PDA

View Full Version : What deck do you reccomend for me?

iAdrii
03-10-2014, 02:57 PM
Hi, i would ask what deck should i play to beat a TarmoTwin - UWR Metagame, the price isnt a problem. The only thing is that i dont want to own Tarmos bcause in other formats i wont play tarmos ever so its the only con. Thank for your helping :)

JDK
03-11-2014, 07:43 AM
You could go for Tron. UW and GR have a decent MU against blue based control. Another possibility is Affinity, if you are good at it.
Storm is okay too. You will win G1 and have a hard time G2/3, but Blood Moon and Defense Grid help.
Blue Moon is obviously also good against 3-color decks.

iAdrii
03-11-2014, 12:53 PM
Thanks, ive played storm for 4 months and im a bit tired of it, i dont like much affinity, i think i would test blue moon. Thank you very much ;)

Enviado desde mi Orange Daytona mediante Tapatalk

Quasim0ff
03-12-2014, 06:38 AM
Blue moon is surprisingly poor against tarmo-twin.

However, it just shits on UWR, as UWR's main win condition is celestial colonnade.

Arsenal
03-12-2014, 11:46 AM
To be fair, it isn't really Blue Moon as a whole, it's 99.9% the card Blood Moon. I mean, pretty much any deck that resolves Blood Moon against UWR Control will win unless the UWR Control lucksacks his way into all of his basics + his 1-2 SB Wear/Tear (that he may not have even boarded in).

JPoJohnson
03-12-2014, 11:50 AM
To be fair, it isn't really Blue Moon as a whole, it's 99.9% the card Blood Moon. I mean, pretty much any deck that resolves Blood Moon against UWR Control will win unless the UWR Control lucksacks his way into all of his basics + his 1-2 SB Wear/Tear (that he may not have even boarded in).

You'd be surprised how much work Spreading Seas does at keeping decks off of a certain color.

Arsenal
03-12-2014, 12:05 PM
You'd be surprised how much work Spreading Seas does at keeping decks off of a certain color.

Oh I know, we have a couple Merfolk players every week at FNM. Seas can definitely be annoying, but it is nowhere near as game-ending as a resolved Blood Moon against UWR Control.

iAdrii
03-12-2014, 12:54 PM
And someting against tarmotwin?

JPoJohnson
03-12-2014, 03:16 PM
And someting against tarmotwin?

Unfortunately I would probably say UWR Control.

Tarmo-Twin is a great aggro deck and combo deck. With it's two-pronged attack style it's hard to shut it down, simply control it as it's essentially Goodstuff.dec with an Oops I win combo in it.

Arsenal
03-12-2014, 04:57 PM
UWR Control nuts all flavors of Twin pretty hard. BGx also nuts Twin pretty hard too, and goes about 40/60 against UWR Control now that DRS has been banned; I'd say that was more 50/50 with DRS around.

JPoJohnson
03-12-2014, 06:00 PM
UWR Control nuts all flavors of Twin pretty hard. BGx also nuts Twin pretty hard too, and goes about 40/60 against UWR Control now that DRS has been banned; I'd say that was more 50/50 with DRS around.

I would say BGx nuts tempo twin decently so, but I would say all-in twin stomps all over it.

JDK
03-12-2014, 06:51 PM
All-in-Twin was 50:50 at best against Jund pre-ban. No nuts at all.