PDA

View Full Version : [Michigan] Weekly Vintage Events!

jjflipped
08-22-2012, 10:57 AM
VINTAGE!

UNLIMITED proxy, so there is no excuse not to come out!

Format: Vintage
Day: First Tuesday of each month.
Time: 6:30PM
Entry Fee: $5
Proxy Limit: UNLIMITED
Place: BC Comix
17125 Silver Parkway
Fenton, MI 48430

There are THREE ways of making proxies:

1) The first and most basic is taking a basic land card and writing the details of the card on it.
2) PREFERRED! The second method is to take a card that shares some of the characteristics with the card that is being proxied and erase any characteristics that do not match, replacing them with the correct characteristics. See: http://forums.starcitygames.com/viewtopic.php?t=291560 for more details on how to do this.
3) the third is to print out all 75 cards, and slip the sheet of paper into each sleeve. If you do this, every card must be proxied.

RJM
08-25-2012, 01:45 AM
Oh wow, look at that! I'm on the other side of MI, near Grand Rapids... But if I can find the time to make the trip over maybe once or twice a month, that'd be awesome to get some real life Vintage in.

jjflipped
08-31-2012, 10:14 AM
FYI, no event on Labor Day @ RIW

RJM
09-13-2012, 02:30 AM
If there's anyone else out here in the Grand Rapids area that wants to coordinate something, and/or car pool out to the events over at RIW & BC Comix, hit me up on here or Twitter or whatever.

Eternal scene on the West side of MI is pretty quiet these days...

Hitman82
09-13-2012, 04:05 PM
Kevin Cron lives in Grand Rapids. His handle on themanadrain.com is Chain5.

RJM
09-13-2012, 06:29 PM
Kevin Cron lives in Grand Rapids. His handle on themanadrain.com is Chain5.

Heh, I became aware of that when catching up on SMIP podcasts a few weeks ago. Sent an email, but never heard back.

And I'm actually not on TMD either. Every time I try to register, I either get an error or I never hear back on approval. Got annoyed and gave up on that a while back.

I did also shoot Steve a PM on here to ask if he would forward my info to Kevin. I even sent a couple messages on Twitter to Kevin about organizing something.

At this point, I don't want to look like a crazy stalker or something. If he ever gets back to me, cool. If not, I guess oh well.

jjflipped
09-14-2012, 02:00 PM
BC Comix had an awesome 13 person turnout for it's inaugural event! This week dropped off a lot however, and many players have asked to schedule for a monthly event instead. BC events on tuesdays have been changed to Monthly (1st Tuesday).

4 people showed up to RIW this week, and we discussed delaying future events until after RTR is released, giving time for locals to find out about it and become interested. We are looking at either the 1st or the 8th of october to resume (possibly changing to montly as well.)

Thanks for understanding.

jjflipped
09-20-2012, 11:56 AM
Both events are now monthly. Read OP for schedules.

jjflipped
11-30-2012, 02:30 PM
Come on out to BC Comix next Tuesday!