELC points to those who show up!

Format
-Legacy
-$20
-Swiss, Cut To Top 8
1st - $350 Cash or $400 Credit + Top 8 Pin + 1st Place Trophy + 12 Jupiter Points!

clavio
11-17-2011, 03:32 PM
If I wanted to trade some cards with you on Friday which location would I go to?

SavageNern
11-17-2011, 04:46 PM
The vestal location

The Pharmacist
11-18-2011, 10:08 AM

Format
-Legacy
-$20
-Swiss, Cut To Top 8

This is a terrible idea. No one from Syracuse is going to this.

Michael Keller
11-18-2011, 12:42 PM
This is a terrible idea. No one from Syracuse is going to this.

You guys have gotten spoiled - big time. Hell, if I lived closer, I'd be at every one of these.

The Pharmacist
11-18-2011, 02:14 PM
You guys have gotten spoiled - big time. Hell, if I lived closer, I'd be at every one of these.

You have to come in 1st or 2nd to make money on the day and it's not even that good of money. It's not that were spoiled. We just don't want to waste a day to win a $100-$150

Michael Keller
11-18-2011, 06:22 PM
You have to come in 1st or 2nd to make money on the day and it's not even that good of money. It's not that were spoiled. We just don't want to waste a day to win a $100-$150

What's wrong with playing cards all day, getting some serious tournament action with a good test project, and maybe winning some money in the process - even if it's not as much as it normally is?

Think of it this way: if more people thought like you, that would be relatively good in trying to earn points to qualify for the Invitational, which is all the more reason to go.

coraz86
11-18-2011, 08:41 PM

QFMFT. Jupiter has the best crowd of any store I've ever been at--and I don't even know any of you outside the store. I keep getting my ass kicked there and I still come back because atmosphere means something. I could play in sanctioned tournaments four times a week here and reliably prize twice (more if I'm on a roll), but I'd rather play once every other month at Jupiter and prize once a year; between 200+ local tournaments and six to eight Jupiter events, I'm likely to have more fun going to just those couple Jupiter events.

Granted, that could be because Erie is a generally miserable place to live (I mean, they filmed The Road about ten miles from my house because this place already looks dystopian and awful), but that's not really the point.

The Pharmacist
11-18-2011, 09:12 PM
What's wrong with playing cards all day, getting some serious tournament action with a good test project, and maybe winning some money in the process - even if it's not as much as it normally is?

Think of it this way: if more people thought like you, that would be relatively good in trying to earn points to qualify for the Invitational, which is all the more reason to go.

Hollywood, I'm just saying that there's not going to be many people from Syracuse going to this.

SavageNern
11-19-2011, 07:11 PM
That's fine we understand you might not want to come because the prizes are simply mediocre this time. The only Syracuse people who have been coming on a consistent month to month basis are the ones who enjoy the format anyway. Not to mention its more testing for those of us heading to Charlotte the following weekend for the invitational.

The Pharmacist
11-20-2011, 05:34 PM
That's fine we understand you might not want to come because the prizes are simply mediocre this time. The only Syracuse people who have been coming on a consistent month to month basis are the ones who enjoy the format anyway. Not to mention its more testing for those of us heading to Charlotte the following weekend for the invitational.

That's what I'm trying to tell you tho. The normal group of us are not coming because of the prize support. Out of the 20-25 of us that are there every month. Your going to be lucky if 5 show up.

SavageNern
11-20-2011, 09:04 PM
It's ok I'll stay strong no tears shed here =)

Bryant Cook
11-21-2011, 03:21 PM
NELC 2012 Series (http://jupitergamesonline.com/2012-nelc-series)

The only problem I have with all of the changes are they go against the $3K gaurantee on the website. Instead of being a nerd that Saturday, I'll just go see Four Year Strong as they will be in Syracuse.

The Pharmacist
11-21-2011, 04:03 PM
NELC 2012 Series (http://jupitergamesonline.com/2012-nelc-series)

The only problem I have with all of the changes are they go against the $3K gaurantee on the website. Instead of being a nerd that Saturday, I'll just go see Four Year Strong as they will be in Syracuse.

Yup. I was just about to share this link.

SavageNern
11-21-2011, 08:07 PM
you guys can take up your complaints with Green if you have that big a problem with it since it was his call as owner. It's only for the month of December and the rest of the NELC tournaments are 3ks

Nightmare
11-21-2011, 08:09 PM
I'll probably still be there. There are some bunched up panties in this joint. Besides, me and a bunch of old homeless guys got a date at that bar.

Tammit67
11-21-2011, 08:11 PM
You guys are pretty spoiled.

