PDA

View Full Version : Potentially Bad Deck Ideas - Blue Card Monte

zMaverick
03-27-2015, 01:40 PM
This is a silly little pet project I've been brewing for some time. I recently got a chance to start playtesting it thanks to my local store doing weekly proxy vintage tournaments. I have very little Vintage experience outside of Cockatrice, otherwise.

Anyways, I love combo decks that try to win turn 1. Two Card Monte (http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/standard/18785-The-Long-Winding-Road-Introducing-Two-Card-Monte-A-Vintage-Primer.html) (link goes to the SCG article on the deck) is probably my favorite deck of all time. I don't love how it folds to FoW in a format where nearly every deck plays blue, so I thought I'd try for a less all-in approach with permission added.

Here's the current decklist:

1 Ancestral Recall
1 Ancient Tomb
1 Black Lotus
1 Brainstorm
1 Demonic Tutor
3 Flusterstorm
4 Force of Will
3 Grindstone
4 Helm of Obedience
1 Island
4 Leyline of the Void
1 Mana Crypt
4 Mana Drain
1 Mana Vault
2 Mishra's Workshop
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mox Jet
1 Mox Pearl
1 Mox Ruby
1 Mox Sapphire
3 Painter's Servant
4 Polluted Delta
1 Ponder
1 Sol Ring
1 Swamp
2 Tezzeret the Seeker
1 Thirst for Knowledge
1 Time Walk
1 Timetwister
1 Tinker
1 Tolarian Academy
4 Underground Sea
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1 Yawgmoth's Will

Sideboard:
X Grafdigger's Cage
X Toxic Deluge
X Hurkyl's Recall
X Stuff
X Things

The deck still has the ability to win T1 (with FoW/Flusterstorm backup :D) but in my testing I've found that I just get really bad hands that don't do anything and then I lose to Snapcaster beatdown...

Does anyone have any opinions? Should I just be playing Two Card Monte without permission? Am I better off posting this on TMD?