PDA

View Full Version : Living End

cronos
10-03-2013, 01:44 PM
Hi,

I'm testing this version of Living End...

//Lands
4 Verdant Catacombs
4 Copperline Gorge
3 Blackcleave Cliffs
2 Overgrown Tomb
1 Blood Crypt
1 Stomping Ground
1 Forbidden Orchard
1 Forest
1 Swamp

//Creatures
4 Street Wraith
4 Monstrous Carabid
4 Deadshot Minotaur
4 Fulminator Mage
3 Simian Spirit Guide
3 Spike Feeder
2 Jungle Weaver
2 Twisted Abomination
2 Avalanche Riders
1 Shriekmaw

//Instants
4 Violent Outburst
3 Beast Within

//Sorceries
3 Living End
3 Demonic Dread

//Sideboard
SB: 4 Ricochet Trap
SB: 3 Ingot Chewer
SB: 3 Faerie Macabre
SB: 2 Krosan Grip
SB: 2 Gnaw to the Bone
SB: 1 Dismember

What do you think about it? Would you include the fourth copy of Beast Within instead of Shriekmaw? Thanks. Regards.

Phoenix Ignition
10-03-2013, 02:11 PM
Why 3 Spike Feeders main? At best that seems like a sideboard card since it's really not that great against the majority of decks out there, unless I'm missing some sort of combo.

I'd probably take those out first, if you want more Beast Within/Avalanche Riders.

cronos
10-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Why 3 Spike Feeders main?

I saw this deck (http://www.thecouncil.es/tcdecks/deck.php?id=11261&iddeck=82239) and it seemed a good idea to me. But it's truth that sometimes it's useless.

Regards.

TableTopMagic
10-07-2013, 02:02 PM
Went 4-0 yesterday Living End. Been playing it a little while now.
//Creature (26)
2 Avalanche Riders
4 Deadshot Minotaur
4 Fulminator Mage
4 Monstrous Carabid
2 Pale Recluse
2 Shriekmaw
2 Simian Spirit Guide
4 Street Wraith
2 Twisted Abomination

//Instant (10)
3 Beast Within
1 Dismember
2 Jund Charm
4 Violent Outburst

//Sorcery (6)
3 Demonic Dread
3 Living End

//Land (18)
2 Blackcleave Cliffs
2 Blood Crypt
3 Copperline Gorge
1 Dryad Arbor
1 Forest
1 Kessig Wolf Run
2 Overgrown Tomb
1 Stomping Ground
1 Swamp
4 Verdant Catacombs

SB: 2 Damping Matrix
SB: 1 Dismember
SB: 2 Faerie Macabre
SB: 4 Ingot Chewer
SB: 2 Pulse of the Dross <---Testing, didn't work well.
SB: 4 Ricochet Trap

I didn't take notes, but I will reconstruct the events as best I can.

Round One. 2-1
Vs. Purphoros Jund?
This was a interesting home brew. He used token generating creatures in the Jund colors with Purphoros, God of the Forge. The guy was kind of a DB tho. He got really angry when I used Fulminator Mage to chump block a Sprouting Thrinax then sacked it before damage. He kept going on and on about how I can't stack damage. I told him I doing it before damage. He insisted his damage still goes threw. After a the 3rd person explained it to him he let it go. Needless to say that Game one and three both ended way in my favor. Game two ended with a bad Mulligan to 5 and him hitting Purphoros along with things like Mogg War Marshal and Siege-Gang Commander.

Round two 2-1
Vs. Eggs
Yes, I guess it is still a deck. He was using the Krark-Clan Ironworks build.
Game one was as expected. Cycle, Cycle, Cycle, Cycle, BOOM!
Game two was a total mistake when I boarded. I boarded out my Jund Charms for Ingot Chewer. This new Eggs deck isn't what Eggs was when it was a Extended deck when I played it 7 years ago. My plan was to blow up Eggs to slow the deck down or force a fizzle. I should have boarded in all my Grave hate and I didn't. Total mistake and I lost game two because of it.
Game three I fixed my mistake. Lots of Cyclinging and waiting... I let him get as many Eggs on the field as I could while blowing up any lands I could. (Had to put on a good show. ;) ) Then I waited for him to go off and sacrifice all his stuff to cast Open the Vaults. Then I dropped a Jund Charm. After a award pause and reading charm a few time he kinda got sad. :( So I proceeded to Cascade next turn and win after swinging a couple times.

Round Three 2-0
Vs UWR Control
First off I hate hate hate counter control, it almost gives me anxiety..(Bad experience with the meta when I fist started playing in 2004)
Game one I though he was only UW control. Didn't see a single Mountain game one. The game was pretty straight forward. I cycled about 15-16 power into my grave, blew up two lands. Baited a counter on his turn with Violent Outburst. My turn I dropped another Violent Outburst. Blew up a few more lands and Scoop to game two.

Game Two was a similar game one except I seen some mountains and
Electrolyze punched my Dryad Arbor in the face. I tried to keep him off his single red with the LD plan since he had double Blue sources but I hit three red sources and each time him replaced it. lol I ended the game much like the first.

Round Four 2-1
Splinter Twin
Game one I opened my seven with one land, three Street Wraths, Twisted Abomination, Monstrous Carabid, Dismemberand a Violent Outburst. Then he mulliganed too five. That was a great game as to be expected. He did drop a Main boarded Blood Moon, in response I dropped my Violent Outburst. Next turn I cast a Fulminator Mage so I would have some extra beef two swing with. Off to next game.
Game two was a bad game. I mulliganed to six and thought it was a ok hand. Kinda slow, but probably better than what five would have looked like. He kept his seven, and I lost on his turn four after a Pestermite tapped one of my lands on my upkeep. Couldn't cast my Jund Charm in hand.

Game three I kept my Seven and he mulliganed too five again. Funny thing is that I had two Street Wraths, one short of the three I had game one. This game went a little longer. I couldn't pull I Violent Outburst to save my life. I did have two Demonic Dread, but no creatures. I could have left a Fulminator Mage in play, but I didn't want him to have the mana to combo off so I just waited. That paid off when he cast a Pestermite to tap down a land, giving me a creature for Demonic Dread. That was pretty much the game.

Win 4-0

In conclusion I hated Dryad Arbor all day. I always wanted a land that could tap that turn. When it came into play it died. :/
My board was on the fly and not much though into it. Pulse of the Dross was a test, but I ALWAYS had more cards than anyone else... I think I might just splash W for Sin Collector. Also I always found myself going really low on life. Most of the time was me paying for Wraths and Shocklands. I think I need to make room for a boarded Gnaw to the Bone or two. Jund Charm was a MVP in most match's. I always wanted to see it in hand.

10-10-2013, 04:01 AM
Hetrick has been playing the deck a fair bit, but his build is closer to Travis Woo's. The consistency vs. explosive argument is really meta dependent imho. SSG is very good at helping to dodge counter spells to blow up lands. If you expect a lot of UWR, that is the version I would be playing.

Here is Hetrick's list for reference. I have both versions built, but dont get in enough testing because most of the modern I play is on MODO and I don't own the deck there.

4 Blackcleave Cliffs
1 Blood Crypt
3 Copperline Gorge
2 Forest
1 Godless Shrine
1 Overgrown Tomb
1 Raging Ravine
1 Stomping Ground
1 Swamp
4 Verdant Catacombs
4 Deadshot Minotaur
4 Fulminator Mage