PDA

View Full Version : [Primer] Eldrazi Stompy

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

Noloam_
07-28-2016, 01:46 AM
i think the deck doesnt need any innovation at all. It only needs the right sideboard for the right meta

if it aint broke, dont try to fix it

drude1
07-29-2016, 11:30 AM
So, I am still playing around with a white version of the deck and stumbled across an interesting combo of displacer + containment priest. creatures get blinked out permanently. So for people playing white just realize it is another good form of creature removal at your disposal. Also, I've been playing with monoliths for a little while now and think they are fantastic. Really accelerates into the fatties and is good insurance against blood moon (for full disclosure I was playing painter against somebody on line who had them and I got wrecked even with blood moon out so I stole the idea from them. Can't remember who it was but you probably know who you are).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the_falsehate
07-29-2016, 12:41 PM
So, I am still playing around with a white version of the deck and stumbled across an interesting combo of displacer + containment priest. creatures get blinked out permanently. So for people playing white just realize it is another good form of creature removal at your disposal. Also, I've been playing with monoliths for a little while now and think they are fantastic. Really accelerates into the fatties and is good insurance against blood moon (for full disclosure I was playing painter against somebody on line who had them and I got wrecked even with blood moon out so I stole the idea from them. Can't remember who it was but you probably know who you are).

One of the things I like about the UW Eldrazi by list Marc Camo Forment is that with the Tundras and Adakar Wastes, running Will of the Council in the sideboard would be possible, as True-Named Nemesis has truly been my nemesis in my local meta. For a big event I would run colorless, but for my local meta if I can pick up another Tundra this list seems like a good choice.

maraxusofkelds
07-29-2016, 01:17 PM

Containment priest is kinda clunky maindeck and more of a sideboard. If you want repeatable creature kill though, look at the white eldrazi list that the BOM winner used. He ran basilisk collar to pair up with endbringers, which is far more organic and useful than containment priests.

mcbain
07-29-2016, 04:16 PM
Way to go noloam!

Especially impressive since everyone knew exactly what you were on.

Nice job on crushing delver and miracles all day. Would love a sideboard breakdown and if you would change anything.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

LeaPlath
07-30-2016, 09:59 AM
So folks, how are you playing Endless One?

Currently I'm rushing out a turn 1 2/2 versus Miracles, Infect, and combo decks. Basically any deck where I need to apply pressure.

Where as in match ups where they have a ton of chumps, or trades like RUG, Elves etc, I tend to sandbag them to trigger Mimic or for 6/6s and 8/8s.

What is the ideal way to play?

Noloam_
07-30-2016, 01:44 PM
Way to go noloam!

Especially impressive since everyone knew exactly what you were on.

Nice job on crushing delver and miracles all day. Would love a sideboard breakdown and if you would change anything.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

thanks man! yes but most of them were playing the same decks as in the leagues. i always change my sideboard strategy on page 36. it is up to date :)

Noloam_
07-30-2016, 01:45 PM
So folks, how are you playing Endless One?

Currently I'm rushing out a turn 1 2/2 versus Miracles, Infect, and combo decks. Basically any deck where I need to apply pressure.

Where as in match ups where they have a ton of chumps, or trades like RUG, Elves etc, I tend to sandbag them to trigger Mimic or for 6/6s and 8/8s.

What is the ideal way to play?

i almost always run it out as a 2/2 early game. except for miracles/mavrick and other slow decks

jimmythegreek
07-31-2016, 07:54 PM
Does anyone have any experience with all is dust as a one of main? Seems like when we start to fall behind it's extremely difficult to come back and all is dust is one way to climb out of that hole. I was thinking of cutting an end bringer as I run two main.

Witch_king_of_angmar
08-01-2016, 10:26 AM
Does anyone have any experience with all is dust as a one of main? Seems like when we start to fall behind it's extremely difficult to come back and all is dust is one way to climb out of that hole. I was thinking of cutting an end bringer as I run two main.

I have seen a list with one maindeck all is dust, at one of the giga bites quarterly tournaments. The guy top decked it against miracles, blew up a jace and went on to win a close game. I dont think the deck minds having a sweeper; main deck ratchet bomb or nev disk could both be decent "just in case" cards. Not related, but has anyone considered reclamation sage as a blink target for displacer? Infinite enchantment/artifact removal seems good. Ive run it in modern 'drazi, not bad.

Noloam_
08-01-2016, 04:17 PM
guys please......

Noloam_
08-03-2016, 05:44 AM
today i 5-0'ed with a small adjustment -1 urborg + 1 wasteland. I was really fed up with drawing both vs miracles. MODO has to much miracles. You cant afford drawing blank eyes AND a blank urborg. I dont see too much burn lately, i think i will stick with this.

PhilLesh
08-04-2016, 12:03 PM
Hey all, been playing Eldrazi in various configs for a while now. Love the deck and have followed the thread for a few months now. Thanks to everyone who has contributed. I tried out a new build and went 4-1 in the first try. I think there is a lot of potential power somewhere in this mix and would love to hear others' thoughts.

2-1 vs. Reanimator
1-2 vs. Shardless
2-0 vs. Infect
2-0 vs. Sneak and Show
2-1 vs. Grixis Delver

Decklist:
4x Adarkar Wastes
4x Ancient Tomb
4x Cavern of Souls
4x Eldrazi Temple
4x Eye of Ugin
2x Karakas
3x Tundra
3x Lotus Petal
3x Stoneforge Mystic
3x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
1x Umezawa's Jitte
3x Eldrazi Displacer
3x Thalia, Heretic Cathar
4x Eldrazi Skyspawner
4x Thought-Knot Seer
4x Reality Smasher
1x Batterskull
2x Elder Deep-Fiend
4x Chalice of the Void

Sideboard:
1x Karakas
4x Spatial Contortion
2x Dismember
4x Mindbreak Trap
4x Endbringer

My Thoughts: New Thalia was great and had more interactions than I had originally envisioned. She's great against Sneak Attack, as their creature enters tapped and can't attack :) Stops Ichorid from attacking and makes zombies come in tapped. The heavier white allows for more Karakas which can help shore up Reanimator and SnT. Displacer didn't impress me much. Stoneforge was okay, but not super exciting either. Old Thalia was solid. Deep Fiend only appear in hand once or twice during, but it did lock down infect when they had lethal and allowed me to swing back for the win which was sweet! Mindbreak Trap didn't come in at all, and I realized during the first game of round 1 I hadn't put in any graveyard hate...got there though!

I think there are a lot of ways to tweak and adjust the above list (especially sideboard, which is really rough atm). The deck felt powerful and strong, especially against the matchups I had previously struggled with (SnT and Infect have been troublesome for my colorless build). I definitely want to find room for some Rest in Peace in SB. The deck definitely needs more test runs and tuning, and I would love to hear others' thoughts. Cheers!

maraxusofkelds
08-04-2016, 12:28 PM
Recently won a 2k legacy tournament in the Bay Area called Versus Games State Champ.

6 rounds swiss, then top 8

Running a modified list of white eldrazi

Swiss
R1 Death n taxes - Standard DnT matchup. Don't remember much except I thot knotted his jitte over swords to plowshares one game. Let him eat the removal so that I could just flood board. Dropped displacer and it met a revoker. Followed up with endbringer and got the scoop. New thalia was annoying but luckily I had karakas in play. Repeated bouncing forced him to use up his precious vial activations. 2-0
R2 12 post - Won game 1 by dropping chalice on 1. Locked out his candles, rotations, and maps and thot knotted his prime time away. G2 he punted. I dropped eye 2 mimics. T2 matter reshaper. He played show n tell on his t3 and dropped prime time. I put world breaker in. He got greedy and took 2 cloudposts with 1 already in play instead of getting a chasm or maze. My t3 I play tomb smasher and swung for lethal. 2-0
R3 Loam Pox - Such a hard fought game. Hardest opponent of swiss. Don't remember much about it but it was drawn out. Reality smashers killing Liliana is pretty good. Wasteland is so mvp here. Won 2-1 but barely.
R4 Colorless Eldrazi - I went first game 1. I dropped thought knot t2 and hit his smasher. He ends up powering a 7/7 endless one. I follow his turn with my own 7/7 endless one. He swings I don't block. Go to 5. Play jitte onto thought knot and swing. Win game off counters after that. G2 I drop an endbringer at some point and start drawing tons of cards. I sandbag a displacer until he starts playing endless ones late game and just win from there. 2-0
R5 ID
R6 ID

Went 4-0 in Swiss with tiebreakers over everyone, so I drew my final 2 rounds to get into top 8. Competition was pretty fierce so nobody else went 5-0 or better. The 1 seed ended up having 5-1 so I went in as 2 seed into the top 8

Top 8
R1 - Show n tell Luckily he wasn't playing the omni tell variant. Lost game 1 when he show n telled emrakul. I got endbringer into play so I slowed him down, except my only land That i drew was a tomb all game. Ended up killing myself by using the can't atk ability. G2 I luckily drew karakas, warping wail, and displacer in my opener. G3 Was thought knot doing thought knot things. 2-1
Semi - Turbo Depths - He had a godlike opener. My t1 was mimic. His t1 was urborg into needle naming wasteland. I followed up with a t2 thought knot hitting a hexmage. He had a t2 hexmage + marit ready for his t2. Thank god for thot knot. G2 I got the ol god hand of t1 mimic t2 thought knot t3 smasher. Had a karakas in play as well. Not much he could do with Karakas ready to bounce marit lage at all times..
Finals - Loam Pox - Another game 1 loss. Same opponent from swiss. G1 I don't even remember much of, but I scooped cuz he waste land tabernacle locked me. Left me my eye. How nice. G2 was more of the same. I opened with leyline of the void to shut off his loam and drop a t1 chalice. He wastelanded my tomb and temple and left eye up later. Abrupt decayed my chalice. Followed up with an eot crop rotation into tabernacle at some point and cleared my entire board. We play draw go for about 10 turn with him having a sensei top on board and i sandbag lands, even discarding thought knot and an endbringer to go down to 7. I never played my lands out immediately during this time because I wanted him to prioritize finding business and shuffle away wastelands when he thinks Ive been locked out. I finally draw into a wasteland to hit his tabernacle before he could maelstorm pulse away my leyline away. Luckily I played mimic + thought knot after to hit his loam in hand. He was low on life at this point so he chose to crack 2 fetches and play a gurmag angler out to get blocks. Luckily, I kept 2 dismembers in hand cuz I knew he had anglers and was able to go for the win with a second wasteland on his maze of ith + dismember. Couldn't believe I won that game. G3 I kept a slow opener, but it had a wasteland and a sol land. I think I played a chalice for 1 and he played maze of ith. I just slowly built up my board and held back my wasteland until I was ready to kill him. Luckily he mostly drew mana lands so I was able to get the win in. I had displacer ready for any marit lages.

Noloam_
08-04-2016, 01:45 PM
sounds great guys! keep me posted

maraxusofkelds
08-04-2016, 02:13 PM
The biggest change Ive noted is that I removed all spirit guides from my deck. Going forward into more fair metas, powering out a threat or chalice gives you the occasional blowout, but fair metas involve decks with more counterspells or better attrition that will wear you out. Spirit guiding or petaling is great unless the card you play gets countered or the creature gets removed. If you are lucky enough to draw them in your opener that is. The other half is that they are incredibly dead topdecks and leave you with a board state where you cannot close games out. Spirit guides are good in a daze/delver heavy meta. The eldrazi taxes and even the heavier mid range version Anton played in BoM is indicative of the change necessary going forward moving from explosiveness to consistency of having a higher threat density.

On another note, the new thalia would be amazing in an Eldrazi build if we can somehow work it in. Eldrazi taxes can slot it in reliably. Not sure if white eldrazi somehow can. new thalia means that you get an extra turn to free swing and go for their face anytime they play a creature, which helps this deck sneak through and close out crucial games before they stabilize. It gets around the age old issues of baleful strix, ramped out creatures, and 5/6 gofys.

Barook
08-04-2016, 02:42 PM
Running a modified list of white eldrazi
Can you post your list? I need to get back to the game after a break for several weeks.

maraxusofkelds
08-04-2016, 02:56 PM
Can you post your list? I need to get back to the game after a break for several weeks.

4x Endless One
4x Eldrazi Mimic
3x Eldrazi Displacer
4x Matter Reshaper
4x Thought Knot Seer
4x Reality Smasher
2x Endbringer
4x Chalice of the Void
1x Thorn of Amethyst
2x Umezawa's Jitte
1x Dismember
2x Warping Wail
2x Brushland
2x Karakas
1x Urborg Tomb of Yawgmoth
2x Wasteland
2x City of Traitors
4x Eye of Ugin
4x Eldrazi Temple
4x Ancient Tomb
4x Cavern of Souls

Sideboard
4x Leyline of the Void
2x All is Dust
2x Ratchet Bomb <--------------------- If we ever see a colorless artifact or enchantment removal be it in creature or artifact form and costs 4 or less, this is where it will go
2x Thorn of Amethyst
1x Dismember
1x Warping Wail
1x Basilisk Collar
1x Endbringer
1x Worldbreaker

Eldrazi is extremely mana hungry so I didn't casually use wasteland. I pretty much saved them to hit problem lands like maze, chasm, and tabernacle and used it like a regular land otherwise vs most decks. Only after I established a strong board position or had a creature + chalice on 1 or thorn would I blow up mana lands.

say no to scurvy
08-05-2016, 12:06 PM
Split the top 8 in a 59-player 5K last weekend, my list was identical to this one:

http://www.tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=21156&iddeck=161856

R1 Esper Mentor 2-1 - G1 His deck looked like miracles, he didn't let on he was playing swamps. He played tops and closed out the game with mentor. I boarded out wrong and boarded out spatial contortions and warping wails for dismembers. G2 we traded and I had the better long game through eye of ugined smashers. I put back in the warping wails and spatial contortions. G3 I had the early chalice on 1 and he didn't have the counter.

R2 Miracles 2-0 - G1 I had chalice on 1 and he declined to force the eventual chalice on 3, and regretted it later when he drew his mentor. G2 He eventually had both back to basics and moat out, but I had endbringer out and he was at 3. I actually forgot to untap the endbringer during his turn once, but it didn't matter as he failed to draw any removal.

R3 Merfolk 2-0 - G1 I was at 10 life when I passed the turn, he had 2 TNNs and a phantasmal image on TNN. He played a lord and swung for 12, but I had the spatial contortion and won on the crack back. G2 he built up an army of TNNs, but didn't have the counter for the all is dust.

R4 BUG depths 2-0 - G1 he mulled to 4 and had no gas after he was thought-knotted. G2 He T1 duressed my chalice, but I was able to pick apart his hand with T2 thought-knot. I was able to warping wail a hexmage and overran him.

R5 Post 1-2 - I was paired down and had to play. G1 he had too much gas despite me wasting his first 2 lands. He was able to stick a propaganda and sylvan library, overloaded a cyclonic rift, and emrakuled me out. G2 I had a mid-game chalice on 2 and was able to dodge any propagandas. G3 I mulled to 4 and he had an early pithing needle when I had 1 wasteland in hand and drew another one. He had turn 4 ulamog.

R6 ID - I later learned he was on sneak, whew!

T8 split

Noloam_
08-05-2016, 04:11 PM
i have no clue why people still play the metamorphs. i see no universe, where you whould prefer those over endbringer. Endbringer is just so ridiculous

Barook
08-05-2016, 05:37 PM
4x Endless One
4x Eldrazi Mimic
3x Eldrazi Displacer
4x Matter Reshaper
4x Thought Knot Seer
4x Reality Smasher
2x Endbringer
4x Chalice of the Void
1x Thorn of Amethyst
2x Umezawa's Jitte
1x Dismember
2x Warping Wail
2x Brushland
2x Karakas
1x Urborg Tomb of Yawgmoth
2x Wasteland
2x City of Traitors
4x Eye of Ugin
4x Eldrazi Temple
4x Ancient Tomb
4x Cavern of Souls

Sideboard
4x Leyline of the Void
2x All is Dust
2x Ratchet Bomb <--------------------- If we ever see a colorless artifact or enchantment removal be it in creature or artifact form and costs 4 or less, this is where it will go
2x Thorn of Amethyst
1x Dismember
1x Warping Wail
1x Basilisk Collar
1x Endbringer
1x Worldbreaker

Eldrazi is extremely mana hungry so I didn't casually use wasteland. I pretty much saved them to hit problem lands like maze, chasm, and tabernacle and used it like a regular land otherwise vs most decks. Only after I established a strong board position or had a creature + chalice on 1 or thorn would I blow up mana lands.
I might give it a spin soonish (except for the MD Thorn, I would rather have a second Dismember), but I'm kinda busy with moving into my new apartment for the next few weeks.

Even while running only 3 Displacers, only 8 white sources seems kinda low. How did it work out for you? I'm tempted to replace the 4th Eye with a 3rd Brushland. And how did the Collar perform for you?

maraxusofkelds
08-05-2016, 08:18 PM
I might give it a spin soonish (except for the MD Thorn, I would rather have a second Dismember), but I'm kinda busy with moving into my new apartment for the next few weeks.

Even while running only 3 Displacers, only 8 white sources seems kinda low. How did it work out for you? I'm tempted to replace the 4th Eye with a 3rd Brushland. And how did the Collar perform for you?

I actually never ran into a problem with white sources on only 3 displacers. I ran into it the issue more often when I ran 4 displacers however. In an unknown meta or in later rounds when I expect delver/miracles/counter heavy decks, I prioritize keeping a hand with a sol land + cavern as much as a dual sol land hand, which naturally means anytime I draw into a displacer I would be able to play it. The few times I have had displacer in an opener I kept without the colored sources to be able to cast it (maybe like 3% of the time), it didn't matter anyway cuz the hand was strong enough that it didn't matter (such as with t2 thought knots).

Basilisk collar has been incredible in the matchups I bring it in. I bring it in vs all delver variants because it allows me to completely ignore delvers in the air because I can just outrace people with it. I usually cast it either after they have countered my chalice on 1 or on t1 if I do not have a better t1 play such as a mimic. If chalice gets countered, I can play this later and just outrace them. It makes matter reshapers into incredible value machines when they have to bolt it to slow down the life gain. I also bring it in vs decks that tend to wall us off with big gofys like shardless or late game creature grind fair decks with KOTR. It turns every single creature of ours into a threat that they cant just run over. People usually save their abrupt decays for endless ones and displacers, which means the collar gets to put in more work. The big payoff is with endbringer though, which also happens to be great in those mid range grindy fair decks where collar already makes your creatures trade well in. Getting both in play has pretty much won every game it happened in. Collar has also been great in the mirror. It means their reality smasher and thot knots cant freely attack into my weaker board, while I can stabilize and draw into my own big threats. The life gain is also great for trading.

I don't know about running two though. I know Anton ran 2 when he recently won a BoM. Drawing it in multiples feels extremely clunky, even moreso than drawing into two jittes because at least you know one of the jitte will eventually eat a decay.

Having 4 eyes feels absolutely mandatory. If you have two in your opener with another sol land, it means you can drop an eye t1 without fearing wasteland. It either eats a wasteland from your other sol lands or you know you can go into a t2 thought knot, double reshaper or t3 reality smasher. I also run a single urborg just to get more use out of it.

