PDA

View Full Version : Kadilak's Dual Land Draft 4/8/06

Pages : [1] 2

Kadishack
02-25-2006, 10:02 PM
This is the sequel to Bob's Dual Land Draft!!!!

Where: Syracuse, NY
How You Play The Game(formerely Altered States)
The directions are on the site, http://www.alteredsts.com/ , they are NOT MOVING!!! So the event will be held where it is now!!!
Date: Saturday, April 8th, 2006.

Time: Doors open at 10 am and the tournament will start at 11:00 sharp.

Entree Fee: $20

This event will be Sanctioned, so bring your DCI number.

Prizes: A full set of Dual Lands to be drafted by the top 8. I will be posting more prizes according to attendence. And there will be a raffle for many kick ass prizes. THE DUAL LANDS ARE GURANTEED!!!!!and will be ON HAND!!!!

Selections:
4x Underground Sea(1 signed 1 fwb)
4x Tundra (4 fwb)
4x Tropical Island
4x Volcanic Island
4x Taiga
4x Bayou
4x Savannah(2 fwb)
4x Plateau
4x Scrubland
4x Badlands

Door Prizes:
1 The Tabernacle at Pedrell Vale

Goblins:
4 Goblin Warchief
4 Goblin Piledriver
3 Goblin Ringleader
4 Goblin Matron
4 gempalm Incinerator
2 Goblin Sharpshooter
2 Seige Gang Commander
1 Kiki-Jiki Mirror Breaker
4 Myr Token(Metal Gear Solid altered by Rich Bourque)

Cookies:
1 Dozen Peanut Butter cookies

Head Judge: Rich Bourque Level 2.

24K event, REL 3

Format: Legacy

Deck Registration Required!!!!

I will edit this with more updates on raffle prizes and other prizes!!!

Hope to see everyone in April!!!

Brushwagg
02-25-2006, 10:18 PM
OH YA!!!! I hope you get a good turn out for this. I'm planning on coming and DRAFTING FOR SOME DUALS!

bigbear102
02-25-2006, 10:35 PM
I'll probly be there for this, considering it's for duals.

Braves54321
02-26-2006, 09:11 AM
Me, JP, and others we can drag will prolly be coming out for this....with little testing and a hangover.

Peter_Rotten
02-26-2006, 10:19 AM
Probably more hangover than testing... :(

I wonder if JimP wants in.

Watcher487
02-26-2006, 10:50 AM
Wait, wait, wait.... you guys are actually going to a tournament?
(checks pulse)(pinches self)(double takes)

Wow I should pull out the chart on this one.

20 to 1 weather
10 to 1 All 3 of them show
5 to 1 WOW excuse (use your mind on this one)
5 to 1 Norm complains about me doing this and decides not to show
2 to 1 Matt complains about me doing this and decides not to show

Anyone interested in taking odds?

TeenieBopper
02-26-2006, 12:17 PM
Looks like I'm going to have an extra set of Sea's come April. Anyone interested in buying them? I'll throw in a playset of Plateau's for $30, too.

Canook
02-26-2006, 02:43 PM
I'll most defenatly show up for this, I'm fairly sure most of the people here are going up as well. And to everyone in NoVA, if Calosso asks for a ride up, "The car is full."

troopatroop
02-26-2006, 04:13 PM
I call a seat in the van if it's going!! One last trip with the albany crew. : (

scrumdogg
02-26-2006, 05:15 PM
Sounds awesome & I know both Kadilak & Eli will do an amazing job. If only I did not have to work (not on the job long enough to have built up time off). I will have some by the Pre-Release, but can't do both (and I know I get rewarded at the Pre-Re) http://mtgthesource.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif
Cool

Lego
02-26-2006, 05:36 PM
I'll go if anyone wants to give me a ride. But people don't like me, so I probably won't be there. Oh well.

clavio
02-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Yeah, I would like a ride too. Id really like to go to this

Sims
02-27-2006, 12:13 AM
April 8th is far enough ahead to request time off.... 20 bucks isn't hard to come by.... I probably could find cards.... eh, wtf, I'll drop the time off request when I go into work Weds, and I'll drive.

