PDA

View Full Version : [Primer] Eldrazi Stompy

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

itrytostorm
11-06-2016, 08:58 AM
Congrats on your Day 1 finish, what is your 75? I was going to go to this event but due to getting married last month and not having the deck on paper and buying it finally this weekend, I decided to stay home. I was playing Grixis Delver in paper till I started to play Eldrazi to ridiculous results, currently 71-23.

P.S. - If anyone is interested in Grixis Delver cards send me a PM

// Deck: Eldrazi (60)

// Lands
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Cavern of Souls
2 City of Traitors
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Eye of Ugin
3 Mishra's Factory
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
3 Wasteland

// Creatures
4 Eldrazi Mimic
4 Endless One
4 Matter Reshaper
2 Oblivion Sower
4 Reality Smasher
3 Simian Spirit Guide
4 Thought-Knot Seer

// Instants
2 Dismember
2 Warping Wail

// Artifacts
4 Chalice of the Void
2 Umezawa's Jitte

// Sideboard
SB: 2 All Is Dust
SB: 1 Karakas
SB: 1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion
SB: 4 Leyline of the Void
SB: 1 Oblivion Sower
SB: 1 Pithing Needle
SB: 4 Thorn of Amethyst
SB: 1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

itrytostorm
11-06-2016, 09:16 AM
well done man! these are hard matches. good luck in day 2!

Thanks! Check out the list and let me know what you think. Kozilek was last minute for the mirror and miracles. Was able to draw 6 against miracles in round 2.

caprino
11-06-2016, 10:25 AM

// Lands
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Cavern of Souls
2 City of Traitors
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Eye of Ugin
3 Mishra's Factory
3 Wasteland

// Creatures
4 Eldrazi Mimic
4 Endless One
4 Matter Reshaper
2 Oblivion Sower
4 Reality Smasher
3 Simian Spirit Guide
4 Thought-Knot Seer

// Instants
2 Dismember
2 Warping Wail

// Artifacts
4 Chalice of the Void
2 Umezawa's Jitte

// Sideboard

Nice list... Side in and side out Vs infect, land, miracle, ant, bug, death and taxes and mirror?

neuhier
11-06-2016, 03:03 PM
I had my first Miracles loss. Double Blood Moon, I have failed you all.

On a side note I will be planning on setting up a twitch stream tomorrow. Anyone interested in watching send me a private message. I'll be using Noloam last 74 with one variant card still deciding what I want.

I will most likely not be able to follow the stream due to time shift. It would be great if you could record the stream and publish it e.g. on youtube.

I would really appreciate that.

Darkness
11-06-2016, 03:07 PM
https://www.twitch.tv/orangeshield

My twitch channel, just starting out so sorry for how sloppy it is.

Offline now, may be on later tonight or tomorrow.

Darkness
11-06-2016, 06:57 PM
71-23 very nice..ulamog in side do you use Vs?

I am testing against the mirror, decks that go big, enchantress Nic Fit, Stoneblade, Miracles anything that goes late really. Not sold on it, just trying it out.

Going live again https://www.twitch.tv/orangeshield

potatodavid
11-06-2016, 08:50 PM
Just took down a 21 person win a volcanic with the deck.

Still can't believe it... deck was running hot today.

Darkness
11-06-2016, 09:26 PM
Just took down a 21 person win a volcanic with the deck.

Still can't believe it... deck was running hot today.

Congratulations. Currently sitting at 74-25 basically a 74.7% win ratio. What was your list. I saw a couple of players opt'd to replace an All is Dust with an ulamog at school Baltimore. Haven't been sold on ulamog yet.

fireiced
11-06-2016, 09:51 PM
What is your 75 with white?

I think I am going to cut Endbringer for an Ulamog. I've wanted him a lot and not sure what else makes sense to cut.

Sry for the late reply. Basically it is NoLoam and Darkness list with some minor changes in mana base and Displacer taking the place of burnt Ape.

4 - Endless One
4 - Eldrazi Mimic
4 - Matter Reshaper
4 - Thought-Knot Seer
4 - Reality Smasher
3 - Eldrazi Displacer
2 - Oblivion Sower

4 - Chalice of the Void
2 - Umezawa’s Jitte
2 - Warping Wail
2 - Dismember

4 - Ancient Tomb
4 - Cavern of Souls
4 - Eldrazi Temple
4 - Eye of Ugin
3 - Wasteland
2 - City of Traitors
2 - Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
2 - Karakas

SB
2 - Thorn of Amethyst
4 - Leyline of the Void
1 - All is Dust
2 - Ratchet Bomb
1 - Endbringer
1 - Oblivion Sower
1 - Pithing Needle
1 - Warping Wail
2 - Phyrexian Revoker

Just slinged some games for GPT Chiba. 7 round swiss took losses early so cannot ID.
1-1 vs Miracles
1-0 vs Infect
0-1 vs DnT
2-0 vs Reanimator Variants
1-0 vs TES
Beat Elves in Top 8 where Revoker nailed those annoying mana elves to slow em down. Died to BG Turbo Depths in top 4. Needle on Wasteland/Karakas hurts and the deck is so much faster than RG Lands that I cant find the white mana i need for Displacer in time.:rolleyes:

potatodavid
11-06-2016, 09:56 PM
Congratulations. Currently sitting at 74-25 basically a 74.7% win ratio. What was your list. I saw a couple of players opt'd to replace an All is Dust with an ulamog at school Baltimore. Haven't been sold on ulamog yet.

Lands

1x Mishra's Factory
1x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4x Wasteland
3x Cavern of Souls
3x Eye of Ugin
4x Ancient Tomb
4x City of Traitors
4x Eldrazi Temple

2x Umezawa's Jitte
2x Dismember
4x Chalice of the Void
2x Warping Wail

3x Simian Spirit Guides
1x Endbringer
3x Oblivion Sower
4x Eldrazi Mimic
4x Matter Reshaper
4x Endless One
4x Thought-Knot Seer
4x Reality Smaher

Board

3x Thorn of Amethyst
4x Fairie Macabre
1x Phrexian Revoker
1x Pithing Needle
1x Warping Wail
2X Ratchet bomb
2x All is Dust
1x Endbringer

Games:

Round 1. UW Flash.
2-0 win

Round 2. Merfolk
2-0 win

Round 3. Storm
1-2 Loss

Round 4. Eldrazi Taxes
1-2 Loss

Round 5. Miracles
2-0 win

Top 8 (last seed)

Round 1. Landstill
2-0 Win

Round 2. Storm (again)
2-1 win

Round 3. Miracles

2-0 Win

Warping Wail is by far my favorite card ever printed after this weekend. It slices, dices, and every bit is amazing.

Observations: I like sower over endbringer so far. I got blood mooned by my miracles opponents twice today and that was just insane to slam after they did that.

Noloam_
11-07-2016, 01:38 AM
4 cities and 3 eyes, really XD?

Noloam_
11-07-2016, 05:03 AM
MOM GET THE CAMERA!! Well that was fun...... i did it twice in one day

im not missing the bombs and i love these situations.

http://i66.tinypic.com/35brsdf.png

itrytostorm
11-07-2016, 07:48 AM
Hey, all. I finished the Open 10-5. I'll go over a quick recap:

// Lands
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Cavern of Souls
2 City of Traitors
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Eye of Ugin
3 Mishra's Factory
3 Wasteland

// Creatures
4 Eldrazi Mimic
4 Endless One
4 Matter Reshaper
2 Oblivion Sower
4 Reality Smasher
3 Simian Spirit Guide
4 Thought-Knot Seer

// Instants
2 Dismember
2 Warping Wail

// Artifacts
4 Chalice of the Void
2 Umezawa's Jitte

// Sideboard

Round 1 - D&T - This is a match where I was super happy to have Sower. Took it in three. Only lost to a mulligan and LD. (1-0)

Round 2 - Miracles - I knew he was on Miracles, so I mull to 6 and keep no creatures, but Eye, Tomb, and Chalice. Didn't draw a creature and lost to 2 angels with him at 2 life thanks to Factories. I feel great after SB, and was able to draw 6 off of Kozilek in G2. G3 was not close. (2-0)

Round 3 - BG Depths - I think this match is God awful. I TKS him and see a really awkward so hand. I take his Deluge, he has no tutors and I win. He rolls me G2. G3 I am able to keep his just off balance with Thorn and TKS. Had a hard choice but I Wasted his Maze to keep my clock and won it. (3-0)

Round 4 - D&T (Alex Bastecki) - Fun game 1. I play factory pass, he plays wasteland and passes, I play wasteland, animate factory and get in for 2. He plays another waste and his my waste. I play Cavern on Spirit and attack for 2. He plays Karakas and passes. I drop Eye and TKS to his surprise and won easily. G2 Sower exiled his SoFI which was a way he could've won with Flickerwisp. He had 2 Gideon, I had to All is Dust and I win that one. (4-0)

Round 5 - Miracles - I feel great in the match and it is classic domination. Easy two game win. (5-0)

Round 6 - Deathblade - I never played this match before. It was awful. I advise you do not play against this. SFM, Lily, Jace, Baleful all are terrible. (5-1)

Round 7 - UW Stoneblade (Shaheen Soorani) - He wrote an article about his list, so I know he has main deck B2B. Able to win quickly before it resolves. G2 I win through two TNN thanks to a quick clock before they resolved and he actually conceded to a Warping Wail making a scion for lethal. (6-1)

Round 8 - Infect - Do not like this match. He rolls me G1. G2 my Wastelands and fast clock is enough. G3 I Chalice on 1 and 3 shutting off his Grips, Corrupters and Invigorates. He has an Agent and Inkmoth he pings with, but my clock is faster. (7-1)

Round 9 - Miracles - I win quickly as usual, deck is easy. (8-1)

At this point I am the highest placed 24 pointer going into day 2 in third.

Round 10 - Miracles (Joe Lossett) - I mull to 5 G1 and he rolls me easily. G2 I mull to 5, get him to draw with SDT to Terminus, then lock in a Chalice. We draw go for a while since he has Moat in play. I am able to Eye for Kozilek to get a grip and play around Terminus. Next turn Ulamog the Moat and win. G3 I keep 7 with Eye, Wasteland, Chalice, Thorn, TKS, TKS, Eye. With three draw steps to catch a land. Did not draw a 4th land until turn 11 and it is way too late. (8-2)

Round 11 - Elves - I really don't like this match much. He is able to get a turn 3 NO and I die. G2 I punt when I leave a NO in his hand with a Dryad Arbor in play. He gets Elderscale Wurm and DRS drains me before I can cast All is Dust. (8-3)

Round 12 - D&T - I destroy him pretty easily. The Sowers are such MVP in this match. (9-3)

Round 13 - ANT - I die on turn 2 G1. G2 I probably should've mulled to multiple lock pieces, but kept a hand with Leyline. He was able to turn 2 again, with a very fortunate Ad Nauseam. (9-4)

Round 14 - Grixis Delver (Noah Walker) - He wins a grindy G1 since my Tomb did 8 damage to me. G2 I win at 20 life, just play guys and win. G3 he plays U Sea and Delver. I waste him. He plays a waste and passes. I tomb a Chalice that he forces. He wastes me and doesnt play another land that game. I just play 1 guy a turn and my clock is faster. (10-4)

Round 15 - BUG Delver - Another typically easy match. I have TKS and see 3 Spell Pierce and a Delver while I have a Chalice on 1. He rips a Goyf that I Dismember. He rips another Goyf and I play a 5/5 Endless. He draws and passes. I attack and he drew Decay for the Chalice to make a 5/6 Goyf. He drew like God and there was nothing I could do. G2 much of the same. (10-5)

35th overall. If I win one more match I am pretty sure I get top 16. Overall Deck was solid. I only built it last Monday so I didn't have a TON of practice. And if curious here are basic sideboarding:

Miracles = Bring in everything but Leyline and cut 4 Reshaper, 2 Jitte, 3 SSG, 2 City

D&T = Bring in 2 Dust, Needle, Sower and cut 4 Chalice

Stoneblade = Bring in 2 Dust, Sower, Ulamog, Kozilek and cut 3 SSG, 2 City

Storm = Bring in 4 Leyline, 4 Thorn and cut 2 Dismember, 2 Jitte, 2 Sower, 2 Reshaper

Infect = Bring in Needle, cut a Sower

Elves = Bring in Needle, 2 Dust and cut 2 Sower and a Reshaper

BG Depths = Bring in Karakas, Needle, 4 Thorn and cut 2 Jitte, 2 Dismember, 2 Sower

Delver = Bring in Karakas and cut Tomb

pateuglow
11-07-2016, 09:07 AM
Congrats on the finish! We had 2 local guys make the Top 8 of the Open, coverage was great, Legacy is great.

Hope to see some of you at the GP in January or the one in Vegas in June!

potatodavid
11-07-2016, 10:07 AM
4 cities and 3 eyes, really XD?

Yep, Lots of discussion about that in my gaming circle. My Buddy who plays a lot of vintage and legacy had been using this manabase and had been tearing up all the local legacy's with it. I opt'd to give it a shot. I have considered moving to the multiple manlands. Rather than cities. I will say, it didn't let me down at all yesterday, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Noloam_
11-07-2016, 10:21 AM
Yep, Lots of discussion about that in my gaming circle. My Buddy who plays a lot of vintage and legacy had been using this manabase and had been tearing up all the local legacy's with it. I opt'd to give it a shot. I have considered moving to the multiple manlands. Rather than cities. I will say, it didn't let me down at all yesterday, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

in vintage eye is not really a perfect card. you need solland for null rods etc

well vs combo they are great but vs miracles (which you encouter nonstop online), 4 cities is just straight hell.

but hey if it works for you. bring in the dancing lobsters !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8v-oAt1dJI

Darkness
11-07-2016, 10:52 AM
Congrats on the finish! We had 2 local guys make the Top 8 of the Open, coverage was great, Legacy is great.

Hope to see some of you at the GP in January or the one in Vegas in June!

I will be at the GP in January. My buddy lives in Louisville and I've been looking for a reason to go visit, far trip since I'm in Jersey, so I get to play magic with him that weekend. Looking forward to it.

I'm at my 100 match game and looking at about 75% win ratio. I will be giving a detailed breakdown of the deck and match ups and what I intend to test in the next 100 matches.

itrytostorm
11-07-2016, 11:17 AM
http://i.imgur.com/HA38NUN.png

I made his day at least :laugh:

Zorker
11-07-2016, 01:05 PM
I recently got all the cards for this deck and i must say i really like it.

Thanks to @Noloam for the list and @Darkness for the side in/out.

I've noticed that against some deck i'm at disafvantage (Shardless, Bg Lands), it's juist a question of best draws or player ability?

Ps: @noloam did you cast the confusion in the ranks with SSG?
@ Darknes, wopuld it be possiblke for you to archive the video of the future streams?

Darkness
11-07-2016, 03:04 PM

I've noticed that against some deck i'm at disafvantage (Shardless, Bg Lands), it's juist a question of best draws or player ability?

@ Darknes, wopuld it be possiblke for you to archive the video of the future streams?

Noloam casts the Confusion off the Show and Tell, then he played the Endless One on his turn, triggering confusion and he stealing the Emrakul.

I will be posting a video channel in the upcoming weeks, I have to work out time to do all of that but I will be soon.

Darkness
11-07-2016, 03:19 PM
Creatures (25)
4 Matter Reshaper
4 Endless One
4 Eldrazi Mimic
4 Reality Smasher
4 Thought-Knot Seer
3 Simian Spirit Guide
2 Oblivion Sower

Artifacts (6)
4 Chalice of the Void
2 Umezawa's Jitte

Spells (4)
2 Dismember
2 Warping Wail

Lands (25)
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Cavern of Souls
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Eye of Ugin
3 Mishra's Factory
3 Wasteland
2 City of Traitors

Sideboard (15)
4 Thorn of Amethyst
4 Leyline of the Void
2 All Is Dust
2 Ratchet Bomb
1 Endbringer
1 Karakas
1 Pithing Needle

So I have played 100 games with Noloam’s 75 and am at a 75% win/loss ratio. Those results are insane! For those who do not know, I have not been playing on MTGO and have been on cockatrice but I feel the results are still valid since legacy is a loved format and people will do whatever it takes to play competitively. I stuck with Noloam’s list with minimal changes, I wanted to get a large pool of results and then see what cards worked really well and which ones were not so hot. Here are some take aways of the results I have….

Delver decks - 50% win ratio
Miracles - 83% win ratio (my only losses were to back to basics)
Stoneblade - 75% win loss, I think the only losses were TNN equipped up
Shardless BUG - 67% win ratio
Storm and DnT - 60% win ratio
Eldrazi - 25% Win Ratio
Reanimator and Sneak and Show - 100% (lol Leyline of the Void)
Lands - 33% ( One loss was probably due to not mulliganing into a Leyline)

These are the decks I primarily faced but you can check out the spreadsheet for more results.I really have no issues with the Main Deck, the issues I have are cards I have are for certain cards for game 2 and 3 against certain decks.

Here is the sideboard breakdown after my 100 match gauntlet

4 Thorn of Amethyst - Love this card does work whenever I boarded in. Keep!
4 Leyline of the Void - Loved this card to no end. Keep!
2 All Is Dust - The card was great. Anytime it resolved I won my match.I did however find it tricky to cast at times. Keep!
2 Ratchet Bomb - No impressed with this card at all, I feel like it is too narrow and situational, I wish I had access to Engineered Explosives like in the modern shell but so is the life of a colorless mage. Out!
1 Endbringer - The card was good but nothing out of the ordinary, it did help push through damage at times and I was never unhappy to see it.
1 Karakas - The card was good but nothing amazing, I think it has a place for the 75 not in love with it but helps against land disruption and against the Reanimator and Sneak matchups.
1 Pithing Needle - The card was good and helped me lock out a couple of cards from my opponents, specifically Sensei’s Top, Jace, Liliana, Thespian Stage, Maze of Ith, Wasteland and Batterskull to name a few.

(Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger) - I did test this as a one of in place of the second ratchet bomb but I never got to cast it. I really wanted it for the Eldrazi, Shardless BUG and Miracles match up, primarily for Goyfs, Eldrazi creatures, Blood Moon and Back to Basics, but it never saw battlefield time. I’m skeptical on keeping it in or not.

The biggest take away from the matches I got is I want a stronger game plan against Delver, Eldrazi and Shardless BUG matches. The Delver match ups seem to be governed by their ability to wasteland you early on and apply pressure. The Eldrazi match up is governed but who can either race faster or go BIGGER. The Shardless BUG match is governed by the card advantage war. I want something for all three matches and something that can help through a Blood Moon or Back to Basics. Going forward this will be my sideboard.

