PDA

View Full Version : New Modern/Legacy show

Mapson
02-14-2016, 12:52 PM
Hi guys. Some friends and I are starting a youtube channel to talk about modern and legacy. We recently posted out first video to youtube and I'm just trying to boost the signal. This episode focuses on modern after the pro tour and how it would have been different if splinter twin was still legal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IJeb1SYz6Y

Thanks for watching. Please let me know any feedback you might have.

Echelon
02-16-2016, 03:45 AM
Hi guys. Some friends and I are starting a youtube channel to talk about modern and legacy. We recently posted out first video to youtube and I'm just trying to boost the signal. This episode focuses on modern after the pro tour and how it would have been different if splinter twin was still legal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IJeb1SYz6Y

Thanks for watching. Please let me know any feedback you might have.

I'm sorry to say this, but focussing on how something might have been different if something hadn't been banned has no relevance whatsoever. You're probably better off focusing on things like why the deck that won the protour did win it. Look at metagame breakdowns, decktechs and so on. Were there rogue decks in the tournament that performed well, that type of thing. If there was, how could it be tweaked to take down the next PT.

I think that'd be far more interesting than "If pigs could fly, we wouldn't need trucks to take them to the slaughterhouse".

snorlaxcom
02-16-2016, 08:36 PM
I'm sorry to say this, but focussing on how something might have been different if something hadn't been banned has no relevance whatsoever. You're probably better off focusing on things like why the deck that won the protour did win it. Look at metagame breakdowns, decktechs and so on. Were there rogue decks in the tournament that performed well, that type of thing. If there was, how could it be tweaked to take down the next PT.

I think that'd be far more interesting than "If pigs could fly, we wouldn't need trucks to take them to the slaughterhouse".

+1 or use the banning as a springboard for a broader topic in competive magic. Talking points could explore these bannings to stimulate sales of new product to market in modern (not just t2 events), since wotc marketing has always sucked ballsack for its competitive environment or talk about bannings as a way to rotate the format without calling it Extended again because of certain strategies that are outright noncompetitive or talk about bannings regularity and the input the competitive community has on them if any or if we can expect these bannings to continuely neuter staple decks in the future and what we can gain from seeing this patern. Does this have carryover to Legacy if wotc ever gave legacy a second look or is it impending doom for brainstorm/fow?Just a thought, but think bigger picture.