PDA

View Full Version : Red Devotion?

Entromancer
10-31-2013, 04:31 PM
Last year a deck called Disintegrate Deck Wins turned up in an MtgO tourney, using Koth to power up Figure of Destiny/Kargan Dragonlord. This was backed with Snow Mountains and Skred. I want to adapt that, replacing Koth with Shrine to Nykthos. This is what I've come up with:

4 Grim Lavamancer
4 Figure of Destiny
4 Ash Zealot
4 Kargan Dragonlord
4 Boggart Ram-Gang
3 Purphoros, God of the Forge
3 Thundermaw Hellkite

4 Lightning Bolt
4 Skred
2 Banefire

4 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
4 Scalding Tarn
4 Arid Mesa
12 Snow-Covered Mountain

Sideboard: 15
4 Blood Moon
3 Dismember
3 Boros Reckoner
3 Fanatic of Mogis
2 Vexing Shusher

JDK
10-31-2013, 04:43 PM
Last year a deck called Disintegrate Deck Wins turned up in an MtgO tourney, using Koth to power up Figure of Destiny/Kargan Dragonlord. This was backed with Snow Mountains and Skred. I want to adapt that, replacing Koth with Shrine to Nykthos. This is what I've come up with:

4 Grim Lavamancer
4 Figure of Destiny
4 Ash Zealot
4 Kargan Dragonlord
4 Boggart Ram-Gang
3 Purphoros, God of the Forge
3 Thundermaw Hellkite

4 Lightning Bolt
4 Skred
2 Banefire

4 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
4 Scalding Tarn
4 Arid Mesa
12 Snow-Covered Mountain

Sideboard: 15
4 Blood Moon
3 Dismember
3 Boros Reckoner
3 Fanatic of Mogis
2 Vexing Shusher

added card-tags...

Zupponn
10-31-2013, 05:50 PM
Is Boggart Ram-Gang better than Boros Reckoner? I know you get haste with the Gang, but the Wither seems muchless useful than the Reckoner's damage redirection. I mean, you could always redirect Skred damage to the face for the last points of damage, plus it makes them less willing to attack into it.

YamiJoey
10-31-2013, 07:34 PM
BTE makes this deck for me. She should be here.

ScatmanX
10-31-2013, 07:54 PM
Nyktos might be able to power out Demigod of Revenge too?
Think there are better cards to run over Tundermaw.

Don't think BTE is worth it. the G mana created really sucks here.

Entromancer
10-31-2013, 09:26 PM
I don't like BTE in this deck, as you'd have to wait to get a second copy in hand for her ability to be any good. I guess you would run Vexing Shusher or even Stormblood Berserker with her if you can consistently push through damage, but you're getting more Devotion from Zealot/Dragonlord, plus an outlet in the Dragonlord. Reckoner might be better mained over the Boggarts. Any older incarnation of the deck (which didn't include Ash Zealot) ran Demigod of Revenge in the 5-drop slot, with Faithless Looting.

Alternatively, you could also lose Purphoros for Boros Reckoner mainboard, with your Devotion outlets being Banefire/Figure/Dragonlord/5-Drop of choice. I imagine Ember Swallower is too slow for Modern. Would Stormbreath Dragon be a better 5-drop than Thundermaw Hellkite?