PDA

View Full Version : [SCD] Necroplasm

Litorers
12-21-2011, 09:57 PM
In light of the recent 1.4 rules-changes, certain previously "mandatory" triggers are now optional. One of these triggers is the adding of +1/+1 counters to creatures you control. Usually, the ability to not pump your creatures is pretty useless, but in the case of Necroplasm, it allows him to stay on the board and essentially shut down a certain mana-cost indefinitely,and to move-up the mana cost as the user sees appropriate. It's dredge ability means that it is very difficult to permanently get rid of and can also come back to re threaten a certain "mana-zone". The card seems poised to fill some of the current rock/gifts decks, as they could make good use out of a re-usable sweeper. An interaction to note is that leaving him at 0 counters essentially neuters token strategies, including empty the warrens decks, as well as being an effective tool against aggro.

Thoughts?

Aggro_zombies
12-21-2011, 10:11 PM
EE for some number plus Academy Ruins does the same thing, but crucially EE doesn't have to charge up over a couple of turns, and it doesn't have to always be in play to do its thing. Plus, with cards like Bolt and Helix in just about every deck that can run them, relying on a creature to keep the board clear of one-drops or Tarmogoyfs seems iffy (particularly when he needs to be alive for a couple of turns to actually do those things).

It might be okay, but I'm really not sold. If he cost less than three, there would be more wiggle room.

Litorers
12-22-2011, 09:01 AM
It's true that it's kind of clunky, but the card is a one card combo in one color, something that an EE loop definitely does not claim to be. Also, it can be run by decks that otherwise wouldn't have access to the EE-loop, such as traditional rock decks and maybe even in deathcloud, giving them a definitive trump in ceratin matchups.

Mr. Safety
12-22-2011, 12:32 PM
I think Porphyry Nodes and Culling Scales are both more useful than Necroplasm. Nodes can buy you extra time in the early game and Culling Scales can augment spot removal to keep low-cost creatures, even Goyf, off the table.

Rizso
12-22-2011, 08:28 PM
If the rule is interfaring with how thoes cards work, then probly some errata on them will given to make them stay in the same powerlvl. Optional Porphyry Nodes or Necroplasm feels really insane.

Litorers
12-22-2011, 09:00 PM
Porphyry nodes doesn't get affected by the new rules I'm pretty sure. Necroplasm, transcendence and spine of ish sah are the few cards that I've heard about that have had a considerable power level change. The spine can be left in the graveyard, which allows welder to loop two of them for lots of permanent destruction. Transcendence is being worked on, but there's been no mention of errata'ing necroplasm and the spine.

Rizso
12-22-2011, 10:25 PM
The rules doesnt change any powerlvl. New post about it. You as an opponent may require to point out to your opponent to put on that counter on that Necroplasm and he will be forced to do so.

Text from the post: "Also, keep in mind that under the current and future sets of rules, purposefully forgetting a mandatory triggered ability in order to gain an advantage is Cheating. Capital C there. "

Litorers
12-23-2011, 08:05 AM
Well that just ruins everything

EDIT: Could you link the new post please, I'm having trouble finding it.