PDA

View Full Version : [Article] Some Eternal, More Modern

Jonathan Alexander
03-19-2012, 02:26 AM
In today's article I say a few words about the current state of Legacy and which decks I advise, then go on about a nice deck I came across in playing online and how it evolved into four colour Geist of Saint Traft aggro:

Some Eternal, More Modern (http://theweeklywars.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/some-eternal-more-modern/)

nwong
03-19-2012, 08:54 AM
How did you feel about Ajani? I'm testing a UWR deck which is a lot like yours. Whilst I thought Ajani was awesome too, I found myself siding it out a lot. As for Finks, I came to the same conclusion and put him main too.

Jonathan Alexander
03-19-2012, 09:48 AM
Ajani is good against pretty much everything that doesn't want to combo you out. If your opponent has two creatures, you can Helix away one of them and then the other one has to attack Ajani in the next turn, which means that Ajani will usually gain you at least six or so life.
If the board is neutral, i.e. you both have the same amount of active creatures, he's just insane. You land him, eat a creature and then ramp him until you can eat another creature. Sometimes they throw a Bolt at him, but even then he's a two-for-one which is pretty good in decks like this one.
But most importantly he can clear the way for Geist of Saint Traft, which is his main purpose, although Elspeth does that way better.