Witch_king_of_angmar
08-06-2016, 02:48 PM
I actually never ran into a problem with white sources on only 3 displacers. I ran into it the issue more often when I ran 4 displacers however. In an unknown meta or in later rounds when I expect delver/miracles/counter heavy decks, I prioritize keeping a hand with a sol land + cavern as much as a dual sol land hand, which naturally means anytime I draw into a displacer I would be able to play it. The few times I have had displacer in an opener I kept without the colored sources to be able to cast it (maybe like 3% of the time), it didn't matter anyway cuz the hand was strong enough that it didn't matter (such as with t2 thought knots).

Basilisk collar has been incredible in the matchups I bring it in. I bring it in vs all delver variants because it allows me to completely ignore delvers in the air because I can just outrace people with it. I usually cast it either after they have countered my chalice on 1 or on t1 if I do not have a better t1 play such as a mimic. If chalice gets countered, I can play this later and just outrace them. It makes matter reshapers into incredible value machines when they have to bolt it to slow down the life gain. I also bring it in vs decks that tend to wall us off with big gofys like shardless or late game creature grind fair decks with KOTR. It turns every single creature of ours into a threat that they cant just run over. People usually save their abrupt decays for endless ones and displacers, which means the collar gets to put in more work. The big payoff is with endbringer though, which also happens to be great in those mid range grindy fair decks where collar already makes your creatures trade well in. Getting both in play has pretty much won every game it happened in. Collar has also been great in the mirror. It means their reality smasher and thot knots cant freely attack into my weaker board, while I can stabilize and draw into my own big threats. The life gain is also great for trading.

I don't know about running two though. I know Anton ran 2 when he recently won a BoM. Drawing it in multiples feels extremely clunky, even moreso than drawing into two jittes because at least you know one of the jitte will eventually eat a decay.

Having 4 eyes feels absolutely mandatory. If you have two in your opener with another sol land, it means you can drop an eye t1 without fearing wasteland. It either eats a wasteland from your other sol lands or you know you can go into a t2 thought knot, double reshaper or t3 reality smasher. I also run a single urborg just to get more use out of it.

Im back on colorless, but for a while i was doing the white splash with 8 land sources and 3 lotus petal. Like yourself, i only ran 3 displacer, as the second didnt do anything and the chances of drawing 2 and not being able to cast one was less. I felt like 11-12 sources was good, but have seen people run less and get away with it, so i guess its up to preference. Nowadays im running a couple of crystal veins to up the sol count and relying on endbringer to deal with creatures instead; the initial investment is higher, but it has a similar effect for only one mana (or zero if using the ping), and i can run more wastelands in the slot of koilos/brushland/what have you. I am eager to try the new thalia though.

drude1
08-08-2016, 12:37 PM
R3 Merfolk 2-0 - G1 I was at 10 life when I passed the turn, he had 2 TNNs and a phantasmal image on TNN. He played a lord and swung for 12, but I had the spatial contortion and won on the crack back. G2 he built up an army of TNNs, but didn't have the counter for the all is dust.

I'm confused by this, if he had 3 TNN, what good was Spatial Contortion? Even if one is a Phantasmal Image, it still can't be targeted by anything you control.

maurobad2k4
08-08-2016, 12:51 PM
I'm confused by this, if he had 3 TNN, what good was Spatial Contortion? Even if one is a Phantasmal Image, it still can't be targeted by anything you control.

Spatial kills the lord, not the TNNs. So is 9 damage total instead of 12.

drude1
08-08-2016, 01:21 PM
Oh, missed some of the details. Makes more sense.

Noloam_
08-08-2016, 02:38 PM
do you guys have any idea about how to board against grixis delver? i discussed this issue with riehu. but i still keep losing to much. What do you board out and what do you bring in?

drude1
08-08-2016, 03:54 PM
do you guys have any idea about how to board against grixis delver? i discussed this issue with riehu. but i still keep losing to much. What do you board out and what do you bring in?

The only thing I can say about the matchup playing it a lot online is that we can go over the top if we can have consistent mana. I've recently been playing with 26 mana and 3 grim monolith and my win percentage is much improved. All is Dust is still back breaking for them as it answers all of their threats. The biggest way that I was losing the MU was by them dropping early threats and keeping me off mana with wastelands. I am also playing a white version of the deck and board into two stoneforge, batterskull, jitte and collar so I usually have some decent life gain to keep in the game until I take over.

Noloam_
08-09-2016, 02:39 AM
The only thing I can say about the matchup playing it a lot online is that we can go over the top if we can have consistent mana. I've recently been playing with 26 mana and 3 grim monolith and my win percentage is much improved. All is Dust is still back breaking for them as it answers all of their threats. The biggest way that I was losing the MU was by them dropping early threats and keeping me off mana with wastelands. I am also playing a white version of the deck and board into two stoneforge, batterskull, jitte and collar so I usually have some decent life gain to keep in the game until I take over.

yes stoneforge should be insane in that match. but do you really board in AID? i have already trouble with casing really smasher past a wasteland and daze

maraxusofkelds
08-09-2016, 03:28 AM
I bring in ratchet bomb to kill flipped delvers exclusively, warping wail to kill whatever I can, and basilisk collar to race them with life gain. I personally bring in thorn of amethyst (though I know some ppl disagree with that). They can counter or daze it all they want, but that just means they cant free counter spell our shit or make a billion tokens with young pyromancer anymore.

On the draw, I dont prioritize keeping chalice hands. They either counter it too easily or even worse, play delver then counter. Even landing a chalice on 1 isnt a blowout vs grixis like the other delvers since they can win on the backs of young pyro through chalice and wasteland.

Barook
08-09-2016, 05:21 AM
Can you post a list? I have a hard time to imagine how a list with 26 lands + 3 Grim Monoliths + SB SFM would look like, especially a working one, due to white requirements. Uncastable SFMs aren't that sexy. I'm interested because I did like the Xenoblade plan when I was testing it and only stopped using it to streamline my version by dropping the white non-Eldrazi cards. But the meta has changed, so the situation might be different now.

Noc2
08-09-2016, 09:12 AM
What do you guys think about Manipulate Fate + Eternal Scourge? It might be a good card draw engine.

Barook
08-09-2016, 02:13 PM
What do you guys think about Manipulate Fate + Eternal Scourge? It might be a good card draw engine.
Blue noncreature non-Eldrazi mana sounds too hard to be achievable.

adrieng
08-09-2016, 03:00 PM
I am testing a mix between drazi and dark depth seems ok and I want it to share i whith you if you have ideas to improve it.
I do like collective brutality it is tempo advantage and can give your dead duplicate or uncastable crop (urborg, eye, depth etc...) a way to be cycled.

4 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4 Dark Depths
4 Thespian's Stage
4 Llanowar Wastes
2 City of Traitors
3 Eye of Ugin
4 Eldrazi Temple

4 Crop Rotation
4 Vampire Hexmage

3 Expedition Map
4 Pithing Needle

4 Collective Brutality

4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Reality Smasher
4 Endless One
4 Eldrazi Mimic

SB: 2 Krosan Grip
SB: 1 Bojuka Bog
SB: 3 Surgical Extraction
SB: 2 Chalice of the Void
SB: 1 Wastes
SB: 1 Forest
SB: 2 Abrupt Decay
SB: 1 Maze of Ith
SB: 2 Duress
1 Marit Lage

Yup the test was a fail. I did some playtest and it wasn't good. Sorry if I posted here I am trying things.

Whitefaces
08-10-2016, 05:17 AM
Why would you combine these plans together? They do totally different things :eyebrow:

Noloam_
08-10-2016, 09:10 AM
indeed

drude1
08-11-2016, 12:57 AM
@barook: Here's the list I'm currently playing:

// Lands
4 Cavern of Souls
4 Ancient Tomb
2 City of Traitors
4 Eldrazi Temple
3 Wasteland
3 Eye of Ugin
2 Karakas
3 Plains
1 (Plains or Vesuva or other white producing land or Mox Diamond)

// Creatures
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Reality Smasher
3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
1 Stoneforge Mystic
3 Eldrazi Displacer
4 Eldrazi Mimic
2 Endbringer
1 Ulamog

// Spells
4 Chalice of the Void
2 Warping Wail
1 Umezawa's Jitte
1 All Is Dust
3 Grim Monolith
1 Batterskull

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [WWK] Stoneforge Mystic
SB: 1 [WWK] Basilisk Collar
SB: 2 [M11] War Priest of Thune
SB: 2 [C14] Containment Priest
SB: 2 [DS] Trinisphere
SB: 1 [ROE] All Is Dust
SB: 2 [MMA] Faerie Macabre
SB: 2 [SOM] Ratchet Bomb
SB: 2 [MBS] Phyrexian Revoker

Right now I'm playing the 26th land as vesuva. I'm not sure that's right though. I haven't had a huge amount of trouble casting stoneforge or any other white creature. Having said that, I did get rid of all white non-creature cards in the SB as only white sources (not including Caverns) are not reasonable enough to sustain these cards.

@ Noloam: yeah, between 26 lands and 3 monoliths, I typically don't have a huge problem hitting AID mana. It is high on the curve but so worth it as it totally blows them out if it doesn't get countered.

Tcpdump
08-11-2016, 02:27 AM
Hello, I've been using this deck for quite some time, now I'm trying to use both Thalias, especially the new version more tsabo's web, I know that is not the best list but I like the lock and what you can bring vs lands that break us tsabo like wastelands, ports, fetchlands lock, stage, mandlands, etc. this is the list:

Creatures (23)

2 Stoneforge Mystic
3 Phyrexian Revoker
2 Thalia, Heretic Cathar
3 Eldrazi Displacer
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Reality Smasher
2 Endbringer

Spells (13)

2 Mox Diamond
4 Chalice of the Void
1 Thorn of Amethyst
1 Umezawa's Jitte
2 Tsabo's Web
2 Dismember
1 Batterskull

Lands (24)

1 Eye of Ugin
1 Karakas
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
3 Cavern of Souls
3 City of Traitors
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Eldrazi Temple
7 Plains

Sideboard (15)
1 Cavern of Souls
1 Containment Priest
1 Sun Droplet
1 Thorn of Amethyst
1 Tsabo's Web
2 Disenchant
2 Rest in Peace
2 Warping Wail
3 Ratchet Bomb
1 All Is Dust

ESG
08-11-2016, 05:45 AM
I am testing a mix between drazi and dark depth seems ok and I want it to share i whith you if you have ideas to improve it.
Yup the test was a fail. I did some playtest and it wasn't good. Sorry if I posted here I am trying things.

Enthusiasm is good, but it's usually better to test things first and then post if your results are promising.

keys
08-11-2016, 08:46 AM
Hello, I've been using this deck for quite some time, now I'm trying to use both Thalias, especially the new version more tsabo's web, I know that is not the best list but I like the lock and what you can bring vs lands that break us tsabo like wastelands, ports, fetchlands lock, stage, mandlands, etc. this is the list:

snip

Looks similar to Vintage Eldrazi. I think the Tsabo's Webs are a bit too cute. You're probably better off playing more Thorns or a SoFI. Mox Diamond looks kinda weak as well, unless you play Wasteland and Crucible.

Noloam_
08-11-2016, 10:19 AM
man what happend to miracles online? i dont see it a lot anymore. I see delver all day every day

im going test a anti delver package:

-2 dismember
-2 warping wail

+2 spatial contotion
+2 basilisk collar

taking tomb damage and dismembering is not going to do it. The collar seems good in racing. im not afraind of my chalice, because when i stick a chalice, i win anyway. not playing the wails, decreases the number of instants in the graveyard for goyf and shaman

Fatal
08-11-2016, 01:32 PM
Hey, it's W/g Eldrazi

3 Thalia, Heretic Cathar
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Reality Smasher
4 Lodestone Golem
2 Endbringer
3 Blade Splicer
3 Eldrazi Displacer

4 Chalice of the Void
2 Umezawa's Jitte

3 Mox Diamond
4 Brushland
4 Eldrazi Temple
1 Eye of Ugin
4 Ancient Tomb
2 Karakas
4 City of Traitors
2 Wasteland
2 Cavern of Souls
2 Savannah

SB: 3 Warping Wail
SB: 4 Reclamation Sage
SB: 4 Rest in Peace
SB: 2 Tsunami
SB: 2 Constant Mists

Few words about build -

I'm very happy not running any removal except Jitte MD, I also resolve Batterskull problem with 5/3 First Strike Golem thanks to Blade Splicer which is really very nice. It's a solid double creature more over ppl mostly kill token (bolt ect) since it gives a clock even better then Mattery Reshaper (which isn't my favorite since it dies to STP/Terminus with no benefits)

If you lose to flipped Delver, this mean opponent had too many wastelands - it happens, but most time you DON't need to kill that delver - you race it. Have jitte/Displacer if things get messy.

Golems are great vs Goyfs as more "Smashers" additional gives more egde against combo, specially with mentioned Blade Splicer.

Blade Splicer has also one more advantage - it's great vs BUG, Strix, Liliana ect.. It's not a problem just sacrifice token if needed, then Eldrazi Displacer gives you unlimited number of Tokens - just 2C x 3/3 Token with First Strike.

New Thalia proven in many other builds so it's not a surprise to running it.

Since SFM get popular again in many variants actually I omit it in my build since, it's slow and not good vs Combo. Maybe some SB slots if needed.

SB:

Reclamation Sage is probably best 2-for-1 creature - I wanted something which can't be hit by spell pierce, or get taxed by my own Thalia, additional Sage is best to S&T/Omni answer.

Rest in Peace - doesn't need to be explain.

Tsunami - that is probably interesting - it's mostly vs slow control decks - also miracles, but also a BUG Control (not shardless variants) with a lot of removal like innocent blood/Decay on chalice ect) - it's rather a meta call - not having any burn in meta - too many miracles.

Constant Mists - that's a new tool vs Mirror/Elves/Lands - since they can't interact with spells mostly, you can easily deny their Hoofs/Marit token turn, repeatable fog effect can give easily egde over opponent specially with so many first strike creatures (3 Splicer / 4 Golem - with spilcer / 3 Thalia / 3 Thalia 2.0 - gives 13 first strike creatures).

I would be very happy when WotC would print white version of Sage - just a disenchant on legs..

Abantau
08-11-2016, 10:51 PM
man what happend to miracles online? i dont see it a lot anymore. I see delver all day every day

im going test a anti delver package:

-2 dismember
-2 warping wail

+2 spatial contotion
+2 basilisk collar

taking tomb damage and dismembering is not going to do it. The collar seems good in racing. im not afraind of my chalice, because when i stick a chalice, i win anyway. not playing the wails, decreases the number of instants in the graveyard for goyf and shaman

I use a 1 off wormcoil engine in SB. Dodges bolt & dismember; It also gains life, and give birth to tokens if it was ancient grudged.

For pesky elemental tokens, I use 1 off Caltrops but only for meta choice there's a lot of elves, DnT and grixis in my area. :wink:

Noloam_
08-12-2016, 03:20 AM
I use a 1 off wormcoil engine in SB. Dodges bolt & dismember; It also gains life, and give birth to tokens if it was ancient grudged.

For pesky elemental tokens, I use 1 off Caltrops but only for meta choice there's a lot of elves, DnT and grixis in my area. :wink:

Yes if wurmcoil resolves, it is lights out. but its akward with eye

yes caltrops seems cool. but i doesnt beat the flipped delver. dont you think it is too narrow for pyromancer tokens only?. the use it as chump dorks 9/10 times vs me

sporenfrosch1411
08-14-2016, 10:41 AM
I have been thinking about going into White Maindeck a bit, here is what i have come up with so far.
I have not yet tested it, just drawn out a couple of times and it seems to be playable, but.... whats your thoughts on this?
Do you think Thalia1.0 is good enough of an upgrade to play "thorns" main again (which many including me have lately shy'd away from)
Do you think Thalia2.0 is good enough (at all), or too cute? I think Tsabos Web+her give some decks a really hard time...

4 Endless One
4 Eldrazi Mimic
4 Eldrazi Displacer
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Reality Smasher
3 Thalia, Heretic Cathar

4 Chalice of the Void
2 Warping Wail
4 Lotus Petal

4 Caves of Koilos
1 Battlefield Forge
1 Karakas
4 Cavern of Souls
4 Ancient Tomb
3 City of Traitors
3 Eye of Ugin
4 Eldrazi Temple

//Sideboard:
2-3 Tsabos Web
2 All is Dust (maybe not such a good idea with 6 Thalia, maybe more Bombs instead)
1 Ratchet Bomb
4 Faerie Macabre (or Leyline of the Void)
4 Pithing Needle
1-2 Containment Priest

korstructure
08-15-2016, 02:41 AM
They're talking about this over on the Death and Taxes thread.

I'm not sure where the most appropriate place to talk about this would be...

Is this strategy worthy of its own new thread?

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?6775-DTB-Death-and-Taxes/page323

I have been thinking about going into White Maindeck a bit, here is what i have come up with so far.
I have not yet tested it, just drawn out a couple of times and it seems to be playable, but.... whats your thoughts on this?
Do you think Thalia1.0 is good enough of an upgrade to play "thorns" main again (which many including me have lately shy'd away from)
Do you think Thalia2.0 is good enough (at all), or too cute? I think Tsabos Web+her give some decks a really hard time...

sporenfrosch1411
08-15-2016, 10:53 AM
I think with Stoneforge, Lodestone Golem and no Eldrazi Smasher and no Eye of Ugin thats a different Deck.
Likewise one could put all Delver decks into one thread, but i dont think that would be fitting either.
Im tinkering with splashing the 6 Thalia in there, aside from that its pretty much a basic EldraziStompy i think - not sure either though....
Anyhow: Thanks for the tip, i'll be browsing that thread too from now on. I strongly think a small "loan" from DnT Elementes, like people in modern are trying as far as i can evaluate some decks i've seen there, is a nice way to go. Eldrazi should be disruption+smashing faces.

Anyhow, whats the opinion on that idea? Do you think its worth it? Has someone maybe tested this a bit more than me and has some experience to share?
I so far felt like the mana was a bit clunky sometimes. Cavern is often a hard decision whether to be put on Humans or Eldrazi - but then again its only with Displacer that this comes up, all other Eldrazi are colorless anyway...

korstructure
08-15-2016, 01:46 PM
I do think this is a worthy direction.

One area from which I've taken inspiration are the Vintage Thalia/Eldrazi lists. They're similar.

But yes, I think the real question to ask is: where on the spectrum between D&T and Eldrazi is optimal? Are we the best prison/creature deck or the best stompy deck?

For example, one question they're pondering over at the D&T board is if the SFM package should be cut entirely - a direction with which I agree.

Another question is whether or not Reality Smasher has a place in the deck. I'm not sure.

If every creature in the deck can be a lock piece or disruption of some kind, that brings us much closer to what makes Death and Taxes so good. However, if we need to keep slots for beaters (Reality Smasher), that makes us more stompy-like. Not sure!

