PDA

View Full Version : New York Eternal Series

Prospero
12-07-2011, 04:29 PM
I reached out to the Legacy community on this site about a month ago asking for details regarding what they preferred to play for when they chose to attend an event. The overwhelming response was format staples.

The basic details have been set for my first foray into Legacy events.

When:

Sunday, January 15th, 2012
Registration begins at 10am
Round one begins promptly at 11am

What:

$25 sanctioned Legacy tournament. Deck registration sheets will be in use. First place prize of four Tropical Islands and second place prize of two Volcanic Islands are guaranteed.

The prize structure will be as follows:

1st: 4x Tropical Island (guaranteed)
2nd: 2x Volcanic Island (guaranteed)
3rd/4th: 1x Volcanic Island (guaranteed at 40 players)
5th-8th: 1x Wasteland (guaranteed at 40 players)

Prize structure will be scaled up with attendance. I have a bunch of other sweet cards that could easily be included in the prize pool should attendance exceed expectations.

Where:

Brothers Grim Games & Collectibles
1244 Middle Country Road
Selden, N.Y.
(631) 698-2805
brothersgrimgames@gmail.com

Store website:

http://brgrim.com/index.htm

Artist Appearance:

While this is all really cool, it may not be enough to justify making a trip out to Long Island for a bunch of guys. Which is why this isn’t just it.

This is part of a weekend's worth of events. Vintage and Standard will be on Saturday (day 1), with Legacy and Commaner on Sunday (day 2.) Magic artist Jeff Menges will be at the event on Saturday. Jeff has done some awesome pieces:

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?page=1&action=advanced&artist=%5B%22Jeff%20A.%20Menges%22%5D

Jeff’s standouts include Swords to Plowshares, Bazaar of Baghdad, Moat, Kjeldoran Outpost, Black Knight and more.

Side Events:

Not everybody makes top eight, and that leaves people looking for something to do while your friends finish up. I’m going to start taking sign-ups as of 12 noon for a $12, single elimination, non-sanctioned side event for at least a blue dual land. These will run throughout the day.

Vintage:

While most Legacy players don’t seem to have ventured into the other Eternal format, a 15 proxy, non-sanctioned Vintage tournament for an Unlimited Mox Sapphire will begin at 1pm on Saturday. Full details about that event can be found here:

http://www.themanadrain.com/index.php?topic=43540.msg597316#msg597316

Additional Info:

Throughout the weekend there will be side events in Standard (for a box of Innistrad, at $12 entry), Legacy, Vintage and Commander (all three will be for blue duals.)

So here’s hoping that you come up to Long Island, play some Legacy, and have a good time…

Scordata
12-07-2011, 09:06 PM
I'll try to come, and bring a car full of people.

Prospero
12-16-2011, 09:06 AM
There has been a date change (from Saturday to Sunday) and Jeff Menges's artist appearance has been confirmed. Jeff will be at the store on Saturday, during the Standard/Vintage portion of the weekend. He'll be signing cards, doing alters, playmats and trading stories from the early days at 11am till sometime in the early afternoon.

Prospero
12-30-2011, 08:40 PM
About two weeks out - if anybody (on Long Island/in NYC) needs help getting to the event, please let me know and I'll see what I can do to help you make it out (and back.)

Prospero
01-13-2012, 01:30 PM
We're just a couple of days away from the event! I hope to see you there!