PDA

View Full Version : Noble Fish

Bignasty197
08-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Noble Fish is the only Vintage archetype that I own the cards for, so this is what I would play if there were regular vintage tournaments locally.

4 Tarmogoyf
4 Qasali Pridemage
4 Meddling Mage
4 Noble Hierarch
4 Trygon Predator

4 Force of Will
4 Mental Misstep
2 Swords to Plowshares
1 Ancestral Recall
1 Time Walk

4 Stony Silence
3 Grafdigger's Cage
1 Black Lotus
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mox Pearl

4 Wasteland
4 Misty Rainforest
3 Tropical Island
3 Tundra
1 Island
1 Forest
1 Strip Mine

The only downside of this deck, in my opinion, is that you aren't doing anything broken by Vintage standards.

Viridia
08-04-2012, 07:10 PM
I wouldnt play 4 Trygon Predator, and try to add some Wastelands or GSZ?

Bignasty197
08-04-2012, 07:42 PM
I wouldnt play 4 Trygon Predator, and try to add some Wastelands or GSZ?

Wastelands are already in there and GSZ is terribad with Grafdigger's Cage. There is almost never a time when I don't want a Trygon Predator playing this deck because killing artifacts every turn is what I want to do.

Viridia
08-05-2012, 05:42 AM
Ah yeah you're right, my bad, probably shouldnt post comments on a deck while drafting late at night :P
Still i think 4 Trygon Predator is slightly overkill, unless your Meta really is infested with MUD and the likes.

I think i played with Stifles last time i played the deck at a tournament, they're pretty good actually.

nedleeds
08-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Ah yeah you're right, my bad, probably shouldnt post comments on a deck while drafting late at night :P
Still i think 4 Trygon Predator is slightly overkill, unless your Meta really is infested with MUD and the likes.

I think i played with Stifles last time i played the deck at a tournament, they're pretty good actually.

I think you mean

4 x Qasali
4 x Stony Silence
4 x Trygon Predator

is overkill ... I'd cut Stony Silence before I cut Predators ... Thorn of Amethyst / redundancy issues, blocking stupid delver, etc.