I think with Stoneforge, Lodestone Golem and no Eldrazi Smasher and no Eye of Ugin thats a different Deck.
Likewise one could put all Delver decks into one thread, but i dont think that would be fitting either.
Im tinkering with splashing the 6 Thalia in there, aside from that its pretty much a basic EldraziStompy i think - not sure either though....
Anyhow: Thanks for the tip, i'll be browsing that thread too from now on. I strongly think a small "loan" from DnT Elementes, like people in modern are trying as far as i can evaluate some decks i've seen there, is a nice way to go. Eldrazi should be disruption+smashing faces.

Anyhow, whats the opinion on that idea? Do you think its worth it? Has someone maybe tested this a bit more than me and has some experience to share?
I so far felt like the mana was a bit clunky sometimes. Cavern is often a hard decision whether to be put on Humans or Eldrazi - but then again its only with Displacer that this comes up, all other Eldrazi are colorless anyway...

Noloam_
08-15-2016, 02:59 PM
im really missing the point here. the only reason i whould play white is for stoneforge &/or displacer. Why the thalia stuff? its just worse than the other colorless dudes and you can still play the eyes. The eyes are on the reasons you play eldrazi in the first place

RhoxWarMonk
08-15-2016, 03:01 PM
I'd personally never even consider this deck without smashers. I'd play 12 of them if I could lol.

Seems like a very different deck to me. Not saying not to discuss it here, just that I feel it's a very different approach. Could end up being the direction this deck wants to go in the end but I generally found the less of a splash the better

Noloam_
08-15-2016, 03:29 PM
exactly!

Barook
08-15-2016, 04:13 PM
im really missing the point here. the only reason i whould play white is for stoneforge &/or displacer. Why the thalia stuff? its just worse than the other colorless dudes and you can still play the eyes. The eyes are on the reasons you play eldrazi in the first place
I think if you want to go into that direction, the hybrid deck should have a mana base that is less susceptible to land disruption. Otherwise, it's just a worse Eldrazi deck.

Secretly.A.Bee
08-15-2016, 04:14 PM
Sure, from an eldrazi perspective, I do think this is a less good stompy list. However, if you start with Death and Taxes, the hybrid list does solve a couple fairly large issues - for instance, -1/-1 effects. Also, double the thalias as well as Chalice all speak to a better combo and delver matchup. It's probably best to discuss ot in the DnT thread for now, at least until a larger following develops.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

korstructure
08-15-2016, 05:30 PM
Agree! Let's keep Stompy-oriented Eldrazi in this thread. And prison in the D&T thread.

:cool:

Sure, from an eldrazi perspective, I do think this is a less good stompy list. However, if you start with Death and Taxes, the hybrid list does solve a couple fairly large issues - for instance, -1/-1 effects. Also, double the thalias as well as Chalice all speak to a better combo and delver matchup. It's probably best to discuss ot in the DnT thread for now, at least until a larger following develops.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Noloam_
08-16-2016, 03:18 AM
I think if you want to go into that direction, the hybrid deck should have a mana base that is less susceptible to land disruption. Otherwise, it's just a worse Eldrazi deck.

Yes, that is the whole reason that keeps me back. I think stoneforge is great. but i dont like to get wastelanded out of the game :(

Abantau
08-16-2016, 04:17 AM
Noloam, i was thinking instead of -2 dismember -2 warping wail how about -2 SSG from your old list

4 eye of ugin
4 eldrazi temple
4 cavern of souls
4 ancient tomb
2 city of traitors
3 mishra's factory
3 wasteland
1 urborg, tomb of yogmoth

4 reality smasher
4 thought knot seer
4 endless one
4 eldrazi mimic
4 matter reshaper
1 endbringer

2 dismember
2 warping wail

2 umezawa's jitte
2 thorn of amethyst
2 basilisk collar
4 Chalice of the void

SB
4 leyline of the void
2 pithing needle
2 ratchet bomb
2 all is dust
2 thorn of amethyst
1 karakas
1 endbringer
1 Warping wail

maraxusofkelds
08-16-2016, 12:15 PM
Why would you ever run basilisk maindeck?

Fatal
08-16-2016, 01:04 PM
Specially with only 1 Endbringer ?

Noloam_
08-16-2016, 03:44 PM
Why would you ever run basilisk maindeck?

because almost 50% of my matches were Grixis delver. the turn 1 delver go is almost always a loss for eldrazi. i already cutted them and returned to the warping wails. i still run the contortions main of dismember tough. i like them so far

Noloam_
08-16-2016, 03:46 PM
Noloam, i was thinking instead of -2 dismember -2 warping wail how about -2 SSG from your old list

4 eye of ugin
4 eldrazi temple
4 cavern of souls
4 ancient tomb
2 city of traitors
3 mishra's factory
3 wasteland
1 urborg, tomb of yogmoth

4 reality smasher
4 thought knot seer
4 endless one
4 eldrazi mimic
4 matter reshaper
1 endbringer

2 dismember
2 warping wail

2 umezawa's jitte
2 thorn of amethyst
2 basilisk collar
4 Chalice of the void

SB
4 leyline of the void
2 pithing needle
2 ratchet bomb
2 all is dust
2 thorn of amethyst
1 karakas
1 endbringer
1 Warping wail

i dont see the need for thorns in this meta. i really do see the need for the SCG. im even pondering about the 4th one. that card is basically all you want vs combo and tempo decks. paying daze with SCG is just a hudge setback

Cire
08-16-2016, 03:52 PM
What are the thoughts on preparing for the upcoming D&Tpocalypse (courtesy of the new Recruiter)?

darkgh0st
08-16-2016, 08:23 PM
What are the thoughts on preparing for the upcoming D&Tpocalypse (courtesy of the new Recruiter)?

End of the world cuz of DnT? Far from it. The DnT lists will remain the same. 3rd turn fetch something isn't any better than what they can do now, and is rather slow.

Barook
08-16-2016, 08:33 PM
It's a good card and is going to become a staple, but it's hardly the end of the world. D&T only gains some consistency and some neat tricks like Flickerwisp chaining - all at the cost of speed and a worse curve. Maybe D&T becomes a true Tier 1 deck instead of just a Tier 1.5 deck that drops regularly from the DTB section.

Meanwhile, Miracles still dominates without giving a fuck.

Noloam_
08-17-2016, 06:33 AM
i 5-0'ed today with displacer for the first time. but it was not because of displacer lol. no delver is most of the time smooth sailing any way.

it is basically anton's list but with spirit guides.

won from:

miracles
miracles
ANT
Colorless eldrazi
Aggro loam

ik think the list is de-cent. Better is some matches, worse vs others

Cire
08-17-2016, 09:38 AM
End of the world cuz of DnT? Far from it. The DnT lists will remain the same. 3rd turn fetch something isn't any better than what they can do now, and is rather slow.

It's a good card and is going to become a staple, but it's hardly the end of the world. D&T only gains some consistency and some neat tricks like Flickerwisp chaining - all at the cost of speed and a worse curve. Maybe D&T becomes a true Tier 1 deck instead of just a Tier 1.5 deck that drops regularly from the DTB section.

Meanwhile, Miracles still dominates without giving a fuck.

Ha, I was being histrionic - but the point is, D&T will probably be more popular and is there anything we should change up to account for the increase of its popularity?

RhoxWarMonk
08-17-2016, 08:25 PM
i 5-0'ed today with displacer for the first time. but it was not because of displacer lol. no delver is most of the time smooth sailing any way.

won from:

miracles
miracles
ANT
Colorless eldrazi
Aggro loam

What did you end up cutting for the Spirit Guides?

My biggest problem with the white splash is the mana base consistency... I feel like I can get by on 8 lands that produce white but Cave of Koilos are really just awful as a land card in this deck but yet, somewhat of a necessity. 4 Caverns and 2 Karakas just isn't enough and honestly, even 8 sources is a little greedy (though, I've had almost no problems casting Displacers using Anton's list all the same).

jimmythegreek
08-17-2016, 11:32 PM

won from:

miracles
miracles
ANT
Colorless

What a novel sentimentment....guy's please.

Noloam_
08-18-2016, 01:47 AM
What did you end up cutting for the Spirit Guides?

My biggest problem with the white splash is the mana base consistency... I feel like I can get by on 8 lands that produce white but Cave of Koilos are really just awful as a land card in this deck but yet, somewhat of a necessity. 4 Caverns and 2 Karakas just isn't enough and honestly, even 8 sources is a little greedy (though, I've had almost no problems casting Displacers using Anton's list all the same).

yes i had to use the 8 sources. i think this build is worse vs miracles, than my usual build. the factories are huge vs miracles. I cutted the 2 dismembers. I dont see a awfull lot of goyfs and displacers can be used as removal. im not sure if the SCG are really necesarry in this list. you run 26 instead of 25 lands anyway

Noloam_
08-18-2016, 01:49 AM
What a novel sentimentment....guy's please.

lol dude, are you really that offended by my latest comment on your all is dust plan main?

jimmythegreek
08-19-2016, 11:24 PM
lol dude, are you really that offended by my latest comment on your all is dust plan main?

No. In general legacy has become very copy and paste. I find it hilarious that within a new archetype as new as eldrazi your so quick to eschew a powerhouse like all is dust. As a one of in the the main ( completely castable mind you) it can get this very linear deck out of some sticky situations.

Noloam_
08-20-2016, 05:33 AM
No. In general legacy has become very copy and paste. I find it hilarious that within a new archetype as new as eldrazi your so quick to eschew a powerhouse like all is dust. As a one of in the the main ( completely castable mind you) it can get this very linear deck out of some sticky situations.

no the main reason is because it has been discussed and tested earlier in this topic. i love all is dust dont get me wrong. But i think it belongs in the sideboard, not in the main. there is just no room for it

bruizar
08-20-2016, 02:30 PM
no the main reason is because it has been discussed and tested earlier in this topic. i love all is dust dont get me wrong. But i think it belongs in the sideboard, not in the main. there is just no room for it

That, by definition, depends on the meta game. As for the Dutch metagame (since that is where you are from), I've been successful main decking All is Dust.

Noloam_
08-21-2016, 09:23 AM
i dont want to have blanks in my main deck vs some matches. thats why i no longer run dismembers and wails. All is dust has a huge chance of being a blank. so whatever the meta is, i wont run all is dust in the main

@barook:

what is your opinion about the SCG in my list? do you think it need to be petals? i can make an argument for both cases. Paying dazes, casting a ape with a blood moon in play and flipping it with reshaper are big pro's in my opinion. The nonbo with challice/thorn, non instantspeed, growing goyf argument is a big con of petal in my opinion

LeaPlath
08-21-2016, 06:22 PM
What do people think to the new Monarch land, assuming it is legal in legacy?

For those who don't know, it is a colourless land, where you can pay 4, tap and sacrifice it to become the Monarch. As the monarch, you draw a card during your end step and another player can become the monarch by dealing combat damage to you.

In an ideal work, it is the eldrazi horizon canopy, as it replaces itself and keeps drawing value after that, and in a none-ideal world it is a howling mine or just a colourless land.

Cire
08-21-2016, 06:59 PM
I can't think of any land I would replace for it :eyebrow:

Barook
08-21-2016, 07:42 PM
@Noloam: Why not try it out? 4 Displacer with only 8 white sources seems like insanity to me. SSG does have advantages over Lotus Petal, no doubt, but it will cost you mana consistency.

That said, if you keep the SSGs, I would run Battlefield Forge over Caves of Koilos. Just a minor thing, but casting it might come up sometimes.

Looking at your latest list, how does it feel to not run any spot removal in the 75?

Scott
08-21-2016, 11:14 PM
It was a very Eldrazi-y SCG Classic (http://www.starcitygames.com/events/coverage/3856_top_16_legacy_classic_decklist.html) today in Somerset, with three in the top 8 and another in the top 16.

Noloam_
08-22-2016, 02:59 AM
@Noloam: Why not try it out? 4 Displacer with only 8 white sources seems like insanity to me. SSG does have advantages over Lotus Petal, no doubt, but it will cost you mana consistency.

That said, if you keep the SSGs, I would run Battlefield Forge over Caves of Koilos. Just a minor thing, but casting it might come up sometimes.

Looking at your latest list, how does it feel to not run any spot removal in the 75?

hmmmm thats also an issue i guess. i do like hardcasting the leylines tough. i dont know what is more realistic, hardcasting a leyline or a spirit guide (is somebody good at math here? :P) ? thanks for that.

yes that is a keeper for me. the hands with dismember + wail + spirit guides were snap mulls. i love having no blanks. endbringer, jitte and displacer can deal with creatures themselves. Having more triggers for reshaper increases your consitancy. i feel like my previous colorless list was just too focussed on crushing miracles (with factories etc). im not that impressed with dismember (only in the mirror and the bug matches). It costs you too much life vs delver decks and it is a blank vs a lot of decks

ratninja
08-22-2016, 07:07 PM
Hi all!

New user on the source and glad to join this thread! I like brewing with new cards, sometimes successfully and sometimes not. I play a paper magic tournament once a week, so I don't have the chance for a lot of real word testing.

So I've tried Eternal Scourge for a little bit as I liked being able to get more creatures out quicker and I like its ability. I couldn't find the correct number initially, but having 4 gave me 12 3-drops and 6 power on turn two and other nice combinations on turn 3. I tried abuse it further, by running Serum Powder. I remember one deck running it before and I also seem to mulligan a lot with eldrazi so the combo was fun to try, I got some more colorless sources, but as you can guess it wasn't really that great for me.

I tried running a few City of traitors, as the lower curve without Endbringer would play nicely with Eternal Scourge, but ultimately I don't like city so I moved away from it and haven't tested it enough. I should really test it with noloams land list.

So here comes the part that is not as well tested.

Having problems vs death and taxes landed me on running 4 caverns + 4 caves of koilos for Bearer of silence. But it did nothing against the match up. But it seems ok versus other decks so I kept them. I removed the caverns for llanowar wastes, so I could run more black sources for better side board cards, such as dread of night. Then I realized murderous cut would combo nicely with dead Eternal Scourges (it is a very low value to recurr them vs some decks, mind you).

Other things I've tested: Seagate Wreckage + Geier Reach Sanctum. Nice combo for long running games, but it is hard to fit the land at the moment.

What did I remove? Different cards, but I am testing without Mimics because I feel they are quite bad as late drops and never do well when there is no creature around to buff them.

So the current list:

24 creatures
4 Endless One
4 Bearer of silence
4 Eternal Scourge
4 Matter Reshaper
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Eldrazi Smasher

10 Other spells
4 Chalice of the Void
2 Dismember
2 Murderous Cut
2 Umezawa's Jitte

25 Lands
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Cavern of Koilos
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Llanowar Wastes
4 Eye of Ugin
2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
3 Wastes

1 undecided

15 Sideboard
2 Dread of night
4 surgical extraction
2 thorn of amethyst
2 warping wail
1 all is dust
2 ratchet bomb
2 pilgrim's eye

So I figured I would share and maybe someone could take away something from my testing especially since Eternal Scourge seemed to have not been tested a lot from what I read here. Pilgrim's eye is an ok sideboard card in my meta with lots of Blood Moon, Back to Basics and such. I am considering going down to 2 wastes after adding these.

Noloam_
08-23-2016, 01:37 AM
my goodness.....

PhilLesh
08-23-2016, 07:17 AM
Ratninja, I like the brew! I've been messing around with a lot of versions as well, as I find it fun and more interesting then just running the colorless version. Certainly haven't done quite as well with the versions, but it's fun to experiment. Have you thought about adding a 1-of Gemstone Caverns? Works well with scourge and can help accelerate. Happy brewing!

darkgh0st
08-23-2016, 07:48 AM
Not that I disagree that brews are fun and I encourage you to post, but not here. This is the DTB section... decks to beat! If you read what DTB is about, you will find that it says: "Decks which are optimized, thoroughly tested, played in a variety of metagames, and have proven themselves in a competitive tournament environment." So brews really don't belong here (belongs to the New and Developmental Section.) This forum is for optimized, tried and true Eldrazi Aggro lists.

Noloam_
08-23-2016, 08:12 AM
Not that I disagree that brews are fun and I encourage you to post, but not here. This is the DTB section... decks to beat! If you read what DTB is about, you will find that it says: "Decks which are optimized, thoroughly tested, played in a variety of metagames, and have proven themselves in a competitive tournament environment." So brews really don't belong here (belongs to the New and Developmental Section.) This forum is for optimized, tried and true Eldrazi Aggro lists.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6ZsURFJmSEwKmTJe/giphy.gif

pateuglow
08-23-2016, 09:18 AM
@noloam - do you have a sideboard guide for your colorless or white splash eldrazi lists? I have been running both in a handful of Legacy Leagues to mediocre finishes.

Decks I've been wrecked by are mostly Marit Lage producting (Lands/Hex Depths)

Death and Taxes was also a bit rough versus new Thalia

I've been following your lists for a while now, and appreciate the work you've done. Thanks

Noloam_
08-23-2016, 11:23 AM
@noloam - do you have a sideboard guide for your colorless or white splash eldrazi lists? I have been running both in a handful of Legacy Leagues to mediocre finishes.

Decks I've been wrecked by are mostly Marit Lage producting (Lands/Hex Depths)

Death and Taxes was also a bit rough versus new Thalia

I've been following your lists for a while now, and appreciate the work you've done. Thanks

hi. thanks for the support. that is appreciated! my sideboard list is available on page 36 of this topic. im now also playing 1 waste sideboard. I always wanted to test it. i somehow run into a lot of bloodmoon decks laterly. I feel i no longer need the 2 needles side, because all the bad fatty matches are now more easy. so i run 1 needle instead

death and taxes can indeed be rough. Im not still sure about my sideboard strategy for my white eldrazi build. perhaps you can ask that to barook. But i think i am sticking with the displacer build

pateuglow
08-23-2016, 11:34 AM
hi. thanks for the support. that is appreciated! my sideboard list is available on page 36 of this topic.

death and taxes can indeed be rough. Im not still sure about my sideboard strategy for my white eldrazi build. perhaps you can ask that to barook. But i think i am sticking with the displacer build

I like Displacer as it hedges our matchup vs Sneak and Show and Lands/Depths decks

The white splash has lead to the deck being less explosive, but I only have a handful of games with it. I'll check out your SB tech. Thanks again!

Noloam_
08-23-2016, 01:53 PM
I like Displacer as it hedges our matchup vs Sneak and Show and Lands/Depths decks

The white splash has lead to the deck being less explosive, but I only have a handful of games with it. I'll check out your SB tech. Thanks again!

yes displacer is just the card you need vs bad matches. But thats not the main reason im playing displacer. Im playing it, because it is better than your removal package.

i dont see how it is less explosive? casting a displacer with 1 mana (when you have an eye), is very explosive in my opinion. no problem dude, have fun :)

RhoxWarMonk
08-23-2016, 08:23 PM
yes displacer is just the card you need vs bad matches. But thats not the main reason im playing displacer. Im playing it, because it is better than your removal package.

i dont see how it is less explosive? casting a displacer with 1 mana (when you have an eye), is very explosive in my opinion. no problem dude, have fun :)

Displacer is just awesome all around but I can't seem to get my land count right. What's your mana base looking like these days? Are you playing any Lotus petals?