4 Thorn of Amethyst
4 Leyline of the Void
2 All Is Dust
1 Endbringer
1 Karakas
1 Pithing Needle
1 Batterskull
1 Hangarback Walker

Both Hangarback Walker and Batterskull generate the virtual card advantage I want by being able to recur through removal. Hangarback Walker can allow me to play it early on through The Delver match ups and grow it until it is dead, in which I get flyers to attack or block opposing delvers. It also helps in the Shardless BUG matches to help go long and then potentially hitting them with some flyers, something the deck has a tough time with. It also helps pressure Goyfs or provide a string of chump blockers. In the Eldrazi match up the walker gives you a blocker and the ability to get many flyers, something the deck struggles dealing with. Batterskull allows us to gain life in the Delver match up and potentially recur the card through death. It also helps you add another threat to the board to block Goyfs and Anglers. If you can ever equip it to a creature it’s probably game over from there. It may be tricky through wastelands but I think on the play the card is worth it. Batterskull gives Shardless BUG headaches for days. I used to play Shardless back when Esper Stoneblade and Deathblade reined king and the only real way they can deal with this card is blocking with a bigger Goyf, Liliana sac or Jace bounce. None which are effective since they just take out the Germ token and you can just return to hand and recast it. The only real card you can use is counter magic or Maelstrom Pulse. Against the Eldrazi matchup the Batterskull gives you big game. If you can land it then equip it even to Eldrazi Mimic and gives you a 6/5 Vigilance Lifelinker! And that’s on a one of the weaker creatures you have. This will allow you to apply pressure and play defensive at the same time. The card is great too just on the principal that it can dodge removal with the 3 mana return to hand ability. They are also great against the Blood Moon plan since it can use any kind of mana to cast it. I can even bring in Batterskull for other matches, like Stoneblade, DnT and Burn. I feel loosing the Ratchet Bombs hurts against the Dredge, Storm Empty plan, Elves and Merfolk matches plus we no longer have a way to deal with problem permanents, but it’s something I am willing to explore based on my results.

I will be testing the next 100 Matches and post an article with my results with that 75.

Here is the link to my spreadsheet

https://www.icloud.com/numbers/0HUxy_LxtSji3M-CfBd9Q5a1w#Eldrazi_Stompy_The_Source_Noloam%27s_List

Noloam_
11-07-2016, 03:31 PM

thanks man!

no you only have to show the confusion in the with show and tell and you win on the spot. it triggers from itself :). easy games

Noloam_
11-07-2016, 03:38 PM
Creatures (25)
4 Matter Reshaper
4 Endless One
4 Eldrazi Mimic
4 Reality Smasher
4 Thought-Knot Seer
3 Simian Spirit Guide
2 Oblivion Sower

Artifacts (6)
4 Chalice of the Void
2 Umezawa's Jitte

Spells (4)
2 Dismember
2 Warping Wail

Lands (25)
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Cavern of Souls
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Eye of Ugin
3 Mishra's Factory
3 Wasteland
2 City of Traitors

Sideboard (15)
4 Thorn of Amethyst
4 Leyline of the Void
2 All Is Dust
2 Ratchet Bomb
1 Endbringer
1 Karakas
1 Pithing Needle

So I have played 100 games with Noloam’s 75 and am at a 75% win/loss ratio. Those results are insane! For those who do not know, I have not been playing on MTGO and have been on cockatrice but I feel the results are still valid since legacy is a loved format and people will do whatever it takes to play competitively. I stuck with Noloam’s list with minimal changes, I wanted to get a large pool of results and then see what cards worked really well and which ones were not so hot. Here are some take aways of the results I have….

Delver decks - 50% win ratio
Miracles - 83% win ratio (my only losses were to back to basics)
Stoneblade - 75% win loss, I think the only losses were TNN equipped up
Shardless BUG - 67% win ratio
Storm and DnT - 60% win ratio
Eldrazi - 25% Win Ratio
Reanimator and Sneak and Show - 100% (lol Leyline of the Void)
Lands - 33% ( One loss was probably due to not mulliganing into a Leyline)

These are the decks I primarily faced but you can check out the spreadsheet for more results.I really have no issues with the Main Deck, the issues I have are cards I have are for certain cards for game 2 and 3 against certain decks.

Here is the sideboard breakdown after my 100 match gauntlet

4 Thorn of Amethyst - Love this card does work whenever I boarded in. Keep!
4 Leyline of the Void - Loved this card to no end. Keep!
2 All Is Dust - The card was great. Anytime it resolved I won my match.I did however find it tricky to cast at times. Keep!
2 Ratchet Bomb - No impressed with this card at all, I feel like it is too narrow and situational, I wish I had access to Engineered Explosives like in the modern shell but so is the life of a colorless mage. Out!
1 Endbringer - The card was good but nothing out of the ordinary, it did help push through damage at times and I was never unhappy to see it.
1 Karakas - The card was good but nothing amazing, I think it has a place for the 75 not in love with it but helps against land disruption and against the Reanimator and Sneak matchups.
1 Pithing Needle - The card was good and helped me lock out a couple of cards from my opponents, specifically Sensei’s Top, Jace, Liliana, Thespian Stage, Maze of Ith, Wasteland and Batterskull to name a few.

(Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger) - I did test this as a one of in place of the second ratchet bomb but I never got to cast it. I really wanted it for the Eldrazi, Shardless BUG and Miracles match up, primarily for Goyfs, Eldrazi creatures, Blood Moon and Back to Basics, but it never saw battlefield time. I’m skeptical on keeping it in or not.

The biggest take away from the matches I got is I want a stronger game plan against Delver, Eldrazi and Shardless BUG matches. The Delver match ups seem to be governed by their ability to wasteland you early on and apply pressure. The Eldrazi match up is governed but who can either race faster or go BIGGER. The Shardless BUG match is governed by the card advantage war. I want something for all three matches and something that can help through a Blood Moon or Back to Basics. Going forward this will be my sideboard.

4 Thorn of Amethyst
4 Leyline of the Void
2 All Is Dust
1 Endbringer
1 Karakas
1 Pithing Needle
1 Batterskull
1 Hangarback Walker

Both Hangarback Walker and Batterskull generate the virtual card advantage I want by being able to recur through removal. Hangarback Walker can allow me to play it early on through The Delver match ups and grow it until it is dead, in which I get flyers to attack or block opposing delvers. It also helps in the Shardless BUG matches to help go long and then potentially hitting them with some flyers, something the deck has a tough time with. It also helps pressure Goyfs or provide a string of chump blockers. In the Eldrazi match up the walker gives you a blocker and the ability to get many flyers, something the deck struggles dealing with. Batterskull allows us to gain life in the Delver match up and potentially recur the card through death. It also helps you add another threat to the board to block Goyfs and Anglers. If you can ever equip it to a creature it’s probably game over from there. It may be tricky through wastelands but I think on the play the card is worth it. Batterskull gives Shardless BUG headaches for days. I used to play Shardless back when Esper Stoneblade and Deathblade reined king and the only real way they can deal with this card is blocking with a bigger Goyf, Liliana sac or Jace bounce. None which are effective since they just take out the Germ token and you can just return to hand and recast it. The only real card you can use is counter magic or Maelstrom Pulse. Against the Eldrazi matchup the Batterskull gives you big game. If you can land it then equip it even to Eldrazi Mimic and gives you a 6/5 Vigilance Lifelinker! And that’s on a one of the weaker creatures you have. This will allow you to apply pressure and play defensive at the same time. The card is great too just on the principal that it can dodge removal with the 3 mana return to hand ability. They are also great against the Blood Moon plan since it can use any kind of mana to cast it. I can even bring in Batterskull for other matches, like Stoneblade, DnT and Burn. I feel loosing the Ratchet Bombs hurts against the Dredge, Storm Empty plan, Elves and Merfolk matches plus we no longer have a way to deal with problem permanents, but it’s something I am willing to explore based on my results.

I will be testing the next 100 Matches and post an article with my results with that 75.

Here is the link to my spreadsheet

https://www.icloud.com/numbers/0HUxy_LxtSji3M-CfBd9Q5a1w#Eldrazi_Stompy_The_Source_Noloam%27s_List

i have the same idea about your matchup analyses. on the sideboard part: 4 eyes and batterskull/walker is not gonna do it. you have to trim 1 eye then. i think you dont have enough vs omnitell with this sideboard, but that is my opinion. delver matches are always close, 95% of the time they win due wasteland. Id rather have a sideboard for terrible matches, then for 50/50 matches.

i have tested ulamog today and i was not impressed. perhaps my build (only 2 traitors), is not the right shell for it.

Lasraik
11-07-2016, 06:00 PM
Great thread with lots of information! Building this deck now to maybe take it to the Vegas GP.

Noloam_
11-08-2016, 01:44 AM
funny to see that both tony hopkins and Kurt Campbell (top 32) copied my list last SCG . thanks for the thrust and gratz with your results :)

Zorker
11-08-2016, 08:23 AM
funny to see that both tony hopkins and Kurt Campbell (top 32) copied my list last SCG . thanks for the thrust and gratz with your results :) Take it as a sign that the list is very good!:cool:

Noloam_
11-08-2016, 08:46 AM
Take it as a sign that the list is very good!:cool:

well. my results are straight up crap lately. It is just hidious how modo sometimes give you unbeatble hands and sometimes let you mull into oblivion

Zorker
11-08-2016, 09:20 AM
@noloam: i know that sensation, going from i'm playing eldrazi to why i'm playing lands now?

caprino
11-08-2016, 11:21 AM
Today i test my list (caprino list) big eldrazi i change main deck - 1 vesuva + 1 urborg..4 1 win Vs miracle, aluren, Sneak attack, bug.. Lose Vs painter. My side is 4 leyline of the void, 2 trinisphere, 2 warping wail, 4 spatial contortion, 3 pithing needle

MasterHerC
11-08-2016, 05:31 PM
Hi Thread.

I am new to this archetype after being mono-white-hearted for about ~10 years now.

Got my hands on the cards because a friend sold all of them and I really like it's style of play.

6-0'd a local tournament without even knowing about really good and bad mulls (I mulled every hand I felt uncomfortable with) using Noloam_'s latest Sower-Build.

Matchups were:

Infect 2-1
Miracles - 2-1
DnT - 2-1
Reanimator - 2-1 (G3 Mull to 3, finding Leyline, Wailed a Show and Tell)
Miracles - 2-0
Grixis Delver - 2-1

I cannot say which cards I really like (except for the obvious ones like TKS, Smasher, Chalice) but I can say which card I dislike.

Speaking of Dis ... Dismember.
I don't think this card and me will become friends any day.
-5/-5 is strong, no question, but I never found myself in a situation in which casting Dismember would've helped me.
I think I desperately used it 3-4 times on a clock then dying 1-2 turns afterwards and was never happy to see it in my drawstep.

Am I doing it wrong?

:D

Noloam_
11-08-2016, 06:07 PM
Hi Thread.

I am new to this archetype after being mono-white-hearted for about ~10 years now.

Got my hands on the cards because a friend sold all of them and I really like it's style of play.

6-0'd a local tournament without even knowing about really good and bad mulls (I mulled every hand I felt uncomfortable with) using Noloam_'s latest Sower-Build.

Matchups were:

Infect 2-1
Miracles - 2-1
DnT - 2-1
Reanimator - 2-1 (G3 Mull to 3, finding Leyline, Wailed a Show and Tell)
Miracles - 2-0
Grixis Delver - 2-1

I cannot say which cards I really like (except for the obvious ones like TKS, Smasher, Chalice) but I can say which card I dislike.

Speaking of Dis ... Dismember.
I don't think this card and me will become friends any day.
-5/-5 is strong, no question, but I never found myself in a situation in which casting Dismember would've helped me.
I think I desperately used it 3-4 times on a clock then dying 1-2 turns afterwards and was never happy to see it in my drawstep.

Am I doing it wrong?

:D

you need it vs goyf,infect,kotr,mirror

TLK
11-09-2016, 02:42 PM
Noloam, what's your current 75? I don't think I remember Confusion being in the last list I saw.

MasterHerC
11-09-2016, 03:00 PM
Forgot to mention ... I replaced the 3rd Wasteland with a 2nd Urborg to see it in my opening hand more often.

It also slightly increases the rate of Turn 2 TKS and I like the lategame-synergy between it and Ancient Tomb.

Oh, and sometimes I don't have to pay 4 Life for Dismember ... :P

Will see how this may work out.

Noloam_
11-09-2016, 04:07 PM
Noloam, what's your current 75? I don't think I remember Confusion being in the last list I saw.

i did not go 5-0 yet with it, thats why

reatures (25)
4 Endless One
4 Eldrazi Mimic
4 Matter Reshaper
3 Simian Spirit Guide
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Reality Smasher
2 Oblivion sower

Spells (4)
2 Warping Wail
2 Dismember

Artifacts (6)
4 Chalice of the Void
2 Umezawa's Jitte

Lands (25)
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Cavern of Souls
2 City of Traitors
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Eye of Ugin
3 Mishra's Factory
3 Wasteland

Sideboard (15)
1 Karakas
3 confusion in the ranks
1 ulamog, the ceaseless hunger
4 Thorn of Amethyst
4 Leyline of the Void
2 All Is Dust

75 Cards Total

Noloam_
11-09-2016, 04:09 PM
Forgot to mention ... I replaced the 3rd Wasteland with a 2nd Urborg to see it in my opening hand more often.

It also slightly increases the rate of Turn 2 TKS and I like the lategame-synergy between it and Ancient Tomb.

Oh, and sometimes I don't have to pay 4 Life for Dismember ... :P

Will see how this may work out.

it will work out great i think, as long as you dont see lands/dephs/infect. Also vs miracles the 2nd urborg + the 4 eyes can be akward. But riehu and i have tested 2 urborgs for a long time and i kinda love them, for the reasons mentioned above

TLK
11-09-2016, 04:21 PM
thanks man!

no you only have to show the confusion in the with show and tell and you win on the spot. it triggers from itself :). easy games

So Confusion and Emrakul get Show'd into play - you steal Emrakul, he steals Endless One? I like it!

Noloam_
11-09-2016, 05:20 PM
So Confusion and Emrakul get Show'd into play - you steal Emrakul, he steals Endless One? I like it!

Jup and if you steal the omniscience, you just bring in free dudes/warping wails and he is most likely dead to another swing / not capable of finding the complete combo again

Darkness
11-09-2016, 07:23 PM
I am currently working on a Bant Eldrazi list inspired by the Jesaki list. I will talk to Noloam about it, will give first impression after about 20 matches.

truthfulcake
11-10-2016, 08:06 AM
I am currently working on a Bant Eldrazi list inspired by the Jesaki list. I will talk to Noloam about it, will give first impression after about 20 matches.

I actually tried out the Jeskai list from one the recent events at my weekly legacy tournament. I really wasn't impressed with it. Not having 8x Sol lands means you lose a lot of game against combo, while some ground gained against Show and Tell decks just wasn't worth it. Plus it felt a lot worse in the mirror since it's nowhere near as explosive. I'm reverting to the full colorless stompy one, I really didnt like it.

i did not go 5-0 yet with it, thats why

reatures (25)
4 Endless One
4 Eldrazi Mimic
4 Matter Reshaper
3 Simian Spirit Guide
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Reality Smasher
2 Oblivion sower

Spells (4)
2 Warping Wail
2 Dismember

Artifacts (6)
4 Chalice of the Void
2 Umezawa's Jitte

Lands (25)
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Cavern of Souls
2 City of Traitors
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Eye of Ugin
3 Mishra's Factory
3 Wasteland

Sideboard (15)
1 Karakas
3 confusion in the ranks
1 ulamog, the ceaseless hunger
4 Thorn of Amethyst
4 Leyline of the Void
2 All Is Dust

75 Cards Total
Mainboard Oblivion Sowers? Interesting. No love for Endbringers at all? I found 2 in the main instead of Sower was really great if the game goes longer than 3 turns.

bigup
11-10-2016, 08:27 AM
I always wondered why the recent version of the deck with 2 sower would only play 1 urborg. Doesn't one always want that urborg in play when resolving sower to make use of the stolen fetches? I feel this situation will come up way more often than giving the opponent an advantage from it. Or am i missing something?

Darkness
11-10-2016, 09:02 AM
I always wondered why the recent version of the deck with 2 sower would only play 1 urborg. Doesn't one always want that urborg in play when resolving sower to make use of the stolen fetches? I feel this situation will come up way more often than giving the opponent an advantage from it. Or am i missing something?

Noloam is messing around with 2 Urborgs

I actually tried out the Jeskai list from one the recent events at my weekly legacy tournament. I really wasn't impressed with it. Not having 8x Sol lands means you lose a lot of game against combo, while some ground gained against Show and Tell decks just wasn't worth it. Plus it felt a lot worse in the mirror since it's nowhere near as explosive. I'm reverting to the full colorless stompy one, I really didnt like it.

Mainboard Oblivion Sowers? Interesting. No love for Endbringers at all? I found 2 in the main instead of Sower was really great if the game goes longer than 3 turns.

I agree after playing around with a Bant list, I felt it was set up for the grinder matches, though I think it has game against Shardless, I think you lose more against the Wasteland decks, and the explosiveness is gone since you take out SSG

Oblivion Sowers are the way that Noloam combats Tarmogoyf, personally I love them and have 1 Endbringer in my board. It also dodges Dismember, a card many people are playing to combat the Eldrazi decks.

truthfulcake
11-10-2016, 09:37 AM
I agree after playing around with a Bant list, I felt it was set up for the grinder matches, though I think it has game against Shardless, I think you lose more against the Wasteland decks, and the explosiveness is gone since you take out SSG

Oblivion Sowers are the way that Noloam combats Tarmogoyf, personally I love them and have 1 Endbringer in my board. It also dodges Dismember, a card many people are playing to combat the Eldrazi decks.
How bad is the shardless matchup normally? I've only played it a few times personally (and it was against a mate that I have a rubbish track record with, so that doesn't help). Next weeks legacy tournament has a dual for 1st place though, so a meta call might be to go with the regular version, since there's only two shardless players in Melbourne.

I'll try the Sower as well and see how it shapes up. Dodging Dismember seems very relevant in my meta.

Darkness
11-10-2016, 10:19 AM
How bad is the shardless matchup normally? I've only played it a few times personally (and it was against a mate that I have a rubbish track record with, so that doesn't help). Next weeks legacy tournament has a dual for 1st place though, so a meta call might be to go with the regular version, since there's only two shardless players in Melbourne.

I'll try the Sower as well and see how it shapes up. Dodging Dismember seems very relevant in my meta.

The Matchup is tricky as it is a grind fest. Check out the link in my signature for my thoughts on combating Shardless.

Whitefaces
11-10-2016, 10:51 AM
Why bant? Blue for Drowner and white for Displacer I can understand, they're both obviously very powerful. Green for World Breaker?

Noloam_
11-10-2016, 11:16 AM

sower is better, when you run as much show and tell hate sideboard as i do

Noloam_
11-10-2016, 11:22 AM
Noloam is messing around with 2 Urborgs

i was messing around with it, until i encoutered miracles every day. drawing to much blanks will kill you

truthfulcake
11-10-2016, 11:54 AM
The Matchup is tricky as it is a grind fest. Check out the link in my signature for my thoughts on combating Shardless.
I'll check it out now. I can see the matchup being even admittedly. We've got Cavern, explosive starts and our actual big threats are cmc 4+, leaving them with only a few ways of dealing with them. On the other side, they can punish a Mimic or Endless one explosive start with Pulse, and they have Goyfs and Wasteland to slow us down. And then lategame is in their favour with the card advantage and 5/6 goyfs.

sower is better, when you run as much show and tell hate sideboard as i do
I see the hate in the board (8 pieces, 9 if you include Ulamog), but could you explain how O-sower is better with the sideboard tech? (Serious question, not doubting).

