PDA

View Full Version : [Denver/Boulder Area, CO] Regular Legacy Events

Richard Cheese
11-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Instead of posting another thread for every event, I'll just bump this one as we schedule them.

For all events at Total Escape Games (TEG) in Broomfield, the structure is as follows unless otherwise noted:

Start time: Noon
Entry fee: $5 OR 2 unopened, standard-legal packs
Prize support: Packs based on number of entrants

For more information, questions, trade/borrow requests, ride sharing, etc., check out http://facebook.com/frontrangelegacy

Richard Cheese
11-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Here are the events sanctioned at TEG through December:

Nov. 19th
Nov. 27th
Dec. 10th
Dec. 18th

danpo
11-15-2011, 11:24 PM
Contemplating a move to Denver. This is encouraging!

Richard Cheese
12-19-2011, 07:06 PM
Forgot to post for last month, but here's the schedule of events for January:

7th - Total Escape Games
15th - Total Escape Games
21st - I Want More Comics

All $5, all start at Noon.

Richard Cheese
01-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Just got confirmation that we will be having a GPT for Indy!

Date: February 11th.
Format: Legacy
Cost: $20
Time: High Noon
Prizes: 1st gets a 3-round bye at GP Indy, prize pool will be 2 packs per participant.

Richard Cheese
01-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Upcoming events:
02.11 - GPT Indy @ TEG (Noon, $20)
02.18 - Legacy @ IWMC (Noon, $5)
03.03 - Legacy @ IWMC (Noon, $5)
03.10 - Legacy @ TEG (Noon, $5)
03.17 - Legacy @ IWMC (Noon, $5)
03.25 - Legacy @ TEG (Noon, $5)

That's right people, a tournament every weekend in March. Livin' the dream!

In other news, Keith of IWMC has informed me that he will give you $3 in store credit for unopened packs! If you haven't been by the store yet, they have a nice collection of singles, lots of Legacy staples.

Also please keep in mind that the GPT will be limited to 32 players, and they are already taking signups by phone and email. If you intend to play, be sure to sign up soon.

TEG = Total Escape Games
IWMC = I Want More Comics

Richard Cheese
03-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Next round of events is scheduled. I'll try to do a better job bumping this thread about once/week (help me out Front Range people!)

03.10 - TEG
03.17 - IWMC
03.25 - TEG
03.31 - IWMC
04.07 - IWMC
04.14 - TEG
04.22 - TEG
05.12 - IWMC
05.26 - IWMC

There's apparently also going to be an event sponsored by Troll Country on April 21st, if they can ever get me the details.

MaximumC
03-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Next round of events is scheduled. I'll try to do a better job bumping this thread about once/week (help me out Front Range people!)

Thanks for the heads up on this tournament schedule. I'm probably going to make it up there for this Saturday's tourney. I had a few questions, though, that'll help inform what deck I gear up with:

(1) Are these events sanctioned? If not, any proxy rules?
(2) On a related note, what's your metagame like? Are the majority of people running proper tier 1 and 2 Legacy decks (proxied or not) or are they using rogue homebrews / casual decks?
(3) Is there any prize structure or are we playin' for the bragging rights?

Richard Cheese
03-09-2012, 12:38 AM
Thanks for the heads up on this tournament schedule. I'm probably going to make it up there for this Saturday's tourney. I had a few questions, though, that'll help inform what deck I gear up with:

(1) Are these events sanctioned? If not, any proxy rules?
(2) On a related note, what's your metagame like? Are the majority of people running proper tier 1 and 2 Legacy decks (proxied or not) or are they using rogue homebrews / casual decks?
(3) Is there any prize structure or are we playin' for the bragging rights?

Everything is sanctioned as long as we have at least 8 people. No proxies, if you need to borrow cards or a deck, just ask here or on the Facebook page (facebook.com/frontrangelegacy).

Meta generally depends on the store, it's mostly tier 1-2 stuff, sometimes younger kids show up at TEG with random nonsense. IWMC tends to be combo vs. combo.

Prizes also vary by store. Entry fee is always $5 unless otherwise noted. Because they don't have singles, TEG gives out packs based on the number of entrants, IWMC splits store credit between the top4. You can also trade 2 standard-legal packs for your entry fee at TEG, or as many as you want at IWMC for $3 in store credit. You can also swap the packs you win at TEG for any other set they have in stock.

MaximumC
03-09-2012, 11:34 AM
Everything is sanctioned as long as we have at least 8 people. No proxies, if you need to borrow cards or a deck, just ask here or on the Facebook page (facebook.com/frontrangelegacy).

Meta generally depends on the store, it's mostly tier 1-2 stuff, sometimes younger kids show up at TEG with random nonsense. IWMC tends to be combo vs. combo.