Noloam_
08-24-2016, 01:44 AM
Displacer is just awesome all around but I can't seem to get my land count right. What's your mana base looking like these days? Are you playing any Lotus petals?

well i only had to cut the factorys. which is a loss vs miracles for sure. but i think it is worth it, because the karakases do their own job

4 Cavern of Souls
2 City of Traitors
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Eye of Ugin
2 Battlefield forge
3 Wasteland
2 Karakas

im also playing one waste in the sideboard, for testing purposes. I like it so far. i dont need the 2 needles anymore, because my sneak attack and landsmatch is now better, with the displacers. so i trimmed that down to 1

i still dont feel petal is my card (but testing it is still possible). I play a similar list like anton's. he was playing no SCG/petals etc. But i love paying dazes all day and surviving wastelands

i had a lot of 4-1 runs so far.

Abantau
08-24-2016, 06:01 AM
im also playing one waste in the sideboard, for testing purposes. I like it so far. i dont need the 2 needles anymore, because my sneak attack and landsmatch is now better, with the displacers. so i trimmed that down to 1

What did you cut from your SB for the 1 waste?

The last list I saw was

2 basilisk collar
1 pithing needle
2 ratchet bomb
4 leyline of the void
2 all is dust
4 thorn of amethyst

Noloam_
08-24-2016, 06:25 AM
What did you cut from your SB for the 1 waste?

The last list I saw was

2 basilisk collar
1 pithing needle
2 ratchet bomb
4 leyline of the void
2 all is dust
4 thorn of amethyst

1 collar. i did not like the nonbo with chalice. so 1 waste, 1 needle and 1 collar now. i think the thorns,AIDs and leylines are not cutable. The rest is Always open to discussion

Abantau
08-24-2016, 09:30 AM
1 collar. i did not like the nonbo with chalice. so 1 waste, 1 needle and 1 collar now. i think the thorns,AIDs and leylines are not cutable. The rest is Always open to discussion

Thanks Noloam!

I'm pressuming the battlefield forge are for easy casting of simian spirit guide. Do you have a hard time casting LotV with 1 urborg or just aggressively mulligan for LotV? Because with Cave of Koilos it's easier to cast LotV off board.

Asthereal
08-24-2016, 10:43 AM
Question: how important is Cavern of Souls in this deck (colorless version)?

I own the full list, except for the Caverns and a few sideboard cards.
Will the deck be a lot worse if I just play full sets of Wasteland and Crystal Vein?

PS. Right now I'm also trying a one-of Sea Gate Wreckage. Been fun so far. :cool:

RhoxWarMonk
08-24-2016, 12:44 PM

Will the deck be a lot worse if I just play full sets of Wasteland and Crystal Vein?

PS. Right now I'm also trying a one-of Sea Gate Wreckage. Been fun so far. :cool:

Depends on how competitive you are or want to be. I'd never play anything less than a full playset of caverns, they are extremely important against miracles and really any blue based deck with permissions but especially miracles.

If you are just playing casually it won't matter as much but if you want to play in a tournament environment, you need the caverns unfortunately.

Asthereal
08-24-2016, 01:18 PM
Depends on how competitive you are or want to be. I'd never play anything less than a full playset of caverns, they are extremely important against miracles and really any blue based deck with permissions but especially miracles.

If you are just playing casually it won't matter as much but if you want to play in a tournament environment, you need the caverns unfortunately.
Well, I play competitively. Besides, why would someone play Eldrazi "just for fun"? It's not really that much of a fun deck.

But thanks for the feedback. That's one score for "would never leave the house without a full set of Caverns".

Noloam_
08-24-2016, 01:33 PM
Thanks Noloam!

I'm pressuming the battlefield forge are for easy casting of simian spirit guide. Do you have a hard time casting LotV with 1 urborg or just aggressively mulligan for LotV? Because with Cave of Koilos it's easier to cast LotV off board.

np man. Barook gave me the advice for the forge. I will stick with it. I have hardcasted spirit guides already. which is nice. well im not that concerned with hardcasting leylines. Against the deck that you bring it in, you dont get to draw a lot of cards any way. you are right about the caves argument, but remember: you have to have BOTH caves + a leyline, that was not in your opening hand. That sounds like a unicorn rare situation. Without the spirit guides, i whould run the caves tough.

Noloam_
08-24-2016, 01:34 PM

cavern and chalice are the main reasons you beat miracles. So yes it is huge. It also fixes the mana for displacer

Noloam_
08-25-2016, 04:19 AM
@Barook:

what was your strategy vs grixis delver with your displacer build? i am still losing 80% of my matches vs grixis delver. Displacer eats a bolt all day :(

Barook
08-25-2016, 05:41 AM
@Barook:

what was your strategy vs grixis delver with your displacer build? i am still losing 80% of my matches vs grixis delver. Displacer eats a bolt all day :(
Overrun them with a full onslaught. That's what worked best against them after trying out various stuff. They're suprisingly weak against pressure. Don't expect that match-up be better than 50% even in that case, probably slightly worse. Not having Factory might be a problem, too. Maybe Collar helps you racing if you still run it.

Looking up my old guide, by SB strategy was:
Grixis 4C Delver:
+2 Spatial Contortion
+2 Thorn

-2 Dismember
-2 Warping Wail

You could probably bring in Ratchet Bomb instead of the Contortions. What I found in my playtesting is, that despite being cantrip-heavy, you only want a few Thorns to support your Chalices. Too many Thorns is actually counter-productive as you lack pressure.

As for hardcasting Leyline - it hardly does anything because unlike RiP, the damage is already done once it hits the battlefield as they already have deployed their GY strategy at that point.

Noloam_
08-25-2016, 06:27 AM
Overrun them with a full onslaught. That's what worked best against them after trying out various stuff. They're suprisingly weak against pressure. Don't expect that match-up be better than 50% even in that case, probably slightly worse. Not having Factory might be a problem, too. Maybe Collar helps you racing if you still run it.

Looking up my old guide, by SB strategy was:
Grixis 4C Delver:
+2 Spatial Contortion
+2 Thorn

-2 Dismember
-2 Warping Wail

You could probably bring in Ratchet Bomb instead of the Contortions. What I found in my playtesting is, that despite being cantrip-heavy, you only want a few Thorns to support your Chalices. Too many Thorns is actually counter-productive as you lack pressure.

As for hardcasting Leyline - it hardly does anything because unlike RiP, the damage is already done once it hits the battlefield as they already have deployed their GY strategy at that point.

hmm i havnt been boarding thorns for a while now. sounds good. Im failing bigtime in that matchup. The one off b.collar is great tough. the turn 1 delver, daze your spell, wasteland your land is just backbreaking.

what do you think i should cut? im no longer playing removal. so

-2 endbringer
-1 displacer

+1 collar
+2 thorns
?

Barook
08-25-2016, 06:32 AM
hmm i havnt been boarding thorns for a while now. sounds good. Im failing bigtime in that matchup. The one off b.collar is great tough. the turn 1 delver, daze your spell, wasteland your land is just backbreaking.

what do you think i should cut? im no longer playing removal. so

-2 endbringer
-1 displacer

+1 collar
+2 thorns
?
Not a fan of cutting Displacer. You still need some way to handle their Delvers and Anglers. Yes, Displacers are removal magnets, but they are so for good reason. No idea what the third cut should be, though.

Noloam_
08-26-2016, 05:40 AM
hmmmm my white eldrazi results are less impressive than my colorless eldrazi results :(.

im now losing a lot to miracles. i dont know if that is due to the factorys or due to the lack of warping wails for terminus/dismembers for mentor

RhoxWarMonk
08-26-2016, 11:44 AM
hmmmm my white eldrazi results are less impressive than my colorless eldrazi results :(.

im now losing a lot to miracles. i dont know if that is due to the factorys or due to the lack of warping wails for terminus/dismembers for mentor

My result too... He's so good but for some reason my result are lower because of it.... which is too bad because I love displacer and it's not like he's less explosive. A turn 2 3/3 with a good ability is solid. Doesn't really make sense to me, though I miss my Factories.

I wish displacer didn't have that stupid W in the casting cost.... /grumble. I hate that it forces me to use subpar lands just to cast it.

Noloam_
08-26-2016, 01:22 PM
My result too... He's so good but for some reason my result are lower because of it.... which is too bad because I love displacer and it's not like he's less explosive. A turn 2 3/3 with a good ability is solid. Doesn't really make sense to me, though I miss my Factories.

I wish displacer didn't have that stupid W in the casting cost.... /grumble. I hate that it forces me to use subpar lands just to cast it.

yes. it feels like it makes your worse matchups better and your better matchups worse. I also pondered about factorys instead of wasteland in the build. But that is not really my style tbh

im now 2-0 with my normal colorless build. I am now trying 4 SCG and 1 Sword of Fire and ice main (-2 warping wail). Im so fed up with grixis

Scott
08-26-2016, 10:13 PM
I hope you'll all excuse the question that comes from an experimental sort of vantage point. I've been fiddling around with the type of build with Wasteland Strangler, Eldrazi Displacer, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Corrupted Crossroads, Mox Diamond, 4x Eye of Ugin, you get the idea.

For Wasteland Strangler to be effective, obviously there need to consistently be cards in your opponents' exile zone. Maybe the opponent's natural shit, 4x Thought-Knot Seer, and 4x Warping Wail are enough, but I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing any possible options (for cards that exile) that people have tested or thought of. I know that some people were looking into Strangler before.

Right now I'm testing a couple Dimensional Infiltrators. World Breaker exiles but there are reasons why it's not part of a solution.

Noloam_
08-27-2016, 06:36 AM
i think that wasteland strangler is also nice against decks, that pitch cards to force of will. it is a solid answer vs grixis. so keep me posted about your results

maraxusofkelds
08-27-2016, 01:20 PM
My best results are by far with the white version. I think its mostly from needing a different playstyle, despite only a few minor cards worth of difference. The white version lacks thr explosiveness but you gotta play it more like a midrange deck, esp if you run the version anton amd I are doing, aka heavier with endbringers and 0 fast mana like spirit guides or petals.

I have the exact opposite experience in terms of matchups. The white version gives me far better game vs my bad matchups and makes my good ones slightly worse cuz displacer lets me get around the walls fair decks fair decks grind us out with.

RhoxWarMonk
08-27-2016, 02:07 PM
My best results are by far with the white version. I think its mostly from needing a different playstyle, despite only a few minor cards worth of difference. The white version lacks thr explosiveness but you gotta play it more like a midrange deck, esp if you run the version anton amd I are doing, aka heavier with endbringers and 0 fast mana like spirit guides or petals.

I have the exact opposite experience in terms of matchups. The white version gives me far better game vs my bad matchups and makes my good ones slightly worse cuz displacer lets me get around the walls fair decks fair decks grind us out with.

What are you running for your mana base? That's my biggest criticism with the white version is the mana base just feels so meh, especially when I cut the Petals. 8 white lands is super greedy with 4 Displacers and adding any more white lands over that just dilutes the deck too much for my taste.

I do really want to make the white version work though.... so I'm glad to hear you're having good success with it.

maraxusofkelds
08-27-2016, 02:11 PM
I run 3 displacers, and my base are 4 cavern, 2 karakas, 2 brushlands. I rarely run into being unable to cast it because i often prioritize cavern + sol land hands. I used to run factories but i stopped using them because they felt like a liability too often. Turning it into a creature allows our opponent to attack our mana base through even more ways, and if you run out of threats it wont really save you. The standouts it performs in are vs pox decks, lotv decks, and miracles when you run out of creatures, but those are all situations we can recover from or are too niche. Instead i just prefer to run wastelands because we cant really recover from maze of ith, chasm, or tabernacle stalls. Plus it hoses the mirror hard.

My decklist and tourney report is on page 64.

Noloam_
08-29-2016, 08:27 AM
ok im now back to my normal colorsless build for sure. i did a lottttt of testing with white, but it was not convincing :(. I tried colorless with SOFI. But it was to expensive as predicted :(. i love testing, but i have a hard time finding new suitable goodies for the deck

i now have 63 times gone 4-1, 15 times 5-0 and 1 time 6-1 with colorless eldrazi . I am now conviced that dismember and wail are just mediocre card, that you cant live without.

Amunshax
08-29-2016, 10:11 AM
Hi, did u try to cut removal and play Oblivion Sower + Ulamog instead?

Noloam_
08-29-2016, 11:16 AM
Hi, did u try to cut removal and play Oblivion Sower + Ulamog instead?

because ulamog and sower are not the solution to the problem. I do like to try sower once. Ulamog is way to cute main. im already having a hard time casting endbringer. Sower seems huge vs miracles, but miracles is already a good matchup

Amunshax
08-29-2016, 11:30 AM
But vs midrange Decks like shardless it should work, because u can handle Goyf, but vs Delver it is not what u want...

Noloam_
08-29-2016, 12:18 PM
But vs midrange Decks like shardless it should work, because u can handle Goyf, but vs Delver it is not what u want...

i do agree. almost all my 4-1's are based on losses vs grixis. its not even funny anymore.

f7eleven
08-31-2016, 11:26 AM
I had moved on from Eldrazi in the Spring after struggling vs Shardless and Miracles adapted and was no longer a bye. Then over the summer I played something like 8 different decks in 8 straight events, trying to find something I liked. I liked UR Delver but couldn't beat Miracles.

I revisited Eldrazi, but there were some things in the established lists I didn't like, personally: I don't like Wasteland in this deck, I don't think the deck plays enough creatures, and I like Mox Diamond over the other popular accelerants. I also think Eldrazi Skyspawner is severely underrated, and I wanted to test out Wretched Gryff.

So I settled on this U Eldrazi list:

4 Ancient Tomb
4 Cavern of Souls
2 City of Traitors
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Eye of Ugin
4 Underground River
2 Underground Sea
3 Mox Diamond
4 Chalice of the Void
4 Eldrazi Mimic
4 Eldrazi Skyspawner
4 Endless One
4 Matter Reshaper
4 Reality Smasher
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Wretched Gryff

Sideboard:
4 Dismember
3 Wasteland Strangler
4 Leyline of the Void
4 Thorn of Amethyst

I've only played the deck twice. First at a satellite for MTGFirst.com's next Quest for Power 9, where I finished in the top 4. In the semis I lost game3 vs Storm when I kept a 5-card hand that couldn't play hate until turn 2 (I didn't get a turn 2). I did beat a Legacy GP winner on Lands in the top 8 though. :)

Then I won an EE5 satellite with the deck this past weekend.

These weren't large tournaments (5 rounds + Top 8), but it's Baltimore - where every legacy tournament is a murderers' row of great legacy players.

Dropping Wasteland makes it easy to slot in the necessary blue lands. I chose to pair w/ black to save some life on Dismembers, but I did win one match by casting a Leyline of the Void.

The 8 cantrip creatures offset the card disadvantage from running Mox Diamond over Lotus Petal.

The 8 fliers improve your game vs opposing fliers, and vs opposing Eldrazi decks.

Eldrazi Spyspawner, specifically, helps you go wide (important vs Maze of Iths), ramps you, gives you access to <> vs Bloodmoon, exiles Bridge from Below on command (extremely relevant in the finals of the EE5 satellite), and he's the best thing you can hit with Matter Reshaper triggers.

Wretched Gryff also exceeded my expectations. He's much easier to cast than anyone realizes.

BTW, I haven't lost vs Grixis Delver.

maraxusofkelds
08-31-2016, 03:05 PM
Damn that looks like a spicy brew, esp the 3 stranglers. Im gonna try it out. Have you considered toxic deluge as well in the side? It is definitely one of the best sideboard cards available esp if you go with a black blur splash.

f7eleven
08-31-2016, 03:24 PM
Actually, I had All is Dust in the strangler slots for the first tournament, but never sided them in. I had Engineered Plagues in the strangler slots for the second tournament, but never sided them in. So the Wasteland Stranglers are untested, but the plan is to bring them in vs any and all Deathrite decks, and maybe burn, since Dismember hurts too much in that matchup.

ESG
08-31-2016, 07:44 PM
I revisited Eldrazi, but there were some things in the established lists I didn't like, personally: I don't like Wasteland in this deck, I don't think the deck plays enough creatures, and I like Mox Diamond over the other popular accelerants. I also think Eldrazi Skyspawner is severely underrated, and I wanted to test out Wretched Gryff.

Wretched Gryff also exceeded my expectations. He's much easier to cast than anyone realizes.

I play a somewhat similar list. What creatures are you most consistently feeding to Wretched Gryff for Emerge, or are you hard-casting it? And what is your average turn for playing it?

f7eleven
08-31-2016, 08:35 PM
It's about 50/50 between cast and emerge. Matter Reshaper is by far the most often sacrificed. I recommend drawing with Gryff before revealing for Reshaper, for Mox Diamond reasons. I've cast it 2nd turn, but 3rd or 4th is more common. I hard cast them turns 3, 4, and 5 of the same game once. :-p

Barook
08-31-2016, 08:41 PM
I can see a deck with a bunch of flyers being good vs Delver.

Also, have you considered Displacers? That would require a white splash over a black one, but I can see the benefits for that.

f7eleven
08-31-2016, 09:21 PM
I tried almost the same list with Displacer before Gryff came out (and the Urborg was a Karakas). The synergy was great with Skyspawner, but I don't miss him. I think Skyspawner is better than Displacer (I <3 Skyspawner).

Let's go 32 creatures and move the chalices to the board!

pateuglow
08-31-2016, 11:18 PM

I have found this to be the case too-not sure if the meta is adjusting, or if the white splash just isn't that good.

Every time my opener is a Karakas and a painland I die a little on the inside

Noloam_
09-01-2016, 01:47 AM
I have found this to be the case too-not sure if the meta is adjusting, or if the white splash just isn't that good.

Every time my opener is a Karakas and a painland I die a little on the inside

yes. the whole deck is a coinflip. mulling into dubble eye, also makes me wanne cry XD

darkgh0st
09-01-2016, 05:00 PM
@f7eleven: Gratz on the finish! Thoughts on Drowner of Hope and Elder-Deep Fiend on your UB version?

dudedusty
09-02-2016, 12:37 AM
I had moved on from Eldrazi in the Spring after struggling vs Shardless and Miracles adapted and was no longer a bye. Then over the summer I played something like 8 different decks in 8 straight events, trying to find something I liked. I liked UR Delver but couldn't beat Miracles.

So I settled on this U Eldrazi list:

4 Ancient Tomb
4 Cavern of Souls
2 City of Traitors
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Eye of Ugin
4 Underground River
2 Underground Sea
3 Mox Diamond
4 Chalice of the Void
4 Eldrazi Mimic
4 Eldrazi Skyspawner
4 Endless One
4 Matter Reshaper
4 Reality Smasher
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Wretched Gryff

Sideboard:
4 Dismember
3 Wasteland Strangler
4 Leyline of the Void
4 Thorn of Amethyst

I've only played the deck twice. First at a satellite for MTGFirst.com's next Quest for Power 9, where I finished in the top 4. In the semis I lost game3 vs Storm when I kept a 5-card hand that couldn't play hate until turn 2 (I didn't get a turn 2). I did beat a Legacy GP winner on Lands in the top 8 though. :)

Then I won an EE5 satellite with the deck this past weekend.

These weren't large tournaments (5 rounds + Top 8), but it's Baltimore - where every legacy tournament is a murderers' row of great legacy players.