Darkness
11-10-2016, 12:08 PM
Why bant? Blue for Drowner and white for Displacer I can understand, they're both obviously very powerful. Green for World Breaker?

Yes it was for the Worldbreaker, I figured it would help agains the Back to Basics and Bloon Moon and mirror, but I think it's too cute and Miracles locked me out every time before that so I don't think it is good enough. I have stopped the Colors for now but will consider it in the future, sticking to the NoLoam list at the moment.

I'll check it out now. I can see the matchup being even admittedly. We've got Cavern, explosive starts and our actual big threats are cmc 4+, leaving them with only a few ways of dealing with them. On the other side, they can punish a Mimic or Endless one explosive start with Pulse, and they have Goyfs and Wasteland to slow us down. And then lategame is in their favour with the card advantage and 5/6 goyfs.

The big problem is they can clog up the board quickly and Baleful Strix gives us huge trouble, The extra lands off of the Sower also helps enable your Eye of Ugin activation, something I found useful against the Shardless Match Up.

I see the hate in the board (8 pieces, 9 if you include Ulamog), but could you explain how O-sower is better with the sideboard tech? (Serious question, not doubting).

He is saying that when you have that much SB hate for Sneak and Show you can remove Endbringer for cards like Oblivion Sower in the Main Deck. Ultimately Endbringer is good for the Sneak and Show matchup as well as other matches too, but you'd rather have the better hate cards for each matchup, rather than an OK card like Endbringer for both.

truthfulcake
11-10-2016, 12:52 PM
He is saying that when you have that much SB hate for Sneak and Show you can remove Endbringer for cards like Oblivion Sower in the Main Deck. Ultimately Endbringer is good for the Sneak and Show matchup as well as other matches too, but you'd rather have the better hate cards for each matchup, rather than an OK card like Endbringer for both.
That makes sense, thanks for explaining it. I felt like Endbringer was more than okay in testing, usually putting in a lot of work all on its own, but there were a lot of times as well against re-animator or sneak and show where it couldn't actually win the game on its own, just make me lose more slowly. That said, your post makes a good case for Batterskull, which will do a lot more towards winning a grindy matchup than an Endbringer will (if it even lives until untap).

Noloam_
11-10-2016, 03:44 PM

its not better, it is just that you depend less on endbringer with this sideboard. In the past you could only show in an endbringer and hope its not an omniscience. Well i think that that is a highly risky strategy, so the confusions are here to stay for me.

TLK
11-10-2016, 05:21 PM
So I took Noloam's old 75 (not the updated sideboard with Confusion) and did some testing online. Only loss was to Infect. Got destroyed. I noticed in the sideboard guide that there aren't many slots dedicated to that matchup (only Needle I think). is that because it's just that bad? Or was I just unlucky?

Darkness
11-10-2016, 06:19 PM
So I took Noloam's old 75 (not the updated sideboard with Confusion) and did some testing online. Only loss was to Infect. Got destroyed. I noticed in the sideboard guide that there aren't many slots dedicated to that matchup (only Needle I think). is that because it's just that bad? Or was I just unlucky?

I think the matchup is just bad as we only have 4 removal spells, you kinda just gotta race them on curve and hope they don't have any counters for the right cards. THey are essentially a faster delver deck for us.

Zorker
11-10-2016, 06:26 PM
Our weekly legacy tournament went...............down the drain

White stax 2 - Eldrazi 0

Reanimator 2 - Eldrazi 1

U/R Delver 2 - Eldrazi 1

Yes, we were only8 people.

I feel that while the deck is strong, thi is is a NONO period for me goin from mana flooded to no mana at all.

TLK
11-10-2016, 06:33 PM
I think the matchup is just bad as we only have 4 removal spells, you kinda just gotta race them on curve and hope they don't have any counters for the right cards. THey are essentially a faster delver deck for us.

That's basically what I gathered. Had two removal spells and still lost. I think it was turn 2 game 1 and either turn 2/3 game 2.

Darkness
11-11-2016, 07:19 AM
Our weekly legacy tournament went...............down the drain

White stax 2 - Eldrazi 0

Reanimator 2 - Eldrazi 1

U/R Delver 2 - Eldrazi 1

Yes, we were only8 people.

I feel that while the deck is strong, thi is is a NONO period for me goin from mana flooded to no mana at all.

Happens, I was on a losing period against Miracles cause they all draw the back to basics or From Ashes or Moat at the right times. It's frustrating but so the other decks who face us and we land Chalice on turn 1 and stop 75% of their deck, it happens:tongue:.

Whitefaces
11-11-2016, 08:02 AM
Yes it was for the Worldbreaker, I figured it would help agains the Back to Basics and Bloon Moon and mirror, but I think it's too cute and Miracles locked me out every time before that so I don't think it is good enough. I have stopped the Colors for now but will consider it in the future, sticking to the NoLoam list at the moment.

Yeah, I agree. In theory it's nice to have an answer to these cards, but they're not being played enough yet to warrant going into green imo. But if the number of B2B, Moons and Moats increases it's a reasonable option!

Btw, I was running through a League rocking four maindeck Ruinations yesterday with a friend, where were you guys!? :tongue:

Noloam_
11-11-2016, 03:34 PM
5-0 today

-aluren
-shardless bug
-ant
-grixis delver
-dredge

Darkness
11-11-2016, 04:08 PM
5-0 today

-aluren
-shardless bug
-ant
-grixis delver
-dredge

Congrats, I have pretty much reverted to your original list minus 1 or two cards! Love this deck

Noloam_
11-11-2016, 04:13 PM
Congrats, I have pretty much reverted to your original list minus 1 or two cards! Love this deck

tnx man :). minus 3 cards i guess? i run 3 confusions in the side

Darkness
11-11-2016, 05:30 PM
tnx man :). minus 3 cards i guess? i run 3 confusions in the side

That is true, I am back on the original list which is in my signature for now. I messed around with Hangerback Walker, Batterskull and my Bant list but ultimately nothing gave me a huge edge I was looking for. I am open to confusion in paper if my Meta shows more Sneak and Show. Are you still on the Ulamog plan? How has he been for you? He seemed too cute for me when I played with him. And do you think that taking out Chalice against Shardless is viable. I remember you mentioned to me when we created the Sideboard plan that you weren't 100% sure on how to board against them. I still tinker around with the idea on the draw to remove the 3 Chalices for 2 Ratchet Bombs (to hit Goyfs and Strixs), 1 Pithing Needle (to hit DRS, Planeswalkers and Creeping Tarpit). I'm not sure this is correct either because Ratchet Bomb hitting my own Jitte or Mimics seems horrible, but taking out Goyf and Strix seems so necessary. They usually don't have more than 12 cards post sideboard as 1 drops that can get hit by Chalice (Brainstorm, DRS and Thoughtsieze), and I don't know if that is enough for me to consider keeping it in. On the other hand a chalice on 1 or 0 can bate out an Abrupt Decay which can allow a future Jitte or Endless one to live and push through. It's a tough one.

Good news, I found out that Tales of Adventure, a store that has been hosting External Extravaganza, is expanding their Eternal Events in 2017! I live about an two hours away but they will be introducing smaller qualifier events hopefully within an hour drive, so that means more Eldrazi paper events in 2017.

On a side note, for those who do not know, I have been playing around with JacoDrazi (http://www.eternalcentral.com/unpowered-vintage-eldrazi-aka-jacodrazi-a-double-tournament-report/), a powerless Eldrazi Vintage deck, and man is it fun. Tales of Adventure also does Vintage tournaments as well, so I'm probably going to invest the $200 for the Null Rods, Gravedigger's Cages, Leyline of Sanctities and the Crucible of worlds to go in and bash people with Eldrazi in 2017 too.

Noloam_
11-11-2016, 06:12 PM
That is true, I am back on the original list which is in my signature for now. I messed around with Hangerback Walker, Batterskull and my Bant list but ultimately nothing gave me a huge edge I was looking for. I am open to confusion in paper if my Meta shows more Sneak and Show. Are you still on the Ulamog plan? How has he been for you? He seemed too cute for me when I played with him. And do you think that taking out Chalice against Shardless is viable. I remember you mentioned to me when we created the Sideboard plan that you weren't 100% sure on how to board against them. I still tinker around with the idea on the draw to remove the 3 Chalices for 2 Ratchet Bombs (to hit Goyfs and Strixs), 1 Pithing Needle (to hit DRS, Planeswalkers and Creeping Tarpit). I'm not sure this is correct either because Ratchet Bomb hitting my own Jitte or Mimics seems horrible, but taking out Goyf and Strix seems so necessary. They usually don't have more than 12 cards post sideboard as 1 drops that can get hit by Chalice (Brainstorm, DRS and Thoughtsieze), and I don't know if that is enough for me to consider keeping it in. On the other hand a chalice on 1 or 0 can bate out an Abrupt Decay which can allow a future Jitte or Endless one to live and push through. It's a tough one.

Good news, I found out that Tales of Adventure, a store that has been hosting External Extravaganza, is expanding their Eternal Events in 2017! I live about an two hours away but they will be introducing smaller qualifier events hopefully within an hour drive, so that means more Eldrazi paper events in 2017.

On a side note, for those who do not know, I have been playing around with JacoDrazi (http://www.eternalcentral.com/unpowered-vintage-eldrazi-aka-jacodrazi-a-double-tournament-report/), a powerless Eldrazi Vintage deck, and man is it fun. Tales of Adventure also does Vintage tournaments as well, so I'm probably going to invest the $200 for the Null Rods, Gravedigger's Cages, Leyline of Sanctities and the Crucible of worlds to go in and bash people with Eldrazi in 2017 too.

im not sure about the ulamog yet. i played around 40 matches with it. sometimes it shines, sometimes it is straight garbage. i do like it vs mircales tough. my sideboard is hopeless in the mirror, so i guess i need something special B)

yes im not sure. today i boarded -3 SCG + 2 AID +1 leyline XD. i dont like ratchet bombs at all. i only liked them vs merfolk and enchantress. these decks are basically unicorn rare. chalice and bomb are moth mediocre in the shardless match.

sounds great buddy. Do as much testing as you can :)

Darkness
11-11-2016, 07:03 PM
im not sure about the ulamog yet. i played around 40 matches with it. sometimes it shines, sometimes it is straight garbage. i do like it vs mircales tough. my sideboard is hopeless in the mirror, so i guess i need something special B)

yes im not sure. today i boarded -3 SCG + 2 AID +1 leyline XD. i dont like ratchet bombs at all. i only liked them vs merfolk and enchantress. these decks are basically unicorn rare. chalice and bomb are moth mediocre in the shardless match.

sounds great buddy. Do as much testing as you can :)

I will trust you and change 1 Ratchet Bomb for 1 Ulamog and try it again.

itrytostorm
11-12-2016, 10:12 AM
Anyone doing the Legacy Challenge on MTGO?

I'll probably stream it. Looking for what your 75 would be.

Darkness
11-12-2016, 10:32 AM

Check my Signature

|
|
|
|
\/

Noloam_
11-12-2016, 12:51 PM

When is it? At what time ?

Quasim0ff
11-12-2016, 01:04 PM
When is it? At what time ?

1H.

Noloam_
11-12-2016, 01:15 PM
1H.

that was one part of the question :/

Quasim0ff
11-12-2016, 01:19 PM
that was one part of the question :/

20.00, +1 cet

today.

Noloam_
11-12-2016, 01:36 PM
20.00, +1 cet

today.

im going to the bar tonight :(

Darkness
11-12-2016, 09:17 PM
Eldrazi in a Final vs BUG Delvers for Tusk Quarterly on a win a mox. Wrecked him game 1.

Update he 2-0'd the hell out of him. BUG player got hit with a fly swatter!

Darkness
11-13-2016, 03:08 PM
Question for Community

When in a late game grindy match up, I find myself frequently in situations where I have a Mimic in play and in hand and also have a big creature like, Endless One or Smasher. My dilemma is do I hold the fatty in hand and wait for the following turn to push through large amounts of damage or just play both that turn and hope to keep drawing fatties to enable the Mimics in later turns? I know the answer to the question definitely depends on multiple variables, opponents life total, board presence, what I have draw, what deck I am versing, esc. but I just want to here opinions from the community.

Noloam_
11-13-2016, 03:29 PM
Question for Community

When in a late game grindy match up, I find myself frequently in situations where I have a Mimic in play and in hand and also have a big creature like, Endless One or Smasher. My dilemma is do I hold the fatty in hand and wait for the following turn to push through large amounts of damage or just play both that turn and hope to keep drawing fatties to enable the Mimics in later turns? I know the answer to the question definitely depends on multiple variables, opponents life total, board presence, what I have draw, what deck I am versing, esc. but I just want to here opinions from the community.

well i almost always run out endless one as a 2/2. against tempo i whould run out both, against miracles/shardless i whould most of the time run endless one first and smasher afterwards (if they have a high life total)

MasterHerC
11-13-2016, 05:02 PM
Question for Community

I mostly decide to go for the big threat/pressure, especially if there already is a Mimic on my side of the field.
But yeah, the situations can be very different.

Darkness
11-13-2016, 09:45 PM
Ali Antrazi took top 8 in the Columbus classic. 4 Warping Wail and 4 Spatial Contortion in the 75.

Noloam_
11-14-2016, 01:37 AM
Ali Antrazi took top 8 in the Columbus classic. 4 Warping Wail and 4 Spatial Contortion in the 75.

no guides and 3 eyes lol

MasterHerC
11-14-2016, 02:29 AM
4 Cities. -_-

And 3 Dismember with 0 Urborg.
Quite a nightmare for me.

He maybe was lucky with his matchups.

Noloam_
11-14-2016, 03:51 AM
4 Cities. -_-

Hhhaa yes even no urborg XD. that manabase is straight up garbage

Zorker
11-14-2016, 04:46 AM
Where i can see the list ofthe tournament you were talking about?

Amunshax
11-14-2016, 04:49 AM
Its @ Starcitygames.com

Darkness
11-14-2016, 06:07 AM
4 Cities. -_-

Not so lucky he fought infect in the quarterfinals and still got destroyed with all that removal.

MasterHerC
11-14-2016, 06:39 AM
Yeah,

I meant to say his matchups before Top8.

Did anybody here ever play a similar manabase?

Noloam_
11-14-2016, 06:57 AM
3 dismembers are great vs infect or the mirror. I want to see that build vs UR delver XDXDXD. The 4 spatials in the side are also a big WHAT THE FUG. Good luck vs shardless and blade decks with that sideboard

potatodavid
11-14-2016, 10:41 AM
Brought noloam's manabase to an 80 man legacy this weekend.

Results:

BR Reanimator : 1-2 (double chancellor his game 3, otherwise this is such an easy MU)
Grixis Control : 2-1
Storm: 2-1
Shardless: 1-2 (goyfs and well timed wastelands)
FoodChain 2-0
UW- Stoneblade 2-0
Dredge 2-0

5-2. Took 16th. My Breakers killed me and having trouble with the shardless match up. I enjoyed going 6-0 in games to end the day. So I had that going for me, which was nice.

Noloam_
11-14-2016, 12:40 PM
Brought noloam's manabase to an 80 man legacy this weekend.

Results:

BR Reanimator : 1-2 (double chancellor his game 3, otherwise this is such an easy MU)
Grixis Control : 2-1
Storm: 2-1
Shardless: 1-2 (goyfs and well timed wastelands)
FoodChain 2-0
UW- Stoneblade 2-0
Dredge 2-0

5-2. Took 16th. My Breakers killed me and having trouble with the shardless match up. I enjoyed going 6-0 in games to end the day. So I had that going for me, which was nice.

Well done. I dont think br reanimator is a good matchup at all. You lose the first game 95% of the time. After boarding you need to mull to leyline, which you dont always find. And even if you do find it, they can bloodmoon + hardcast dorks or sneak attack you

potatodavid
11-14-2016, 02:45 PM
Well done. I dont think br reanimator is a good matchup at all. You lose the first game 95% of the time. After boarding you need to mull to leyline, which you dont always find. And even if you do find it, they can bloodmoon + hardcast dorks or sneak attack you

I don't play leyline :cool:

My Opponent and I have actually tested this match up quite a bit so when i lost it was like, Okay I lost 1 out of the 10 times we've played, big deal. I'm running faerie macabre's out of the board. and 1 extra warping wail because its my favorite card ever.

They can't Collective brutality the Macabre, It's not as dead as leyline where it must be in your opening hand or hope you hit the urborg.

Seriously in testing though, I think I went 12-4 overall. His win was not typical and he even agreed with me about that, getting double chancellors was nutters. SOFA-KING good.

Darkness
11-14-2016, 03:08 PM

My Opponent and I have actually tested this match up quite a bit so when i lost it was like, Okay I lost 1 out of the 10 times we've played, big deal. I'm running faerie macabre's out of the board. and 1 extra warping wail because its my favorite card ever.

They can't Collective brutality the Macabre, It's not as dead as leyline where it must be in your opening hand or hope you hit the urborg.

Seriously in testing though, I think I went 12-4 overall. His win was not typical and he even agreed with me about that, getting double chancellors was nutters. SOFA-KING good.

I love that the 4 leylines just shut down the reanimator, dredge, oops all spell and land decks. I think it's worth mulliganing against these decks as they are such poor match ups.

Noloam_
11-14-2016, 03:24 PM

i have no clue why you whould run macabre over leyline. leyline is a snapscoop for manaless and a almost scoop for dredge. when my macabre got pithing needle once, i realised it is just a not good enough. it is also so much worse vs land and agroloam. i get turn 2ed a lot vs that deck, so wail is not even an option on the draw. Im glad that you have good experiences with it tough ^^

potatodavid
11-14-2016, 04:33 PM
i have no clue why you whould run macabre over leyline. leyline is a snapscoop for manaless and a almost scoop for dredge. when my macabre got pithing needle once, i realised it is just a not good enough. it is also so much worse vs land and agroloam. i get turn 2ed a lot vs that deck, so wail is not even an option on the draw. Im glad that you have good experiences with it tough ^^

I don't have much of the lands or aggro loam here. Someone naming needle on my faerie macabre's if fine by me. You have a ton of answers to dredge already in the deck. Chalice & Endless One alone shit all over the deck. So does thorn.

Noloam_
11-15-2016, 06:11 AM
2-3 and 5-0 today. It really is a joke sometimes with modo

-Ur delver
-ANT
-4-color delver
-Grixis delver
-Esper blade

Darkness
11-15-2016, 08:16 AM
Just beat a Burn player in game 3 through an Ensnaring Bridge by having 1 Chalices on 1 and Eye searching for my 1 of Endbringer ping 1 damaged through 10 life kill him. Feels good. :cool:

Noloam_
11-15-2016, 08:41 AM
Just beat a Burn player in game 3 through an Ensnaring Bridge by having 1 Chalices on 1 and Eye searching for my 1 of Endbringer ping 1 damaged through 10 life kill him. Feels good. :cool:

did you board in endbringer vs burn XD? i tried that strategy vs e.bridge miracles sometimes, it never worked out

Darkness
11-15-2016, 08:57 AM
did you board in endbringer vs burn XD? i tried that strategy vs e.bridge miracles sometimes, it never worked out

I brought it in since I only have 1 Ratchet Bomb and figured it could be another out to a bridge. I don't think it is a resonable option as it is super slow, just didn't have anything else to bring in. I got lucky for sure lol.

