PDA

View Full Version : New TMD

merfolkotpt
03-24-2016, 09:12 AM
Hey Guys,

I don't know to whom this is relevant, but there is definitely some cross-over and I thought I would put it out there. Recently, Andy "Brassman" Probasco bought themanadrain from StarCityGames and has made some huge updates to make the forum more modern and usable. If anyone here has been a vintage player in the past, or wants to learn about the format, it is a great time to start making that community great. Remember we are both eternal formats, and heck, some of our best players play both formats, so stop by and check it out, leave some feedback if you want, and hopefully feel welcome.

kingsey
03-24-2016, 09:53 AM
This is fantastic news. The forum is a wealth of knowledge but the website was left behind in the late 1990s.

If your interested in vintage at all, do yourself a favor and check it out

GreatWhale
03-24-2016, 12:27 PM
Hey Guys,

I don't know to whom this is relevant, but there is definitely some cross-over and I thought I would put it out there. Recently, Andy "Brassman" Probasco bought themanadrain from StarCityGames and has made some huge updates to make the forum more modern and usable. If anyone here has been a vintage player in the past, or wants to learn about the format, it is a great time to start making that community great. Remember we are both eternal formats, and heck, some of our best players play both formats, so stop by and check it out, leave some feedback if you want, and hopefully feel welcome.

Star City owned themanadrain? that's crazy those guys have their hands in everything...

"make the forum more modern" - boooo hiss modern

supremePINEAPPLE
03-24-2016, 01:42 PM
http://www.themanadrain.com/

Here is the link for anyone who isn't familiar with the site. I'm hoping the new version is a bit less insular than the previous incarnation.

As on online-only pleb I'm hoping the online metagame shifts up a bit personally, vintage seems to be a lot worse when card availability isn't a concern and I get jealous when looking at paper vintage results.

Dice_Box
03-24-2016, 01:55 PM
I love paper Vintage, I am often the only Shops player at an event locally. Also it is great to see the updated site, but you will have to create a new account it seems. I can not log in with my old one.

H
03-24-2016, 03:23 PM
I love paper Vintage, I am often the only Shops player at an event locally. Also it is great to see the updated site, but you will have to create a new account it seems. I can not log in with my old one.

Correct, the old accounts are not linked to the new site.

Dice_Box
03-24-2016, 04:58 PM
Looks like the update lets Duck have his account back. Score.

LinkXwing
04-07-2016, 03:18 PM
This is fantastic news. The forum is a wealth of knowledge but the website was left behind in the late 1990s.

If your interested in vintage at all, do yourself a favor and check it out

Though I haven't been active on it or here in a while, I always <3'd TMD and TheSource. This very site started a very long time ago as a spin-off of TMD. These sites were always the best wealth of information on their respective formats and will always hold a great place in my heart. I hope both of these places live on continuously in more than just nostalgia. I won my first piece of power long ago with a U/r Vintage Landstill build from information on TMD. (Active Nev's Disk + Chain of Vapor completely wrecked shops that day.)

@Brassman: Is there anyway to reinstate the classic blue shell of the forum rather than the pasty-white? It looks unprofessional in what I assume is the default forum color.