Dropping Wasteland makes it easy to slot in the necessary blue lands. I chose to pair w/ black to save some life on Dismembers, but I did win one match by casting a Leyline of the Void.

The 8 cantrip creatures offset the card disadvantage from running Mox Diamond over Lotus Petal.

The 8 fliers improve your game vs opposing fliers, and vs opposing Eldrazi decks.

Eldrazi Spyspawner, specifically, helps you go wide (important vs Maze of Iths), ramps you, gives you access to <> vs Bloodmoon, exiles Bridge from Below on command (extremely relevant in the finals of the EE5 satellite), and he's the best thing you can hit with Matter Reshaper triggers.

BTW, I haven't lost vs Grixis Delver.

Can confirm, great brew. Considering trying it myself, since I lost to it playing for T8 in the Quest for P9, and in the quarterfinals of the EE5 satellite he mentioned.

Great job on the win!

f7eleven
09-02-2016, 08:08 AM
@darkgh0st I have not tried Drowner. The mana base cannot support deep fiend, unfortunately.

@dudedusty You can borrow it tonight, to try it out :)

maraxusofkelds
09-02-2016, 04:32 PM
Ok I cant be the only one, but i think the new legendary skyship has potential in eldrazi. Castable through bloodmoon, etb kills delver, and has flying to go through moat.

MD.Ghost
09-02-2016, 04:46 PM
Ok I cant be the only one, but i think the new legendary skyship has potential in eldrazi. Castable through bloodmoon, etb kills delver, and has flying to go through moat.

Displacer! Yeah cool Artifact that can get really nasty. Not sure if it finds a home at legacy.

Noloam_
09-07-2016, 05:45 AM
after a summerbreak, i went 5-0 today

won from:

-esper blade
-esper blade
-miracles
-grixis delver
-Sneaky show

were some pretty darn hard matches. it showed again that i cant cut the wails :(

RhoxWarMonk
09-07-2016, 10:42 AM
The list with 4 oblivion Sowers and ulamog is getting more popular, two in the top 8 at scg over the last week or two.

Does this really help the difficult matchups like lands and grixis? I'm considering giving it a go, will play test it at the very least.

I don't see how you can run less than 4 eyes with 3 urborg though.... may need to tweak the mana base slightly from one of the versions I saw.

Noloam_
09-07-2016, 03:15 PM
The list with 4 oblivion Sowers and ulamog is getting more popular, two in the top 8 at scg over the last week or two.

Does this really help the difficult matchups like lands and grixis? I'm considering giving it a go, will play test it at the very least.

I don't see how you can run less than 4 eyes with 3 urborg though.... may need to tweak the mana base slightly from one of the versions I saw.

yes thats what i thought. i think wasteland will even be more backbreaking. it is hurting me big time and im even playing 3 SCG and a lower curve lel

RhoxWarMonk
09-08-2016, 07:34 PM
yes thats what i thought. i think wasteland will even be more backbreaking. it is hurting me big time and im even playing 3 SCG and a lower curve lel

Wasteland is bad but I find it's only truly awful in multiples. I can handle the first one, I can't handle the 2nd and especially not the 3rd... seems to happen more often than I'd like as well.

That said, running 4 eyes helps a little because I always drop that down first and it's almost always the first target for a wasteland. I'm also running 26 land in the Sower version, and Sowers should in theory pump out even more land.

Ulamog feels like Magic Christmas land for me but people keep running him and having success with him, so I'll try him too :)

Abantau
09-09-2016, 01:26 AM
Wasteland is bad but I find it's only truly awful in multiples. I can handle the first one, I can't handle the 2nd and especially not the 3rd... seems to happen more often than I'd like as well.

That said, running 4 eyes helps a little because I always drop that down first and it's almost always the first target for a wasteland. I'm also running 26 land in the Sower version, and Sowers should in theory pump out even more land.

Ulamog feels like Magic Christmas land for me but people keep running him and having success with him, so I'll try him too :)

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=107115 is this The list with Oblivion Sower you're referring to?

3rd Urborg seems too much for me, I'm going with 2. Oblivion Sower solves goyf problem vs Shardless. Haven't landed the one off Ulamog yet from few playtestings. The build i saw has no pithing needle on the SB, i love Pithing so i'm maintaining it on SB.

4 Eye of Ugin
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Ancient Tomb
4 City of Traitors
4 Cavern of Souls
3 Wasteland
2 Urborg Tomb of Yogmoth

4 Reality Smasher
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Endless One
4 Matter Reshaper
4 Eldrazi Mimic
4 Oblivion Sower
1 Ulamog 2.0

2 Umezawa's Jitte
4 Chalice of the Void

2 Dismember
2 Warping Wail

SB:
2 All is Dust
2 Pithing Needle
2 Ratchet Bomb
2 Relic of Progenitus
4 Thorn of Amethyst
1 Dismember
1 Warping Wail
1 Endbringer

Noloam_
09-09-2016, 01:38 AM

i just cant believe it. 1 wasteland sometimes already does the trick. turn 1 delver, turn 2 wasteland is just such a setback. the sower also will just get blocked by a pyromancer token, which is as lame as it gets. Im not even talking about ulamog lel.

the 3 urborgs also give others advantage in the mirror.

Noloam_
09-09-2016, 05:20 AM
Finally got my first perfect 5-0. all 2-0's today

won from:

-grixis delver
-grixis delver
-esper blade
-enchantress
-Ur Burn

Amunshax
09-09-2016, 06:21 AM
Congratulations, what did you change for the Grixis Matchup?

Noloam_
09-09-2016, 07:11 AM
Congratulations, what did you change for the Grixis Matchup?

thanks man. i won last 3 grixis matches 2-0. i guess i was unlucky for a long time. I only cutted one endbringer + 1 needle. Im not really impressed with any sideboard strategy in this match so far

Traveler
09-09-2016, 10:28 PM
Nice. I almost had a perfect 5-0 last week.

Went:

2-0 Storm
2-0 Grixis
2-0 Miracles
2-1 Shardless
2-0 D&T

I've been running 4 Thorn maindeck for a little while as an experiment. Its been excellent against unfair decks, miracles, and delver.

Noloam_
09-10-2016, 08:48 AM
Nice. I almost had a perfect 5-0 last week.

Went:

2-0 Storm
2-0 Grixis
2-0 Miracles
2-1 Shardless
2-0 D&T

I've been running 4 Thorn maindeck for a little while as an experiment. Its been excellent against unfair decks, miracles, and delver.

well done i saw your result. i dont really think thorns are that impressive against delver decks though. if the turn 1 treat, turn 2 wasteland you. you dont want to play a thorn. you just dont have the time for it i.m.o.

maraxusofkelds
09-10-2016, 11:25 AM
well done i saw your result. i dont really think thorns are that impressive against delver decks though. if the turn 1 treat, turn 2 wasteland you. you dont want to play a thorn. you just dont have the time for it i.m.o.

If they t1 delver wasteland you, you arent winning regardless. Thorn lets you shut down their counters at least so you coukd maybe race em wit bigger threats.

Noloam_
09-10-2016, 01:00 PM
If they t1 delver wasteland you, you arent winning regardless. Thorn lets you shut down their counters at least so you coukd maybe race em wit bigger threats.

i do disagree. playing mimic instead of the thorn into a smasher, 1 or 2 turns later (if you have SCG). will make a difference. altough it will be still hard most of the times

Traveler
09-10-2016, 09:49 PM

Turn 1 threat, turn 2 waste means you just lose anyways.

Thorn is pretty effective at increasing your density of turn 1 plays. And when it comes down turn 1 against Delver decks it is really good. About as good as chalice.

Noloam_
09-11-2016, 03:11 AM
Turn 1 threat, turn 2 waste means you just lose anyways.

Thorn is pretty effective at increasing your density of turn 1 plays. And when it comes down turn 1 against Delver decks it is really good. About as good as chalice.

sorry i dont want to be a douche. But i have played to many matches to agree with this

Traveler
09-11-2016, 03:17 AM
sorry i dont want to be a douche. But i have played to many matches to agree with this

That's fine. You're allowed to disagree.

maraxusofkelds
09-11-2016, 02:16 PM
T1 thorn is worse than t1 chalice, but neither means your opponent flat out loses. Grixis can win through chalice if they got delver or drs to come out before, and then land a young peezy after. It helps but by no means is it a slam dunk. This matchup is a race and you cant afford to give up tempo. Grixis v eldrazi is basically dependent on both players draws and you gotta just play ur shit and u cant really afford to play around shit if a delver clock is on board.

Noloam_
09-11-2016, 03:32 PM
turn 1 chalice on the play vs grixis not a slamdunk? it blanks 75% of the deck straight away

Darkness
09-11-2016, 04:01 PM
As a grixis player I'd rather see a t1 thorn than chalice. At least I can cast my creatures and start playing lands the next few turns to cast relevant spells.

benjiman13
09-13-2016, 11:10 AM
Someone working on the version with smokestack? Or with Tangle Wire or Trinisphere?

darkgh0st
09-13-2016, 04:46 PM
Someone working on the version with smokestack? Or with Tangle Wire or Trinisphere?
I did. Its a white eldrazi stax. I can PM you the list if you want.

MTGeezy
09-13-2016, 09:20 PM
Someone won a legacy 2k on 9/11 with this list.

http://i.imgur.com/ZDslC0R.jpg

pateuglow
09-13-2016, 11:45 PM
That is a spicy deck. Curious how explosive it is and what the rest of the 2k meta looked like

Also, FWIW, I went 3-0 at a local legacy event (drew rd 4 and split prizes in top 8) with the colorless build that noloam has been on

I kept Warping Wail and Spatial Contortion in the MB

Added 2 Ankh of Mishra in the SB for Lands (card was solid vs Miracles as well, taking 5 for playing a fetchland then saccing it to grab a Volc was great)

Traveler
09-14-2016, 12:32 AM
Got around to playing another couple leagues today for the first time since my last 5-0 a week ago.

Went 3-2 and 5-0.

The 3-2 consisted of losing to Painter and Storm (I didn't mulligan correctly/well perhaps).

The 5-0 I went on to beat Painter from the previous league, SnT, Opposition, UR Delver, and Grixis Delver.

Still liking the Thorn's in testing, we'll see. Just feels like they grab % points in the popular matchups (Miracles, Storm, Delver).

I might try switching to Warping Wails and testing those out.

Just want to move away from Dismember mainboard (its just painful paying that life against delver, or having it in hand vs combo decks). That said if I start seeing more Goyfs and Anglers, it'll make a reappearance.

Noloam_
09-14-2016, 01:38 AM
Got around to playing another couple leagues today for the first time since my last 5-0 a week ago.

Went 3-2 and 5-0.

The 3-2 consisted of losing to Painter and Storm (I didn't mulligan correctly/well perhaps).

The 5-0 I went on to beat Painter from the previous league, SnT, Opposition, UR Delver, and Grixis Delver.

Still liking the Thorn's in testing, we'll see. Just feels like they grab % points in the popular matchups (Miracles, Storm, Delver).

I might try switching to Warping Wails and testing those out.

Just want to move away from Dismember mainboard (its just painful paying that life against delver, or having it in hand vs combo decks). That said if I start seeing more Goyfs and Anglers, it'll make a reappearance.

gratz!

yes i also tried to cut the removal. I ended up regretting it :(. I gave too much away in the mirror and vs infect

Traveler
09-14-2016, 02:25 AM
gratz!

yes i also tried to cut the removal. I ended up regretting it :(. I gave too much away in the mirror and vs infect

I'm going to run a few leagues with 4 maindeck Warping Wail perhaps.

I haven't been running into the mirror at all. Or infect (which doesn't surprise me as much as missing the mirror).

Noloam_
09-14-2016, 03:28 AM
That is a spicy deck. Curious how explosive it is and what the rest of the 2k meta looked like

Also, FWIW, I went 3-0 at a local legacy event (drew rd 4 and split prizes in top 8) with the colorless build that noloam has been on

I kept Warping Wail and Spatial Contortion in the MB

Added 2 Ankh of Mishra in the SB for Lands (card was solid vs Miracles as well, taking 5 for playing a fetchland then saccing it to grab a Volc was great)

Gratz man! ankh seems pretty sweet. I Always lose to lands XD

benjiman13
09-14-2016, 05:10 AM
I did. Its a white eldrazi stax. I can PM you the list if you want.

Yes please! I want to play again prison!:tongue:

pateuglow
09-14-2016, 05:00 PM
Gratz man! ankh seems pretty sweet. I Always lose to lands XD

Thanks man- Ankh was prob sub optimal over All is Dust (couldn't find mine)

Will be adding 2x AID and seeing if Ankh can find a flex spot in the board. My local meta is very competitive focused. Miracles, Lands, Shardless, Grixis, Infect, D&T

Gheizen64
09-14-2016, 06:06 PM
I like that whitedrazi list, except i'd run jailer over kavu, and maybe not all 4 displacers because it's really mana intensive, not something you want to see in multiples usually, and it doesn't have particularly good targets in the deck (except jailer i guess).

Secretly.A.Bee
09-14-2016, 06:20 PM
I like that whitedrazi list, except i'd run jailer over kavu, and maybe not all 4 displacers because it's really mana intensive, not something you want to see in multiples usually, and it doesn't have particularly good targets in the deck (except jailer i guess).
Except that any time you can flicker a Smasher it will trigger your Mimics into 5/3's, flicker your TKS to exile a triggered Miracle card, flicker any creature targeted by a removal spell to counter said spell, etc., so on and so forth. Also, you don't always get Chalice early, and Displacer is pretty solid to use to draw out removal/permission, so drawing a second one is not such a big deal.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Noloam_
09-15-2016, 01:45 AM
if you cant choose between D&T and Colorless eldrazi, make white eldrazi

http://pix.iemoji.com/images/emoji/apple/ios-9/256/face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye.png

pateuglow
09-15-2016, 02:59 PM
Noloam - any significant changes you'd make to the MB in a paper event?

My meta is mostly Miracles, Infect, Lands, Grixis, Shardless, D&T.... basically all the T1 decks and then some randoms thrown in like Burn, NicFit, etc

Thanks! Taking your colorless build into a league tonight.

Noloam_
09-15-2016, 03:27 PM
Noloam - any significant changes you'd make to the MB in a paper event?

My meta is mostly Miracles, Infect, Lands, Grixis, Shardless, D&T.... basically all the T1 decks and then some randoms thrown in like Burn, NicFit, etc

Thanks! Taking your colorless build into a league tonight.

I gave this some thought and i think you should still run my normal build. Because this is what i also encouter online

If you have the feeling that you wont see a lot of combo, but think you will see (UR) burn decks

-1 thorn
-1 karakas

+2 Basilisk Collar

Good luck with your event! keep me posted on your results

Gheizen64
09-15-2016, 03:28 PM
Except that any time you can flicker a Smasher it will trigger your Mimics into 5/3's, flicker your TKS to exile a triggered Miracle card, flicker any creature targeted by a removal spell to counter said spell, etc., so on and so forth. Also, you don't always get Chalice early, and Displacer is pretty solid to use to draw out removal/permission, so drawing a second one is not such a big deal.

Except that list isn't running mimics? But ok. 3 mana is a lot to keep open only to dodge removal too, you need pressure not to keep that open.

But ok.

Secretly.A.Bee
09-15-2016, 05:52 PM
Condescend all you like, I think not playing Mimics is a mistake. I also never said I was basing my comments off the list. My post speaks only to Eldrazi Stompy and Displacer in a general sense. 3 mana isn't a lot to keep open if you have a Displacer and a TKS or Smasher live through a turn, and if they do sneak a removal spell through that is okay, it's having access to it in general so the option is there for when you need it.

I wasn't criticizing you, so I don't understand the childish attitude....

Gheizen64
09-16-2016, 07:15 AM
Condescend all you like, I think not playing Mimics is a mistake. I also never said I was basing my comments off the list. My post speaks only to Eldrazi Stompy and Displacer in a general sense. 3 mana isn't a lot to keep open if you have a Displacer and a TKS or Smasher live through a turn, and if they do sneak a removal spell through that is okay, it's having access to it in general so the option is there for when you need it.

I wasn't criticizing you, so I don't understand the childish attitude....

So why answer my point about that list? But ok.

Noloam_
09-16-2016, 07:25 AM
5-0 today. same list as usual. last 3 runs are 4-1,4-1 and 5-0. im quite blessed these days

won from:

-Merfolk
-Zoo
-Mentor Miracles
-Grixis delver
-Grixis control

Traveler
09-17-2016, 09:07 PM
5-0 today. same list as usual. last 3 runs are 4-1,4-1 and 5-0. im quite blessed these days

won from:

-Merfolk
-Zoo
-Mentor Miracles
-Grixis delver
-Grixis control

Congrats! People are going to start playing hate for us if we keep this up.

Noloam_
09-18-2016, 09:53 AM
Congrats! People are going to start playing hate for us if we keep this up.

tnx man. heheh correct! too bad my mtggoldfish list cant get any larger, they are now cutting 5-0 results on the bottom :(

pateuglow
09-18-2016, 11:20 AM
tnx man. heheh correct! too bad my mtggoldfish list cant get any larger, they are now cutting 5-0 results on the bottom :(

Sick brags :laugh:

Noloam_
09-18-2016, 11:42 AM
Sick brags :laugh:

hahah i do think this list is motivating me :). im quite a humble person if you know me better.

pateuglow
09-18-2016, 11:45 AM
hahah i do think this list is motivating me :). im quite a humble person if you know me better.

Was only joking man, I enjoy seeing your lists and running them.

I am curious, you are (I think) the most prolific Eldrazi player on MTGO - how many leagues do you join per week?

Armatas
09-18-2016, 08:45 PM
Tournament Report Orlando Classic 12th Place

So I brought this list to the Orlando Classic this morning:

26 Lands
4 Eye of Ugin
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Mishra's Workshop (I actually had no Wastes before the tournament, which is what these would be)
4 Cavern of Souls
3 City of Traitors
3 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

25 Creatures
4 Eldrazi Mimic
4 Endless One
4 Matter Reshaper
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Reality Smasher
4 Oblivion Sower
1 Ulamogg, the Ceaseless Hunger

9 Spells
4 Chalice of the Void
3 Dismember
2 Umezawa's Jitte

Sideboard:
4 Leyline of the Void
3 Thorn of Amethyst
2 Warping Wail
2 All is Dust
2 Ratchet Bomb
1 Duplicant
1 Endbringer

This is as comprehensive as I can make it given my very minor notes and ability to recall. I don't remember all the dice rolls so I'm just going to give a summary of each game as I remember it.

I started round one playing against Miracles with a minor Enlightened tutor package.

Game one I got a dominating board presence even through two swords bringing me to 33 and him to 13 with 14 power and no blockers. He has a Rest In Piece in play and top decks a Helm and activates.

Game two I have the nuts of turn one Thorn, turn two and three TKS taking Blood Moon and Mentor followed by turn 5 Smashers and we move on.

Game three starts with him failing to counter chalice on one while I drop two mimics of a turn three Eye then wait to drop a Smasher with WW backup to counter the terminus (they always have it.)

1-0 Games: 2-1

Round 2 against Lands (Yay....)