Noloam_
11-15-2016, 09:02 AM
I brought it in since I only have 1 Ratchet Bomb and figured it could be another out to a bridge. I don't think it is a resonable option as it is super slow, just didn't have anything else to bring in. I got lucky for sure lol.

hehhehe im glad my sideboard is so straight forward, so i dont get tempted to board odd cards ^^. thorn / thoughknot /tempo / them not having lands also does the trick i.m.o

what did you cut and bring in then? -2 dismember -2 sower -1 tomb / + karakas + 4 thorn is what i do.

Darkness
11-15-2016, 09:13 AM
hehhehe im glad my sideboard is so straight forward, so i dont get tempted to board odd cards ^^. thorn / thoughknot /tempo / them not having lands also does the trick i.m.o

what did you cut and bring in then? -2 dismember -2 sower -1 tomb / + karakas + 4 thorn is what i do.

I did -2 dismembers -1 Tomb / + 1 Karakas +1 Enbringer +1 Bomb

I was referring to our guide but I think that strategy is more stream line I will update it and use that going forward. I think it's good for game 2 but if you see a Bridge I will be bringing in the only bomb I have left in my board.

Noloam_
11-15-2016, 09:21 AM
I did -2 dismembers -1 Tomb / + 1 Karakas +1 Enbringer +1 Bomb

I was referring to our guide but I think that strategy is more stream line I will update it and use that going forward. I think it's good for game 2 but if you see a Bridge I will be bringing in the only bomb I have left in my board.

wut no thorns? thorns are quite good. i Always board in 2-4 thorns. they keep 1 lands all the time. with a thorn in play they cant play bridge in time and they cant double burn TKS. i dont know why it is not in our sideboard guide

potatodavid
11-15-2016, 10:09 AM
wut no thorns? thorns are quite good. i Always board in 2-4 thorns. they keep 1 lands all the time. with a thorn in play they cant play bridge in time and they cant double burn TKS. i dont know why it is not in our sideboard guide

This!

I'm usually too terrified of being price of progressed to death but thorn pretty much destroys their whole gameplan outside of that.

Noloam_
11-15-2016, 10:11 AM
This!

I'm usually too terrified of being price of progressed to death but thorn pretty much destroys their whole gameplan outside of that.

yes price is very bad. thats why i dont play a lot of lands and keep wasteland up, to waste myself. But most of the time, if the can afford to play arround thorn, they are flooded anyway.

Noloam_
11-15-2016, 05:26 PM
2th time 5-0 in ONE DAY. i hope they post it on mtggoldfish. i ripped a exploration and an snappy from 8 chests :)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8qcLXnQFpH8/T3mOlU8a6JI/AAAAAAAAZdU/idw46SshEnk/s1600/777-full.jpg

-Bug delver
-ANT
-miracles
-miracles
-Belcher

Whitefaces
11-15-2016, 08:11 PM
They don't usually post multiple 5-0s on the same day I think, my friend (FGC on modo) got two on the same day and only one was posted.

RhoxWarMonk
11-15-2016, 08:14 PM
2th time 5-0 in ONE DAY. i hope they post it on mtggoldfish. i ripped a exploration and an snappy from 8 chests :)

-Bug delver
-ANT
-miracles
-miracles
-Belcher

Wow, congrats man! That's incredible, great run. I see you're running Confusion in the Ranks consistently now? Sorry if this was discussed at some point (Ive been out of the loop) but this is obviously for the Sneak and Show matchup?

So, you either steal their Omni or you put down CitR off SnT and then next turn pop down a Mimic/Endless one and steal their Griselbrand/Emrakul? Is that correct? If so, that's fucking genius lol :cool: I'm gonna have to try that myself.

Noloam_
11-16-2016, 01:36 AM
Wow, congrats man! That's incredible, great run. I see you're running Confusion in the Ranks consistently now? Sorry if this was discussed at some point (Ive been out of the loop) but this is obviously for the Sneak and Show matchup?

So, you either steal their Omni or you put down CitR off SnT and then next turn pop down a Mimic/Endless one and steal their Griselbrand/Emrakul? Is that correct? If so, that's fucking genius lol :cool: I'm gonna have to try that myself.

tnx guys :)! yes i run it for omni and sneaky show. well, it is even better.........if you already have a creature and they show in a creature and you show in the confusion, then the confusion also triggers for the shown in creature. So if you have a mimic and they show in emrakul, you get the emrakul on the spot :)

RhoxWarMonk
11-16-2016, 03:47 AM
tnx guys :)! yes i run it for omni and sneaky show. well, it is even better.........if you already have a creature and they show in a creature and you show in the confusion, then the confusion also triggers for the shown in creature. So if you have a mimic and they show in emrakul, you get the emrakul on the spot :)

Man that's spicy tech, I love it!! I find this matchup very tough... Endbringer is ok but it doesn't seal the deal like confusion does.

Great comment about how confusion triggers as well. Time to modify my Sideboard, appreciate the tip noloam!

Noloam_
11-16-2016, 04:10 AM
Man that's spicy tech, I love it!! I find this matchup very tough... Endbringer is ok but it doesn't seal the deal like confusion does.

Great comment about how confusion triggers as well. Time to modify my Sideboard, appreciate the tip noloam!

good luck with it! it really is a keeper for me. It just makes sure that you no longer have terrible matchups (except for lands, but 1 needle is not gonna change that).

pateuglow
11-16-2016, 10:51 AM
good luck with it! it really is a keeper for me. It just makes sure that you no longer have terrible matchups (except for lands, but 1 needle is not gonna change that).

Just to be clear, this does not trigger when Marit Lage is put into play, correct?

Noloam_
11-16-2016, 10:56 AM
Just to be clear, this does not trigger when Marit Lage is put into play, correct?

It does trigger. But there is no realistic way that you will hardcast it :)

pateuglow
11-16-2016, 11:14 AM
It does trigger. But there is no realistic way that you will hardcast it :)

Hey, we run SSG right? :laugh:

Noloam_
11-16-2016, 12:09 PM
Hey, we run SSG right? :laugh:

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/49/49ded2238ba4eaaca94bf22f509c13db3e7699d8a1934664cd942a491650b05f.jpg

Minniehajj
11-16-2016, 12:22 PM
Forgive me if this is frowned upon, I'll happily delete my question, but I figured it doesn't hurt to at least ask.

I'm a pretty exclusive miracles-only player, and I'm fairly active on the Miracles thread here on the source. For month, I've been trying to "solve" the Eldrazi matchup and we come up with small edges every once in a while, but it feels as if your spaghetti monsters adapt to any "tech" fairly easily. People tried Moat, Blood Moon, other enchantments, and you adapted with Oblivion Sower > Ulamog which demolishes the idea of hiding behind an enchantment of any sort, and other adaptations of such things.

I'm here to ask, how do I beat you? I am loathe to have nonbasic land hate if it's a) only for this one matchup and b) you can usually beat it anyway. I think I've just been looking at it the wrong way, and so I'd like to ask you all how miracles players primarily beat you? Does it usually involve you stumbling? A fast Mentor? Nothing seems consistent and I've been tearing my hair out in order to solve this matchup or at least make it even slightly more reasonable than the 90-10 or 80-20 that it feels like for me.

Again, apologies if a discussion like this is frowned upon, but I figured I'd get the best information directly from the best among the Eldrazi players.
I appreciate any and all input!

Noloam_
11-16-2016, 12:33 PM
Forgive me if this is frowned upon, I'll happily delete my question, but I figured it doesn't hurt to at least ask.

I'm a pretty exclusive miracles-only player, and I'm fairly active on the Miracles thread here on the source. For month, I've been trying to "solve" the Eldrazi matchup and we come up with small edges every once in a while, but it feels as if your spaghetti monsters adapt to any "tech" fairly easily. People tried Moat, Blood Moon, other enchantments, and you adapted with Oblivion Sower > Ulamog which demolishes the idea of hiding behind an enchantment of any sort, and other adaptations of such things.

I'm here to ask, how do I beat you? I am loathe to have nonbasic land hate if it's a) only for this one matchup and b) you can usually beat it anyway. I think I've just been looking at it the wrong way, and so I'd like to ask you all how miracles players primarily beat you? Does it usually involve you stumbling? A fast Mentor? Nothing seems consistent and I've been tearing my hair out in order to solve this matchup or at least make it even slightly more reasonable than the 90-10 or 80-20 that it feels like for me.

Again, apologies if a discussion like this is frowned upon, but I figured I'd get the best information directly from the best among the Eldrazi players.

it is a fair question. I play miracles exclusively in paper also. The fair answer is: there is not a solid answer available. Its always a combination of cards. I believe the landhate is the best way to deal with eldrazi + terminus. Dwarven Blastminer for example is a good one + some counter / removal backup

Darkness
11-16-2016, 12:58 PM

I agree with noloam the only losses I've ever had to miracles is from land disruption. I faced an opponent who used from the ashes, it felt miserable.

Darkness
11-17-2016, 11:07 PM
Bob Huang called out Noloam in a Channelfireball article (http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/how-to-build-a-sideboard-in-legacy/), great work Noloam!

Noloam_
11-18-2016, 01:37 AM
nice :). funny to see that they use a sideboard that i no longer appreciate :P. 2 needles can be good vs lands tough.

chaosjace
11-18-2016, 03:31 AM
Had an excellent game where I stole reanimators Elesh with eldrazi obligator and swung for lethal on turn 3, I am fascinated by this deck and will be testing it.

Noloam_
11-18-2016, 07:28 AM
5-0 today. stupid mtggoldfish posted non of my 2 5-0's on the same day. mtgtop8 posted 1 :(

-ANT
-BR reanimator
-Miracles
-D&T
-Sneaky show

i won the finals with confusion in the ranks. I wasted his 1st land drop and hoped he whould slam an early show and tell and he did

http://i63.tinypic.com/30be0q8.png

MasterHerC
11-18-2016, 09:42 AM
Congrats!

Totally like this.

I also realized that I still have 3 foil Confusions in my binder so I might try them at my next locals (quite some Tell-Decks here and both of the Reanimator-Players here have a combined amount of 8 copies of Show and Tell in their 150, too).
Report incoming at the end of the weekend.

Noloam_
11-18-2016, 09:43 AM
Congrats!

Totally like this.

I also realized that I still have 3 foil Confusions in my binder so I might try them at my next locals (quite some Tell-Decks there and both of the Reanimator-Players there have combined amount of 8 copies of Show and Tell in their 150, too).
Report incoming at the end of the weekend.

nice dude! keep me posted. yes i also board it in vs reanimator, it works like a charm

TLK
11-18-2016, 05:53 PM
5-0 today. stupid mtggoldfish posted non of my 2 5-0's on the same day. mtgtop8 posted 1 :(

-ANT
-BR reanimator
-Miracles
-D&T
-Sneaky show

i won the finals with confusion in the ranks. I wasted his 1st land drop and hoped he whould slam an early show and tell and he did

http://i63.tinypic.com/30be0q8.png

Pretty awesome. What did he gain control of, though?

Noloam_
11-18-2016, 06:27 PM
Pretty awesome. What did he gain control of, though?

a 2/2 endless one. I chumped it with my own 2/2 endless one. I turn 1 wasted, turn 2 dubble endless one, turn 3 chalice

pateuglow
11-19-2016, 12:32 PM
a 2/2 endless one. I chumped it with my own 2/2 endless one. I turn 1 wasted, turn 2 dubble endless one, turn 3 chalice

Aside from this interaction, do you find yourself mostly making 2/2 and 3/3 endless ones?

Noloam_
11-19-2016, 12:41 PM
Aside from this interaction, do you find yourself mostly making 2/2 and 3/3 endless ones?

mostly 2/2's.i see endless ones as my extra mimics

pateuglow
11-19-2016, 03:15 PM
mostly 2/2's.i see endless ones as my extra mimics

I think I have a tendency to wait to grow them. But now I think going wide is better.

Thx sir - I'll be hopping in a league when I get home tonight most likely

Noloam_
11-19-2016, 06:14 PM
I think I have a tendency to wait to grow them. But now I think going wide is better.

Thx sir - I'll be hopping in a league when I get home tonight most likely

Yes you have to know that they usually make 2 or 3 hits, which is enough for the rest of the team to seal the deal. Dont forget we are a aggro deck. Cool man. Let me know when you will stream again (or when you have a new video). I whould love to see your skills grow. Good luck dude!

chaosjace
11-20-2016, 05:55 AM
So would you guys agree it's correct to make a 2/2 endless one every time turn one if possible? Minus having mimic or top decking it. Never make it 1/1?

Whitefaces
11-20-2016, 06:05 AM
So would you guys agree it's correct to make a 2/2 endless one every time turn one if possible? Minus having mimic or top decking it. Never make it 1/1?

Why would you want a 1/1 when you can have a 2/2?

chaosjace
11-20-2016, 07:24 AM
Why would you want a 1/1 when you can have a 2/2?

I mean if you don't draw a sol land, is there any circumstance you want a 1/1

Noloam_
11-20-2016, 08:52 AM
If you cant turn 1 chalice, you probably can turn 1 endless one for 2/2 through an eye. I only make 1/1 endless ones sometimes vs shardless to mess with lilly

chaosjace
11-20-2016, 02:12 PM
I sleeved up this list
http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=13872&d=281999&f=LE
I was thinking about chameleon colossus, mainly because I love that card, but it also dodges most removal, easily castable with 8 gold lands, very strong late game. Would probably cut the drowner of hope

Whitefaces
11-20-2016, 02:25 PM
I sleeved up this list
http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=13872&d=281999&f=LE
I was thinking about chameleon colossus, mainly because I love that card, but it also dodges most removal, easily castable with 8 gold lands, very strong late game. Would probably cut the drowner of hope

There are 8 green sources in the deck, assuming you name Shapeshifter with Caverns... :really:

'Easily castable' is very, very ambitious!

chaosjace
11-20-2016, 03:20 PM
No. but chameleon colossus is an eldrazi

MasterHerC
11-20-2016, 04:27 PM
Alright.

6 rounds of swiss today.

List: see signature of Noloam_ and replace a Wasteland with a 2nd Urborg... ;)

Match 1 - Dredge
G1, mull to 6 on the draw, pretty weak game, Dredge was allowed to dredge a lot, hitting 2 Bridges, Therapy and Narcomoeba with the 2nd Stinkweed Imp. Easy lose.
G2 & G3, Leyline of the Lulz, no mulls.

Match 2 - Miracles
G1, mull to 6 on the play, he landed an early Mentor but I managed to draw a Dismember, which he wasn't able to counter, then double Smasher for the win.
G2, mull to 6, he resolved a Blood Moon but I was able to hit my landdrops and resolve a late All is Dust. Being free to cast uncounterable Eldrazi he wasn't able to defend any longer.

Match 3 - Belcher
G1, on the play, I know the player and his deck so I kept a turn 1 TKS, stealing his important Seething Song, Opponent wasn't able to recover.
G2, mull to 6, Opponent turn 1 emptied his warrens for 12 Goblins. Fun.
G3, mull to 6, Turn 1 Thorn, Turn 2 Thorn, Turn 3 TKS. Fun!

Match 4 - OmniTell
G1, on the draw, Opponent had the Turn 2 Show and Tell with Omniscience, I threw in a TKS, double Enter the Infinite in Opponent's hand. -_-
G2, mull to 6, keeping Endless One, Eldrazi Mimic, Confusion in the Ranks. Opponent went for the Turn 3 Show and Tell and I got to trade my Endless One for his Emrakul. NICE!
G3, mull to 5, landing Chalice X=1, stealing Show and Tell with TKS but he was able to topdeck into another Show and Tell and I only was able to throw in a Karakas for nothing.

Match 5 - Miracles
G1, on the play, quite a long game but no mentor, got Eye online and the Smashers brought it home.
G2, mull to 6, used a Wasteland for his Tundra, cutting my Opponent off White for 3 turns, netting enough time to establish a board and steal a StP with TKS.

Match 6 - ANT
G1, mull to 6 on the draw. Opponent snap keeped, pew pew.
G2, mull to 6, Chalice X=0, Chalice X=1 and caused my Opponent to concede after casting Turn 3 Thorn.
G3, keep 7, starting with Leyline, Opponent probed, I had Chalice, Tomb and Thorn in hand, "Wow, don't think I can win this one", he was right.

5-1, only losing to that damn OmniTell again.
Cashed in my voucher for a foil Chalice of the Void (now I want 3 more ... :D ) and the last missing FtV Ancient Tomb.

It was a very funny day, kind opponents all the way.

Saw a lot of DnT today, but dodged them all. :P

Noloam_
11-20-2016, 04:52 PM
well done! the omnitell player was lucky big time i guess

Darkness
11-20-2016, 05:01 PM
Alright.

6 rounds of swiss today.

List: see signature of Noloam_ and replace a Wasteland with a 2nd Urborg... ;)

Match 1 - Dredge
G1, mull to 6 on the draw, pretty weak game, Dredge was allowed to dredge a lot, hitting 2 Bridges, Therapy and Narcomoeba with the 2nd Stinkweed Imp. Easy lose.
G2 & G3, Leyline of the Lulz, no mulls.

Match 2 - Miracles
G1, mull to 6 on the play, he landed an early Mentor but I managed to draw a Dismember, which he wasn't able to counter, then double Smasher for the win.
G2, mull to 6, he resolved a Blood Moon but I was able to hit my landdrops and resolve a late All is Dust. Being free to cast uncounterable Eldrazi he wasn't able to defend any longer.

Match 3 - Belcher
G1, on the play, I know the player and his deck so I kept a turn 1 TKS, stealing his important Seething Song, Opponent wasn't able to recover.
G2, mull to 6, Opponent turn 1 emptied his warrens for 12 Goblins. Fun.
G3, mull to 6, Turn 1 Thorn, Turn 2 Thorn, Turn 3 TKS. Fun!

Match 4 - OmniTell
G1, on the draw, Opponent had the Turn 2 Show and Tell with Omniscience, I threw in a TKS, double Enter the Infinite in Opponent's hand. -_-
G2, mull to 6, keeping Endless One, Eldrazi Mimic, Confusion in the Ranks. Opponent went for the Turn 3 Show and Tell and I got to trade my Endless One for his Emrakul. NICE!
G3, mull to 5, landing Chalice X=1, stealing Show and Tell with TKS but he was able to topdeck into another Show and Tell and I only was able to throw in a Karakas for nothing.

Match 5 - Miracles
G1, on the play, quite a long game but no mentor, got Eye online and the Smashers brought it home.
G2, mull to 6, used a Wasteland for his Tundra, cutting my Opponent off White for 3 turns, netting enough time to establish a board and steal a StP with TKS.

