PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] BG Vat

Madak17
01-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Mission: abuse the hell out of Mimic Vat. The utility and card advantage in this deck is surprisingly good--between Eternal Witness and Primal Command you're searching for AND recurring any creature you want. Mimic Vat itself is just gravy.

//Land 22
8 Forest
4 Gemstone Mine
1 Plains
4 Swamp
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4 Woodland Cemetery

//13 Creatures
1 Epochrasite
4 Sakura-Tribe Elder
4 Wall of Omens
1 Eternal Witness
1 Obstinate Baloth
1 Acidic Slime
1 Grave Titan

//22 Spells
3 Duress
3 Inquisition of Kozilek
4 Path to Exile
3 Pithing Needle
3 Maelstrom Pulse
3 Mimic Vat
4 Damnation
2 Primal Command

//Sideboard (a work in progress)
3 Krosan Grip
4 Memoricide
4 Leyline of the Void

More coming later today.

Dreg
01-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Scavenging Ooze is illegal, my dear.

Madak17
01-25-2012, 06:43 PM
Scavenging Ooze is illegal, my dear.

Fixed.

Jabari
01-31-2012, 04:57 PM
Seems pretty threat light for a deck relying on Mimic Vat. Also why 3? Vat is good with multiple copies down so it's not bad to load up. Also Path to Exile? Why? You can't put what you removed onto Vat plus it doesn't help Acidic Slime if you wanna stone rain them every turn. I'd cut it for some form of Dismember, GftT, Doom Blade, or the new Morbid removal for 1. Pithing Needle looks really un needed. What are you so afraid of that you want to MD 3.

Here is a basic list similar to your theme that should just run more smoothly.

4 Sakura Tribe Elder
4 Wall of Omens
2 Eternal Witness
2 Kitchen Finks
1 New Reverse Finks
1 Acidic Slime
1 Obstinate Baloth
1 Grave Titan

4 Inquisition of Kozilek
2 Duress
2 Go for the Throat
2 Doom Blade
3 Maelstrom Pulse
4 Mimic Vat
2 Damnation
2 Primal Command

I still really don't like splashing for Wall of Omens. I'd much rather prefer a blue splash for Mulldrifter. Shriekmaw should find a way into the list. Also a valid sac outlet is needed to improve on Mimic Vat value. That 1 mana scryer pops into mind but I can't remember the name, Melira Pod uses it though. If you do find a valid sac outlet Wurmcoil needs to find it's way into the deck as well.

Phoenix Ignition
01-31-2012, 08:37 PM
I'd take out path for Shriekmaw. He's pretty ridiculously good against non-affinity decks, and on a Mimic Vat reminds me of Isochron Scepter + Swords to Plowshares in Legacy.