Game one I get a decent board presence of double seer to yank crop rotation and gamble. He draws into another crop rotation>depths with stage in play and enough mana to active. This was the turn after I hit him with Sower up to 9 lands. I swing in with the team and rather than use Maze, he taps it to Urborg to make Marit Lage going down to 3 lands and blocks my Sower. I play a land 2nd main phase and cast Ulamogg exiling his 20/20 and only red source. He still manages to loam back Chasm, but Ulamogg gives no shits ruining his library and leaving him with 9 cards that do nothing.

Game two he gets Marit Lage in play on turn three and I have no way to deal.

Game three I go Mimic>TKS>Smasher>Smasher>Smasher on a 5 land hand when he chooses to Waste on turn 1 and 2. His maze and 3 lands doesn't get there.

2-0 Games 4-2

Round 3 against Esper Deathblade (I didn't know what the hell he was game 1)

Game one he durdles badly and a TKS takes a STP and shows me Lingering Souls. I drop a Chalice on three (drawing some attention from the peanut gallery) and he can't get anything on the board.

Game two he finally shows me a Stoneforge into Batterskull. I use ratchet bomb to kill the token and Wail the mystic which was his only creature leaving him only the ability to return to hand and recast. I stumble finding an answer for the recasted Batterskull and he drops a True Name and two Deathrites to put me at lethal on board.

Game three I put down an early two Eldrazi Mimics do some early beating. Chalice on 1 keeps him from interacting so he drops Jace TMS and Brainstorms. At this point he hadn't yet see Sower and I cast it triggering my Mimics, exiling the Disenchant and TNN he just put on top, along with two lands as a bonus and killing the Jace and dropping him to 11. The next turn a Reality Smasher drops him to 1 past a Venser and he can't find any more outs.

3-0 Games 6-3

Round 4 was against Turbo Sneak Attack.

Game one he starts with Lotus Petal and Ancient tomb and passes. I drop two Mimics and get in some minor beats with a TKS showing me double Worldspine Worm, Sneak Attack and Through the Breach. He draws a City off the top and hits me with a 15/15 and it's good enough.

Game two he starts the game with a turn one Blood Moon off a petal and City of Traitors the turn after I drop ratchet bomb. Over the next three turns we make land drops and I dump Smasher and Matter Reshaper in play putting him to 15. He uses his two City of Traitors (thanks Blood Moon) and mountain to play Seething Song>Through the Breach>Griselbrand at my EOT and draws 14. The next turn he Seething Songs out Sneak Attack into double Worldspine and I'm done. Not a good matchup with my configuration despite him having really good draws.

3-1 Games 6-5

Round 4 I played Grixis Delver. I mean, it had to be sometime, right?

Game one he powers out Anglers 1, 2, and 3 and I sit behind my double turn 2 Reshapers ineffectively. We ground stall and he gets a Delver and a DRS online to slowly evade me out.

Game two he mulls to five and manages to stay in the game by Thoughseizing Jitte and forcing Chalice exiling Strix. He tries to crawl back in with 5 cantrips spells back to back but TKS and Sower are just too big.

Game three he Thoughseizes my Thought Knot seer and drops a turn two Gurmag followed by a ton of removal then followed by nearly every delver and DRS in his deck. I don't find an All is Dust and it's over.

3-2 Games 7-7

Round 6 against Nic Fit. Why can't I hold all this salt?

Game one he gets a the turn two 5 mana into GSZ fetching a Thragtusk. He follows up with a Dragonlord Dromoka that beats me way down and I can't get around the lifegain.

Game two he wiffs on Cabal Therapy and I live the dream of turn 3 Sower hitting 3 lands off the top and casting Dismember on Rhino. I use the next turn to find Ulamogg and the game ends shortly thereafter.

Game three was rough. I mulliganed to 6 and he gets Explorer into turn 3 Sigarda. I apply pressure with two Matter Reshapers that he refuses to block. He has to Swords to Plowshares a TKS giving me an extra turn or so. He draws 6 extra cards from Painful Truths and Thoughtseizes away my Duplicant that was stalling his Dragonlord Dromoka. He drops Dragonlord to hold off my Smasher and double Reshapers. I rip Dismember off the top and he's low enough that the Smasher in my hand forces him to block. He trades his board for one Smasher and both Reshapers and the trample and lack of lifelink leaves him at 1 life and he finds no out.

4-2 Games 9-8

Round 7 was appropriately against the mirror.

Game one we played card for card up until he dropped a Smasher with Mimic in play the turn after I tapped down to play Jitte. I follow up with Reshaper/equip and Dismember, attacking and use the Jitte counters to kill the mimic. He stalls for a turn and I drop Sower to grab more lands and whiff. I suit up the sower with Jitte and oppress my way to victory.

Game two was a beating. I played turn one Jitte (that I never got to equip) followed by double TKS (removing two of his 3 TKS from hand) and dropping Smasher. Unfortunately during all this he failed to find a third land to put him past 3 mana and the game is over in an anticlimactic fashion.

5-2 Game 11-8

15 points put me at 12th place after tiebreakers. 8th place had 16 points which seemed to be pretty closely communicated with the players at the top table. Either way, it was fairly successful.

This build has a very good long game compared to the Noloam build, as I like to call it. Against any grindy midrange decks it felt like Eye of Ugin was a real threat due to Sower and Ulamogg being a target. Just the threat of being able to exile two permanents caused a change in game play among my opponents. Oblivion Sower is very good in a world where Brainstorm is used to protect valuable cards from Thought-Knot Seer. It creates some major headaches for opponents to play around.

The sideboard was sort of lackluster. I only boarded in Leyline once and never saw it. It wasn't necessary to win in a lot of the games I played. If there was more Reanimator and Dredge presence it might have felt better. Turbo Sneak felt like I was watching someone goldfish without access to a Pithing Needle effect so I may need to have something like that available. However, I'm not sure the matchup isn't really so bad that you may want to ignore it.

This was my first major tournament on this list and it felt like I was much more proactive than my opponents in almost all of my games. Even my most stoic opponents had a reaction to TKS or Smasher dropping on turns two or three. This list is definitely a viable version since Ulamogg and Ob Sower help a lot with the random strategies that we don't often account for though it lacks a little of the explosiveness of lists using Petal or SSG.

Thanks for all the content you guys here provide. I wanted to contribute my personal experience to the hive mind.

TL,DR: Went to Orlando and channeled the spirit of HP Lovecraft. Did ok.

maraxusofkelds
09-18-2016, 09:08 PM
Ill do a write up later. Got 9th at channel fireballs 3k, but i shoulda gotten top 8(who split). Fml Went 5-2 and running the same list as before when i won the versus states 2k. A case of the sloppy morning cost me my first match against shardless. Things like not t1 dismembering a deathrite and holding it for gofy when I had two thought seers to play. Faced shardless, goblins, storm, dnt, burn, tnn deathblade, and dredge. Fking deathblade is the only matchup i consider damn near unwinnable. Raped my ass back and forth. I shoulda played better cuz it was a winnable first round vs shardless which cost me top 8. Meh.

Noloam_
09-19-2016, 03:41 AM
Was only joking man, I enjoy seeing your lists and running them.

I am curious, you are (I think) the most prolific Eldrazi player on MTGO - how many leagues do you join per week?

Thanks man! i believe it is arround 1 league a day

today my 20th 5-0

won from:

2-0 UR delver
2-0 Jund
2-0 Burn
2-0 Colorless eldrazi
2-1 sneaky show

ESG
09-19-2016, 04:46 AM
4 Mishra's Workshop (I actually had no Wastes before the tournament, which is what these would be)

Skip the Wastes; your deck is OP! ;)

RhoxWarMonk
09-19-2016, 11:17 AM

26 Lands
4 Eye of Ugin
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Cavern of Souls
3 City of Traitors
3 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

25 Creatures
4 Eldrazi Mimic
4 Endless One
4 Matter Reshaper
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Reality Smasher
4 Oblivion Sower
1 Ulamogg, the Ceaseless Hunger

9 Spells
4 Chalice of the Void
3 Dismember
2 Umezawa's Jitte

Sideboard:
4 Leyline of the Void
3 Thorn of Amethyst
2 Warping Wail
2 All is Dust
2 Ratchet Bomb
1 Duplicant
1 Endbringer

This is as comprehensive as I can make it given my very minor notes and ability to recall. I don't remember all the dice rolls so I'm just going to give a summary of each game as I remember it.

Great report and thanks for sharing. Did you mean wastelands instead of wastes? Those would be harder to come up with before the tournament but I wasn't sure if you were just expecting a lot of non basic hate to warrant 4 wastes instead.

What would you change overall to your build? Was 3 dismembers ever a problem for you in the main ?

pateuglow
09-19-2016, 11:25 AM
Am also very curious as to what matchups Oblivion Sower shines in

Armatas
09-19-2016, 03:24 PM
I did in fact mean Wasteland. Sorry that wasn't clear.

Oblivion Sower is exceptional against all the fair decks and makes Eye of Ugin activations significantly more accessible. It allows the deck to go into late game mode with more gusto and is still cheap enough to come down on turn 3.

Cire
09-19-2016, 03:45 PM
Of note - using a light white Eldrazi build (splash for displacer) I ran a Skysoveriegn instead of a Jitte (also ran scourge for the 3 power to crew soverign instead of reshaper). The assumption was the Sky Sovereign is pretty much just colorless removal/reach, that can be flickered and can "equip" onto the weaker Eldrazi almost like "equip 0: equipped creature has +2 or +3 /+0, and deal 3 damage to something." I was . . . very pleasantly surprised. It did pretty much what i usually used jitte for (reach and kill) minus the life gain. I am not sure it's the correct choice, but when thinking this or jitte, I actually preferred the sovereign over jitte, except for when I really wanted to equip jitte onto a factory.

Fatal
09-19-2016, 03:59 PM
It looks interesting "but" it cost 5 mana which can't be boost by Eye or Temple, so it doesn't come earlier then turn 3 (with 2 normal Sol lands which is quite unique).

Cire
09-19-2016, 04:15 PM
It looks interesting "but" it cost 5 mana which can't be boost by Eye or Temple, so it doesn't come earlier then turn 3 (with 2 normal Sol lands which is quite unique).

Yeah - but, again, maybe i'm playing it wrong, but I usually don't have an active Jitte till turn 4 anyway - I spend the earlier turns pumping out eldrazi, rarely do I do turn 1/2 jitte and then equip the turn after I play eldrazi (and equiping to Factory is a turn 4/5 move also)

Barook
09-19-2016, 09:45 PM
5 mana is my main issue with the card. Batterskull suffered from the same problem. Maybe it's better in builds featuring Grim Monolith.

MD.Ghost
09-20-2016, 02:51 AM
@Protoss Carrier/Skysoveriegn: I think it would be a better tech for "Eldrazi & Taxes", since it includes Displacer and a landbase without Eye of Ugin. Barook is right here, that "non Eldrazi" Stuff with high cc can be stuck in hand too easily.

Captain Hammer
09-20-2016, 03:28 AM
I love all the recent lists maindecking Ulamog 2.0.

Im a huge fan of the card. This is what I have been running...

Manabase
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Ancient Tomb
3 City of Traitors
4 Cloudpost
3 Glimmerpost
3 Vesuva
3 Eye of Ugin
2 Cavern of Souls

Core Cards
4 Chalice of the Void
4 Endless One
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Reality Smasher
4 Conduit of Ruin
1 Breaker of Armies
1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

Flex Slots
4 Eldrazi Mimic
2 Trinisphere
2 Dismember
2 Phyrexian Revoker
1 Umejawa's Jitte

Sideboard
3 Faerie Macabre
2 Warping Wail
2 Tsabo's Web
2 Ratchet Bomb
2 Thorn of Amethyst
2 Damping Matrix
2 All is Dust

The flex slots probably need some changing up to make the deck more well rounded.

I really love the cloudpost manabase. It lets me consistently power out All is Dust and Ulamog which I am also able to tutor up much more readily thanks to the extremely underrated Conduit of Ruin.

I tested both Sower and Conduit and Conduit consistently outperformed Sower for me but I would love to hear your experiences between the two.

Would also love to get peoples thoughts on further refining this build.

Noloam_
09-20-2016, 04:21 AM
i think ulamog will make you cry, if it is in your opener vs all tempo and combo decks

Armatas
09-20-2016, 04:43 AM
i think ulamog will make you cry, if it is in your opener vs all tempo and combo decks

The same could be said about Jitte and Dismember against combo. Also the same could be said drawing multiple legendary lands or City of Traitors against tempo. I think 1 card that you don't like in every matchup that lets you go over the top of the fair decks more often is definitely a valid option. I'm not saying it's right, but it gives you an out against weird things like Solitary Confinement lock (it happened to me twice in one day.)

That said, I don't know if Conduit of Ruin is a better option than Oblivion Sower. It doesn't do anything if countered, it does nothing the turn it comes into play (it's the first creature you play) and you have to reveal and put your search on top which opens you up to awkward things like getting Thought Scoured. It doesn't get you any close to activating Eye of Ugin and can be Dismembered. That's a lot of cons.

The cloudpost mana sacrifices a turn early to get you ahead on mana the next turn. This could lead to some challenging lines of play especially if you need to dodge Wasteland.

Just my two cents.

To answer the earlier question about the build I brought to the classic: I really didn't see Dismember as much as I'd like, but the games where I saw Jitte I dominated. I've changed my list to be 3 Jitte and 2 Dismember. Without any library manipulation running more than an average number of legendary permanents ends up being fine more often than not.

maraxusofkelds
09-20-2016, 04:44 AM
Why not just run 12 post with thought knots and reality smashers at that point?

Captain Hammer
09-20-2016, 05:32 AM
The same could be said about Jitte and Dismember against combo. Also the same could be said drawing multiple legendary lands or City of Traitors against tempo. I think 1 card that you don't like in every matchup that lets you go over the top of the fair decks more often is definitely a valid option. I'm not saying it's right, but it gives you an out against weird things like Solitary Confinement lock (it happened to me twice in one day.)

That said, I don't know if Conduit of Ruin is a better option than Oblivion Sower. It doesn't do anything if countered, it does nothing the turn it comes into play (it's the first creature you play) and you have to reveal and put your search on top which opens you up to awkward things like getting Thought Scoured. It doesn't get you any close to activating Eye of Ugin and can be Dismembered. That's a lot of cons.

The cloudpost mana sacrifices a turn early to get you ahead on mana the next turn. This could lead to some challenging lines of play especially if you need to dodge Wasteland.

Just my two cents.

To answer the earlier question about the build I brought to the classic: I really didn't see Dismember as much as I'd like, but the games where I saw Jitte I dominated. I've changed my list to be 3 Jitte and 2 Dismember. Without any library manipulation running more than an average number of legendary permanents ends up being fine more often than not.

Well said, the people dismissing ulamog are doing so because they havent played with and seen how ridiculous it is against fair decks.

I loved your 12th place list by the way. Will probably cut a Revoker for the second Jitte in my build.

As for Sower vs. Conduit, you dont need to activate Eye since Conduit gets you the Ulamog by it self, even if you dont have an Eye in hand. If you dont have the mana for Ulamog 2.0, it gets Breaker of Armies which is ridiculously powerful against fair decks as well. Ulamogs Crusher could serve a similar role but Breaker seems to outperform most matchups. Breaker is basically a one sided wrath that also makes all your other creatures unblockable which lets you alpha strike for the win pretty often.

I love Sower too but it was a lot less consistent for me than Conduit. It usually revealed 1 land and more often than not it was a fetchland. 3 Urborg isnt enough to count on having one every game. Conduit reduced mana costs much more consistently.

The Post base synergizes really well with the rest of the mana base. Vesuva copies Eldarizi Temple anytime you dont have a Cloudpost so its like youre playing 7 Temples.

Its hard to overstate how ridiculously potent it is to run a manabase where virtually every land you play generates 2 mana or more. But thats exactly what the above manabase does. It doesnt slow you down, it speeds you up and makes you care less when one of your lands gets blown up by a Wasteland.

Your opponent wastelanding your first turn Eye or Temple doesnt mana screw when you have post mana to back your mana accleration.

I highly encourage you to take the list for a spin. I think you will see what I mean and like some of these changes a lot.

Captain Hammer
09-20-2016, 06:21 AM
On a side note, what do you think of Eternal Scourge. It seems like its the only decent Eldrazi Wizards has printed in the past year. However, it seems better than Matter Reshaper in my eyes. It dodges StP unlike Matter Reshaper, has an extra point of toughness, can be cast using Eye of Ugin + Urborg mana and seems like the perfect thing to equip a Jitte to early game. I think I will make room for it ala...

Manabase
4 Eye of Ugin
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Ancient Tomb
3 City of Traitors
4 Cloudpost
3 Glimmerpost
3 Vesuva

Core Cards
4 Chalice of the Void
4 Endless One
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Reality Smasher
4 Conduit of Ruin
1 Breaker of Armies

Flex Slots
4 Eldrazi Mimic
4 Eternal Scourge
2 Dismember
2 Umejawa's Jitte

Sideboard
3 Faerie Macabre
2 Pithing Needle
2 Tsabo's Web
2 Ratchet Bomb
2 Thorn of Amethyst
2 Damping Matrix
2 All is Dust

I also upped the Jitte count based on your excellent performance with that card.

Noloam_
09-20-2016, 07:05 AM

Just my two cents.

jitte is never a blank. The lifegain can be relevant vs ANT and the -1/-1 can be relevant vs empty the warrens tokens and the +2/+2 counters can increase the clock. It is bad, but not totally blank. I agree with the cities, thats why i only play 2.

Its not just the 1 of ulamog, but also the sowers. That are just to expensive vs wasteland decks in my opinion. I play 2 endbringer, which is think is much more impressive than sower. Especially vs sneaky show. i also cut 1 of those after boarding vs wasteland decks most of the time.

Conduit of Ruin is just a bad option in my opinion. Sower is just better.

cloudpost seems good. but hands with eye + vesuva are a mulligan. Which make things even more akward. Dubble eye is bad, dubbble city is bad, city + vesuva is bad.

Noloam_
09-20-2016, 07:08 AM
On a side note, what do you think of Eternal Scourge. It seems like its the only decent Eldrazi Wizards has printed in the past year. However, it seems better than Matter Reshaper in my eyes. It dodges StP unlike Matter Reshaper, has an extra point of toughness, can be cast using Eye of Ugin + Urborg mana and seems like the perfect thing to equip a Jitte to early game. I think I will make room for it ala...

Manabase
4 Eye of Ugin
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Ancient Tomb
3 City of Traitors
4 Cloudpost
3 Glimmerpost
3 Vesuva

Core Cards
4 Chalice of the Void
4 Endless One
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Reality Smasher
4 Conduit of Ruin
1 Breaker of Armies

Flex Slots
4 Eldrazi Mimic
4 Eternal Scourge
2 Dismember
2 Umejawa's Jitte

Sideboard
3 Faerie Macabre
2 Pithing Needle
2 Tsabo's Web
2 Ratchet Bomb
2 Thorn of Amethyst
2 Damping Matrix
2 All is Dust

I also upped the Jitte count based on your excellent performance with that card.