Prizes also vary by store. Entry fee is always $5 unless otherwise noted. Because they don't have singles, TEG gives out packs based on the number of entrants, IWMC splits store credit between the top4. You can also trade 2 standard-legal packs for your entry fee at TEG, or as many as you want at IWMC for $3 in store credit. You can also swap the packs you win at TEG for any other set they have in stock.

Hm, good to know. I don't use proxies myself unless I'm playing Vintage unsanctioned (Black Gold used to do these every few months for cash prizes), but I actually prefer going to proxy events because the quality of deck can be much higher.

I'm sad to hear it's combo-on-combo action, though. Looks like I gotta pack in the ol' standby aggro deck and put together Stoneblade or Merfolk or something if I don't wanna get tossed overboard.

Richard Cheese
03-14-2012, 05:43 PM
Reminder: the next event is this Saturday at IWMC.

Richard Cheese
03-20-2012, 12:18 PM
Bump: This week we're at Total Escape Games on Sunday (25th).

On a semi-related note, according to Bob, IWMC does $9 drafts every Friday, in case anyone is into drafting.

MaximumC
04-04-2012, 09:35 PM
What's the schedule for April? I stopped by Troll Country on the 1st, heard about ongoing negotiations between the stores, but heard nothing for sure. Also: I was the only person who showed up on that day, so I guess I came in both first place and last place. Awesome.

I saw that you are discussing this stuff on the facebook page, but I'm not on facebook. It's a bad call in my profession. So, I thought I'd ask here.

Anything happening this weekend? It's Easter, so I'm not holding my breath, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Clown of Tresserhorn
04-04-2012, 11:39 PM
What's the schedule for April? I stopped by Troll Country on the 1st, heard about ongoing negotiations between the stores, but heard nothing for sure. Also: I was the only person who showed up on that day, so I guess I came in both first place and last place. Awesome.

I saw that you are discussing this stuff on the facebook page, but I'm not on facebook. It's a bad call in my profession. So, I thought I'd ask here.

Anything happening this weekend? It's Easter, so I'm not holding my breath, but thought I'd ask anyway.

It bounces from store to store. Last weekend was IWMC, this week is probably TEG.

Keith (IWMC) has awesome events and prize support. Friday and Sunday $9 drafts, with winner getting a draft set.

MaximumC
04-06-2012, 02:40 PM
It bounces from store to store. Last weekend was IWMC, this week is probably TEG.

Keith (IWMC) has awesome events and prize support. Friday and Sunday $9 drafts, with winner getting a draft set.

I went to TEG a few weeks back, and there were only like five people, three of which were running actual Legacy decks. People said everyone was at the GP qualifier or something, but it was a pretty sad showing regardless.

Richard Cheese
04-06-2012, 04:13 PM

Don't use your real name/info? When I have time to manage all this crap again I will.

.dk
04-09-2012, 05:42 PM
MaximumC - if I'm getting the weekend right, a lot of us were in Indy at the Grand Prix. This last weekend we were at I Want More Comics with 10 people, all of which had "real" legacy decks. I do grant you that there are some folks who show up at TEG with noncompetitive decks... but we haven't gotten some pretty big turnouts there sometimes. We've had at least a few that we were around 20 or so.

We're at Total Escape again this weekend - 4/14 at noon. Hopefully we'll have a decent turnout. I should be there at least... :)

JBlaze
04-09-2012, 07:29 PM
@MaximumC
we got 9 the weekend of the GP
from what I recall it was
Maverick
rug
hive mind
Zoo
pox(guessing that was )
zero(that was me)

and yes there were three kids with decks that were total jank the other six were all competent players with real decks though. I am decent Erik and Hans are both very good Alex Has been on the tour and is a state champ. Just saying even if the turnout was low it was still very competitive.

Richard Cheese
04-13-2012, 10:50 AM
I'll be there this weekend as well. Probably making hell of play mistakes the whole time since I haven't touched a card except to stuff it in an envelope in 3 weeks.

MaximumC
04-13-2012, 05:17 PM
@MaximumC
we got 9 the weekend of the GP
from what I recall it was
Maverick
rug
hive mind
Zoo
pox(guessing that was )
zero(that was me)

and yes there were three kids with decks that were total jank the other six were all competent players with real decks though. I am decent Erik and Hans are both very good Alex Has been on the tour and is a state champ. Just saying even if the turnout was low it was still very competitive.

I was running The Gate, not Pox, but yeah, that seems about right. And I had three really enjoyable games against very good opponents. I'm not knocking that. What I meant in my last post was that I played against three real decks - my last match (after I was curbstomped by Maverick and RUG) was against one of the jank decks.

I'll come back around again. I just need to choose a weekend when there is a bigger turnout.

I also have to figure out how you lose so bad to Maverick despite having 8x edict effects, 3x dystopia, and 3x engineered plague in the deck. Bah.

