PDA

View Full Version : The Source Vintage Open 2012

Koby
09-28-2012, 10:44 PM
Hello gentlefolk of fine reputation!

In the spirit of competition and community, I am please to announce The Source's Vintage Open - an online tournament for bragging rights to claim Best of Vintage!

Sign-ups for the tournament officially start now, and will be closed on Monday, October 15th, 12:00 AM.

The tournament will be played on Cockatrice (http://cockatrice.de/) program played out in traditional Swiss rounds and elimination Top 4/8 depending on attendance. Each round will last 1 week to allow participants the opportunity to schedule amongst themselves a suitable time to play. The tournament format will follow the Vintage Ban & Restricted (http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=judge/resources/sfrvintage) list as of October 1st, 2012.

To sign-up, enter your deck into the Cockatrice format and find the deck code:
http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/rukcus/large/da3962bd07e895131650dbcc1750921c.png

Simply post this hash code in reply to this thread to register.

Once each week on Monday, I will post each week's pairings.
Matches not completed by Sunday 8:00 PM Pacific Standard Time will be considered a draw. Two draws this will will be considered dropping from the tournament. This is only to keep the tournament on track.

Prize donations will be collected, and dispersed to top finishers - if we receive any.
Post any questions about the tournament in this thread.

aahz
09-29-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm in.

Deck Hash:
afkla96t

kiblast
09-29-2012, 02:12 PM
Im in with my 75eil1rj pile. GL HF.

mrjumbo03
09-30-2012, 06:36 AM
I'm in. 2jrq5um1 pile. Entered a couple of these back at the TMD and it was fun.

JUNI0R
09-30-2012, 02:04 PM
I'm in. ifpbfr11

B.C.
10-01-2012, 01:44 PM
You know it.

Hash: labek0ak

pandaman
10-03-2012, 01:42 AM
I'm in!

Hashtag: 1kvdukqg

RJM
10-03-2012, 03:35 AM
I'm all over this, of course. Just tweaking the deck a little before registering. I'll edit in the code before the 15th deadline.

DECK: r3tios6u

Koby
10-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Is everyone ready for Burning Wish combo to make a resurgence? Will Workshop decks still hold the court?

We only have 8 people right now... (as soon as I finalize my decklist and add the hashtag)

pandaman
10-10-2012, 01:45 AM
8 players is enough for a tournament, but could we (with moderator permission of course) post this into other more high-traffic sub-forums on the site? It might encourage people who don't currently play Vintage to have a crack, which couldn't be bad! Even just in the Legacy Tournaments section might get the tournament some more players.

Also, has anyone thought about prize donations? I don't have much Vintage Pimp stuff in my trades, but I do have 3 Arena Foil Gaea's Blessings (for pimping Oath) and a spare Urza's Legacy Foil Mother of Runes (for pimping.... well, in Vintage it would be White Trash?).

I would like to throw those in the mix for prizes just to ensure everyone concentrates just a little harder on their play! :laugh:

Koby, can you shoot me your postal address so I can get them to you for distribution? I'm in Australia and you're in the US so it may take a while, I better get cracking on sending them sooner rather than later.

Koby
10-10-2012, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the offer pandaman. We'll see if we can get more than 10 and I'll take you up on that offer. Feel free to spread the word amongst your friends on other social media like twitter and/or facebook.

Anyway, here's my deckcode: bnfsc5d1

Kich867
10-11-2012, 12:46 AM
This is a stunningly awesome event. I hadn't ever thought about these. Someone should do this for legacy haha. I've never played vintage before but this seems like a fun way to try it.

nedleeds
10-11-2012, 12:04 PM
7sohidi2

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-jbyCVFl4SJQ/UHbss-3ey5I/AAAAAAAAAuQ/fg_M_QNnEYk/s400/27129695.jpg

Koby
10-16-2012, 03:57 PM
I was still in transit coming back from Grind Prix San Jose yesterday. Pairings will be posted tonite.

aahz
10-16-2012, 04:36 PM
I was still in transit coming back from Grind Prix San Jose yesterday. Pairings will be posted tonite.