If you want to run eternal scourge, you should run the serum powder build. That is a good combo. it gives you 8 or 9 card openers sometimes :)

MD.Ghost
09-20-2016, 07:36 AM

Gratz! and thanks for your report too.

I currently tinker a lot with Eldrazi & Taxes but i like your list, especially because it includes Ulamog 2.0 - the big bad boy was one of my first Eldrazi cards i purchased and i brewed a lot with him at the beginning of the "Eldrazi era".

I feel Oblivion Sower are the deal with him, i am not sold on every slot of your list, but overall i think Sower are good enough in a meta with other Eldrazi decks and the body is also bigger than most gofy/angler stuff which means that "trigger mimic" can also result into nice swings.

I would snap keep your core of the deck and add some personal adjustments like: Eldrazi Displacer (i love this card), Warping Wail, even a pair of Wastes and Karakas.

I think if i would not run "Eldrazi & Taxes" the next tournament i would try the following brew:

Land (26)
4x Ancient Tomb
4x Cavern of Souls
4x Eldrazi Temple
3x Eye of Ugin
3x Mishra's Factory
2x City of Traitors
2x Karakas
2x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
2x Wastes

Creature (25)
4x Eldrazi Mimic
4x Endless One
4x Reality Smasher
4x Thought-Knot Seer
3x Matter Reshaper
3x Oblivion Sower
2x Eldrazi Displacer
1x Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

Artifact (5)
4x Chalice of the Void
1x Umezawa's Jitte

Instant (4)
2x Dismember
2x Warping Wail

Sideboard (15)
4x Leyline of the Void
3x Thorn of Amethyst
2x All Is Dust
2x Endbringer
2x Ratchet Bomb
2x Spatial Contortion

Only 6 lands for Displacer can be bad, but overall the build only contains 2 Displacer that can also land onto the field with Reshaper or enemy lands thanks to Oblivion Sower. The build should be able to answer any situation and it will not scoop to stuff like Blood Moon, Moat, Ensnaring Bridge or nasty creatures like Emrakul or Marit Lage.

Captain Hammer
09-20-2016, 12:56 PM
If you want to run eternal scourge, you should run the serum powder build. That is a good combo. it gives you 8 or 9 card openers sometimes :)

Thanks. Actually I was incorrect, Eternal Scourge ended up not being better than Matter Reshaper or Phyrexian Revoker.

From that list you quoted, I have switched back over to playing Matter Reshaper instead.
-4 Eternal Scourge
+4 Matter Reshaper

In addition, I have since cut Conduit of Ruin for Oblivion Sower. I like both cards but with the increasing presence of the mirror match over the past few months and the decreasing number of fetchlands by comparsion, Sower has become much stronger than he was 6 months ago...
-4 Conduit of Ruin
-1 Breaker of Armies
-1 Eye of Ugin
+4 Oblivion Sower
+1 Phyrexian Revoker
+1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

Cire
09-20-2016, 02:57 PM

That's pretty neat, never noticed that. Has this been tested and thrown out? I haven't seen any serum powder builds putting up numbers, is it just an inferior version of colorless eldrazi?

What would the build look like?

4 Ancient Tomb
4 Cavern of Souls
4 City of Traitors
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Eye of Ugin
4 Mishra's Factory

4 Eldrazi Mimic
4 Endless One
4 Eternal Scourge
4 Reality Smasher
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Matter Reshaper

4 Chalice of the Void
4 Serum Powder
2 Umezawa's Jitte
2 Dismember

Noloam_
09-20-2016, 04:49 PM
That's pretty neat, never noticed that. Has this been tested and thrown out? I haven't seen any serum powder builds putting up numbers, is it just an inferior version of colorless eldrazi?

What would the build look like?

4 Ancient Tomb
4 Cavern of Souls
4 City of Traitors
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Eye of Ugin
4 Mishra's Factory

4 Eldrazi Mimic
4 Endless One
4 Eternal Scourge
4 Reality Smasher
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Matter Reshaper

4 Chalice of the Void
4 Serum Powder
2 Umezawa's Jitte
2 Dismember

it is populair in my area.

I believe it is similar to the list above. but no factories but 4 wastelands. i dont know enough about it, but it will be testing it. THe serum powder also provides colorless mana if they have bloodmoon. But i think flipping reshaper into serum powder, is not impessive

Captain Hammer
09-20-2016, 05:31 PM
I know the Cloudpost manabase is controversial.

If you're interested in going that route, I discuss the pros and cons of my most current recommended build here under the heading Oblivion Build... http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?30484-Primer-Tentacle-Smash-%96-Eldrazi-Aggro-Feat-10-Post&p=937327&viewfull=1#post937327

Manabase
3 Eye of Ugin
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Ancient Tomb
3 City of Traitors
4 Cloudpost
3 Glimmerpost
3 Vesuva

Core Cards
4 Chalice of the Void
4 Endless One
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Reality Smasher
4 Oblivion Sower

Flex Slots
4 Eldrazi Mimic
4 Matter Reshaper
2 Dismember
2 Umezawa's Jitte
1 Phyrexian Revoker

Sideboard
2 Faerie Macabre
2 Phyrexian Revoker
2 Tsabo's Web
2 Ratchet Bomb
2 Thorn of Amethyst
2 Trinisphere
2 All is Dust
1 Duplicant

But I wanted to post a quick summary of my explanation for going with a Post manabase...

The Post manabase is designed such that virtually every single land the deck plays produces 2 or more mana on average. It makes it much easier to recover if your Temple gets Wastelanded. It also lets you bait your opponent to use their first turn Wasteland on something scary like a Cloudpost if you open with a land rich hand. Depending on what your hand contains, this can slow your opponent down far more than it slows you down. Wasteland decks typically tend to be slower than Eldrazi decks, giving you enough time to make a recovery. Yes the deck can generate absurd amounts of mana by the midgame, but between Ulamog, Eye Activations, Conduit Tutoring Up Beefy Threats, All is Dust and Breaker of Armies, you can always find a way to utilize as much mana as you can get your hands on. This makes it very hard for fair decks like Miracles, Death and Taxes, Grixis and other Eldrazi Aggro decks to maintain a board advantage and win. Given the state of the current meta where these decks are dominating Top 8s, I really think this is a viable path to go.

x4 Ancient Tomb – Sol Land #1-4. Due to the more aggressive nature of this deck, it can cope with the lifeloss better than Turbo Eldrazi. The ability to power out a Chalice at 1 on turn 1 makes it an automatic 4 of in this list.

x3-4 City of Traitors – Sol Land #5-8. Since the deck functionally plays 24 Sol Lands, it just needs 3 of any combination of it’s 24 Sol Lands in the first 10 cards to be able to top off it’s mana curve and lay down Conduit of Ruins (which make the other threats in the deck even cheaper to cast). Due to requiring such a low number of lands to top off the curve, City of Traitors is almost always the perfect land to plop down turn 3.

x4 Eldrazi Temple – Sol Land #9-12. Temples can be played in multiples, is a great target for Vesuva, and given the high density of Eldrazi spells, it is bar none the best land in the deck. Play four copies, always.

x3-4 Eye of Ugin – Sol Land #13-16. Despite the fact that Eye is legendary, I play 3-4 due to the high density of Eldrazi spells in the maindeck and the fact that it's tutoring effect is so much more usable here thanks to Cloudpost mana. Yes you will have the occasional opening hand with 2 Eye of Ugins. But just as frequently, an Eye of Ugin in your opening hand pumps out multiple Eldrazi Mimics and Endless Ones turn one followed by a Thought-Knot Seer turn 2, a Conduit of Ruin turn 3 and an Ulamog turn 4. It’s a frequent Wasteland target so it’s not always bad to have in multiples.

x4 Cloudpost – Sol Land #17-20. Quite possibly the second best land in the deck. Even if you have only one post land in your opening hand, there are still 3 Cloudposts, 3 Glimmerposts, and 3 Vesuva left in the deck so the odds are fairly good that Cloudpost will be tapping for atleast 2 mana by midgame. Thus Cloudpost effectively functions as yet another Sol Land in this deck.

x3 Vesuva – Sol Land #21-23. Between 4 Cloudposts, 4 Eldrazi Temples and 4 Ancient Tomb, you’re never lacking for Vesuva targets, and this land essentially functions as Sol land 21-23 as a result. It can even gain you life by copying a Glimmerpost if you’re down to single digits. However, the fact that it usually comes into play tapped is enough to make it a 3 of. As a side note, it only comes into play tapped if you choose a land for it to copy. If you or your opponent have an Urborg or Moon effect out, you can opt to play Vesuva without copying another land thus having it come into play untapped, and then tap it to produce a B/R mana that same turn.

x1-2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth – As a 1-2 of in a build that plays 3-4 Eye of Ugin, this land functions as Sol Land #23-24 more often than not. The main reason the cards is worth playing is that it lets you tap Eye of Ugin to generate an additional B mana but it has the additional function of allowing Dismember to be castable without the lifeloss. It can also be very helpful if you opt to play Oblivion Sowers in lieu of Conduit of Ruin against any matchup that plays fetchlands, for obvious reasons. If you're maindecking Oblivion Sower, I would definitely play atleast 2 Urborg.

x3 Glimmerpost – I have frequently gone back and forth on playing a full playset main deck. The life gain can be helpful in some matchups. However, the fact that it produces only 1 mana a turn unlike every other land in the deck makes it one of the weakest links in the mana base.

Cire
09-21-2016, 10:17 AM
it is populair in my area.

I believe it is similar to the list above. but no factories but 4 wastelands. i dont know enough about it, but it will be testing it. THe serum powder also provides colorless mana if they have bloodmoon. But i think flipping reshaper into serum powder, is not impessive

Ran some games with the above draft list. . . 4 Lotus Petal's a definitely needed. Serum Powder's power comes from the ability to assure a turn 1 chalice, not the whole Scourge thing, so you need to increase your chances of powering out the chalice. I don't know what to take out though. Maybe the reshapers and/or wastelands/factories?

Captain Hammer
09-21-2016, 02:02 PM
Serum Powder's power comes from the ability to assure a turn 1 chalice, not the whole Scourge thing, so you need to increase your chances of powering out the chalice. I don't know what to take out though. Maybe the reshapers and/or wastelands/factories?

You're right about that. Ultimately I don't think having to maindeck 4 copies of a relatively weak card like Serum Powder is worth it. If you really wanted to try it, you could swap Reshapers out with Scourge and cut a Factory and find 3 more cards to cut for Serum Powder. I wouldn't bother with Lotus Petal. If you really wanted to play something along those lines, Simian Spirit Guide is probably your best bet. It does the same thing as Lotus Petal but also lets you dodge Daze, lets you cast Chalice at 0 without hesistation, and can even be hardcast under a Blood Moon to carry a Jitte.

But again, I think having to run a crappy card like Serum Powder just to improve another subpar card like Eternal Scourge that's not as strong as the card it would be replacing doesn't make much sense. Going this route forces you to pack your deck with vanilla 3 power creatures instead of threats disruptive enough to actually win you the game. I think Big Eldrazi integrating 10 Post and Ulamog so that you're essentially playing 24 Sol Lands maindeck is the most promising way to advance the deck. Big Eldrazi decks already put up 2 Top 8s in the most recent SCG and another Top 8 at the one before that so there isn't much debate about the utility of Sower+Ulamog.

I would be very surprised if ultimately, some Big Eldrazi 10 Post build very close to the list I posted two posts above, doesn't prove to be the strongest version of Eldrazi for the current meta. In fact I think such a list is quite possibly the strongest deck in Legacy at the moment, atleast until the meta adjusts.

Cire
09-21-2016, 02:56 PM
I don't think the post mana base - with no cavern of souls or utility lands is worth it for the benefit of Ulamog.

Noloam_
09-22-2016, 01:53 AM
Ran some games with the above draft list. . . 4 Lotus Petal's a definitely needed. Serum Powder's power comes from the ability to assure a turn 1 chalice, not the whole Scourge thing, so you need to increase your chances of powering out the chalice. I don't know what to take out though. Maybe the reshapers and/or wastelands/factories?

well if you do that, run SCG. SCG is just always better than petal in colorless eldrazi. but i think petal + powder + lands topdecks lategame will be very bad.

Noloam_
09-22-2016, 04:19 AM
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?type=card&multiverseid=417787

im quite convinced that this will become an eldrazi staple. another reality smasher effect is all you want. Tapping factory to activate this dude is also sweet

what do you guys think?

Barook
09-22-2016, 04:20 AM
Just throwing it in there:

Maybe it's too cute, but with Serum Powder + Eternal Scourge, I wonder if Food Chain becomes a bit more viable. Infinite/Infinite Endless Ones do have some appeal (as long as they aren't chump-blocked), as does hardcasting some Eldrazi Titans. Conduit of Ruin could be used to tutor for Eldrazi fat in a synergistic way with Food Chain.

Even with ESG, casting Food Chain is probably the main problem, though.

Edit: Fleetwheel Cruiser doesn't trigger Mimic, right? As for Factory, you still need to pay :1: to activate the Factory before getting it to crew the cruiser.

MD.Ghost
09-22-2016, 04:55 AM

im quite convinced that this will become an eldrazi staple. another reality smasher effect is all you want. Tapping factory to activate this dude is also sweet

what do you guys think?

Sadly it don't trigger Mimic (otherwise it would be really great) on the other side it:
+can be used with Mimic that are useless later if you can't cast big eldrazi bodies
+dodges sorcery sweeper like Toxic Deluge (since most of the time it is not a creature)
+can go to town with Eldrazi that have summoning sickness (yeah they can't attack, but they can drive :cool:)
+5/3 Trample + Haste for 4 Mana sounds nice :cool:
+if killed with removal the driving Eldrazi is still alive (:laugh:)
+it does something (at least one attack) if your field is empty and continue the beats if you topdeck a creature (see above) the following turn

But:
-you still invest 4 non-eldrazi Mana which can also be: Cast+Equip Jitte or a big eldrazi boy from TKS to Endbringer (counting Eye/Temple) etc.
-5/3 Racer still dies to bolt (see Lodestone Golem) and some 3 Power Creatures (Clique/TNN/Thalia 2.0 etc.) from other decks
-no Cavern Protection and can also be hit from Spell Pierce and Artifact Removal
-one Mana more will lead to Batterskull or the new Skyship (which kills Delver with EtB)

Noloam_
09-22-2016, 05:48 AM
Sadly it don't trigger Mimic (otherwise it would be really great) on the other side it:
+can be used with Mimic that are useless later if you can't cast big eldrazi bodies
+dodges sorcery sweeper like Toxic Deluge (since most of the time it is not a creature)
+can go to town with Eldrazi that have summoning sickness (yeah they can't attack, but they can drive :cool:)
+5/3 Trample + Haste for 4 Mana sounds nice :cool:
+if killed with removal the driving Eldrazi is still alive (:laugh:)
+it does something (at least one attack) if your field is empty and continue the beats if you topdeck a creature (see above) the following turn

But:
-you still invest 4 non-eldrazi Mana which can also be: Cast+Equip Jitte or a big eldrazi boy from TKS to Endbringer (counting Eye/Temple) etc.
-5/3 Racer still dies to bolt (see Lodestone Golem) and some 3 Power Creatures (Clique/TNN/Thalia 2.0 etc.) from other decks
-no Cavern Protection and can also be hit from Spell Pierce and Artifact Removal
-one Mana more will lead to Batterskull or the new Skyship (which kills Delver with EtB)

you got some good points buddy. but playing this dude turn 4 into smasher a turn later, sounds great. the biggest issue is indeed the mana issue.

dodging terminus seems great.

they see me rollin :cool: .........

keys
09-22-2016, 08:53 AM
dodging terminus seems great.

But your pilots don't dodge it... You have to think of these like Equipment but with a totem armor attached.

Noloam_
09-22-2016, 09:18 AM
But your pilots don't dodge it... You have to think of these like Equipment but with a totem armor attached.

mishras factory does doge it. and if you dont have the factory, you can slam a treat on your turn and attack again

Poron
09-22-2016, 09:27 AM
everything right unless they Terminus in your turn which is like.. 90% of the times.

Secretly.A.Bee
09-22-2016, 09:41 AM
mishras factory does doge it. and if you dont have the factory, you can slam a treat on your turn and attack again
Nothing says blowout like a Terminus after activating Factory and crewing the Vehicle.

Noloam_
09-22-2016, 01:45 PM
Nothing says blowout like a Terminus after activating Factory and crewing the Vehicle.

that whould be the second terminus then lol. we are talking about getting your game straight after a terminus. you only get blown out by luck or overextending

maraxusofkelds
09-22-2016, 01:59 PM
If u are running vehicles, you will need the oblivion sower/grim monolith builds. Without eye or temple mana, a sky soverign is harder to cast 80% of the time than an all is dust, and u might as well play that anytime over.

Cire
09-22-2016, 02:00 PM

I'm quite convinced that this will become an Eldrazi staple. another reality smasher effect is all you want. Tapping factory to activate this dude is also sweet

what do you guys think?

What spot does this take-up? It's not really a creature. . . its more like an equipment. One that almost reads

Equiped creature has +~3/+0 and trample
Equip 0

So outside the first turn - where it hits for 5, not sure it's worth anything you take out. For example, i was arguing for Skysoveriegn earlier. That vehichle at least acts like removal so it can take over jitte's spot. This doesn't.

Noloam_
09-22-2016, 03:05 PM
What spot does this take-up? It's not really a creature. . . its more like an equipment. One that almost reads

Equiped creature has +~3/+0 and trample
Equip 0

So outside the first turn - where it hits for 5, not sure it's worth anything you take out. For example, i was arguing for Skysoveriegn earlier. That vehichle at least acts like removal so it can take over jitte's spot. This doesn't.

im more thinking about moving the 2 endbringers to the sideboard for 2 of these dudes. i think i win about 75% of my games due to reality smasher. so i guess a effect like this should work. altough its hard to cut.

im just speculating. i hope i wont get as disappointed as i got form lodestone golem. That dude ate a bolt all day.

pateuglow
09-23-2016, 08:59 AM
Does anyone else feel like Jitte underperforms nearly always?

That is a card I really don't like MB, but with nearly ubiquitous adoption, it's hard to argue against.

Is this just the 1st card to cut in 80% of g2 sideboards?

Noloam_
09-23-2016, 09:37 AM
Does anyone else feel like Jitte underperforms nearly always?

That is a card I really don't like MB, but with nearly ubiquitous adoption, it's hard to argue against.

Is this just the 1st card to cut in 80% of g2 sideboards?

nope. i only cut 2 vs combo. i cut 1 vs miracles. i leave it in in 90% of the matchups

maraxusofkelds
09-23-2016, 01:10 PM
You dont cut vs delver or shardless?

RhoxWarMonk
09-23-2016, 03:57 PM

Depends on which delver deck but I always keep both in against grixis. So good against pyromancer and other problem creatures.

Shardless I usually leave one in but I'm not sure if that's the right decision. I never cut both of them in this matchup.

I do cut both against non mentor miracles and combo. I generally cut both against lands as well...

Noloam_
09-23-2016, 04:45 PM

no way!

Armatas
09-23-2016, 07:42 PM
no way!

