4 Supreme Verdict
4 Path to Exile
3 Engineered Explosives
1 Doom Blade
1 Go for the Throat

// 8
4 Mana Leak
4 Inquisition of Kozilek

Classic Esper Control, no toolbox control like Mystical Teachings.

Snapcaster Mage takes the spot of Brainstorm in Legacy in that it technically doubles the amount of certain cards you need more than four copies (like Sphinx Revelation)

IoK could also be Thoughtseize.

I opt for a small win, no big dedicated win-cons.

No Cryptic Command? The good thing about Cryptic Command is that enables a smoother transition from control to aggro, that is winning the game, but from a defensive perspektive it is pretty awful compared to other cards. I think it is not needed, because Sphinx Revelation gives you so much lifegain over the game thanks to Snapcaster Mage flashbacking it, that you can actually use your lifegain as a bolster to go aggro.

JDK
12-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Not playing Gifts Ungiven in such a deck just seems wrong.

(nameless one)
12-10-2012, 12:24 PM
How? Death-rite Shaman is everywhere. Apparently is great in stopping Gifts as a strategy.

JDK
12-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Gifts Ungiven still provides massive cardadvantage and you can always board to overcome possible issues in such matchups.

Mr. Safety
12-10-2012, 07:24 PM
I agree. Gifts Ungiven can be weak against shaman...but with the disruption/control elements Shaman should be dealt with by the time Gifts enters the mix. PLUS, you can improve your odds against many decks by simply including Unburial Rites and Iona in your sideboard (considering at least 3x maindeck Gifts.)

Gifts might be challenging to play (always has been) but that doesn't mean it isn't good, or that you shouldn't use it.

nodahero
01-16-2013, 05:44 PM
I love the idea of this but I think a simple UW restoration control would work better with a splash of black for lingering souls or what have you