PDA

View Full Version : Junk Fauna

hamster
03-10-2013, 07:11 PM
I just build this deck on MODO and I'm having both fun and a fair amount of success with it.

Basically I wanted a deck with both Fauna Shaman, Vengevine and Liliana in it (because those were some of the few cards I own) and I ended up with this:

Planeswalkers
3 Liliana of the Veil

Creatures
4 Deathrite Shaman
3 Birds of Paradise
4 Fauna Shaman
4 Squadron Hawk
1 Qasali Pridemage
1 Scryb Ranger
4 Knight of the Reliquary
4 Vengevine

Other Spells
3 Inquisition of Kozilek
3 Path to Exile
2 Abrupt Decay

Lands
3 Temple Garden
1 Godless Shrine
4 Marsh Flats
4 Verdant Catacomb
2 Overgrown Tomb
1 Swamp
1 Forest

Utility Lands
3 Tectonic Edge
1 Treetop Village
1 Bojuka Bog
1 Mistveil Plains
1 Sejiri Steppe
1 Gavony Township

Sideboard (far from optimal)
1 Path to Exile
3 Thoughtseize
1 Obsinate Baloth
3 Creeping Corrosion
1 Kitchen Finks
1 Tidehollow Sculler
1 Abrupt Decay
1 Pithing Needle
3 Nihil Spellbomb

I'm just wondering where to take it now and whether Fauna is just a bad version of Birthing Pod. Sometimes she feels that way I have to admit.

hamster
03-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Some additional notes:

- I've tried cutting the Birds for a Path a Thoughtseize and an Abrupt Decay and it seems to be the right call
- I definitely want Baneslayer Angel in there. There have been times where I could've won games if I could've fetched her.
- Sejiri Steppe and Mistveil Plains have been underwhelming. I haven't used them once. So I'm thinking about running basic plains instead of them

hamster
03-11-2013, 11:58 AM
Hmmm G/R Tron seems to be a problem.

How do I make that matchup better?

imnotbrown
03-19-2013, 10:10 AM
nevermore/stony silence?

kombatkiwi
03-19-2013, 12:20 PM
I think that the idea of this deck is pretty sweet, but I feel like you might want some more early Deathrite removal like Disfigure or Sunlance or something along those lines because that card is just seems soooo good against everything you're trying to do. (Your main win conditions being KotR/Vine)

Another idea is a one of Wilt Leaf Liege because you can Fauna it up in response to an opponent's Liliana plus
3 Tec Edge seems a bit weird but I guess you are a KotR deck and if you haven't been colourscrewing yourself then I guess it isn't an issue

hamster
03-24-2013, 01:18 PM
You're dead right. I've actually stopped playing the deck due to Shaman running rampant. I might try Disfigure. It seems like a good call.
The Tec Edges haven't color screwed me yet *knocks on wood*.
I have added Stony Silence to the SB. Don't know why I didn't think of that.