Shardless and Delver are still trying to kill you with efficient chip damage and creatures. They can't deal with persistent removal, life gain or significant pressure. Jitte lets you turn your creatures into any of those 3.

I had a Delver opponent tank hard on a turn one thoughseize between Chalice and Jitte. He ultimately took Jitte and gambled on having a blue card to pitch to force by turn 2. It's much better in those matchups than Thorn in many situations.

Cave
09-24-2016, 04:17 AM
I don't think that this vehicle is the right card for the deck.

1. It doesn't trigger Mimic for that beautiful "swing you for 10" effect.
2. It gets no Eldrazi-discounts (temple-eye) and it's harder to cast.
3. Its toughness is too low (-> Lightning Bolt, Delver, Mongoose).
4. It does not protect itself: remember that most removals are istant speed.

I must admit that this vehicle is very strong vs sorcery mass removal spells (toxic deluge/supreme verdict) because during your following turn you can cast an eldrazi (say, TKS), crew it and immediately swing because of haste and profit of the empty battlefield. But this is a very niche scenario.

However it appears to me that it's clearly worse than smasher. If I was forced to add another creature, it'd be another eldrazi.

maraxusofkelds
09-24-2016, 03:00 PM
Fuck I guess I've been playing the delver matchup wrong then in regards to jitte. I took em out cuz the creatures Id equip them to would just get bolted. Do you play it later after you established a bolt proof board like with endless one/thought knots/reality smasher or do you rush it out rather than cast a thought knot if you have a creature on board?

Armatas
09-24-2016, 03:51 PM
Do you play it later after you established a bolt proof board like with endless one/thought knots/reality smasher or do you rush it out rather than cast a thought knot if you have a creature on board?

The early lines of play with delver are really critical since their game plan is to get just far enough ahead to win. You may have to make early sequencing decisions on the fly.

Bolt is only effective against 8 of our creatures (depending on build) and even if they use it on your creatures, it's not being pointed at you to shorten the clock.

TKS should always be a priority though since Delver has no pure card advantage; just cantrips and card selection. Jitte can virtually end the game in one attack step and two swings lowers their odds into the single digits.

Captain Hammer
09-25-2016, 12:49 AM
Would appreciate some input on the sideboard.

The list has been ridiculously good all weekend. The only matchup that gave me any difficulty at all this entire weekend was Dredge, and I attribute that to not expecting this matchup and thus not playing 4 Leyline of the Void in the board. Especially with the current build now playing 2 Urborg, Leyline makes perfect sense.

I am more confident than ever that if I find a way to make room for 4 Leylines in the sideboard, the deck is damn near unstoppable in the current meta. The Cloudposts have made the deck more consistently able to overrun opponents and have also made the deck much more resistant to Wasteland, making it much less reliant on Temple/Eye and far better able to recover from Grixis's attempts to mana screw you

However I can't figure out what to cut from my current board, aside from the 2 Fairie Macabre, to make room for 4 Leylines. Every sideboard card I play ended up being useful.

What do you guys think is the least essential card in my current sideboard that should get cut to make room for the last 2 Leylines? This is in reference to the below list...

I know the Cloudpost manabase is controversial.

If you're interested in going that route, I discuss the pros and cons of my most current recommended build here under the heading Oblivion Build... http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?30484-Primer-Tentacle-Smash-%96-Eldrazi-Aggro-Feat-10-Post&p=937327&viewfull=1#post937327

Manabase
3 Eye of Ugin
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Ancient Tomb
3 City of Traitors
4 Cloudpost
3 Glimmerpost
3 Vesuva

Core Cards
4 Chalice of the Void
4 Endless One
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Reality Smasher
4 Oblivion Sower

Flex Slots
4 Eldrazi Mimic
4 Matter Reshaper
2 Dismember
2 Umezawa's Jitte
1 Phyrexian Revoker

Sideboard
2 Faerie Macabre
2 Phyrexian Revoker
2 Tsabo's Web
2 Ratchet Bomb
2 Thorn of Amethyst
2 Trinisphere
2 All is Dust
1 Duplicant

But I wanted to post a quick summary of my explanation for going with a Post manabase...

The Post manabase is designed such that virtually every single land the deck plays produces 2 or more mana on average. It makes it much easier to recover if your Temple gets Wastelanded. It also lets you bait your opponent to use their first turn Wasteland on something scary like a Cloudpost if you open with a land rich hand. Depending on what your hand contains, this can slow your opponent down far more than it slows you down. Wasteland decks typically tend to be slower than Eldrazi decks, giving you enough time to make a recovery. Yes the deck can generate absurd amounts of mana by the midgame, but between Ulamog, Eye Activations, Conduit Tutoring Up Beefy Threats, All is Dust and Breaker of Armies, you can always find a way to utilize as much mana as you can get your hands on. This makes it very hard for fair decks like Miracles, Death and Taxes, Grixis and other Eldrazi Aggro decks to maintain a board advantage and win. Given the state of the current meta where these decks are dominating Top 8s, I really think this is a viable path to go.

x4 Ancient Tomb – Sol Land #1-4. Due to the more aggressive nature of this deck, it can cope with the lifeloss better than Turbo Eldrazi. The ability to power out a Chalice at 1 on turn 1 makes it an automatic 4 of in this list.

x3-4 City of Traitors – Sol Land #5-8. Since the deck functionally plays 24 Sol Lands, it just needs 3 of any combination of it’s 24 Sol Lands in the first 10 cards to be able to top off it’s mana curve and lay down Conduit of Ruins (which make the other threats in the deck even cheaper to cast). Due to requiring such a low number of lands to top off the curve, City of Traitors is almost always the perfect land to plop down turn 3.

x4 Eldrazi Temple – Sol Land #9-12. Temples can be played in multiples, is a great target for Vesuva, and given the high density of Eldrazi spells, it is bar none the best land in the deck. Play four copies, always.

x3-4 Eye of Ugin – Sol Land #13-16. Despite the fact that Eye is legendary, I play 3-4 due to the high density of Eldrazi spells in the maindeck and the fact that it's tutoring effect is so much more usable here thanks to Cloudpost mana. Yes you will have the occasional opening hand with 2 Eye of Ugins. But just as frequently, an Eye of Ugin in your opening hand pumps out multiple Eldrazi Mimics and Endless Ones turn one followed by a Thought-Knot Seer turn 2, a Conduit of Ruin turn 3 and an Ulamog turn 4. It’s a frequent Wasteland target so it’s not always bad to have in multiples.

x4 Cloudpost – Sol Land #17-20. Quite possibly the second best land in the deck. Even if you have only one post land in your opening hand, there are still 3 Cloudposts, 3 Glimmerposts, and 3 Vesuva left in the deck so the odds are fairly good that Cloudpost will be tapping for atleast 2 mana by midgame. Thus Cloudpost effectively functions as yet another Sol Land in this deck.

x3 Vesuva – Sol Land #21-23. Between 4 Cloudposts, 4 Eldrazi Temples and 4 Ancient Tomb, you’re never lacking for Vesuva targets, and this land essentially functions as Sol land 21-23 as a result. It can even gain you life by copying a Glimmerpost if you’re down to single digits. However, the fact that it usually comes into play tapped is enough to make it a 3 of. As a side note, it only comes into play tapped if you choose a land for it to copy. If you or your opponent have an Urborg or Moon effect out, you can opt to play Vesuva without copying another land thus having it come into play untapped, and then tap it to produce a B/R mana that same turn.

x1-2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth – As a 1-2 of in a build that plays 3-4 Eye of Ugin, this land functions as Sol Land #23-24 more often than not. The main reason the cards is worth playing is that it lets you tap Eye of Ugin to generate an additional B mana but it has the additional function of allowing Dismember to be castable without the lifeloss. It can also be very helpful if you opt to play Oblivion Sowers in lieu of Conduit of Ruin against any matchup that plays fetchlands, for obvious reasons. If you're maindecking Oblivion Sower, I would definitely play atleast 2 Urborg.

x3 Glimmerpost – I have frequently gone back and forth on playing a full playset main deck. The life gain can be helpful in some matchups. However, the fact that it produces only 1 mana a turn unlike every other land in the deck makes it one of the weakest links in the mana base.

Would greatly appreciate any input you can provide on this. Because I am convinced more than ever after this past weekend that this is the strongest deck in Legacy at the moment once it fills the vulnerability in the current sideboard to Dredge.

My current inclination is to cut Rachet Bomb and thus go...
SB +4 Leyline of the Void
SB -2 Fairie Macabre
SB -2 Rachet Bomb

However, even Rachet Bomb has been solid, blowing up a ton of Pyromancer tokens, Delvers and even a Counterbalance this past weekend. So I'm not 100% certain this is the best card to cut.

ESG
09-25-2016, 02:56 PM
I don't think that this vehicle is the right card for the deck.

1. It doesn't trigger Mimic for that beautiful "swing you for 10" effect.
2. It gets no Eldrazi-discounts (temple-eye) and it's harder to cast.
3. Its toughness is too low (-> Lightning Bolt, Delver, Mongoose).
4. It does not protect itself: remember that most removals are istant speed.

I must admit that this vehicle is very strong vs sorcery mass removal spells (toxic deluge/supreme verdict) because during your following turn you can cast an eldrazi (say, TKS), crew it and immediately swing because of haste and profit of the empty battlefield. But this is a very niche scenario.

However it appears to me that it's clearly worse than smasher. If I was forced to add another creature, it'd be another eldrazi.

I agree with your points. I think the worst disadvantage is #2. I did some testing with Smuggler's Copter and thought that performed better. Flying was very relevant (blocks Delvers that slip through Chalice), as was the loot ability in a deck that can have clunky hands. I think Mishra's Factory is a natural best friend of the Copter, and it further insulates you from Toxic Deluge. Both of these help vs. Terminus, acting as sleeping creatures held in reserve.

pateuglow
09-25-2016, 08:24 PM
nope. i only cut 2 vs combo. i cut 1 vs miracles. i leave it in in 90% of the matchups

Hm. Maybe I'm just playing it wrong or haven't had great luck with it.

Noloam_
09-26-2016, 07:34 AM
5-0 today

2-0 miracles (he kept a 1 lander with 4 tops. Didnt work out ayyy XD)
2-0 sneaky show
2-0 infect
2-0 ANT
2-1 reanimator

all games my opponent were so darn unlucky LMAO.

caprino
09-27-2016, 09:01 AM
5-0 today

2-0 miracles (he kept a 1 lander with 4 tops. Didnt work out ayyy XD)
2-0 sneaky show
2-0 infect
2-0 ANT
2-1 reanimator

all games my opponent were so darn unlucky LMAO.

decklist and side?

Noloam_
09-27-2016, 09:21 AM
decklist and side?

see my signature. its always the same

Cire
09-27-2016, 09:58 AM
@ Noloam, I've continued to experiment with the serum powder list and thought about removing all the removal and going for more beats so I turned to fleetwheel. I'm immensely enjoying the below build. It's not as consistent as regular eldrazi, but I am liking the explosiveness of it.

4 Ancient Tomb
4 Cavern of Souls
4 City of Traitors
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Eye of Ugin

4 Eldrazi Mimic
4 Endless One
4 Eternal Scourge
4 Reality Smasher
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Matter Reshaper

4 Chalice of the Void
4 Serum Powder
4 Fleetwheel Cruiser

caprino
09-27-2016, 10:21 AM
see my signature. its always the same

I do not see Your List

f7eleven
09-27-2016, 12:07 PM
I do not see Your List

http://i.imgur.com/xpfnv3a.gif

caprino
09-27-2016, 12:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/xpfnv3a.gif
ahahahahahah

Noloam_
09-27-2016, 04:54 PM
I do not see Your List

Eldrazi stompy list: http://www.mtggoldfish.com/player/noloam

Noloam_
09-27-2016, 04:54 PM
@ Noloam, I've continued to experiment with the serum powder list and thought about removing all the removal and going for more beats so I turned to fleetwheel. I'm immensely enjoying the below build. It's not as consistent as regular eldrazi, but I am liking the explosiveness of it.

4 Ancient Tomb
4 Cavern of Souls
4 City of Traitors
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Eye of Ugin

4 Eldrazi Mimic
4 Endless One
4 Eternal Scourge
4 Reality Smasher
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Matter Reshaper

4 Chalice of the Void
4 Serum Powder
4 Fleetwheel Cruiser

this looks awesome! im think i will give this a try. i will never run 4 city and 4 urborg tough

mariobross
09-27-2016, 06:24 PM
I think the Serum version looks good. But there is some problem fo me:
- I prefere 25 lands + serum(is not good accelleration)
- Cruiser whitout mishra is not right choise
- 4 urborg and 4 city whit only 24 lands is creazy...

I woul like to try the deck with:
-1 Urborg
-1 City
-1 Cruiser(4 are probably too much)
+3 mishra

What do you think?

P.s. sorry for my english...

maraxusofkelds
09-28-2016, 02:33 AM
Top 8 eldrazi at Ovino ran Eldrazi displacer in main, and 2 Basilisk collar in the side. Glad it is catching on.

caprino
09-28-2016, 04:14 AM
Eldrazi stompy list: http://www.mtggoldfish.com/player/noloam

Side in and side out Vs miracle, bug, death and taxes?

Noloam_
09-28-2016, 06:19 AM
Side in and side out Vs miracle, bug, death and taxes?

my sideboard guide is on page 36 of this topic

caprino
09-28-2016, 09:06 AM

matchup easy and matchup hard?

Cire
09-28-2016, 09:08 AM
this looks awesome! im think i will give this a try. i will never run 4 city and 4 urborg tough
I think the Serum version looks good. But there is some problem fo me:
- I prefere 25 lands + serum(is not good accelleration)
- Cruiser whitout mishra is not right choise
- 4 urborg and 4 city whit only 24 lands is creazy...

I woul like to try the deck with:
-1 Urborg
-1 City
-1 Cruiser(4 are probably too much)
+3 mishra

What do you think?

P.s. sorry for my english...

Ha, thanks guys! Yeah - the list has some easy ways to make it better, mariobross' changes seem excellent. Really, the only thing special about it was the concept that if you're going serum powder, you should go all in and replace the removal with more threats. We were already talking about Fleetwheel, and it fits in perfectly in the leftover spaces.

Noloam_
09-28-2016, 09:59 AM
Ha, thanks guys! Yeah - the list has some easy ways to make it better, mariobross' changes seem excellent. Really, the only thing special about it was the concept that if you're going serum powder, you should go all in and replace the removal with more threats. We were already talking about Fleetwheel, and it fits in perfectly in the leftover spaces.

perhaps you are right about this. i do think some removalslots should be placed in the sideboard. Especially Jitte, which is just a house vs infect/elves

man im excited about that new car B)

Cire
09-28-2016, 10:08 AM
perhaps you are right about this. i do think some removalslots should be placed in the sideboard. Especially Jitte, which is just a house vs infect/elves

man im excited about that new car B)

Ha, honestly, my favorite thing about it is that it makes Matter Reshaper more palatable.

Noloam_
09-28-2016, 10:10 AM
Ha, honestly, my favorite thing about it is that it makes Matter Reshaper more palatable.

well that is true for the 3/3 dude. but you no longer flip SCG or jitte. Flipping a Serum powder is not great

Cire
09-28-2016, 10:28 AM
well that is true for the 3/3 dude. but you no longer flip SCG or jitte. Flipping a Serum powder is not great

Ah, no - I meant, I like crewing my Car with my Reshaper. A 2/2 isn't that impressive; but when it's riding in style, I don't mind it as much. Yeah there is some tension in that it's less likely to die and give you CA, but the above build is a bit more in beats.

Edit: Further Thoughts on the decklist I'm personally calling "Too Eldrazi Too Furious": The goal of the serum powder list is to pretty much always get chalice out turn 1, then follow with big beats. Having scourge somewhat offsets drawing into serum powders, and Fleetwheel provides nice additional beats. The problem is that I still find it too slow. The reason being is that the deck isn't running any Accel in the form of Petals, Guides or even moxes. This means that it has less turn 2 Smasher plays, or even turn 1 3 CMC plays. Going off my latest list with Mariobross' changes, I believe we need to find room for 4 accel. I think the consistency offered from Serum Powder is offset by the lack of explosivity of the lack of accel, if we need to make the deck less consistent to make it more explosive, then I think we have to.

caprino
09-30-2016, 11:40 AM

I wrote to you in private

Noloam_
09-30-2016, 06:08 PM
I wrote to you in private

sorry man. im not gonna answer all these questions. i get 2 pms a day for sideboard advice. it is really getting out of hand. a dude seriously asked what i boarded against reanimator, like he had an hard time cutting the jitte or dismembers XD

ZEROorDIE
09-30-2016, 07:09 PM
sideboard advice: learn the format.

hell sideboard advice is so subjective. There's like 3-4 different versions of miracles right now. learn the format, figure out what's popular in your meta, and then craft a sideboard that's appropriate.

magic is a complex game and you aren't going to learn how to play by using one guys sideboard advice from the internet (regardless of that players track record). There's been countless different posts about sideboarding in this thread so just read, it's only like 40 pages compared to some of the several hundred page threads older decks have.

also, pretty sure vehicles aren't where this deck wants to be and no you should not side out Jitte against creature decks

bruizar
10-03-2016, 02:25 AM

4 Ancient Tomb
4 Cavern of Souls
4 City of Traitors
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Eye of Ugin

4 Eldrazi Mimic
4 Endless One
4 Eternal Scourge
4 Reality Smasher
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Matter Reshaper

4 Chalice of the Void
4 Serum Powder
4 Fleetwheel Cruiser

I really like this build. It is close to what I would run. I play 4 play leyline of the void and wasteland stranglers to keep goyfs small and play with more removal. Too bad eternal scourge doesnt get exiled by your own leyline of the void.

Vehicles are insanely strong. Imo they are better than equipment cards because Crew doesn't cost mana. I could also see the blue splash with smugglers copters and skyspawners to create a 5 power airforce by turn 2.

T1 Tomb copter
T2 Island skyspawners crew token

maraxusofkelds
10-03-2016, 01:55 PM
Our ideal card would be a 2-3 mana vehicle that has flying and can produce a colorless mana. This would fix everything the deck needs.

Copter is extremely close.

Captain Hammer
10-03-2016, 09:28 PM

what do you guys think?

Vehicles dont suit this deck IMO. They aren't cost reduced by Eldrazi lands, aren't even able to attack if you can't crew them and are vastly inferior to Realty Smasher, Oblivion Sower and Thought Knot Seer both in terms of the utility/bonus they provide and the damage for mana investment they deal (especially once you take into account the mana investment for the crew).

However, in Dragon Stompy I like both the above and the 3cc 5/4 Trample Vehicle with a Crew 2 since it can be crewed by Magus of the Moon, Pia Nalaar, Simian Spirit Guide and Phyrexian Revoker.

I just don't think this is the correct deck for vehicles.

Captain Hammer
10-03-2016, 09:35 PM

I really think this is a very bad idea to pursue. Both Eternal Scourge and Serum Powder are bad cards that deal too little damage and don't provide enough utility to justify the slots they take up IMO. Scourge is a 7 turn clock. It simply doesn't apply enough pressure to warrant maindeck slots. And Powder is a dead card more often than not.