Richard Cheese
05-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Updated schedule for May (note the change from the 26th to 27th):
05.12 - IWMC
05.20 - TCG @ The Timbers (part of Mile High Melee)
05.27 - TEG

Starting in June, we will move to a more regular schedule that will look like this every month:
1st Saturday - I Want More Comics
2nd Sunday - Troll Country Games
3rd Sunday - Total Escape Games

Always at Noon, always $5. Special events will be posted as they come up.

RKPW
05-06-2012, 03:35 AM
05.12 - IWMC
05.27 - TEG

Starting in June, we will move to a more regular schedule that will look like this every month:

This is so awesome. I'm glad, I'm moving to that area pretty soon, and was trying to find a legacy scene!

Richard Cheese
05-14-2012, 11:51 AM
05.12 - IWMC
05.27 - TEG

Note that this Sunday's tournament at Troll Country has a $10 entry fee. This was originally for an Underground Sea, but since they changed the location, they've posted on Facebook that prize support will depend on the number of entrants. I'm still waiting to hear from them whether or not the Sea is up for grabs.

Richard Cheese
06-08-2012, 07:22 PM
This weekend's tournament (according to the new and improved? schedule) will be Sunday at Troll Country Games. Troll Country is also apparently hosting Wednesday Night Legacy now.

Richard Cheese
06-15-2012, 02:13 PM
Reminder, this weekend we're at Total Escape Games on Sunday. 12pm/$5 as usual, prizes are packs.

.dk
06-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Had some new faces this weekend, which was awesome. Seems like if everyone all showed up on the same weekend, we might actually be able to push 25-30 people or so!

Richard Cheese
06-18-2012, 12:23 PM
The Front Range Legacy Facebook page is up to 60 likes, which makes it more popular than me, which is basically insane.

Richard Cheese
07-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Since many of you have expressed dissatisfaction with Troll Country events, we are going back to a weekly event, splitting the month between I Want More Comics and Total Escape games. The schedule will be as follows, starting in August:

1st/3rd Saturday - IWMC
2nd/4th Sunday - TEG

Richard Cheese
12-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Here's our schedule up through the GP:

12.8 - GPT, TEG (reg: 11:30, play:Noon, $20)
12.9 - League, TEG
12.15 - GPT, IWMC (reg: 11:30, play:Noon, $20)
12.16 - GPT, Troll Country (reg: 11:00, play:Noon?, $10)
12.22 - GPT, Dark Matter (reg: 10:30, play:Noon, $20)
12.23 - League, TEG
12.29 - League, IWMC
1.5 - GP Denver
1.12 - Resume League play with TEG

(For those that are new, TEG = Total Escape Games, IWMC = I Want More Comics. League play always starts at noon, and is always $5. League tournaments award 1 point for participation, 1 point for top 4, 1 point for first place. The player with the most League points after the 29th will have their GP Denver entry fee paid.)

Richard Cheese
12-04-2012, 11:09 AM
If someone wants to make separate posts for all those GPTs, be my guest, I'm just too lazy.

Richard Cheese
10-26-2013, 02:25 PM
We are moving the weekend events to every Sunday at I Want More Comics in Broomfield. Everything else is the same, Noon start, $5, 125% of pool in store credit to top 4. I'll try to be better about posting reminders here and on MTGS, and there's always the page at facebook.com/frontrangelegacy

Richard Cheese
11-02-2013, 04:03 PM
Legacy tomorrow at I Want More Comics, Noon, $5.

Richard Cheese
11-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Legacy this Sunday at I Want More Comics, Noon, $5. Facebook.com/frontrangelegacy if you need to borrow some cards or need more info.

Richard Cheese
11-15-2013, 08:56 PM
It's that time of the week again! Sunday at I Want More Comics, as always.

Richard Cheese
11-22-2013, 11:22 AM
Weekly bump, come to I Want More Comics on Sunday at Noon and get your nerd on!

Wanderlust
11-22-2013, 01:30 PM
I'll be there! Thanks for posting here, Richard Cheese.

Richard Cheese
12-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Bumpity bump. Come on up to I Want More Comics at Noon on Sunday to get your Legacy on. It's gonna be fun on a bun.

Richard Cheese
12-20-2013, 04:37 PM
Legacy this Sunday at I Want More, starting at Noon, as always. Drag your ass out in the cold and get some practice in for the upcoming TCGPlayer Bronze Event (http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?27188-Denver-Boulder-1-26-14-TCGPlayer-Bronze-Event-I-Want-More-Comics).

Ellomdian
12-21-2013, 03:17 AM
Looks like Black Gold is now doing Legacy Weds nights (starting in January.)

Woo Hoo!

.dk
12-22-2013, 12:40 PM
Except the last wednesday I think is going back to Vintage. I like the split. :)

Richard Cheese
05-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Bumping this to remind everyone of our regular events at I Want More Comics every Sunday at Noon. Entry fee is $5, 125% of the pool in store credit split between top 4.