PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] DramaProg RUG (Aggro/Combo RUG)

Dsch
11-09-2011, 10:36 PM
// Lands
4 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn
4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
3 [DIS] Breeding Pool
2 [GP] Steam Vents
2 [M12] Rootbound Crag
2 [EVE] Flooded Grove
1 [GP] Stomping Ground
3 [10E] Island (1)
2 [10E] Forest (2)
1 [10E] Mountain (2)

// Creatures
4 [FUT] Tarmogoyf
4 [ISD] Delver of Secrets/Insectile Aberration
3 [ISD] Snapcaster Mage
1 [CFX] Progenitus

// Spells
4 [SHM] Dramatic Entrance
4 [9E] Sleight of Hand
4 [CHK] Peer Through Depths
4 [M11] Lightning Bolt
4 [FUT] Summoner's Pact
3 [ZEN] Spell Pierce
1 [ROE] Flame Slash

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [ZEN] Spell Pierce
SB: 2 [ROE] Flame Slash
SB: 3 [TSP] Ancient Grudge
SB: 1 [MOR] Vendilion Clique
SB: 2 [GP] Repeal
SB: 3 [TSP] Krosan Grip
SB: 1 [ALA] Empyrial Archangel
SB: 1 [NPH] Surgical Extraction
SB: 1 [TSB] Tormod's Crypt

Hey mates, thats my new creation I have been toying with. It is an aggro deck w/ the Dramatic Entrance + Summoners Pact/Progenitus combo.
Some explanation about the card choices:
Tarmogoyf: Because aggro w/o Goyf is no aggro hahaha (just kiddin, but I do not think I need to explain this one).
Delver of Secrets/Insectile Aberration: Can be pretty awesome, as it can be slow sometimes. But the first happens most of the time, and I do not see a better option (maybe Noble Hierarch to a more combo based build, but it would make the Aggro plan weaker).
Snapcaster Mage: Can steal games in the Aggro route, as beeing Bolts 5-8 and also having a body AND is pretty decent late game vs. control recurring Dramatic Entrances.
Sleight of Hand: Goyf food and one of the few cantrips left on the format.
Peer Through Depths: Praticaly a tutor, as it sees FIVE cards. Fetches both combo pieces or Bolts.
Summoner's Pact: It is a combo piece, however, it serves sometimes to fetch Tarmogoyfs when you are racing your oponent (wich is an awesome thing to do haha).
Lightning Bolt: Slow down aggro, as it eats oponents life totals if thats what you need.
Spell Pierce and Flame Slash: Protection against disruption and agressive aggro starts, respectively. Also, they are good as Snapcaster Mages targets.

Thats it, tell me what you guys think of it, if it could improve and stuff...
Thanks!

SpikeyMikey
11-10-2011, 10:31 PM
Seems like you've got a lot invested in the Progenitus route. Multiple Dramatic Entrances are dead and multiple Summoning Pacts are close to dead; paying 6 for a Tarmogoyf seems a bit much, even as a tutor. I also think I'd be playing 4 Spell Pierce. It's the best card in the format.

Great concept though, I really like the idea.