No rush. I'm currently scrambling to get the newest version of Cockatrice running, so I can't currently connect to the server anyway. I only run Linux, so I have to compile the damn thing myself. But I've run into trouble because it looks like the most recent version has some different dependencies that I can't seem to find for my version of Ubuntu. [/tmi]

I couldn't make the GP (not that I would really play non-Vintage, non-Legacy, non-EDH, non-Cube formats anyway), but I hope you had fun. Did sclabman or BC make it down there? Instead I determined that cat urine is flammable when an electric current is run through it and can melt the metal of a electrical plug. Don't try that at home, kids. (Seriously, don't!)

Kirika
10-16-2012, 10:07 PM
Is it too late to get in on this? Is there an odd number of people? Don't really read this board often but I'll start reading it more regularly.

hash code is dpul4fsn

infant_no_1
10-16-2012, 11:02 PM
If it's not too late I'd like to join. Had some life craziness last week, then judging a PTQ Saturday.

If I'm too late I understand but would love to test some games anyway.

Hash:
hpern663

aahz
10-17-2012, 08:40 PM
No rush. I'm currently scrambling to get the newest version of Cockatrice running, so I can't currently connect to the server anyway. I only run Linux, so I have to compile the damn thing myself. But I've run into trouble because it looks like the most recent version has some different dependencies that I can't seem to find for my version of Ubuntu. [/tmi]

I couldn't make the GP (not that I would really play non-Vintage, non-Legacy, non-EDH, non-Cube formats anyway), but I hope you had fun. Did sclabman or BC make it down there? Instead I determined that cat urine is flammable when an electric current is run through it and can melt the metal of a electrical plug. Don't try that at home, kids. (Seriously, don't!)
Sigh. Looks like I'm going to have to bail from this. I can't get the current version of Cockatrice to compile unless I reinstall a new operating system because of they used a newer version of Qt that I can't run. Thanks makers of Cockatrice for making sure it isn't backward-compatible in Ubuntu! Good job!

My deck was awesome, too. I'm really sad, but can't justify the risk of breaking my work related stuff just to play in this. Oh well.

(Unless the pairings don't go up until the weekend. I might be able to get a virtual machine running the windows version or something, but I don't have time to get to that until Friday at the earliest, so don't let me hold up the entire thing)

RJM
10-17-2012, 10:13 PM
Sigh. Looks like I'm going to have to bail from this. I can't get the current version of Cockatrice to compile unless I reinstall a new operating system because of they used a newer version of Qt that I can't run. Thanks makers of Cockatrice for making sure it isn't backward-compatible in Ubuntu! Good job!

My deck was awesome, too. I'm really sad, but can't justify the risk of breaking my work related stuff just to play in this. Oh well.

(Unless the pairings don't go up until the weekend. I might be able to get a virtual machine running the windows version or something, but I don't have time to get to that until Friday at the earliest, so don't let me hold up the entire thing)

I'll talk to my buddy, who recently got it to work on his machine using what sounds like exactly your setup, and see if that can help.

Koby
10-17-2012, 11:01 PM
OK, I've gotten everyone who's posted entered into the tournament so far.

Here's the player list:
The Source Vintage Open

Deck code is not case-sensitive. The player list is cutting off, but it will show the full deck code in the pairings.

We will be running 5 Swiss rounds, with a Top 4 playoff. This is to encourage playing rather than drawing into the final rounds.

Player Name Points Country
---------------------------------------------------------------
Aahz, _Afkla96t 0
Bc, _Labek0ak 0
Infant_No_1, _Hpern663 0
Juni0r, _Ifpbfr1 0
Kiblast, _75Eil1 0
Kirika, _Dpul4fsn 0
Koby, _Bnfsc5d1 0
Mrjumbo3, _2Jrq5 0
Nedleeds, _7sohidi2 0
Pandaman, _1Kvdukqg 0
Rjm, _R3tios6u 0

@aahz - Let me know if you still want to try to troubleshoot and stay enrolled, or I can remove you before we begin.