Match 6 - ANT
G1, mull to 6 on the draw. Opponent snap keeped, pew pew.
G2, mull to 6, Chalice X=0, Chalice X=1 and caused my Opponent to concede after casting Turn 3 Thorn.
G3, keep 7, starting with Leyline, Opponent probed, I had Chalice, Tomb and Thorn in hand, "Wow, don't think I can win this one", he was right.

5-1, only losing to that damn OmniTell again.
Cashed in my voucher for a foil Chalice of the Void (now I want 3 more ... :D ) and the last missing FtV Ancient Tomb.

It was a very funny day, kind opponents all the way.

Saw a lot of DnT today, but dodged them all. :P

Congrats on your results!

Update for all, I am 132 games in with my testing since I have begun and am at 73% win ratio, deck is bonkers.

I am thinking of taking out the Ulamog for a 3rd All is Dust, helpful in both the Shardless and Miracle matches. I have replaced both Ratchet Bombs with the the Enbringer and a 3rd SB Oblivion Sower, though I may consider taking it out if I remove the Ulamog.

MasterHerC
11-20-2016, 05:08 PM
Yeah,

no mulls for him.

But he only ended up 4-2.

Sideboard felt good, but I somehow miss the single Ratchet Bomb.
May return it for the Ulamog, I am not sure about him. (:

razvan
11-20-2016, 10:48 PM
I had 3 All is Dust since inception almost and it's never bad. I would go to 4 if I could. I guess I can!

fireiced
11-20-2016, 11:21 PM
List as below: The White Eldrazi Stompy

4 - Endless One
4 - Eldrazi Mimic
4 - Matter Reshaper
4 - Thought-Knot Seer
4 - Reality Smasher
3 - Eldrazi Displacer
2 - Oblivion Sower

4 - Chalice of the Void
2 - Umezawa’s Jitte
2 - Warping Wail
2 - Dismember

4 - Ancient Tomb
4 - Cavern of Souls
4 - Eldrazi Temple
4 - Eye of Ugin
3 - Wasteland
2 - City of Traitors
2 - Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
2 - Karakas

SB
2 - Thorn of Amethyst
4 - Leyline of the Void
1 - All is Dust
2 - Ratchet Bomb
1 - Endbringer
1 - Oblivion Sower
1 - Pithing Needle
1 - Warping Wail
2 - Phyrexian Revoker

All paper games. 5 round Swiss cut to top 8

Match 1 - Oops All Spells - Win 2-1
G1, Oops I died
G2, Mulled to 2 for Leyline of the Void. He beat me with Burnt Ape & Undercity Informer till I was down to 6 before I finally topdecked lands to brick his threats with TKS and Displacer.
G3, He did not go off in T1. CotV =0 & Thorn prompted the concession.

Match 2 - Shardless BUG - Loss 0-2
G1, Swamped to death with CA and Shardless blind cascading into free Visions.
G2, Glissa & Strix forms a super wall I cannot breach.

Match 3 - Lands - Win 2-1
G1, T1 triple Mimic + 2/2 Endless One into TKS = gg
G2, Wastelocked from Exploration and Crucible
G3, Bloody slugfest. Had an early Leyline which slowed him down considerably. When he finally Gambled for the Grip to remove my Leyline, I had the Urborg at the ready to deploy and cast another Leyline. He conceded after I drew Needle to stop the Maze of Ith.

Match 4 - DnT - Win 2-1
G1, Got luckily after he aggressively wasted my sol-lands via drawing sol lands turn after turn.
G2, Slugfest again. Ratchet bombed his T3 Germ token and got him down to 1. Flickerwisp flickering Batterskull is bad for racing.
G3, I got Jitte online before him.

Match 5 Dredge - Loss 2-1
Scooped my friend into top 8.

Top 8
QF - Dredge - Win 2-1
Is my same friend I scooped into top 8. 3rd seed vs me 6th seed.
G1, Drew both Warping Wails to go for his Bridges and exile his Ichorid to stop his shenanigans.
G2, T0 Leyline is met with T1 Wear/Tear. He has 20+ cards in T2 via Cathartic Reunion
G3, 2 Mimic + 2 2/2 Endless One into TKS = win. I call this the modern Eldrazi Winter nut draw :cool:

SF - B/R Reanimator - Win 2-0
G1, T1 Sire of Insanity is met with top decked City of Traitors into Dismember. I won with 3 life remaining after Wailing his 2nd Exhume.
G2, T0 Leyline + T1 Mimic met a T1 Show and Tell for Blazing Archon. I showed an Endbringer which stopped his onslaught and aggressively drew for Dismember + Warping Wail.

Finals - Shardless BUG - Loss 2-0
Same dude from R2. Died the same way :tongue:

I am going to move to the colourless build as there are multiple times the Displacers get stranded in my hand and the Modern Eldrazi Winter starts provided a lot of free wins which I love (and likely the colourless version will provide more of).

Noloam_
11-21-2016, 01:31 AM
Congrats on your results!

Update for all, I am 132 games in with my testing since I have begun and am at 73% win ratio, deck is bonkers.

I am thinking of taking out the Ulamog for a 3rd All is Dust, helpful in both the Shardless and Miracle matches. I have replaced both Ratchet Bombs with the the Enbringer and a 3rd SB Oblivion Sower, though I may consider taking it out if I remove the Ulamog.

then you can instantly scoop to ensnaring bridge. a lot of miracles deck run bridges. i already had moments where i had double AID on hand. i can tell you, that is super annoying

Amunshax
11-21-2016, 03:07 AM
@Noloam, is Oblivion Sower so much better then Endbringer? Because alot of the Eldrazi Lists have switched to Sower

Noloam_
11-21-2016, 04:00 AM
@Noloam, is Oblivion Sower so much better then Endbringer? Because alot of the Eldrazi Lists have switched to Sower

jup it is better because it is easier to cast/ cant get dismember / has vallue even when it is countered. If you dont run a show and tell hate package in the sideboard then i whould still run endbringer. Because without any buisness, you are just dead

Amunshax
11-21-2016, 05:21 AM
Ok thank you, but i wonder why not going to 2 Urborg with the Sower's to use all the Fetchie's you get

Noloam_
11-21-2016, 05:31 AM
Ok thank you, but i wonder why not going to 2 Urborg with the Sower's to use all the Fetchie's you get

Because your control matches will become worse, when you draw dubble eye and/or urborg.

Darkness
11-21-2016, 07:02 AM
then you can instantly scoop to ensnaring bridge. a lot of miracles deck run bridges. i already had moments where i had double AID on hand. i can tell you, that is super annoying

Yea it may be excessive to have 3 AiD. I was just considering it since I really enjoy them in other matches. How has Ulamog been for everyone else? He is still so so for me never saw any real action.

Noloam_
11-21-2016, 07:24 AM
Yea it may be excessive to have 3 AiD. I was just considering it since I really enjoy them in other matches. How has Ulamog been for everyone else? He is still so so for me never saw any real action.

i think ulamog is solid and i will keep it. I wrecked Esper blade an miracles with it today. I removed batterskul + jace vs esper XD

today 5-0

-eldrazi & taxes
-shardless
-Miracles
-esper blade
-Aggro loam

the AID was really a hideous card vs aggro loam, the garruk is not in this picture

http://i63.tinypic.com/166iz4x.png
im now number 1 in the league together with isthisacatinahat and hoppelars

Zorker
11-21-2016, 08:54 AM
Small report about suday s tournament

Miracles 2 - eldrazi 1
Burn 2 - eldrazi 0
Affinity homebrew 0 - eldrazi 2
Eldrazi 1 - eldrazi 2
Reanimator 2 - eldrazi 0 ( conceded to a friend who had a shot at top 8)

Inviato dal mio ALE-L21 utilizzando Tapatalk

Darkness
11-21-2016, 08:18 PM
Noloam, you bring Ulamog in the Shardless with your current 75?

tangster
11-21-2016, 09:23 PM
I have two questions:

1) Confusion in the Ranks seems very strong vs Show and Tell, but how does something like Ashen Rider compare?

2) Noloam, you mentioned before that you didn't really like BFZ Ulamog that much, why is it included now? It's really just for long grindy matches that would play problem cards like bridges moats and humility right? How about playing World Breaker then? Needs caverns but it's cost is much more achievable and casting it possibly a few turns earlier seems much better.

Thanks!

Darkness
11-21-2016, 09:34 PM
I have two questions:

1) Confusion in the Ranks seems very strong vs Show and Tell, but how does something like Ashen Rider compare?

2) Noloam, you mentioned before that you didn't really like BFZ Ulamog that much, why is it included now? It's really just for long grindy matches that would play problem cards like bridges moats and humility right? How about playing World Breaker then? Needs caverns but it's cost is much more achievable and casting it possibly a few turns earlier seems much better.

Thanks!

Noloam and I have talked about the Worldbreaker and the colored inclusion and overall you just weaken the deck and land utility that the color access grants you. The Ulamog is there for the enchantment hate you have mentioned and for the mirror. I haven't found a card I like replacing it with yet so it is still in my 75. I tried a Bant Eldrazi (resembling the modern version) list for about 50 matches and decided it is better for the creature matches but worse against the combo decks. I think colorless is the way to go.

tangster
11-21-2016, 09:43 PM
Noloam and I have talked about the Worldbreaker and the colored inclusion and overall you just weaken the deck and land utility that the color access grants you. The Ulamog is there for the enchantment hate you have mentioned and for the mirror. I haven't found a card I like replacing it with yet so it is still in my 75. I tried a Bant Eldrazi (resembling the modern version) list for about 50 matches and decided it is better for the creature matches but worse against the combo decks. I think colorless is the way to go.

Ahh, because I've seen some lists run the Worldbreakers (with only Caverns as green source), wondered how that works out.

I'm actually going to GP Chiba this weekend, I'm just trying to finalize on my sideboard. Currently on Noloam's sower build with non-confusion sideboard.
Taking out 2 Ratchet Bombs and an Endbringer weakens the Eldrazi mirror though (and some other token based strategies and low CMC decks like delver, DNT etc), isn't that a concern?

I really don't have a decent idea what the Japanese meta is, but apparently it's pretty standard (with occasional weird brews like always).

Noloam_
11-22-2016, 01:22 AM
Noloam, you bring Ulamog in the Shardless with your current 75?

No. Most of the time, you dont have enough mana dor it. but bringing it in is not actually bad in my opinion

Noloam_
11-22-2016, 01:26 AM
Ahh, because I've seen some lists run the Worldbreakers (with only Caverns as green source), wondered how that works out.

I'm actually going to GP Chiba this weekend, I'm just trying to finalize on my sideboard. Currently on Noloam's sower build with non-confusion sideboard.
Taking out 2 Ratchet Bombs and an Endbringer weakens the Eldrazi mirror though (and some other token based strategies and low CMC decks like delver, DNT etc), isn't that a concern?

I really don't have a decent idea what the Japanese meta is, but apparently it's pretty standard (with occasional weird brews like always).

If you go to japan, play confusion. Japan is THE omnitell country

You play confusion over ashen rider, because you rather get the permanent then destroying it

tangster
11-22-2016, 09:04 AM

You play confusion over ashen rider, because you rather get the permanent then destroying it

Thanks noloam, did not know show and tell was so prevalent there actually, I'll submit using your confusion list. Thank you!!

Noloam_
11-22-2016, 09:22 AM
Thanks noloam, did not know show and tell was so prevalent there actually, I'll submit using your confusion list. Thank you!!

good luck with it :). today i got wrecked by omnitell two games, regardless of the confusion for the first time :/. through the breach and realese the ant are annoying. stupid gitaxian probe :P. but hey if i did not play anything i was also dead XD

MasterHerC
11-22-2016, 11:37 AM

Just wanted to say the same.
It will be Show-and-Tell-City in Chiba.

The Asians love to play unfair decks and Big Bomb Creatures. (:
You can also expect a good amount of ANT and Reanimator (both, UB & BR).

Darkness
11-22-2016, 10:38 PM
Has anyone tested with basilisk collar for the mirror of goofy matchup.

tangster
11-23-2016, 12:48 AM
good luck with it :). today i got wrecked by omnitell two games, regardless of the confusion for the first time :/. through the breach and realese the ant are annoying. stupid gitaxian probe :P. but hey if i did not play anything i was also dead XD

Hehe I'm getting worked up and excited for GP Chiba each passing hour!!!

How does Release the Ant work in snt?

tangster
11-23-2016, 12:53 AM
Just wanted to say the same.
It will be Show-and-Tell-City in Chiba.

The Asians love to play unfair decks and Big Bomb Creatures. (:
You can also expect a good amount of ANT and Reanimator (both, UB & BR).

Storm not too scary, just have to hope to draw my chalices and postboard thorns

Reanimator I feel is tougher, especially game 1.
How hard should I mulligan for Leyline post board? Eldrazi is pretty resilient to mulligans, I've had games where milliganing even down to 4 has been good just because I've needed certain hands.

tangster
11-23-2016, 01:16 AM
Metagame breakdown from recent Hareruya legacy tournament

http://www.hareruyamtg.com/article/category/detail/3545
Metagame Breakdown in the 300 players tournament at Hareruya on 2016/11/19

UW miracle 10.3%
Eldrazi 10%
D&T 6.7%
BUG 5.3%
4C Delver 5.3%
UR Delver 4.3%
Infect 4.3%
UBR Delver 4.0%
Omni-Tell 4.0%
Jund 4.0%
ANT 3.3%
Lands 2.0%
UB reanimate 2.0%
Griselshoot 2.0%
Sneak and Show 2.0%

Noloam_
11-23-2016, 04:07 AM
Has anyone tested with basilisk collar for the mirror of goofy matchup.

yes it is great in the mirror. It is insane vs any burn/UR deck. and combo's with endbringer. I think it is good, but you dont have room for it. I rather use my sideboard to make my bad matchups better, then to make my OK matches better

chaosjace
11-24-2016, 03:15 PM
Serious question.
What situations or meta do I want endbringer in? Does it take the place of oblivion sower or fill a different roll?
My meta Is combo heavy so I don't know how goodnsower would be, I've died to empty the warrens but that's probably too fast for endbringer. Drowner of hope is the 6 drop I am running and that feels right. Just want some opinions.
Meta is also D&T, couple delvers, elves, belcher, tin fins show and tell and ant. Should I even be running a 6 drop? Maybe I make room for another dismember or warping wail main.

Noloam_
11-24-2016, 03:37 PM
Serious question.
What situations or meta do I want endbringer in? Does it take the place of oblivion sower or fill a different roll?
My meta Is combo heavy so I don't know how goodnsower would be, I've died to empty the warrens but that's probably too fast for endbringer. Drowner of hope is the 6 drop I am running and that feels right. Just want some opinions.
Meta is also D&T, couple delvers, elves, belcher, tin fins show and tell and ant. Should I even be running a 6 drop? Maybe I make room for another dismember or warping wail main.

if you dont play confusion side, you have to play endbringer main vs show and tell decks. Oblivion sower is more vs the decks with shaman or counters

if that really is your meta i whould really not run the 6 drops, but i whould run 2 thorns main for sure (at least)

fireiced
11-25-2016, 01:36 AM
Chiba tomorrow! Playing with ESG instead of SSG for the 1x World Breaker in the side. Wish me luck in meeting all the good matchups :cool:

Edit: for the matchups

R1, Miracles - Won 2-0, Always had that warping wail to snipe that miracled Terminus.

R2, Shardless Sultai - Loss 1-2, Valuetown is valuetown.

R3, Lands - Win 2-1, Leyline & World Breaker from the side did a lot of work.

R4, Infect - Loss 1-2, Should had won this but he drew the recall to bounce chalice on 1 to Beserk before I can swing for lethal.

R5, Infect - Win 2-0, Eye of Ugin vomit starts is legit.

R6, Storm - Win 2-0, Maindeck 6 lock pieces of 2 Thorns & 4 Chalice + 4 City of Traitors wins Storm

R7, Shardless Sultai - Win 2-1, Valuetown cannot beat Eye of Ugin vomit starts.

R8, Grixis Delver - Win 2-1, Eye of Ugin vomit starts is legit. Warping Wail is awesome vs YP.

R9, DnT - Concede to friend as he was paired up and cannot take another loss.

Ended the day with 6-3 to go day 2 :cool:

Darkness
11-27-2016, 06:17 AM
Eldrazi was the single most highest represented archetype on Day 2 of Chiba. If you combine all the Delver decks together then Delver was but I don't because none of them play out the same. Go go tentacle monSTARS!

MasterHerC
11-27-2016, 01:42 PM
23 copies of Oblivion Sower and 19 copies of Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth in the 7 Eldrazi Decks of GP Chiba's Top64.
Seems they also like Ulamog.
Only 5 copies of Simian Spirit Guide.