Trying to get a car going from Philadelphia, around 4-5 people.

The Pharmacist
11-21-2011, 08:23 PM
You guys are pretty spoiled.

Trying to get a car going from Philadelphia, around 4-5 people.

Were spoiled because there website says 3K every month and now there not doing it? That's not being "spoiled" my friend. Thats bad business.

Tammit67
11-21-2011, 10:45 PM
Were spoiled because there website says 3K every month and now there not doing it? That's not being "spoiled" my friend. Thats bad business.

True, true. The way it seems to me though is that this wasn't an originally scheduled event, so its more like an extra. Am I wrong on that account?

The Pharmacist
11-22-2011, 08:05 AM
True, true. The way it seems to me though is that this wasn't an originally scheduled event, so its more like an extra. Am I wrong on that account?

I'm not sure if it was originally scheduled or not. If they didn't want to do a Dec. tournament. Then on there website they should have put Dec is not included and not put "every month".

I don't want it to seam like I don't enjoy going to Jupiter, because I do. I'm just saying as a magic player this kinda make me upset.

Sims
11-22-2011, 11:04 AM
Make sure it's around for when I put you in it.

I guess you just can't make a point.....

To be fair to Jupiter, they have traditionally not run large scale legacy events during the month of December due to cluttered weekends with other large events, Christmas, and New Years.

Even at the beginning of the thread it says that they normally don't run an event but, still wanted to, and they reduced the prize and entry (though I do concede the point about 2/3 entry for 1/2 the prizes) knowing that they might not get typical attendance. Heck, I'd wager the extra entry is to cover the potential that they might take a bath in this event with smaller attendance.

Perhaps the site is worded poorly, but I don't really see an issue with this knowing Jupiters history of running excellent events and typically giving us a break during what is typically a very busy month for everyone.

Really it seems more like people should be glad that they're going out of their way to still provide an event that even gives NELC points (i'm assuming it does) even though they don't have to and traditionally have not.

The Pharmacist
11-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Even at the beginning of the thread it says that they normally don't run an event but, still wanted to, and they reduced the prize and entry (though I do concede the point about 2/3 entry for 1/2 the prizes) knowing that they might not get typical attendance. Heck, I'd wager the extra entry is to cover the potential that they might take a bath in this event with smaller attendance.

It says that now, but originally it didn't say that. It was edited by SavageNern.

SpeakingofJager
11-22-2011, 12:06 PM
Pharmacist, I just don't understand what you're trying to accomplish. You're angsty, we get it. Jupiter doesn't normally decide to hold events in the month of December. Bitching because can't offer what they normally do in prize support is absurd. I for one am just happy to have a chance to play the game I love, and get some more NELC points. And nit picking over not having correct information on their site is kind of silly as well. Are you saying, if the Jupiter crew had updated their site before this post, you wouldn't have a problem with it a reduced prize pool for an event they hadn't scheduled?

The Pharmacist
11-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Pharmacist, I just don't understand what you're trying to accomplish. You're angsty, we get it. Jupiter doesn't normally decide to hold events in the month of December. Bitching because can't offer what they normally do in prize support is absurd. I for one am just happy to have a chance to play the game I love, and get some more NELC points. And nit picking over not having correct information on their site is kind of silly as well. Are you saying, if the Jupiter crew had updated their site before this post, you wouldn't have a problem with it a reduced prize pool for an event they hadn't scheduled?

So if they don't normally hold events in Dec then why put every month? Then you change the prize support less then a month away for the tournament date.

I was just trying to say that a lot of Syracuse will not show because of the prize support. On a good tournament at Jupiter Syracuse has about 20-30 people show for these. There's less and less people showing to Jupiter Games these days. You would think the last thing they would want to do is change the prize support less then a month before the tournament.

I'm just trying to make the point by them changing The prize support it's going to hurt them. I'll stop bitching about this now.

SavageNern
11-23-2011, 01:18 PM
We will stream feature matches for this event but there will not be commentary.

RogueMTG
11-23-2011, 01:39 PM
We will stream feature matches for this event but there will not be commentary.

Yay! Feature Matches!

clavio
11-27-2011, 09:59 PM
If no one else is showing up for this I think I'll just go ahead and win it.

Eldar
11-27-2011, 10:06 PM
I am going to try and use my paid day off at work for Sunday so that I can drive down for this and not have to drive back for work on Sunday if anyone from Erie is looking to potentially go to this give me a ring you all have my # I will have 3-4 seats available in my car. Also if anyone has a credit card to reserve a hotel assuming of course I get the Sunday off that would also be appreciated.

