PDA

View Full Version : The Rock-Death's Messenger

ghostfire86
05-28-2013, 11:44 AM
So this is a Golgari Grave Deck that I have bee tinkering with for the past few months. Goldfish plays seem viable however understand that majority of players in my area are now gone so legit testing becomes troublesome.

My rock is Demigod of Revenge who has massive synergy towards the decks build. I have considered the use of Vengevine however I like the evasion Demi gives. Thoughtseize would be much better to hit with in late game however I don't have the money for a set as of yet. Raven's Crime becomes a great value with retrace to rid my hand of extra lands to activate Blood Scrivener faster. I have considered taking this to a junk style deck by splicing in one or two godless shrine to make use of vault of the archangel and/or lingering spirits or taking this Jund for bloodbraid elf. Right now I'm happy with the direction overall.

4 Deathrite Shaman
4 Gravecrawler
4 Blood Scrivener
4 Lotleth Troll
2 Fauna Shaman
4 Geralf's Messenger
4 Demigod of Revenger

3 Raven's Crime
4 Inquisition of Kozilek
2 Abrupt Decay
1 Maelstrom Pulse

3 Liliana of the Veil

4 Marsh Flats
4 Verdant Catacombs
2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4 Woodland Cemetary
4 Overgrown Tomb
3 Swamp

While I understand that grave hate is out in mass effect I am hoping that with proper discard plays I will hit rest in peace and ect that my opponent sides in. The side board I have not put much thought to as of yet.

Davran
05-28-2013, 01:12 PM
...taking this Jund for bloodbraid elf.

Bloodbraid Elf is banned in modern.

ghostfire86
05-28-2013, 06:23 PM
Well that solves that that delemma.