All 7 lists below (wanted to add them with a "show-on-click"-text for each list, but don't know how):

HIDEHIRO NOMURA'S ELDRAZI - 23RD

Creature (24)
4 Eldrazi Mimic
4 Matter Reshaper
4 Oblivion Sower
4 Endless One
4 Reality Smasher
4 Thought-Knot Seer

Instant (4)
2 Dismember
2 Warping Wail

Artifact (6)
4 Chalice of the Void
2 Umezawa's Jitte

Land (26)
4 Eye of Ugin
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Cavern of Souls
3 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4 Wasteland
3 City of Traitors
60 Cards

Sideboard (15)
4 Thorn of Amethyst
4 Leyline of the Void
3 Ratchet Bomb
2 Pithing Needle
1 All Is Dust
1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

---
---

SHIN TOMIZAWA'S ELDRAZI - 26TH

Creature (25)
4 Reality Smasher
4 Eldrazi Mimic
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Endless One
4 Oblivion Sower
3 Matter Reshaper
1 Endbringer

Instant (2)
2 Warping Wail

Artifact (8)
4 Grim Monolith
4 Chalice of the Void

Land (25)
4 Eye of Ugin
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Ancient Tomb
4 City of Traitors
4 Cavern of Souls
2 Wasteland
60 Cards

Sideboard (15)
1 Endbringer
3 Thorn of Amethyst
4 Leyline of the Void
2 Dismember
1 Mockery of Nature
2 Ratchet Bomb
2 Wurmcoil Engine

---
---

HIDEAKI HATA'S ELDRAZI - 32ND

Creature (27)
4 Eldrazi Mimic
3 Simian Spirit Guide
4 Matter Reshaper
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Reality Smasher
3 Oblivion Sower
4 Endless One

Sorcery (2)
2 All Is Dust
Instant (2)
2 Dismember

Artifact (4)
4 Chalice of the Void

Land (25)
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Cavern of Souls
4 City of Traitors
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Eye of Ugin
2 Wasteland
60 Cards

Sideboard (15)
4 Thorn of Amethyst
4 Ratchet Bomb
4 Leyline of the Void
3 Coercive Portal

---
---

HIROKI KAGEYAMA'S ELDRAZI - 42ND

Creature (26)
1 Endbringer
4 Oblivion Sower
4 Reality Smasher
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Matter Reshaper
4 Endless One
4 Eldrazi Mimic

Instant (2)
2 Warping Wail

Artifact (6)
4 Chalice of the Void
2 Umezawa's Jitte

Land (26)
4 Eye of Ugin
4 Cavern of Souls
3 Wasteland
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 City of Traitors
4 Ancient Tomb
60 Cards

Sideboard (15)
2 All Is Dust
2 Dismember
2 Ratchet Bomb
4 Thorn of Amethyst
4 Leyline of the Void
1 Karakas

---
---

YUMA KOIZUMI'S ELDRAZI - 43RD

Creature (27)
4 Eldrazi Mimic
4 Endless One
4 Reality Smasher
4 Oblivion Sower
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Matter Reshaper
2 Simian Spirit Guide

Instant (3)
1 Warping Wail
2 Dismember

Artifact (6)
4 Chalice of the Void
2 Umezawa's Jitte

Land (24)
4 Eye of Ugin
3 City of Traitors
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Cavern of Souls
4 Eldrazi Temple
2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
3 Wasteland
60 Cards

Sideboard (15)
3 Thorn of Amethyst
4 Leyline of the Void
2 Ratchet Bomb
1 Karakas
2 Pithing Needle
2 Endbringer
1 Basilisk Collar

---
---

TOMONORI HIRAMI'S ELDRAZI - 46TH

Creature (22)
4 Eldrazi Mimic
2 Endbringer
4 Endless One
4 Matter Reshaper
4 Reality Smasher
4 Thought-Knot Seer

Instant (6)
3 Warping Wail
3 Dismember

Artifact (6)
4 Chalice of the Void
2 Umezawa's Jitte

Land (26)
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Cavern of Souls
4 City of Traitors
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Wasteland
3 Eye of Ugin
2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1 Karakas
60 Cards

Sideboard (15)
2 All Is Dust
4 Leyline of the Void
3 Ratchet Bomb
4 Thorn of Amethyst
2 Pithing Needle

---
---

MASATOMO IWAYAMA'S ELDRAZI - 47TH

Creature (25)
4 Matter Reshaper
4 Endless One
4 Oblivion Sower
4 Reality Smasher
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Eldrazi Mimic

Sorcery (2)
2 All Is Dust

Instant (3)
2 Warping Wail
1 Dismember

Artifact (5)
4 Chalice of the Void
1 Umezawa's Jitte

Land (25)
4 Cavern of Souls
4 Eldrazi Temple
3 City of Traitors
4 Ancient Tomb
3 Wasteland
4 Eye of Ugin
60 Cards

Sideboard (15)
1 Warping Wail
1 Dismember
1 Endbringer
2 Pithing Needle
2 Ratchet Bomb
4 Thorn of Amethyst
4 Leyline of the Void

---
---

chaosjace
11-27-2016, 03:18 PM
What purpose does the urborg land serve? I genuinely have no idea. Is it to make LotV castable?

ratninja
11-27-2016, 03:31 PM
What purpose does the urborg land serve? I genuinely have no idea. Is it to make LotV castable?

Lots of stuff, mainly:
* You can tap Eye of Ugin for a black mana, meaning it represents 3 mana.
* You can tap Ancient tomb for black mana, so you don't take 2 damage when you tap it
* If your build has Oblivion Sower, fetch lands can be tapped for mana

Also:
* you can pay for Dismembers black mana
* you can pay for Surgical Extraction, Fearie Macabre or Leyline of the Void, cards which may be in your sideboard

MasterHerC
11-27-2016, 03:34 PM
It enables Eye of Ugin to tap for an additional mana.
For the Lategame You can also tap Ancient Tomb just for 1 Black instead of paying 2 Life for :2:.
And if You hit some Fetchlands with Oblivion Sower You can also tap those for mana.

And a nice, small bonus is that You don't have to pay so much life for Dismember if the lands are up.

Oh, and it makes Leyline of the Void castable, if You happen to draw it.

EDIT: got ninja'd by a ratninja. :D
EDIT2: I kinda like it that we got the same order, though.

chaosjace
11-27-2016, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the answers! I will run one in the list I am running, as I have 4 Aether hub. The biggest plus I see is for the eye and tomb, it's too easy to almost kill yourself with tomb.

MasterHerC
11-27-2016, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the answers! I will run one in the list I am running, as I have 4 Aether hub. The biggest plus I see is for the eye and tomb, it's too easy to almost kill yourself with tomb.

Especially if You are also forced to play a Dismember, paying 4 Life.

I found myself in that situation way too often, so I went down to 2 Wastelands for a second Urborg, not regretting that right now.

But now I want to try out 4 Sower (quickly ordered 2 more foil copies). :P

Darkness
11-27-2016, 04:12 PM
I feel like removing the SSG makes combo match ups worse, which is surprising considering the Japanese Meta has pretty good combo players. I have considered it but I'm in the North East of USA and there are a lot of combo players here. Maybe if the Meta shifted heavily to the Shardless Match up I would consider it, I just wouldn't want to make my bad matches worse than they are.

MasterHerC
11-27-2016, 04:57 PM
I can just imagine that they relied on the Oblivion Sower because they expected a lot of Sneak & Show - Decks, so that there is a higher possibility of hitting additional Ancient Tombs & Cities (if the games goes long like that, of course).
But I for myself would more likely play Thorns in the MD instead of a bunch of Sowers as I think that taxing those decks is more valueable than probably hitting those Lands.
I won't cut any SSG's, too, for no special reasons, they are simply good.

fireiced
11-27-2016, 10:42 PM
Continuation from my previous post, finished a lousy 7-8 in day 2 :tongue:

R10 & 11. Mirror and lost both, all losses as the 4x Oblivion Sower MD with both of them MDing the boss Ulamog. Big Eldrazi trumps Small Eldrazi me

R12, Miracles, Loss 1-2, Outplayed. Japanese players are fantastic with Miracles and have a lot of spicy tech.

R13, Omni-Tell, Loss 0-2, Herp Derp T1 SnTs

R14, Sneaky Show, Win 2-1, Had Singleton Endbringer to face his T1 SnT Emrakul in both postboarded games.

R15, Elf Ball, Loss 0-2, Herp Derp flood the board into Craterhoofs. Chalice at 1 gets destroyed on the spot and I think I sided wrong here. Thorns does like nothing against them despite hitting their game ender cards but pointy ears make so much mana.

Eldrazi was the single most highest represented archetype on Day 2 of Chiba. If you combine all the Delver decks together then Delver was but I don't because none of them play out the same. Go go tentacle monSTARS!

Yes we are the most represented archetype but we are all mostly in the 6-3 bracket. Out of contention for top 8.

I feel like removing the SSG makes combo match ups worse, which is surprising considering the Japanese Meta has pretty good combo players. I have considered it but I'm in the North East of USA and there are a lot of combo players here. Maybe if the Meta shifted heavily to the Shardless Match up I would consider it, I just wouldn't want to make my bad matches worse than they are.

I want to challenge this assumption that the Japanese meta is the combo meta. Japan is THE Miracles & SnT variant meta. My friends who met Storm opponents, none are Japanese. SSG is stellar vs Storm but it feels like a liability vs Miracles and do not really pressure SnT into action as much (since SnT just shows and goes off, T1 Thorn aside).

Edit for spelling

Noloam_
11-28-2016, 01:42 AM
monolith is akward with thorn, akward with eye, worse with reshaper flips and doesnt pay daze. next!

MasterHerC
11-28-2016, 02:49 AM
I don't like Monolith, too.
It's better in Vintage Eldrazi Shops, though.

I also just realized, that none of the Top64 Players have a single copy of Mishra's Factory in their 75.

It kinda surprised me, that they did not MD a lot of Thorns.

What do You guys think of SD that Will of the Council - Artifact (EDIT: Coersive Portal)?
(I think You clearly want "better" cards.)

and3h
11-28-2016, 05:12 AM
Isn't coercive portal just a 4 mana draw a card? No one is going to go with the destroy permanents side if they've got another option are they?

Darkness
11-28-2016, 07:06 AM
What do You guys think of SD that Will of the Council - Artifact (EDIT: Coersive Portal)?
(I think You clearly want "better" cards.)

I feel the card could be good against the mirror or Shardless to help in grindy situations but I thought about it against miracles and g2&g3 you either pressure them, they can't keep up and die, or your facing Blood Moon or Back to Basics and you become locked out. I think that the card has merit but I personally am not a fan, especially playing more than 2. But if anyone has experience with the card I would love to hear.

Noloam_
11-28-2016, 07:45 AM
i dont like expensive cards that dont interact with eye usually. But it is indeed great sometimes. I dont think there is room for it in the sideboard

Noloam_
11-28-2016, 09:12 AM
5-0 today

-ANT
-ANT
-Landstill
-Eldrazi
-ANT

Modo gave me lemons last week, but today was a good day

Noloam_
11-28-2016, 03:45 PM
Can somebody tell me what the proper way is to stack the Confusion in the ranks triggers vs Show and tell into omniscience? I stacked them wrong somehow a week ago, which costed me the game. I got his omniscience and he got the ranks and then they flipped back

i run 2 spine of ish sah and 1 confusion on the ranks sideboard now. Because in needed 2 more sideboardslots for the mirror

Varal
11-28-2016, 04:07 PM
Can somebody tell me what the proper way is to stack the Confusion in the ranks triggers vs Show and tell into omniscience? I stacked them wrong somehow a week ago, which costed me the game. I got his omniscience and he got the ranks and then they flipped back

i run 2 spine of ish sah and 1 confusion on the ranks sideboard now. Because in needed 2 more sideboardslots for the mirror

The order doesn't matter. The second trigger should fizzle due to the first swap ensuring the targeted enchantment is no longer controlled by an opponent. Maybe the rules aren't properly implemented on MODO.

Noloam_
11-29-2016, 07:26 AM
well thats lame :/

5-0 today

-nic fit
-miracles
-eldrazi
-BR reanimator
-grixis delver

my streak is now 18-2

Serapha
11-29-2016, 03:45 PM
Shardless BUG has ruined my chance of a shiny trophy cabinet twice today. Matchup feels horrible. Anyone care to share their successful approach to that matchup?

from Cairo
11-29-2016, 03:57 PM
First time sleeving up this deck, this past week for my weekly Legacy. I faced Shardless twice and went 1-1. I agree the match up felt challenging, particularly if they landed an early Tarmogoyf or we are a bit slow out the gate. Any advice would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

potatodavid
11-29-2016, 04:13 PM
Shardless BUG has ruined my chance of a shiny trophy cabinet twice today. Matchup feels horrible. Anyone care to share their successful approach to that matchup?

They have the best card in the world against us: Tarmogoyf. It's super awkward for us to deal with. I feel your pain.

Serapha
11-29-2016, 04:15 PM
They have the best card in the world against us: Tarmogoyf. It's super awkward for us to deal with. I feel your pain.

Well Goyf had a sidekick in one of the matches: Glissa, the Traitor. I felt so manhandled.

Darkness
11-29-2016, 04:36 PM
First time sleeving up this deck, this past week for my weekly Legacy. I faced Shardless twice and went 1-1. I agree the match up felt challenging, particularly if they landed an early Tarmogoyf or we are a bit slow out the gate. Any advice would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All is Dust is an all star and has won me a fair share of games by breaking many standstills or opposing boards.

Try to save dismembers for goyf in combat tricks. Run reshapers into known incoming lilianas

Try to kill DRS on site.

Oblivion Sower helps against the Goyfs a lot.

Noloam_
11-29-2016, 05:18 PM

call goyf the best card untill you face back to basics :)

TLK
11-29-2016, 08:17 PM

How has Spine of Ish Sah been?

potatodavid
11-29-2016, 08:30 PM

Right, but I don't see back to basics in Sultai

chaosjace
11-29-2016, 09:47 PM
what do we do against back to basics?

Darkness
11-29-2016, 10:00 PM
what do we do against back to basics?

Beat them before it resolves or play an all is dust or Ulamog and pray they don't have a counter.

Noloam_
11-30-2016, 01:36 AM
How has Spine of Ish Sah been?

i have not used it yet.

sporenfrosch1411
11-30-2016, 06:11 AM
Since im playing white (and now white blue) Eldrazi a long time, but never have really tested the colorless version(s) =>
When splashing colors, i basically loose Wasteland and Mishras Factory (i play Caverns and Corrupted Crossroads) and swap the Apes for Lotus Petals, the Reshaper for Displacer and the Sower for Drowners.
In return im getting Eldrazi Displacer and Drowner of Hope - both of which seem to be pretty nice.
Nevertheless, im not sure if i really need either of those, which is why im looking at colorless eldrazi now - but im having a hard time (while testing noLoams list) understanding the colorless way yet.

1. Whats your opinion on Matter Reshaper VS Eldrazi Displacer? Displacer solves a lot of problems (Batterskull, Equipments, Marit Lage Token, the Mirror - to name a few. In which matchups do you think Reshaper is good (or maybe better than displacer) ?
2. Are Wastelands worthwhile? Dont they dilute the option to search up with Eye of Ugin lategame (since you sacrificed a land). When (generally speaking) do you use them? Which problems do they solve for you?
3. Whats your Opinion on Oblivion Sower VS Drowner of Hope? Drowner is a beast when it comes to creaturefights, most of the time landing him means gg next turn (and maybe even the same turn). compared to Endbringer he seems to be faster, but has less "options". Then again, "options" are nice, but smashing face and winning is "nicer". Sower seems to mostly be used against Goyf Decks if im not mistaken, and to some extend vs controlish decks (e.g. miracles) and i get the point of him ramping into ulamog (i had 2x Sower+1x Ulamog in the side a long time), but in many matchups he seems to be "just" a big dumb guy.... but maybe this is exactly why he is beeing played? Also drowner "fixes" show and tell to some extent, since you get 2 free turns tapping their guy :)
4. Im still having a hard time beating Lands, even with graveyard hate it seems they just are so way uphill... i currently do 3x Pithing Needle + 4 Faerie Macabre, the 1st needle blind on wasteland, the 2nd on Thespian...
5. im testing Skyspawner right now, any1 has any experience with that ?

Mr Miagi
11-30-2016, 06:39 AM
What's so hard to understand about colorless eldrazi? The deck si really easy to play. Not bragging (well, a little maybe) but I took it to GP Prague without any prior experience with eldrazis and finished 10-4 (could be even better barring some topdecks from oponents). You first turn drops are mimics, maybe endless one, chalice and perhaps thorn if you play them main. On your turn two you should be able to cast pretty much every coloress eldrazi, preferably thoguthknot seer. From there on you just smash faces.. ain't nothing much elso to it. Probably the most difficult part is assessing when to hold up warping wail and when to tap out.. but I guess this comes with some long term experience in legacy and amgic in general.

Personally I always found the color eldrazis to be a bit overkill, tying to be fancy and all when in reality you really don't need to be, just stack em up and turn sideways. :wink:

sporenfrosch1411
11-30-2016, 06:57 AM
@miagi:
i may have made myself unclear. its not about playong eldrazi in general, been playing the deck since march and am 4th place in our cities overall local league (20-30 changing players, 11 tournaments per year, diverse meta)
im mostly about the differences between colored and colorless, as my points tried to make clear - since ive been playing colored eldrazi only so far.

chaosjace
11-30-2016, 10:28 AM
Thoughts and notes.

This is what I am running
24 LANDS
4 Aether Hub
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Cavern of Souls
4 Corrupted Crossroads
4 Eldrazi Temple
3 Eye of Ugin
1 Karakas
23 CREATURES
1 Drowner of Hope
3 Eldrazi Displacer
4 Eldrazi Mimic
3 Eldrazi Obligator
4 Endless One
4 Reality Smasher
4 Thought-Knot Seer
5 INSTANTS and SORC.
2 Dismember
3 Warping Wail
8 OTHER SPELLS
4 Chalice of the Void
3 Thorn of Amethyst
1 Umezawa's Jitte

as my introduction to the deck. I have replaced the drowner of hope with endbringer, and swapped the karakas for urborg in the side (which is still in progress)
I really like obligator, stole an Elesh norn from reanimator, uncounterable with cavern and he had a force, and swung for lethal on turn 3.
Might sideboard one or two of them to try out reshaper.
I am also thinking about sticking a couple Basic Land - Waste in the deck, for heavy land hate meta. Probably cut a hub or two or crossroads, not really sure yet.
Two Mimics and dropping reality smasher reminds me of vintage MUD, and feels good to be able to swing for 15 so quickly.
The deck feels solid and I am still learning interactions.
I really like Displacer.
I am looking forward to racking up some matches with this deck.

Whitefaces
11-30-2016, 10:54 AM
I really like obligator, stole an Elesh norn from reanimator, uncounterable with cavern and he had a force, and swung for lethal on turn 3.

I don't think it's possible for this deck to kill on T3 if the opponent got an Elesh Norn into play.

Secretly.A.Bee
11-30-2016, 11:37 AM
Eye and Cavern + 8 creatures all playable on the same turn 1. Turn 2 obligator their elesh, swing for a billion. Turn 3, do it again. Obviously it's possible. Probable? No.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Whitefaces
11-30-2016, 11:41 AM
Eye and Cavern + 8 creatures all playable on the same turn 1. Turn 2 obligator their elesh, swing for a billion. Turn 3, do it again. Obviously it's possible. Probable? No.

Hand starting size aside, Elesh kills all of them.

Darkness
11-30-2016, 01:06 PM
I tried the Bant list a while ago and seemed very good against the fair decks but pretty bad against the super unfair decks. Personally, I will stick with colorless, but it's nice to know if the meta shifts I can easily swap some cheap cards out to adapt. Also, I will be going to an up and coming GPT for GP Louisville with the deck and hoping to take it down for some bye's into the main event! A report will ensue for the GPT.

Secretly.A.Bee
11-30-2016, 01:27 PM
Hand starting size aside, Elesh kills all of them.
Correct. Damn, I'm good...

MasterHerC
11-30-2016, 02:09 PM
With that list above, how do You cast a turn 2 Obligator and pay for the trigger?
Am I missing something (except for a SSG to do so)?

RhoxWarMonk
11-30-2016, 05:34 PM
With that list above, how do You cast a turn 2 Obligator and pay for the trigger?
Am I missing something (except for a SSG to do so)?

This is my question as well. Obligator costs 5 with the trigger.... how are you hitting that turn 2? Even with multiple Lotus petals or ssg you still wouldn't have the mana to hit again turn 3, unless I'm really missing something here.

Calling shenaggans

MasterHerC
11-30-2016, 06:43 PM
The list does not contain any copy of SSG, but with SSG it would be possible.
Or You have to run the Mox Diamond variant.

Eye + Sol Land/Temple + SSG/Petal
Sol Land + Temple +SSG/Petal
Sol Land + Sol Land +SSG/Petal
Temple + Temple +SSG/Petal

For Turn 3 You then need another SSG/Petal or a Cavern of Souls.

