Jupiter Games Tournament Center
240 MAIN ST.
JOHNSON CITY, NEW YORK

Jupiter Games
JupiterGamesOnline.com
3701 Vestal Parkway East Suite 7
Vestal, New York 13850
(607)729-5910

This is the Seventh North East Legacy Championship Qualifier of the 2012 Series.

Our 2012 Series features some awesome new improvements we hope you all like;
- Jupiter Games Running Player Rewards! (Check Our Website For Details)
-That's right, earn free incentives at every Qualifier you show up to based on your point totals!
- Jupiter Games Top 8 Pins for all Top 8 Finishers! (In Addition to the 1st Place Trophy!)
- Jupiter Games Live Streaming Feature Matches
- Jupiter Games Is featuring our new projector system!
-No more waiting in crowded lines to look at your pairings! Just look up!
-Including our free Championship at the end of the year
-Our point leader of the 2012 year will receive a FREE BLACK LOTUS!

Format
-Legacy
-$30
-Swiss, Cut To Top 8
1st - $650 Cash or $800 Credit + Top 8 Pin + 1st Place Trophy + 12 Jupiter Points!
2nd - $400 Cash or $550 Credit + Top 8 Pin + 6 Jupiter Points!
3rd/4th - $200 Cash or $275 Credit + Top 8 Pin + 4 Jupiter Points!
5th-8th - $100 Cash or $125 Credit + Top 8 Pin + 3 Jupiter Points!
9th-16th - $50 Cash or $75 Credit + 2 Jupiter Points!
17th and Below – 1 Jupiter Point!
Total Cash = $2,250
Total Credit = $3,000

Side Events
$15 - Standard Single Elimination 8-Man's For A Booster Box (1st Place 2/3rds, 2nd Place 1/3rd)
$15 - Legacy Single Elimination 8-Man's For A Booster Box (1st Place 2/3rds, 2nd Place 1/3rd)
$15 - Vintage Single Elimination 8-Man's For A Booster Box (1st Place 2/3rds, 2nd Place 1/3rd)

$15 - Innistrad Booster Drafts (Innistrad Packs For Prizes!)
$7 - EDH 4-Man Pod Tourney's (Receive 2 packs per player you eliminate! Winner receives an additional 2 packs)

Additional Incentives
- Fully Stocked with practically every card!
- We buy and sell everything at reasonable prices
- Easily accessible food at reasonable prices within walking distance
- Ask anyone, these tournaments are the most fun you can have!

Brushwagg
12-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Going to try to make it to this one. You might want to fix the thread title though.

coraz86
12-12-2011, 07:42 PM
Should be an Erie car to this, barring our surroundings being vagnificent as they've been known to be.

We will, in any case, be underprepared as usual.

Michael Keller
12-12-2011, 10:58 PM
I will be there.

SpeakingofJager
12-13-2011, 12:38 AM
I'll be there.

PS: The title of the thread is December.

Zirath
12-13-2011, 02:31 AM
I'll be there if it's in January and bringing our Cornell/Ithaca group with me. I think I might have missed this one already otherwise.

SavageNern
12-14-2011, 11:55 AM
It's in January just like the post says. I typed the thread name wrong and put December instead of January

SavageNern
12-14-2011, 04:44 PM
Also how do people feel about running a tournament on the Sunday after our event in February as a GP trial for Indy, format is Legacy (Sunday Feb. 12th). The event could be made to have a top heavy prize support if people would like, for example winner receives a mox or something like that.

DampingEngine
12-14-2011, 04:59 PM
I will attend any big legacy tournaments you have that don't conflict with something, including a GPT on that date. Prize structure isn't a huge concern to me, but it's kind of lame when prizes are top-heavy and it just makes people want to split top 4/8. I kind of miss dual land drafts where it got played out at least to the finals, though I understand that an actual dual land draft would be a lot more expensive than it was back then.

Also how do people feel about running a tournament on the Sunday after our event in February as a GP trial for Indy, format is Legacy (Sunday Feb. 12th). The event could be made to have a top heavy prize support if people would like, for example winner receives a mox or something like that.

Zirath
12-14-2011, 08:47 PM
I will attend any big legacy tournaments you have that don't conflict with something, including a GPT on that date. Prize structure isn't a huge concern to me, but it's kind of lame when prizes are top-heavy and it just makes people want to split top 4/8. I kind of miss dual land drafts where it got played out at least to the finals, though I understand that an actual dual land draft would be a lot more expensive than it was back then.

I think our group would be excited to attend. Which day would it be on? The 12th of February?

T-ORGANIZER
12-15-2011, 02:50 PM
I would obviously love a top heavy Legacy GPT.

The Pharmacist
12-15-2011, 04:25 PM
I would obviously love a top heavy Legacy GPT.

Let's be real men and do a winner take all!!

Bryant Cook
12-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Let's be real men and do a winner take all!!

If this is the case you're a little girl.

Michael Keller
12-15-2011, 09:50 PM
If this is the case you're a little girl.

And so it begins.

Can't wait for this one - it's been seven months.

The Pharmacist
12-16-2011, 05:52 AM
And so it begins.

Can't wait for this one - it's been seven months.

It's not like your really going to show up. Every month you say your going to be there and you never show. You just can't hang with the big boys anymore.

clavio
12-16-2011, 12:43 PM
Just wondering - is Jupiter ever planning on hosting a Vintage event??