Alright I did get the Sunday off so I will be going to this. Not sure if I am going to Ohio for FNM or if I am stopping at Millenium in Rochester for it instead and grabbing a hotel before the tournament. Currently have 1-2 seats filled in my car still have room if anyone in the area needs a ride hit me up (814-464-3955).

Nightmare
11-30-2011, 06:56 AM
Go if you want.

Don't go if you don't want to.

This is not the place to call out the store on their prize support. Go there and tell them in person, if it's that big a deal to you.

The Pharmacist
11-30-2011, 08:36 AM
Go if you want.

Don't go if you don't want to.

This is not the place to call out the store on their prize support. Go there and tell them in person, if it's that big a deal to you.

Barnello your no fun!

Big Sexy
11-30-2011, 12:20 PM
At least I didn't get banned lmao! I'm going.

SavageNern
12-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Hope to see a bunch of people tomorrow for the event and we will have streaming feature matches. No commentary but there may be written coverage of certain matches. To check out how to watch the ustream go to our website www.jupitergamesonline.com and click on the coverage link.

Michael Keller
12-02-2011, 06:37 PM
If anyone is going there tomorrow and wants to give me a ride here at the last minute, I'll go.

Dyvith
12-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Top 8 had four or five blue based Delver Decks.

I know that the finals were between Bryant Cook, piloting TES, and Adam Najman, piloting RUG Delver. I think Adam won. Goblins and UR Delver were in the top four, Adam beating the UR Delver deck and Bryant beating Goblins. Bryant also beat RUG Delver in the quarters of Top 8 and Doug McKay lost in the first round of Top 8 against the Psuedo Mirror.

Jon Barber Top 8ed, I believe, but lost in the first round.

SavageNern
12-04-2011, 05:25 PM
Top 8 lists are now up on our site! www.jupitergamesonline.com

Big Sexy
12-05-2011, 03:36 AM
I like Bryant but if he doesn't stop beating me whenever I play Goblins I may have to end his life... After all the complaining about prize support, I had fun. Drank a little, played cards and walked away with 3rd & 100$. I also traded/bought some hot Japanese shit. I can't complain. I'm a big fan of the new spot. It was nice to be able to take a jersey off and not elbow the guy next to me in the face...

The Pharmacist
12-05-2011, 06:08 AM
I like Bryant but if he doesn't stop beating me whenever I play Goblins I may have to end his life... After all the complaining about prize support, I had fun. Drank a little, played cards and walked away with 3rd & 100$. I also traded/bought some hot Japanese shit. I can't complain. I'm a big fan of the new spot. It was nice to be able to take a jersey off and not elbow the guy next to me in the face...

Just think if he prizes were what they should have been. You would have won a lot more cash.

Michael Keller
12-05-2011, 09:03 AM
But after all the talk made in here about not going, you guys went anyway. Christ.

RogueMTG
12-05-2011, 10:42 AM
But after all the talk made in here about not going, you guys went anyway. Christ.

This. Haha. There were more people than last month. :cool:

Event was sweet despite running afoul of some tough competition early on. Met some cool new people for once.

The Pharmacist
12-05-2011, 12:50 PM

I went to show off my pimp ass deck.

SavageNern
12-05-2011, 02:00 PM
I was gonna say no complaining Brian since I always got the jap card hook ups for ya

Big Sexy
12-05-2011, 11:05 PM
I never once said I wasn't going Hollywood. Read my post. Oh wait you can't they're gone. I admitted to bitching just to bitch but never said I wasn't going.

Dyvith
12-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Hi all, I just wanted to post a link to my tournament report. My name is Greg Komar and I top 4ed. Hope you enjoy - http://jupitergamesonline.com/2011/883/greg-komars-tournament-report. Thanks

dsck
12-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Hi all, I just wanted to post a link to my tournament report. My name is Greg Komar and I top 4ed. Hope you enjoy - http://jupitergamesonline.com/2011/883/greg-komars-tournament-report. Thanks

I think you have posted this on every thread now.

Dyvith
12-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Yeah, it occurred to me that I probably posted it in too many places. I wasn't really sure how many people check which forums and what not. Sorry about that.

dsck
12-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Yeah, it occurred to me that I probably posted it in too many places. I wasn't really sure how many people check which forums and what not. Sorry about that.

People here know how to navigate and check tournament reports (or maybe im just naive).

Dyvith
12-06-2011, 12:06 PM
No, you're probably right. My bad.

Michael Keller
12-06-2011, 12:18 PM
People here know how to navigate and check tournament reports (or maybe im just naive).

Maybe he's just proud of how he did - no harm in that.