*NOTE* This post is not finalized. WER is a bitch of a program to use. Please bear with me.

aahz
10-17-2012, 11:18 PM
I'll talk to my buddy, who recently got it to work on his machine using what sounds like exactly your setup, and see if that can help.

The trouble I'm having is that I'm currently running Lucid, but to compile version 14 of cockatrice, I need a version of Qt that only runs on Natty or later (The dependency I can't get for my system is apparently qtmobility-dev, which I understand to be for doing things on mobile devices, so it really is a WTF kind of thing). The server won't let me on with version 13.

I'd love to stay in, but I can't really devote much time to fixing this for a couple of days (I might be able to dodge it by getting cocktrice running in Wine or on a virtual machine, so there are options at least that might be a quick fix). I just don't want to hold up other peoples' fun.

Koby
10-17-2012, 11:38 PM
OK, I'm sorry to hear about the technical difficulties. I'll continue forward with it now, and if you can fix it before Round 2, I'll add you back in with a round 1 loss.

ROUND 1 PAIRINGS

Round1
Table Player Opponent Points-Points
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Bc, _labek0ak Kirika, _dpul4fsn 0-0
2 Pandaman, _1kvdukqg Rjm, _r3tios6u 0-0
3 Juni0r, _ifpbfr11 Koby, _bnfsc5d1 0-0
4 Mrjumbo3, _2jrq5um1 Infant_no1, _hpern663 0-0
5 Kiblast, _75eil1rj Nedleeds, _7sohidi2 0-0

Please contact your opponent using any method (Source PM preferred) and setup a time to play out your matches. Results are due no later than Tuesday 9 PM Pacific Time.
Report your matches in the thread, only the winner needs to report. If you have any rules questions regarding an interaction, try #mtgjudge on EFNet for an immediate answer.

aahz
10-19-2012, 02:48 AM
I got Cockatrice running in Wine. So I guess I'll destroy the losers bracket starting in Round 2.:rolleyes:
Shame on me for not just keeping my mouth shut and waiting it out. Oh well, live and learn.

Koby
10-19-2012, 09:33 PM
2-1 over JUNI0R and his mean deck. (but not Meandeck)

nedleeds
10-20-2012, 04:49 PM
lose 0-2.

Koby
10-22-2012, 01:36 PM
How's everyone matches going? As a reminder, I need your results in by tomorrow 9 PM PST.

B.C.
10-22-2012, 02:52 PM
I have attempted to contact Kirika twice. So far no response.

mrjumbo03
10-22-2012, 03:08 PM
Infant.no1 has been pretty busy and we can't come up with the same time for our match as well.

pandaman
10-23-2012, 12:02 AM
I went down to RJM 1-2. Good games, heaps of fun! Can't wait for the next round!

Kirika
10-23-2012, 12:16 AM
Been pretty busy with work and was out for the weekend. Hopefully can get in our match before the deadline.

mrjumbo03
10-23-2012, 07:17 AM
Won 2-0 over infant_no1.

B.C.
10-23-2012, 11:18 PM
I'm not going to be able to complete my match. Go ahead and give me the loss and drop me from the tournament. Sorry for the lame-out.

Koby
10-23-2012, 11:28 PM
Well that's no fun :(
Do you need a time extension? I would like to see the tournament played out, but I realize people have lives and schedules that are hard to move. If you guys have any suggestions, I'm all ears.

nedleeds
10-24-2012, 11:08 AM
A way to get your match over quickly is to be on the draw against land, Lotus, Jace.

B.C.
10-24-2012, 11:32 AM
Do you need a time extension? I would like to see the tournament played out, but I realize people have lives and schedules that are hard to move. If you guys have any suggestions, I'm all ears.

