PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] Modern Jund 'Dredge'

mrblueduck
01-23-2012, 04:26 AM
Introduction: Trying to get into the modern format. I don’t know a ton about the format, so I am going into this deck without the preset notion that a certain card must be included. For example I am leaving out Dark Confidant and Tarmogyf, and willing to try other two drops. With Dark Ascension releasing in a few days, I feel certain cards need to be reexamined. There is a ton of synergy with certain cards, but might be a lot of unfulfilled potential.
I have not done any testing, and waiting for Cockatrice and Wizards to release the actual cards before examining the strength.

Its not really dredge, but not creative enough to come up with anything else
Jund ‘Dredge’

Creatures:
2 Anathemancer
4 Bloodghast
1 Kessig Cagebreakers
2 Stinkweed Imp
4 Grave Crawler (DKA)
4 Vengevine
1 Squee, Goblin Nabob
Spells:
3 Zombie Infestation
1 Darkblast
1 Gnaw to the Bone
2 Lightning Bolt
3 Liliana of the Veil
4 Faithless Looting (DKA)
2 Goblin Lore
Lands:
4 Blackcleave Cliffs
1 Blood Crypt
2 Copperline Gorge
1 Fire-Lit Thicket
2 Forest
2 Marsh Flats
1 Overgrown Tomb
1 Stomping Ground
2 Swamp
4 Treetop Village
2 Twilight Mire
4 Verdant Catacombs

Gravecrawler - B 2/1
Gravecrawler can't block.
You may cast Gravecrawler from your graveyard as long as you control a Zombie.

I think a simple Jund sideboard will probably be in order. I do like one or two Cunning Sparkmage, and two to three Noxious Revival.

As for the deck, Zombie Infestation is amazing with Gravecrawler, and fills up the bin with creatures. I feel like the deck needs a sac outlet, but like Jinxed Idol for control matchups. Anyways, please let me know what you think. Thanks.

Skeggi
01-23-2012, 05:11 AM
There is a special section for Modern here: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?73-Deck-Development

mrblueduck
01-23-2012, 05:18 AM
Can the mods move it? or do I need to close the thread and create another