PDA

View Full Version : Modern Enchantress

No_Life_No_Future
08-17-2012, 12:49 AM
I tried rather unsuccessfully to make a good modern enchantress deck, but I thought I might as well post my efforts anyway:

Lands 21:
4 Verdant Catacombs
4 Marsh Flats
3 Temple Garden
8 Forest
2 Plains

Draw Engine 12:
4 Kor Spiritdancer
4 Verduran Enchantress
4 Mesa Enchantress

Mana/Fixers 20:
4 Arbor Elf<---Combos with Utopia Sprawl and Fertile Ground... Trace of Abundance not so much.
4 Utopia Sprawl
4 Fertile Ground
4 Abundant Growth<---Not great, but there aren't too many good 1 cc enchantments in modern
4 Trace of Abundance

Utility 3:
3 Lignify

Win 4:
3 Bear Umbra
1 Waves of Aggression

The idea is to land 2 enchantress cards as soon as possible and proceed to win by playing auras that adds to lands mana production and then untap those lands with Bear Umbra. Ideally you will be drawing so many cards all you need to do is find Waves of aggression and you can attack an absurd # of times while generating mana and card advantage. Unfortunately the deck is pretty weak and loses quickly if the enchantresses are killed. I tried using the 1 cc totems to protect the enchantresses... but lets face it auras just suck. Let the constructive criticism commence!

Freggle
08-17-2012, 01:06 AM
I've never played Modern, but the bulk of this deck (http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?20454-Kor-Spiritdancer-Enchantress-y-B-W&highlight=kor+spiritdancer) is Modern legal, and can be pretty nasty.

magicmoocow
11-01-2012, 04:02 PM
I just posted a list for a GW Enchantment Control build, but this looks fun too!

Here's my "top of my head" list:

Lands:
4 Verdant Catacombs
4 Marsh Flats
3 Temple Garden
7 Forest
3 Plains

Creatures:
4 Arbor Elf
4 Auratog
4 Aura Gnarlid
4 Kor Spiritdancer