This week's match is probably not going to happen. Kirika and I are not on the same page. My availability to complete other matches in the coming days and weeks is also suspect, but I suppose I could try.

aahz
10-24-2012, 01:22 PM
This sort of thing is the problem with 'informal' online tournaments. I think there might need to be rules that if your opponent hasn't responded to you or made contact in the first 24hrs after the pairings (via PM here on the Source), they get a match loss. That way if you don't check up on what's going on or take it seriously, you're out. Maybe even ban them from the next tournament for a second infraction as extra incentive to either take it seriously or GTFO. That said, people are busy and I don't have any problem with time extensions (and that sort of thing) as long as the participants are up front about what's going on. If they wait until that last minute to say "oops, I was out of town and couldn't play", my rebuttal is "Well, why didn't you say so BEFORE you F'ing left then?"

Koby
10-24-2012, 09:25 PM
ROUND 2 PAIRINGS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Kiblast, _75eil1rj Mrjumbo3, _2jrq5um1 3-3
2 Rjm, _r3tios6u Kirika, _dpul4fsn 3-3
3 Koby, _bnfsc5d1 Pandaman, _1kvdukqg 3-0
4 Juni0r, _ifpbfr11 Aahz, _afkla96t 0-0
5 Infant_no1, _hpern663 Nedleeds, _7sohidi2 0-0

Please contact your opponent using any method (Source PM preferred) and setup a time to play out your matches. Results are due no later than Wednesday 9 PM Pacific Time.
Report your matches in the thread, only the winner needs to report. If you have any rules questions regarding an interaction, try #mtgjudge on EFNet for an immediate answer.

RJM
10-27-2012, 01:32 AM
Kirika, you around? Haven't heard back from multiple PMs.

xfxf
10-27-2012, 06:40 AM
I was looking forward to this tournmanet but in the end I didn't sign up because we planned a holiday with my girlfriend and I figured I'd be missing a round for sure. Now when I read the no-show discussion I feel bad for missing the whole thing. For the future ones can we define a policy for missing rounds so we can plan ahead and still get a piece of action :)

JUNI0R
10-28-2012, 02:12 PM
Depspite all of the technical difficulties, we were able to finish a match. Juni0r over aahz 2-0.

Koby
10-29-2012, 01:17 PM
Played a well fought match against Pandaman and ended victorious at 2-1.
Your deck definitely gave me some trouble. Double threat is the real deal :)

RJM
10-29-2012, 08:55 PM
Kirika, what's up man?

I've sent three PMs to try and schedule our match, and your profile shows you were online again today, and once again still no response.

I get that we can all be busy, but even just an attempt at some courteous communication would go a long way.

Anyway, I hope to hear from you soon and find the time to get our match in by Wednesday.

Ryan

mrjumbo03
10-29-2012, 10:16 PM
Having trouble playing a match with Kiblast because he doesn't have internet at home right now, and starbuck's connection was really slow when we tried.

pandaman
10-30-2012, 09:58 AM
Played a well fought match against Pandaman and ended victorious at 2-1.
Your deck definitely gave me some trouble. Double threat is the real deal :)

I had a great time playing our match too. I liked your deck's style a lot, definitely some awesome things going on in there that I hadn't seen before. In the end, I just got overpowered though, props to you!

Bring on Round 3!

Koby
10-31-2012, 05:25 PM
Kirika, have you attempted to contact RJM to schedule your match?

Kiblast, do you have any remedies to the slow internet in order to complete your match?

Unless I hear from either of you, it will be counted as a match loss.

ween
10-31-2012, 05:47 PM
Dang it, i just saw this thread.

Will definitely be in for the next one.

Good luck all.

infant_no_1
10-31-2012, 09:20 PM
Nedleeds & I are having some troubles syncing up as well.