So, depending on if someone going with me knows how to get there, I can probably give some of the Albany/B Spa crew a lift. Maybe I'll drag Xenoq's ass.

Nightmare
02-27-2006, 08:26 AM
Does this mean I have to give you back the duals I borrowed Kadilak? I'll be there.

calosso
02-27-2006, 12:41 PM
I need a set of trops since I got mine stolen.

Jander78
02-27-2006, 06:21 PM
April 8th is far enough ahead to request time off.... 20 bucks isn't hard to come by.... I probably could find cards.... eh, wtf, I'll drop the time off request when I go into work Weds, and I'll drive.

So, depending on if someone going with me knows how to get there, I can probably give some of the Albany/B Spa crew a lift. Maybe I'll drag Xenoq's ass.
I call bullshit......

Peter_Rotten
02-27-2006, 06:47 PM
I call bullshit......
You beat me to it. I'll be amazed, but happy, if it happens.

Sims
02-27-2006, 08:08 PM
I already put in the time off request, awaiting approval.

Next problem: Figuring out a deck and finding the cards.

Edit: And got that weekend cleared by the girlfriend, so there will be no interference from her.

Jim
02-27-2006, 08:34 PM
I like duals lands; they're pretty.
I'll be showing up if i can swing the gas money, which is likely, (go workstudy $$$) and i'll be at the tail end of a big research, well i will be at the tail end if i get started on it. Either way, i'll be in need of a break, and playing cards works.
i'll probably figure out something ungood to play.
- Jim

Lego
02-27-2006, 11:28 PM
I don't know what the time frame for this event is, but if someone gives me a ride (from Albany) I can offer a place to stay in the 'Cuse, if staying overnight is a requirement.

Di
02-28-2006, 01:45 AM
I will be attending for sure. Bout' fucking time too.

Edited to conceal my retardation.

Nightmare
02-28-2006, 08:38 AM
I will be attending for sure. Bought fucking time too.
You bought time? How does that work? Can you rent time? Is it really fucking time, as in you paid a whore in advance?

MathMan
02-28-2006, 11:29 AM
I wonder if JimP wants in.

Yep, he does.

Peter_Rotten
02-28-2006, 03:05 PM
Yep, he does.
Well that makes...

Me.
JimP.
JP
Norm
troopatroop

Have room for one more non-annoying, non-smelly Albany player.

clavio
02-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Well that makes...

Me.
JimP.
JP
Norm
troopatroop

Im fairly non-annoying and non-smelly

Raider Bob
02-28-2006, 05:20 PM
Well that makes...

Me.
JimP.
JP
Norm
troopatroop

Adding a sixth Annoying Smelly Albany player to the van will be just too much for Peter aparently.

Lego
03-01-2006, 12:41 AM
Anyone taking another van?

Afro
03-01-2006, 02:29 AM
Well that makes...

Me.
JimP.
JP
Norm
troopatroop

1 word...KEENEY!!!!

Any plans the night before? The wife and kiddies randomly going away Matt? If not you guys are more than welcome to come down here and get blasted before we go. Either or.

Nightmare
03-01-2006, 08:52 AM
I'm pre-emptively inviting everyone who's of-age out to downtown Syracuse on Saturday night after this. You don't need to drive home, you can sleep on FakeSpam and GarvMan's floor.

keeney
03-01-2006, 09:50 AM
if you do not have a sixth person going in the van yes i would like to go

Canook
03-01-2006, 02:27 PM
So what are the accomodations for the people from NoVA? Someone's place or Hotel, etc. It's another concern we got down here.

Peter_Rotten
03-01-2006, 03:03 PM
Well that makes...

Me.
JimP.
JP
Norm
troopatroop
KEENEY! ROAR!