Kinda clunky ... not?

chaosjace
11-30-2016, 09:17 PM
Sorry, I should have detailed that a bit more I guess. he dropped elesh on his second turn to kill my mimic. My next turn I dropped displaced as a chimp blocker, he swung for 4 then my next turn I cast obligatory with cavern, ancient tomb and eldrazi temple. It steals elesh on cast so it doesn't wipe my board, obligatory has haste and gives elesh haste to swing for lethal,
The mistake may be I am so used to gold fishing I was referring to my turn 3 not the 3rd turn of the game. Sorry for the brain damage I have and caused

Noloam_
12-01-2016, 01:38 AM
the colored vs colorless discussion has been held too many times in this topic. the colered version lacks 1 thing........good longterm results

Fatal
12-01-2016, 08:29 AM
@Noloam for sure it's bacause of low popularity - but every time I compare versions - specially white one which resolve a lot of problems I came to conclusion - why colorless is still played:

It's much easier to play, it doesn't require too many decisions, colorless version is also cheaper, sure you can use petal instead of moxes but build will suffer from it. Colorless answers like all is dust are mostly not working good in mirror, which lead to use of Dismembers, white color offers much better removal 1 cmc and 2 cmc.

Every time I met a friend with Sneak & Show I wonder how colorless eldrazi can handle turn 1-2 cheated threads or Moon effect. Answer is - they don't. Most S&S matchups are just loses - sure we can tune SB to more focus on them like red Confusion in the Ranks, but on bigger events you can't pack so focused SB since you met also other matchups which are also not favorable like Reanimator.

At the end I found that Shardless BUG pack more and more Strix & Goyfs to their 75, to have edge over Eldrazi. White one - can still fight with them with first strike, and mana daniel, which is very good against shardless.

Last but not least - case - Blood Moon - not so omnipresent like after Eldrazi pop up, but still a thread - good answers vs them, and more diversity threads (not only Eldrazi) is just an edge.

final compare - mirror - SFM package and removal is huge here. Only way to win against is fast Sower with Eye backup - 1 wasteland / Thalia 2.0 can cut that plans.

To defend colorless version - it can still draw much faster clock with Mimics/Eye start then any colored one - question - does we want to go Belcher road ?

Noloam_
12-01-2016, 10:27 AM
there is a reason that it is not populair, that is because it is clearly not good enough. it is better in some matches. but worse in the most cases

Dr Brian Pepper
12-01-2016, 04:00 PM
Some questions:

Why Oblivion Sower over Endbringer?

How important is Mirsha Factory in the deck? How crazy is it to try Ghost Quarters instead?

Darkness
12-01-2016, 04:39 PM
Some questions:

Why Oblivion Sower over Endbringer?

How important is Mirsha Factory in the deck? How crazy is it to try Ghost Quarters instead?

Sower is to beat the goyf and mirror matches. I find mishras factory to give an extra threat when threat light. I wouldn't remove it if you're playing colorless version.

RhoxWarMonk
12-01-2016, 06:18 PM
@Noloam for sure it's bacause of low popularity - but every time I compare versions - specially white one which resolve a lot of problems I came to conclusion - why colorless is still played:

It's much easier to play, it doesn't require too many decisions, colorless version is also cheaper, sure you can use petal instead of moxes but build will suffer from it. Colorless answers like all is dust are mostly not working good in mirror, which lead to use of Dismembers, white color offers much better removal 1 cmc and 2 cmc.

I don't believe cost is ever a reason to play one version of a deck over the other. Honestly, if the Eldrazi colored builds were putting up the kinds of results the colorless is, then people would play it -- full stop. It has nothing to do with the price of Mox Diamonds, which honestly, aren't even that expensive when you are talking about legacy staples.

Every time I met a friend with Sneak & Show I wonder how colorless eldrazi can handle turn 1-2 cheated threads or Moon effect. Answer is - they don't. Most S&S matchups are just loses - sure we can tune SB to more focus on them like red Confusion in the Ranks, but on bigger events you can't pack so focused SB since you met also other matchups which are also not favorable like Reanimator.

Sneak and Show is tough, especially pre-sideboard, so I see where you are coming from. Post I bring in 4 Thorns + 3 Confusions (thanks Noloam!!) and it gives me a much better shot. Colorless also CRUSHES other combo decks, like Storm or High Tide. Funny story, I played a High Tide player in a tournament, real good guy. Afterwards he says "I don't know how I could possibly beat that deck and jokingly pretended to throw his deck across the room lol" - Chalice + Thorns are bad news for majority of combo decks, though I haven't played against Reanimator much, especially the new B/R one but I suspect LotV's does lots of work.

At the end I found that Shardless BUG pack more and more Strix & Goyfs to their 75, to have edge over Eldrazi. White one - can still fight with them with first strike, and mana daniel, which is very good against shardless.

Can you explain this a little please? Which first strike creatures are you talking about? Which mana denial are you adding that isn't present in colorless lists? Maybe it would help if I could see your decklist, you mention Thalia and SFM a little below, so maybe you're playing a different colored Eldrazi list than I'm thinking about? Would love to see it please!

Last but not least - case - Blood Moon - not so omnipresent like after Eldrazi pop up, but still a thread - good answers vs them, and more diversity threads (not only Eldrazi) is just an edge.

I agree fully, and Blood Moon is a bitch to deal with, especially as colorless. It's going to be Sower or bust (basically) in these cases.

final compare - mirror - SFM package and removal is huge here. Only way to win against is fast Sower with Eye backup - 1 wasteland / Thalia 2.0 can cut that plans.

To defend colorless version - it can still draw much faster clock with Mimics/Eye start then any colored one - question - does we want to go Belcher road ?

It's not Belcher though, it's so much more consistent. I tried very hard to make the colored version work, I really wanted it to. I wanted to play Karakas and Displacers and Moxes in this shell, but I just had such better results everytime I switched to the colorless version. Even just basic splashes for Displacer lost a lot of explosiveness, though that was the colored deck I had the most success with (4 Displacers + 3 Petals over 4 Reshapers + 3 SSG). To be fair, colorless is much more refined, in huge part to Noloam/Darkness and others here for putting in the work, so I just take their 75 and roll with it. Certainly could be ways to make the colored lists better, which I'd be all for discussing but as it currently stands, colorless > colored builds.

Riehu
12-02-2016, 02:34 AM

I haven't played Eldrazi or any other constructed format in a long time but played all the variations of Eldrazi back in the spring for months. In the end the colorless version was hands down the most consistent of 'em all. I loved tinkering with the different colors but eventually decided against anything else but mono.

Also if you read back the thread there is lots of discussion and 5-0 decklists of colored versions as well. Though I'm quite sure you have done this already.

sporenfrosch1411
12-02-2016, 04:32 AM
-edit-
whatever

Fatal
12-02-2016, 05:45 AM
@RhoxWarMonk refering to Thalia Stompy list - can be found here http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?30943-Thalia-Stompy

As I said before - I don't like to lose to 1 card or one deck - that's why was seeking for hybrid version of Eldrazi Stompy which would cover all week sides.

What was sacrificed to achieve goals ? Speed mostly - Mimics, Endless One, Eye of Ugins (for manabase consistancy). From Zoo route we know that aggro deck can't be faster then combo. You need hate to fight against. Best hate cards against combo - Thalia & Chalice, adding Thalia 2.0 as really good thread in this shell, SFM to CA and good threads to smooth mana curve and you have really beating deck, which maybe not so fast as colorless Eldrazi - but still decent speed (TKS & Smashers present - which are best cards in Eldrazi IMO).

Last list which I was testing:

// 60 Maindeck
// 9 Artifact
3 Mox Diamond
1 Umezawa's Jitte
1 Batterskull
4 Chalice of the Void

// 26 Creature
3 Reality Smasher
2 Lodestone Golem
3 Stoneforge Mystic
3 Blade Splicer
3 Eldrazi Displacer
3 Thalia, Heretic Cathar
3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
2 Palace Jailer
4 Thought-Knot Seer

// 25 Land
2 Karakas
3 Cavern of Souls
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Ancient Tomb
2 City of Traitors
4 Wasteland
6 Plains

// 15 Sideboard
// 1 Artifact
SB: 1 Manriki-Gusari

// 3 Enchantment
SB: 1 Parallax Wave
SB: 2 Rest in Peace

// 8 Instant
SB: 3 Blessed Alliance
SB: 3 Disenchant
SB: 2 Warping Wail

// 3 Sorcery
SB: 1 Austere Command
SB: 2 Council's Judgment

//Austere Command is still in testing probably will be cut and added Elspeth as additional thread. Other MD/SB chooses described in Thalia Stompy thread - http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?30943-Thalia-Stompy.

Golems & Smashers are probably still debatable.

RhoxWarMonk
12-02-2016, 07:15 AM
That's a completely different deck and there's a reason it's under a completely different thread.

I'm hard pressed to call that an Eldrazi deck at all :eyebrow: not at all what I pictured when I read "colored Eldrazi".

sporenfrosch1411
12-02-2016, 07:33 AM
@Fatal:
Thats 10 Eldrazi you are playing an no eye of Ugin. As i mentioned before , that deck isnt Eldrazi Stompy or a subtype of it, its basically ThaliaStompy/Eldrazi+Taxes.
Dont get me wrong, it may be a good deck, but it just isnt EldraziStompy and therefore, especially if you post the link yourself, has its own thread

Noloam_
12-02-2016, 08:11 AM
I haven't played Eldrazi or any other constructed format in a long time but played all the variations of Eldrazi back in the spring for months. In the end the colorless version was hands down the most consistent of 'em all. I loved tinkering with the different colors but eventually decided against anything else but mono.

Also if you read back the thread there is lots of discussion and 5-0 decklists of colored versions as well. Though I'm quite sure you have done this already.

Riehu (L), where you at man :)?

Riehu
12-02-2016, 10:26 AM
Riehu (L), where you at man :)?

Too much traveling, settled down to London now :) Will get back to games soon but I think I'll try Infect as it's good in Modern too and I don't have loads of time to practice two different decks for Las Vegas GPs. And settle down to Eldrazi perhaps :D

You coming?

Noloam_
12-02-2016, 01:13 PM
Too much traveling, settled down to London now :) Will get back to games soon but I think I'll try Infect as it's good in Modern too and I don't have loads of time to practice two different decks for Las Vegas GPs. And settle down to Eldrazi perhaps :D

You coming?

yes i have seen some pics on your FB, nice :). Im note very sure, but i will do my best to come. If i go i will play miracles for sure

hofzge
12-05-2016, 04:51 AM
Quick tourney report -- Swiss Legacy Cup 2016; finished 9th of 84, 5-2-0

Decklist:
4x Eldrazi Mimic
4x Endless One
4x Matter Reshaper
3x Oblivion Sower
4x Reality Smasher
3x Simian Spirit Guide
4x Thought-Knot Seer

1x Dismember
2x Warping Wail
4x Chalice of the Void
2x Umezawa's Jitte

4x Ancient Tomb
4x Cavern of Souls
3x City of Traitors
4x Eldrazi Temple
4x Eye of Ugin
2x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4x Wasteland

Sideboard
2x All Is Dust
1x Endbringer
1x Karakas
4x Leyline of the Void
2x Pithing Needle
4x Thorn of Amethyst
1x Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

Before the tournament it was clear form tournament results in geneva and Berne that one of the main DTB would be BR Reanimator and thus I switched from the Thalia Stompy deck I have been playing to Eldrazi as Leyline of the Void is better than Rest in Peace against that deck.

Round 1: Bye

1-0, (2-0 in games)

Round 2: L. / Reanimator - Delver

Game one I dropped a Chalice on 1 and was able to later dismember a exhumed Tidespout Tyrant. G2 I had double Leyline, but he began Delver - Pyromancer - True-Name Nemesis and I lost in short order. For G3 I sided out the Leylines and kept a T1 Chalice T2 Thought-Knot Seer and he showed me a hand of Entomb, Reanimate, Brainstorm, Ponder and Petal - Feels good to be on the play.

2-0 (4-1 in games)

Round 3: Samuel / UR Delver

He mulligans to 5 and is crushed by a Reality Smasher and a Reshaper. On 3 Life he lavamancers the Respaher only for me to flip a Jitte. G2 I had a perfect curve and a Cavern so he cannot interact with Minic - Thought-Knot Seer - Reality Smasher.

2-0 (6-1)

Round 4: / Lands

T1 Mox Diamon, Mox Diamond pitching Dark Depths and Thespian Stage, Life from the Loam, play Thespian Stage. T2 Dark Depths with 2 Mana open... G2 I get entangled in 2 Mazes and he has enough time to assemble the combo. As bad a matchup as they come.

0-2 (6-3)

Round 5: * / BR Reanimator

My turn 1 Chalice again wins Game 1 against Reanimator. G2 I have double Leyline, but he unmasks my Reality Smasher und can animate it. Luckily I draw my own which is 5/5 instead of 4/5.

2-0 (8-3)

Round 6: Ronny / Colorless Eldrazi

We play a 54 card mirror, but the difference is that I have 3 Oblivion Sowers. G1 He plays Matter Reshapers and I play Thought-Knot taking a Jitte and Reality Smasher. G2 he mulligans and I double mulligan and have the most ridiculous game in my entire Magic life: On the Draw I have in hand Eldrazi mimic, 2 Simian Spirit Guide, Oblivion Sower, Ancient Tomb. T1 my opponent pays Cavern go. I draw Eldrazi Temple and play Mimic. T2 My opponent plays City of Traitors go and I think he heas a double City opener. I draw Oblivion Sower and play Ancient Tomb & Spirit guides to play Oblivion Sower. Sower flips Eye of Ugin, Eldrazi Temple and Ancient Tomb! Off those I play another Oblivion Sower that whiffs on lands. My oppenent has to Warping Wail my Mimic to in response to its trigger. T3 I tutor for Ulamog and T4 I play Ulamog and exile his 2 Matter Reshapers.

2-0 (10-3)

Round 7: Nicolas / Merfolk

He has early Cursecatcher, Silvergill Adept, Mutavault and a Vial at 2 and I try to catch up with an Oblivion Sower. I draw a Reality Smasher and am overeager and attack only to die to double Lord of Atlantis on my turn and before combat on his turn. G2 I Have Matter Reshaper into Reality Smasher and he can never really block in a meaningful way. G3 I play an early Reality Smasher and Beat down, but on his turn he plays Back to Basics - my Spine is instantly broken and when he is able to assemble a True-Name Nemesis and a Lord of Atlantis I get slowly beaten down.

1-2 (11-5)

Thoughts:

The Leylines were great and won against the Reanimator decks I encountered. It is also great that the deck can finish games so fast compared to Thalia Stompy because of the playset of Reality Smashers.

Taking from what has been established before and from the deck I got my Bye with I would go back to Barooks inventions and play slightly white Eldrazi. I very sorely missed Eldrazi Displacer from the white deck and it is such a great card against many mediocre matchups that Eldrazi has (Lands, Sneak and Show, sometimes Delver).

For the future how about a blast from the past (Barook's Deck from a Legacy League (https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/419525#paper) ) - he already had 4 Leyline and 4 Displacer.

itrytostorm
12-05-2016, 03:59 PM
Has anyone tried to run 3x Urborg over the Factories? Seems nice to consistently use eye for mana and save life with Tomb in play.

hofzge
12-06-2016, 03:30 AM
Has anyone tried to run 3x Urborg over the Factories? Seems nice to consistently use eye for mana and save life with Tomb in play.

How about this:

4x Ancient Tomb
4x Cavern of Souls
3/4x City of Traitors
4x Eldrazi Temple
3/4x Eye of Ugin
2x Karakas
2x Plains

1x Dismember
2x Warping Wail

4x Eldrazi Displacer
4x Eldrazi Mimic
4x Endless One
3x Oblivion Sower
4x Reality Smasher
4x Thought-Knot Seer

4x Chalice of the Void
3x Lotus Petal
2x Umezawa's Jitte

Sideboard (15)
2x All Is Dust
4x Leyline of the Void
2x Spatial Contortion
3x Thorn of Amethyst
1-3x Spine of Ish Sah / Pithing Needle / Ratchet Bomb / Endbringer / Confusion in the Ranks

To bring Barooks ideas a bit up to speed with the resurgence of Oblivion Sower. Either 3 Eye/4City or 4Eye/3City and in the last 3 slots of the sideboard any combination of the mentioned cards and some Spatial contortions against Delver.

Darkness
12-07-2016, 07:41 AM
Noloam, I saw you went 5-0 with two spin of ish. How have the been for you. Did they do as well as confusion in the ranks against the sneak and show decks? Have they been useful in other match ups?

hofzge
12-07-2016, 08:29 AM
I played this at our LGS to a 3-0-1:
4x Ancient Tomb
4x Cavern of Souls
3x City of Traitors
4x Eldrazi Temple
4x Eye of Ugin
2x Karakas
2x Plains

3x Warping Wail

4x Eldrazi Displacer
4x Eldrazi Mimic
4x Endless One
3x Oblivion Sower
4x Reality Smasher
4x Thought-Knot Seer

4x Chalice of the Void
3x Lotus Petal
2x Umezawa's Jitte

Sideboard (15)
2x All Is Dust
1x Endbringer
4x Leyline of the Void
2x Spatial Contortion
2x Spine of Ish Sah
3x Thorn of Amethyst

Round 1: Alex / Infect

G1 I win with enough pressure thanks also to him playing Breeding Pools instead of Tropical Islands. I side in the Endbringer and the Contortions and have a ton of interaction in G2 and the Endbringer in hand, but am consticted on mana and when I cannot activate Displacer twice he kills me. G3 is better again as I play a Chalice an later am able to see his hand thanks to a THought-Knot Seer and he has 2 Glisterner Elves, Berserk and Vines of Vastwood... Soon afterwards he is dead.

1-0, (2-1 in games)

Round 2: Domi / Stoneblade - Standstill concoction

I play about 4-5 Oblivion Sowers after Jaces bounces them multiple times and have 7 lands from him including Mishra's Factory, Wasteland and Karakas. I activate Eye of Ugin multiple times and somehow he still is in the game with a Batterskulled Mystic and Jitte until i get an uncounterable Displacer and can block the Mystic with a factory and waste it. G2 is more of the same, but this time my Reality Smashers beat his Batterskull.

2-0 (4-1 in games)

Round 3: Matej / BURG Delver

The first game has me struggle and die to a flipped Delver and Wasteland, Stifle on Jitte and a Bolt.
The second game takes about 35 or more minutes as we have a standoff with me at 8 with a Displacer and a Thought-Knot Seer and 6 mana of which 4 are Ancient Tomb Mana and him at 1 with a 5/6 Tarmogoyf and a flipped Delver and an active Deathrite Shaman. This standoff takes an eternity until I can tap him out and attack without risking deatch to a Bolt. Time is up when we shuffle for game 3.

1-1-1 (5-2-1)

Round 4: Tobi / Lands

Game 1 T1 Chalice on 1 makes it so a lone Eldrazi Mimic deals about 12 damage as a 2/1 and is later accompanied by a trusty 2/2 Endless One all the while he has 4 Rishadan Ports and taps me out every turn, but has nothing.
G2 I have a Chalice again and play Mimic - Chalice - Thought-Knot - Thought-Knot - Thought-Knot drawing 2 Leylines. He has only a Maze and takes a lot of damage and then I can even cast Leyline after drawing Urborg.
2 games that are very uncharacteristic of the matchup.

2-0 (7-2-1)

I really like the Displacer - not only aginst Delver but also against any unfair creature deck (there were 2 SnT decks that I did not play against).