RJM
10-31-2012, 10:16 PM
Kirika, have you attempted to contact RJM to schedule your match?

Kiblast, do you have any remedies to the slow internet in order to complete your match?

Unless I hear from either of you, it will be counted as a match loss.

Nothing at all, so far.

I'll be around for the next couple hours, so I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed.

EDIT: Well, it's after midnight here, and I'm heading out for the night. Never any contact from Kirika. Gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed.

Kirika
11-01-2012, 04:32 PM
I been offline since Monday due to Sandy, home still has no internet or power and don't know when I'm going to get it back so going to have to bow out.

infant_no_1
11-02-2012, 09:38 AM
nedleeds has been having Sandy related troubles as well. I do have a PM from him stating he would give the match win, but i'd honestly rather play if we are allowing the weather affected players an extension.

Obviously we need to do things to keep the tourney going, but I like playing Magic. :)

pandaman
11-02-2012, 09:15 PM
I would be perfectly fine with a week's extension for this round's matches because of Sandy. All the best to those who are affected by it, our thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope you're doing ok.

Koby
11-03-2012, 12:39 AM
Yep agree in light of this weeks natural disaster i will extend the end of round to next Monday night.

Koby
11-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Any updates to the outstanding matches?

mrjumbo03
11-04-2012, 10:28 PM
No reply from Kiblast since the last time he got disconnected. I messaged him again notifying of the extension but still no reply.

RJM
11-05-2012, 12:21 AM
No reply from Kiblast since the last time he got disconnected. I messaged him again notifying of the extension but still no reply.

Same with my opponent, unfortunately.

infant_no_1
11-05-2012, 09:50 AM
Same as well.

Koby
11-06-2012, 01:08 PM
*grumble grumble* I hate grad school. Next round will be posted tonight.

kiblast
11-06-2012, 09:19 PM

Now I have access to internet again. Sorry for that. I'll happily play the next rounds.

Koby
11-07-2012, 12:13 AM
ROUND 3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Aahz, _afkla96t ***Bye*** 0
1 Koby, _bnfsc5d1 Rjm, _r3tios6u 6-6
2 Mrjumbo3, _2jrq5um1 Juni0r, _ifpbfr11 6-3
3 Kiblast, _75eil1rj Infant_no1, _hpern663 3-3
4 Pandaman, _1kvdukqg Nedleeds, _7sohidi2 0-0

The following players were dropped due to inactivity--
Kirika

The end of Round 3 will be Wednesday, November 14th 9 PM PST. Please post here if there's any troubles.

RJM
11-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Hey Koby, just a heads up that I sent you a PM to line up our game.

mrjumbo03
11-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Won over JUNI0R 2-0.

Koby
11-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Beat RJM 2-1 in a close match that was decided on mana screw in game 3. Some good games tho.

pandaman
11-12-2012, 05:13 PM
Nedleeds, I know you have been affected by Sandy, hope all is well with you and you're healthy and safe, along with your family. Let me know if we can fit in our match sometime soon by Source PM.

pandaman

RJM
11-14-2012, 01:43 AM
Beat RJM 2-1 in a close match that was decided on mana screw in game 3. Some good games tho.

Yup, had a lot of fun. First two games were great, and I still almost felt like I crawled back in it after the mull to 4 in game 3.

Look forward to next time.

infant_no_1
11-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Beat kiblast 2-1.
Great match & gracious opponent.

kiblast
11-14-2012, 02:47 PM
Beat kiblast 2-1.
Great match & gracious opponent.

GGs! :)

Koby
11-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Oops, totally forgot this round ended last nite.

Pandaman // nedleeds - any update on your match?

aahz
11-16-2012, 02:58 AM
Phew. Glad I got a bye last round as I've been busy with work, out of town, and sick this week. Bring on the losers bracket! :smile:
Win or lose, I love Vintage (except Shops* :rolleyes:)!

