10-19-2012, 12:04 PM
PT RTR stream is live: http://webcastplayer.wizards.com

9AM PST today (Friday), 9AM PST Saturday, 10:45AM PST Sunday

JDK
10-19-2012, 01:45 PM
Thanks, I almost forgot about it due to Starladder (Dota2). ^^

alekill
10-19-2012, 07:19 PM
So I know almost nothing about modern besides what I'm watching on the stream but I have a question. Why is everyone not just playing jund? Every single time it's on the other player just seems to say "I crush every single matchup but jund" yet that seems to be the most played deck and just seems clearly more powerful then anything else being done. For a PT I would expect players to at least try when building their decks.

dunk
10-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Jund is cool and all, but most of its matchups are more like 50:50, often heavily depending on the jund players draws. Also, Jund has a really hard time beating Tron.

SpikeyMikey
10-21-2012, 01:09 PM
Jund is cool and all, but most of its matchups are more like 50:50, often heavily depending on the jund players draws. Also, Jund has a really hard time beating Tron.

Jund is a slow and grindy deck. It doesn't crush anything, it just doesn't lose horribly to much. I could only wish that everyone was playing Jund, I prefer B/W Tokens and I smoke that matchup like it's my job; it's probably 70%+.

(nameless one)
10-21-2012, 01:19 PM
So Jund is the Canadian Threshold of Modern right?

It's consistent, has a 50/50 matchup across the board and wins via Goyf?

Lord Seth
10-22-2012, 01:41 AM
So Jund is the Canadian Threshold of Modern right?

It's consistent, has a 50/50 matchup across the board and wins via Goyf?I never thought about it like that, but you're right. Jund pretty much is the RUG Delver of Modern, even more than the actual Modern RUG Delver deck is.