PDA

View Full Version : [Development] Team Grixis

Hireax
09-24-2012, 05:22 AM
Looking at the fact that URW Delver is currently winning so much love and affection I was pondering about the option to bring a Delver based deck to the darkside.

I think Team Grixis could/should be a tempo oriënted deck in Modern, relying on a good first/second turn and then trying to control the board and whack the win home with our proper creatures :).

Yet I have been out of contention lately when it comes to magic and thus am struggling with a proper list and also with the proper numbers of spells included. I seek your help with that.

The current list I was thinking about (post RTR):

4x Delver of Secrets
4x Goblin Guide
4x Dark Confidant
3x Goblin Electomancer
[15 Creatures]

5x Island
2x Mountain
1x Swamp
3x Steam Vents
1x Blood Crypt
2x Watery Grave
4x U/R Fetch (forgot name)
2x Darkslick Shores
1x Blackcleave Cliffs
[21 Land]

4x Lightning Bolt
3x Inquisition of Kozilek
1x Izzet Charm
1x Electrolyze
4x Terminate
2x Spell Pierce
2x Spell Snare
1x Blightning
3x Serum Visions
[21 Instant/Sorcery]

3x Liliana of the Veil
[3x Planeswalkers]

I have also been considering these for the main board:
Deprive
Mana Leak
Go for the Throat
Dismember
Thoughtseize
Duress
Lava Spike
Thunderous Wrath
and so on...

What do you think about this? Is this worth testing? Are there any viable alternatives in Modern for the current cards?

Is there already a top tier/tier 2 deck with this archetype? Always looking for some help with this :)

Cheers and thanks in advance!

HopDizzle
09-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Since this deck tends to be a tempo build. I would consider running 2 -3 remand

Koby
09-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Why does the list run Goblin Electromancer, when there are two spells in the whole deck that benefit from him?

Hireax
09-24-2012, 04:27 PM
I've mistaken Electromancer with Guttersnipe, however Snipe's CMC 3 makes it useless to play it.
Let's sub Electromancer for Snapcaster Mage then :).

Remands seem solid, what do I cut for them however?

HopDizzle
09-24-2012, 04:42 PM
I've mistaken Electromancer with Guttersnipe, however Snipe's CMC 3 makes it useless to play it.
Let's sub Electromancer for Snapcaster Mage then :).

Remands seem solid, what do I cut for them however?

I think I would cut the 1 Izzet Charm and the Blightning. From my experience with playing with Blightning on MTGO, it's not that great unless you are cascading into it. I prefer the targeted discard and mana efficiency of Inquisition/Thoughtseize over Blightning.

Hireax
09-25-2012, 07:19 AM
I see what you mean. However I see Izzet Charm being a perfect little toolbox for this deck. Its only disadvantage is that it costs one more to do things that other cards can also do...

For now I'll go with 2 Remand instead of Charm and Blightning

What would you recommend for the sideboard?

HopDizzle
09-25-2012, 03:30 PM
Having not tested the deck, constructing a sideboard is a little difficult. Saying that, this is my initial suggestion.

Sideboard
// Seems useful for graveyard hate and artifact spot removal
3 Rakdos Charm
// Trump card for a mirror
1 Olivia Voldaren
3 Thoughtseize
2 Mana Leak
// Vs. WB Tokens or just pure utility
2 Ratchet Bomb
// Good vs storm combo
2 Dispel
2 Threads of Disloyalty

Hireax
10-02-2012, 03:13 AM
I am probably going to run this list against my brother on MWS a couple of times to get a feel of how it plays out :).

Will probably start proper testing after that, but besides this list I am considering a different brew (entirely different deck) as well, so I pretty much need to see which I fancy the most.