As a whole I like the maindeck but will maybe play around with the manabase and the 3 Oblivion Sowers were rather underwhelming and should maybe be 1 Endbringer and 2 Matter Reshapers.

benoasan
12-07-2016, 09:13 AM
(This is my first reply in this thread, I was previously a NicFit Eldrazi player; I have switched on Eldrazi in October. In addition, sorry for my spelling errors, English is not my native langage).

@Hofzge, why not play Caves of Koilos over plains?

Here is the Displacer build I am actually playing:

1 Caves of Koilos
2 Karakas
3 City of Traitors
3 Wasteland
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Cavern of Souls
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Eye of Ugin

2 Endbringer
3 Eldrazi Displacer
3 Matter Reshaper
4 Eldrazi Mimic
4 Endless One
4 Reality Smasher
4 Thought-Knot Seer

2 Umezawa's Jitte
4 Chalice of the Void

2 Dismember
2 Warping Wail

SB: 1 Faerie Macabre
SB: 2 Ratchet Bomb
SB: 1 Endbringer

I don't say that displacer build is better than colorless one (tournament results show that it is not). I choose W build just because I "like playing magic" and made some interaction which my opponent's cards. In addition, in my meta (S&T; Reanimator; D&T; Shardless; Bant; High tide; Enchanteress...), displacer/endbringer are amazing.

In my strange meta, I just have some problems with enchanteress... I am thinking about playing 2 Winter's orb SB. If someone have tips in this matchup, I would be grateful.

Noloam_
12-07-2016, 03:04 PM
Noloam, I saw you went 5-0 with two spin of ish. How have the been for you. Did they do as well as confusion in the ranks against the sneak and show decks? Have they been useful in other match ups?

i have not met omnitell yet. so its hard to tell. i bring in the spines in the mirror to be able to replace all the chalices. it should be slightly a worse card vs show and tell than spine

i am now no longer running eldrazi exclusively, im also Lands online XD. played it for the first time yesterday. i will see how it goes. im getting a bit bored with eldrazi. but i am saying that for a long time now

ESG
12-07-2016, 11:33 PM
In my strange meta, I just have some problems with enchanteress... I am thinking about playing 2 Winter's orb SB. If someone have tips in this matchup, I would be grateful.

As someone who plays both decks, I can say that the best card for the matchup is All Is Dust. Enchantress excels at erecting a pillow fort, but it lacks the ability to kill quickly, so if you have an All Is Dust, you will always be able to cast it. Play your creatures, cast All Is Dust on Turn 4, swing in with the team, the game is over.

benoasan
12-08-2016, 03:50 AM
As someone who plays both decks, I can say that the best card for the matchup is All Is Dust. Enchantress excels at erecting a pillow fort, but it lacks the ability to kill quickly, so if you have an All Is Dust, you will always be able to cast it. Play your creatures, cast All Is Dust on Turn 4, swing in with the team, the game is over.

Yes, I am agree with you. All is dust is the key card in this matchup if we can find it very fast! I also use 4 thorn to slow them and sometime I have a strange problem: I am not able to cast All is dust cause the ccm is increase by 1 or 2...
Anyway, I will try to pack a third AID.

Abantau
12-09-2016, 04:39 AM
Yes, I am agree with you. All is dust is the key card in this matchup if we can find it very fast! I also use 4 thorn to slow them and sometime I have a strange problem: I am not able to cast All is dust cause the ccm is increase by 1 or 2...
Anyway, I will try to pack a third AID.

Our enchantess player in our meta packs in gaddock teeg and karmic justice. I have the exact same SB with yours and 2 all is Dust is just the right number. Moreover, the 2 ratchet bombs are the lifesavers because i cant cast all is dust due to teeg cause I boarded out jitte and dismembers, so my only optipn is to draw ratchet bomb, luckily drew it the next turn, tick to 2 counters blow up teeg, cast thoughtlnot, exile karmic justice then on my next turn all is dust for boardwipe.

I'm on noloams 60 mb except -1 mishra, +1 karakas

ESG
12-09-2016, 05:52 PM
Our enchantess player in our meta packs in gaddock teeg and karmic justice. I have the exact same SB with yours and 2 all is Dust is just the right number. Moreover, the 2 ratchet bombs are the lifesavers because i cant cast all is dust due to teeg cause I boarded out jitte and dismembers, so my only optipn is to draw ratchet bomb, luckily drew it the next turn, tick to 2 counters blow up teeg, cast thoughtlnot, exile karmic justice then on my next turn all is dust for boardwipe.

Just so there's no confusion, Karmic Justice doesn't defend against All Is Dust (destroy vs. sacrifice). Ratchet Bomb is another solid card for the matchup. For the bigger builds playing Ulamog, Ulamog is usually almost as quick as All Is Dust and can be cast through a Gaddock Teeg.

Serapha
12-09-2016, 06:12 PM
Anyone winning on MTGO currently? I feel like the league's meta is very Eldrazi hostile.

potatodavid
12-12-2016, 11:11 AM
Anyone winning on MTGO currently? I feel like the league's meta is very Eldrazi hostile.

Legacy Rotates. We'll be old hat for a few months then it comes full circle again. That is the life of a legacy deck not named miracles.

hofzge
12-13-2016, 11:06 AM

I have the inmpression that some adaption may be needed now that Storm is nearly gone and decks like Elves are on the rise.

Eldrazi Displacer (and the Karakas you might play to play it) give you a good BR Reanimator matchup as well as a much better matchup vs. Lands (Displacer vs. Marit Lage) and vs. Show & Tell in return for a loss in explosivity (if you e.g. replace some Matter Reshapers with it)

Oblivion Sower gives you a better matchup against grindy decks and slightly better Lands matchup, while Endbringer gives you a better vs. Show & Tell, Lands and Elves.

But much more to the point: The leagues may vary wildly, but as long as Eldrazi has a solid Miracles matchup the deck should be viable to play in any larger tournament.

Here is the deck that I have played lately:
4x Ancient Tomb
4x Cavern of Souls
3x City of Traitors
4x Eldrazi Temple
4x Eye of Ugin
2x Karakas
2x Plains

1x Dismember
2x Warping Wail

4x Eldrazi Displacer
4x Eldrazi Mimic
4x Endless One
3x Oblivion Sower
4x Reality Smasher
4x Thought-Knot Seer

4x Chalice of the Void
3x Lotus Petal
2x Umezawa's Jitte

Sideboard
2x All Is Dust
2x Confusion in the Ranks
4x Leyline of the Void
2x Spatial Contortion
4x Thorn of Amethyst

About the Confusion in the Ranks: We specifically have some Omni/S&T players at our LGS and those could well be some removal spalls (Dismember), Orzhov Pontiffs or Disenchants.

Noloam_
12-14-2016, 05:20 AM
i have not played eldrazi for a few weeks. went 4-1 today. i still think the deck is ''ok'', not the best not the worst.

potatodavid
12-14-2016, 09:26 AM
i have not played eldrazi for a few weeks. went 4-1 today. i still think the deck is ''ok'', not the best not the worst.

I think the format is catching on. It'll rotate around for sure. I switched back to big red for a bit, get those free blood moon wins.

Noloam_
12-14-2016, 09:54 AM
I think the format is catching on. It'll rotate around for sure. I switched back to big red for a bit, get those free blood moon wins.

for sure. a lot of delver somehow.

i went 7-2 today overal. still have to finish my last round.

Traveler
12-14-2016, 11:19 PM

I 5-0'ed 3 days ago

Miracles 2-0
Enchantress 2-0
Mirror 2-0
Lands 2-1
D&T 2-1

And then got wrecked next league by two Aluren and a Shardless player, beating Angler Delver and Grixis Delver.

There's a ton of Aluren running around right now, which means lots of Baleful strix, its truly and awful matchup. Not to mention plenty of Elves players too...

I may play something else for a while until people calm down with their BUG decks packing Strix and DRS.

Noloam_
12-15-2016, 01:44 AM
I 5-0'ed 3 days ago

Miracles 2-0
Enchantress 2-0
Mirror 2-0
Lands 2-1
D&T 2-1

And then got wrecked next league by two Aluren and a Shardless player, beating Angler Delver and Grixis Delver.

There's a ton of Aluren running around right now, which means lots of Baleful strix, its truly and awful matchup. Not to mention plenty of Elves players too...

I may play something else for a while until people calm down with their BUG decks packing Strix and DRS.

true that. aluren is also beating me up a lot :(

Abantau
12-16-2016, 11:44 PM
true that. aluren is also beating me up a lot :(

I'm trying this MB +2 Endbringers +1 Eldrazi Dispalcer //// -2 Oblivion Sowers, -1 Endless One

SB:
1 Karakas
1 Pithing Needle
1 Warping Wail
2 All is dust
2 Spine of Ish Sah
4 Leyline of the Void
4 Thorn of Amethyst

SeveredAffect
12-18-2016, 08:33 AM
So, just wanna say thanks for the list. Been following this thread for a little while so It can help me understand some of the designs a little better. Went to a win a dual the other day with your guy's list but with one alteration and went 3 -1 -1 into the top 8. sadly knocked out in the first round of swiss but I still got a Plateau though which was cool. Went with Darkness's list but changed the Ulamog out for a Mockery of Nature. In testing I have never been able to cast Ulamog, always getting stuck on nine mana but Mockery is slightly cheaper and gives you an out to back to basics, moon, moat and ensnaring bridge. Also changes the Simian Spirit guides to Elvish spirit guides just in case I needed to Emerge it.

Rounds went
2 - 0 vs miracles
0 - 2 vs lands (despite having chalice on one, chalice on three and a turn zero leyline, he just had the dark depths combo in hand)
2 - 0 vs elves
2 - 0 vs Esper deathblade
0 -0 - 3 Intentional draw with a friend.
Then 0 - 2 vs Maverick in the top Eight

Darkness
12-18-2016, 09:03 PM
Sorry for temporary hiatus, I have been busy with other things, I will be prepping for Grand Prix Louisville in the next coming weeks and will be posting my 200 match results in a week or two and analysis of what I'm going to do going into the GP.

chaosjace
12-18-2016, 11:43 PM
Sorry for temporary hiatus, I have been busy with other things, I will be prepping for Grand Prix Louisville in the next coming weeks and will be posting my 200 match results in a week or two and analysis of what I'm going to do going into the GP.

I am looking forward to this.

ironclad8690
12-19-2016, 12:02 PM
The leagues have gotten so hostile. One 0-3 drop and one 2-3 today :/

Miracles (Entreat version): 0-2 (just had FOW everytime I tried to do something that mattered and had a Terminus on top every time he needed it).
Aluren: 1-2 (won g1, g2 and 3 just got alurened/raced with DRS)
Dredge: 1-2 (g3 he had double nature's claim for double leyline and then faithless looting LED flashback kills me a turn later basically).

This seemed like some pretty bad luck.

Other league went like this:

BUG Delver: 1-2
BUG Delver: 2-1
Storm: 1-2
4c Delver: 2-0
Food Chain: 0-2

I am now $24 poorer and can't play until I get paid again :(

ironclad8690
12-20-2016, 03:03 PM
So, I had an extra treasure chest that I had forgotten about. I sold that for queue tix (I'm a junkie I know), and I have since gone 2-0 twice, first against infect, then against sneak and show.

I have been keeping track of all of my matches in a spreadsheet, and so far I am 82-77 in games, and 35-31 in matches for a MW% of ~53.

I am doing the best vs Miracles, Shardless BUG (win 75% of the time), Grixis Delver, ANT (win 66% of the time) 4c Delver (TNN Snapcaster List), which I have only played 2 matches against but have yet to lose.

I am struggling the most with Aluren, BUG Delver, Food Chain, and Deathblade/Esperblade/Junkblade (all less than 40%)

An interesting thing about my data is that I have no problems with Shardless, but it's sister decks Food Chain, Aluren, and BUG Delver all cause me problems. Small sample size though, just thought I'd share :)

ironclad8690
12-22-2016, 06:23 PM
After playing a few more matches I have updated my sideboard (main is stock)

4 Leyline of the Void
4 Thorn of Amethyst
2 All is Dust
2 Ratchet Bomb
2 Pithing Needle
1 Karakas

Beat cloudpost and lost to turbo depths so far after the change. Anyone else having an experience to share?

RhoxWarMonk
12-22-2016, 07:11 PM
After playing a few more matches I have updated my sideboard (main is stock)

4 Leyline of the Void
4 Thorn of Amethyst
2 All is Dust
2 Ratchet Bomb
2 Pithing Needle
1 Karakas

Beat cloudpost and lost to turbo depths so far after the change. Anyone else having an experience to share?

My Sideboard is currently the following:

4 Leyline of the Void
4 Thorn of Amethyst
2 All is Dust

I feel this is really the core. I then play, to round it out.

3 Confusion of the Ranks
1 Endbringer

Nothing here I'd really change - the Endbringer slot has been tinkered with a bit over a while but there isn't anything else I really want here outside maybe adding a Pithing Needle.

Obviously I don't take any credit for it, it's noloam's build. :smile:

ironclad8690
12-24-2016, 03:01 AM
Played another league today:

Eldrazi: 0-2 (My build is pretty weak in the mirror, many dead cards)
BUG Delver: 0-2
Sneak and Show: 0-2
UR Delver: 2-0
Oops all Spells: 2-1

2nd league

Sneak and Show: 1-2

I don't understand how anyone beats bug delver ever with this deck. I think I am going to remove 2 pithing needles for 2 endbringers.

chark9999
12-26-2016, 09:12 AM
Played another league today:

Eldrazi: 0-2 (My build is pretty weak in the mirror, many dead cards)
BUG Delver: 0-2
Sneak and Show: 0-2
UR Delver: 2-0
Oops all Spells: 2-1

2nd league

Sneak and Show: 1-2

I don't understand how anyone beats bug delver ever with this deck. I think I am going to remove 2 pithing needles for 2 endbringers.

yeah it's very difficult to beat bug belver,and other bgx matchups are even worse,food chain is the most difficult among them,then shardless,then bug delver. They have a lot of threat against us,and don't afraid of our lock pieces cause of decay.

Qernavak
12-27-2016, 04:26 AM
I don't normally post, usually because I don't have anything useful to contribute. However, inspired by a previous poster, I went through 3 months of games to compile a list of match up results, for your guidance.

Results are saved on this spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/180zXCfQZwP27svHblhF5kS3YL1LYZZrm27oF3rMAJ5A/edit?usp=sharing

copy/paste the summary of results:

deck wins total win pct
rug delver 4 5 80%
deathblade 7 8 88%
grixis delver 4 9 44%
storm 8 11 73%
red painter 1 3 33%
4C Delver 4 5 80%
Lands 4 10 40%
miracles 14 21 67%
infect 2 3 67%
reanimator 9 15 60%
eldrazi 2 8 25%
UR delver 5 5 100%
UR pyromancer 0 1 0%
goblins 1 1 100%
shardless bug 7 10 70%
turbodrazi 0 1 0%
jund 0 1 0%
belcher 2 2 100%
omnitell 2 3 67%
dredge 3 5 60%
hexdepths 1 1 100%
oops all spells 1 1 100%
elves 4 7 57%
tezzerator 3 3 100%
mudpost 1 1 100%
nicfit 3 3 100%
bug delver 5 9 56%
4c lands 1 1 100%
death and taxes 2 6 33%
food chain 2 2 100%
esper blade 3 3 100%
burn 1 2 50%
faeries 0 1 0%
aluren 2 2 100%
merfolk 1 1 100%
enchantress 1 2 50%
grixis titi 1 1 100%
sneak and show 2 5 40%

win percent of the deck is 63% vs. the field, and I should clarify I'm a lousy player, so that reflects the deck more than my skills.

I hope this is of use to any of you!

Darkness
12-27-2016, 09:30 AM
Hello fellow colorless mages,
I am here to report in on my 200 match results, fitting as this is my 200th post on MtG The Source. I have gone back to NoLoam's original 75, I played about 40 matches with a Batterskull and Hangerback Walker, neither impressed me. Played around with the extra Oblivion Sower and Ulamog for the Miracles MU, never cast Ulamog. I am still not 100% satisfied on the Sideboard and am considering Noloam's Spine of Ish for the Show and Tell Decks, mirror and the Miracles match up but I need to test it more. Here is the list and some notable information from my testing.

Creatures (25)
4 Matter Reshaper
4 Endless One
4 Eldrazi Mimic
4 Reality Smasher
4 Thought-Knot Seer
3 Simian Spirit Guide
2 Oblivion Sower

Artifacts (6)
4 Chalice of the Void
2 Umezawa's Jitte

Spells (4)
2 Dismember
2 Warping Wail

Lands (25)
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Cavern of Souls
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Eye of Ugin
3 Mishra's Factory
3 Wasteland
2 City of Traitors

Sideboard (15)
4 Thorn of Amethyst
4 Leyline of the Void
2 All Is Dust
2 Ratchet Bomb
1 Endbringer
1 Karakas
1 Pithing Needle

Most Popular Decks and their results for those who won't look at the spreadsheet, link is in my signature.

Miracles: 21 Matches 76% Win
Delver (All variants): 20 Matches 55% Win
Shardless BUG: 14 Matches 65% Win
Reanimator (All variants): 14 Matches 86% Win
Stoneblade (All variants): 13 Matches 77% Win
Storm (All variants): 13 Matches 77% Win
Eldrazi (All variants): 11 Matches 55% Win
Lands: 10 Matches 50% Win
Death and Taxes: 8 Matches 50% Win
Elves: 7 Matches 71% Win

With the data I've collected, I feel confident against the field based on my results. The deck's biggest weakness is mana disruption, fast combo, Tarmogoyf and bad decision making:tongue:. If anyone has suggestions for the sideboard I would love to hear in a private message. I am extremely happy with the Main Deck.

Also, wanted to thank Noloam for all the hard work he put into the deck and this thread. He has given me the proper foundation to understand how to succeed with this new archetype in the diverse wonderland we call Legacy

fireiced
12-28-2016, 02:25 AM
If anyone has suggestions for the sideboard I would love to hear in a private message. I am extremely happy with the Main Deck.

Have casted Ulamog a few times vs Miracles and he has been great. The only complain about Newlamog is that a countered one stays in the GY instead of being reshuffled :cool:

I tweaked my MD to use ESG instead of SSG. Mostly to accommodate the 1 off World Breaker in the side, which has gotten numerous annoyances like Blood Moon, Humility, Ensnaring Bridge & even Baleful Strix off the table. 4 Caverns & 3 ESG for 7 sources of G felt reliable enough.

As for the Storm matchup I am at about 60%. Losses are mostly due to die rolls and getting a beating from a lot of goblins.

Darkness
12-28-2016, 07:48 AM
I tweaked my MD to use ESG instead of SSG. Mostly to accommodate the 1 off World Breaker in the side, which has gotten numerous annoyances like Blood Moon, Humility, Ensnaring Bridge & even Baleful Strix off the table. 4 Caverns & 3 ESG for 7 sources of G felt reliable enough.

You keep in ESG in the miracles MU? In Noloam and my Sb guide you take them out as you want a high density of threats. ESG&SSG gives you fewer threats. I guess the argument of blowing out Miracles with one of their Bomb cards against us works, but what if they have two :tongue:!