* I've got nothing against people who play Shops. I just don't like the deck in the same manner that some people don't like Dredge. Lock decks (besides Enchantress, yes I'm biased) are boring, especially when they make the game all in on the die roll; at least Dredge interacts unless you ignored it when building your deck. :tongue:

Koby
11-16-2012, 09:31 PM
Ok, now that my Grad school classes are done for the week, here's

ROUND 4 - THE PENULTIMATE ROUND!

0 Nedleeds, _7sohidi2 ***Bye*** 0
1 Koby, _bnfsc5d1 Mrjumbo3, _2jrq5um1 9-9
2 Infant_no1, _hpern663 Rjm, _r3tios6u 6-6
3 Kiblast, _75eil1rj Juni0r, _ifpbfr11 3-3
4 Aahz, _afkla96t Pandaman, _1kvdukqg 3-3

Please report the matches by next Friday.

mrjumbo03
11-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Lost to Koby 2-1

RJM
11-19-2012, 11:23 PM
I was able to come away with the win (2-0) playing Infant_no1.

Our game 1 was probably one of the most epic games I've had in a while, and against yet another great opponent!

infant_no_1
11-20-2012, 01:50 PM
Our game 1 was probably one of the most epic games I've had in a while, and against yet another great opponent!

It was great. One of the best recovery efforts I've ever seen. But when you forget how to draw threats that happens :)

aahz
11-22-2012, 01:44 AM
I'm scooping to Pandaman. We were supposed to play just now. I was 6 minutes late because of real life (which I warned him about), but then waited around for half an hour. I can't make this sort of tournament work with my hectic schedule, so I'm done.

infant_no_1
11-22-2012, 11:24 PM
This is a preemptive post. When the next pairings go up I will be busy judging GP San Antonio. I probably will not be able to respond to any PM until Monday evening.
Just want to warn my next round opponent.

-josh-

Koby
11-25-2012, 09:01 PM
Kiblast & Juni0r - any word?

Koby
11-28-2012, 02:03 AM
Kiblast & Juni0r, since I haven't heard back, I assigned the match a draw. kiblast, since this is your second "no show", I've also dropped you.

Standings after Round 4!

Opponents Match Win Percent : OMW%
Game Win Percent : GW%
Opponents Game Win Percent : OGW%
Rank Name Points OMW% GW% OGW%
------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Koby, _bnfsc5d1 12 58.3333 66.6667 62.3611
2 Rjm, _r3tios6u 9 62.5 70 55.2778
3 Mrjumbo3, _2jrq5um1 9 54.1666 77.7778 48.6111
4 Pandaman, _1kvdukqg 6 60.25 60 46.6667
5 Infant_no1, _hpern663 6 54.0833 44.4444 53.6111
6 Juni0r, _ifpbfr11 4 60.3333 41.6667 52.7778
7 Kiblast, _75eil1rj 4 47.8333 41.6667 47.2222
8 Kirika, _dpul4fsn 3 54 50 35
9 Nedleeds, _7sohidi2 3 44.4444 25 48.7037
10 Aahz, _afkla96t 3 41.6667 25 50.8333
11 Bc, _labek0ak 0 50 0 50

Pairings for Round 5

Round5
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Koby, _bnfsc5d1 Infant_no1, _hpern663 12-6
2 Rjm, _r3tios6u Mrjumbo3, _2jrq5um1 9-9
3 Pandaman, _1kvdukqg Juni0r, _ifpbfr11 6-4
4 Nedleeds, _7sohidi2 Aahz, _afkla96t 3-3

RaNDoMxGeSTuReS
11-29-2012, 12:45 PM
Koby, are you going to win?

Koby
11-29-2012, 09:09 PM
Koby, are you going to win?

I am.

Beat infant_no_1 2-0.