Michael Keller
12-16-2011, 01:35 PM
It's not like your really going to show up. Every month you say your going to be there and you never show. You just can't hang with the big boys anymore.

For the record - I will be there. And it's not like it's my fault that the military's needs come before slinging cardboard; that's the price I have to pay in the interim. (I also think it's funny how you guys think I've completely stopped playing when I've been running with the Virginians down here the whole time.)

I'll make it worth my while, too. Just hope I don't get paired against you; you'll be able to see the look of disappointment in your own face staring right back at you in the reflection of your foil Enchantress deck.

RogueMTG
12-16-2011, 03:18 PM
Just wondering - is Jupiter ever planning on hosting a Vintage event??

They tried this once or twice a few years back and got screwed hard on attendance. So I expect they'd need some convincing that there's enough interest to give it another shot.

In other news, I think I'll be crushing some faces at this event. Jupiter meta can't handle Basic Forests.

SavageNern
12-16-2011, 04:21 PM
We will probably never run a big vintage event here, that department is handled very well by nick coss and nick detwiler on the east coast they run plenty of vintage tournaments. we here however play legacy thats why we post on the source and not the mana drain =) and besides legacy is way better.

SavageNern
12-16-2011, 04:34 PM
Right now the GPT payout might be something like a mox to first, library to 2nd, 3-4th $75 credit. 5-8th $40 credit and entrance will prolly be $25. If we hit higher than 45 people the prize would be increased.

clavio
12-16-2011, 05:30 PM
besides legacy is way better.

Not if you're poor :p

The Pharmacist
12-16-2011, 05:49 PM
I'll make it worth my while, too. Just hope I don't get paired against you; you'll be able to see the look of disappointment in your own face staring right back at you in the reflection of your foil Enchantress deck.

This is a joke right? You play Dredge. You're a bye to me.

Michael Keller
12-16-2011, 10:02 PM
This is a joke right? You play Dredge. You're a bye to me.

...I don't remember saying anything about Dredge anywhere...

The Pharmacist
12-17-2011, 06:33 AM
...I don't remember saying anything about Dredge anywhere...

You didn't say anything, but I know you have a pimped out dredge deck. I was just thinking that's what you were playing.

Anyways, It will be good to see you and talk some good old WWE with you.

SavageNern
12-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Just to give you guys a heads up so you don't have to wait for actual thread posts, our NELC events for February and March will be February 11th and March 3rd

DampingEngine
12-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Just to give you guys a heads up so you don't have to wait for actual thread posts, our NELC events for February and March will be February 11th and March 3rd

Thanks for letting us know early. Not sure if you know already/care, but both these dates are dates of power events in Syracuse.

The Pharmacist
12-19-2011, 04:51 PM
Thanks for letting us know early. Not sure if you know already/care, but both these dates are dates of power events in Syracuse.

I think they are Modern events tho

Michael Keller
12-19-2011, 05:15 PM

You'd best get First Place there, Doug. Otherwise, you're taking home a few packs.

Raider Bob
12-19-2011, 06:29 PM
Anyone coming from the Albany area, if I can get a ride I think I can swing the trip.

Big Sexy
12-20-2011, 11:39 AM
Me and my little green guys will be there. By green I mean red. By red I mean Goblins.

Bryant Cook
12-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Don't forget your rum! Also, thanks for the free wins!

The Pharmacist
12-20-2011, 12:37 PM
His rum is already in his bag packed and ready to go.

Big Sexy
12-20-2011, 03:14 PM
I'm gonna kill you cookie. Just kidding. Don't ban me. Seriously you got lucky the last time. It won't last forever. The rum isn't packed but I did already buy it. I play cards the way Scott Hall wrestled, drunk. lol.

SavageNern
12-20-2011, 04:11 PM
@doug, to be honest I never look to see if Syracuse has events because ours are usually better =). The real reason is there is only one free weekend per month on average that we can run these where there isn't a big Star City event or Grand Prix.

DampingEngine
12-22-2011, 04:35 AM
@doug, to be honest I never look to see if Syracuse has events because ours are usually better =). The real reason is there is only one free weekend per month on average that we can run these where there isn't a big Star City event or Grand Prix.

That's true for March, but in February you're going to lose attendance for no good reason.

SavageNern
12-23-2011, 01:21 PM
No again it's the only weekend we can run it because we are vendors for GP's that month. So if people are going to stay in Syracuse and play it def sucks, but it was the only available weekend we had. =/

SavageNern
01-02-2012, 02:53 AM
Hope to see all of you this weekend at the event. Just a reminder to those who can't make it we will have streaming video coverage throughout the day. Links will be found on our site on the day of the tournament.

SavageNern
01-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Here is the link for the live stream. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jupiter-games-legacy-series

Michael Keller
01-08-2012, 12:23 AM
Wound up going 5-2 after starting out 0-2. All in all a great time.

mchainmail
01-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Shawn King, message me if you get a chance. I think you have my Mox Opal and Steel Hellkite?

fishnabubu
01-09-2012, 01:37 AM
That was a very fun tournament. I am not sure if mud is good in the current metagame or not but that is my second top eight with it. (first at jupiter) I am not that good so the deck must be at least ok right now.