Here's my list:
3 Snapcaster Mage
2 Goblin Welder
1 Gorilla Shaman
1 Myr Battlesphere
2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
1 Tezzeret the Seeker
4 Force of Will
2 Mana Drain
2 Mental Misstep
2 Flusterstorm
1 Ancestral Recall
1 Brainstorm
1 Ponder
1 Thirst for Knowledge
2 Forbidden Alchemy
1 Gifts Ungiven
1 Time Walk
1 Yawgmoth's Will
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Vampiric Tutor
1 Tinker
1 Time Vault
1 Voltaic Key
1 Sensei's Divining Top
1 Nihil Spellbomb
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mox Pearl
1 Mox Ruby
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Mox Jet
1 Black Lotus
1 Mana Crypt
1 Sol Ring
1 Strip Mine
1 Library of Alexandria
1 Tolarian Academy
4 Scalding Tarn
2 Misty Rainforest
2 Island
3 Underground Sea
2 Volcanic Island
SB: 1 Grafdigger's Cage
SB: 1 Yixlid Jailer
SB: 4 Ingot Chewer
SB: 1 Lightning Bolt
SB: 2 Nihil Spellbomb
SB: 1 Red Elemental Blast
SB: 1 Pyroblast
SB: 1 Pyroclasm
SB: 1 Viashino Heretic
SB: 1 Mountain
SB: 1 Flusterstorm

infant_no_1
11-29-2012, 10:05 PM
I want to thank you Koby for putting this together. I have had an absolute blast, although next time I'll hopefully draw cards that do things!

For the record here is my list:
3 Static Orb
4 Lotus Cobra
3 Tangle Wire
4 Gush
3 Tamiyo, the Moon Sage
3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
2 Mental Misstep
4 Force of Will
1 Fastbond
1 Crucible of Worlds
1 Zuran Orb
3 Mana Drain
1 Ancestral Recall
1 Ponder
1 Brainstorm
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Vampiric Tutor
1 Time Walk
1 Mox Jet
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Mox Emerald
1 Black Lotus
1 Regrowth
2 Abrupt Decay
4 Misty Rainforest
3 Polluted Delta
2 Underground Sea
2 Tropical Island
1 Strip Mine
1 Island
1 Forest
1 Swamp
1 Bayou
SB: 3 Trygon Predator
SB: 3 Steel Sabotage
SB: 4 Leyline of the Void
SB: 2 Yixlid Jailer
SB: 1 Crucible of Worlds
SB: 2 Naturalize

Viridia
12-15-2012, 07:43 AM
Considering i missed this one, will there be another one soon/next year?

Koby
02-08-2013, 03:34 PM
I can run another event if enough people show interest. I am thinking keeping it maybe every quarter if there's enough support.

infant_no_1
02-08-2013, 03:50 PM
I'm interested, but unfortunately right now I'm super busy with life.

Keep us updated!

xfxf
02-08-2013, 03:58 PM
This time around I can do it. No planned absences in the following months.

aahz
02-08-2013, 08:46 PM
As long as there is some mechanism to weed out/punish people who are unresponsive about setting up and playing matches in a timely manner, I'm interested. My previous issues running Cockatrice have been resolved (no more Windows binary in Wine and using tokens to communicate because the chat doesn't work!).

Random ideas:
1) Have a "meeting" at the beginning of each new round to set up tentative match times before the round starts. Thus to not get a loss, each player has to make an appearance at the designated time OR explicitly contact Koby and/or their opponent beforehand. This forces everyone to stay in communication and also lets potential spectators know when particular matches are going to be played. It might be interesting to require that observers be allowed to watch the matches to keep people from being flaky.

2) Require that match times be set up in this thread (not via PM or other private communication), so everyone can see who is being diligent about contacting opponents/setting up matches and who is not.

fisharu
05-14-2013, 10:11 AM
When is the next round of signups? I'm lookin' to tap some bazaars!

RaNDoMxGeSTuReS
05-15-2013, 02:05 PM
I wanna play!!

shpishay
06-25-2013, 01:45 PM
I'd be interested!