The van = full. The day is reserved. The duals shall be ours! Troopa is sitting on Keeney's lap!

calosso
03-01-2006, 03:06 PM
So what are the accomodations for the people from NoVA? Someone's place or Hotel, etc. It's another concern we got down here.

The NoVa players normally stay in a cabin provided by Garv.

Nightmare
03-01-2006, 03:27 PM
From what little that I know Alix Hatfield(Ob_freely) get to use garv's extra house or room for us to stay in.
Yo, you don't get to stay anywhere until you learn to speak English.

Kadishack
03-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Team Scrabs usually stays at my house.

This tourney looks like it is gonna be one of the best!!!

calosso
03-01-2006, 06:02 PM
Team Scrabs usually stays at my house.

This tourney looks like it is gonna be one of the best!!!

Team Scrabs no longer exists. BoTs, Russel and Matt Carl do not play magic anymore.

Kadishack
03-01-2006, 07:01 PM
well...I have room at my house if needed.

calosso
03-01-2006, 07:59 PM
I know a couple of people who like Super Smash Bros. Melee. Maybe we should have a side event.

Afro
03-02-2006, 02:39 AM
I know a couple of people who like Super Smash Bros. Melee. Maybe we should have a side event.

Agreed want to see Nick C get 0wned when he talks a lot of shit about this game?

Matt what about Fuzzy Navel flavored Beer?

Peter_Rotten
03-02-2006, 09:40 AM
Matt what about Fuzzy Navel flavored Beer?

No thanks. How about I just pwnall in Street Fighter instead?

TeenieBopper
03-02-2006, 10:20 AM
I should have room at my house for 4-5 people. Tell me all who's coming, that way I can select which people are going to be cool enough to sleep at my house. It's a privilege, you know, cause I have heat.

on1y0ne
03-02-2006, 12:00 PM
I have room, as well. I hope no one minds the cat, though. I have a big comfy couch, a love seat, a chair and ottoman, lots of floor space. Let me know.

-Rich

AnwarA101
03-02-2006, 12:55 PM
No thanks. How about I just pwnall in Street Fighter instead?

I believe that I got the same offer from you last year, but someone failed to deliver on this promise!

Peter_Rotten
03-02-2006, 01:22 PM
Can't play SFII if nobody sets it up! Build it and they will come (and whup your arse, too!)

AnwarA101
03-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Can't play SFII if nobody sets it up! Build it and they will come (and whup your arse, too!)

I think the ball is in your court. You guys live right in the neighborhood - you should build it and they will come!!!

Canook
03-02-2006, 02:34 PM
I should have room at my house for 4-5 people. Tell me all who's coming, that way I can select which people are going to be cool enough to sleep at my house. It's a privilege, you know, cause I have heat.
Yo, is it straight if I'm one of the 4-5?

Bryant Cook
03-02-2006, 02:49 PM
Yo, is it straight if I'm one of the 4-5?
Isn't it kind of hard for you to be straight? Anywho why is Tenniebopper talkin' shit? He's scrubbed out of the last 4 semi-major tournements he's been in, what makes you think you won't scrub out again? Alright, so who's buying the duals I win?

Canook
03-02-2006, 02:52 PM
HAHAHAHA, That was clever, really, how you used modern slang into something that would insult me. No really, where do you get your stuff from? HAHAHA, man, just keep it coming, I'm never going to get tired of hearing the same retarded insults over and over.... douche bag.

Nightmare
03-02-2006, 03:21 PM
Meh, cut the kid some slack, it's his birfday. He can get into R-rated movies now, if we let him go with us. Or if any girls ever let him take them.

Bryant Cook
03-02-2006, 03:46 PM
HAHAHAHA, That was clever, really, how you used modern slang into something that would insult me. No really, where do you get your stuff from? HAHAHA, man, just keep it coming, I'm never going to get tired of hearing the same retarded insults over and over.... douche bag.
Hypocrite.

Meh, cut the kid some slack, it's his birfday. He can get into R-rated movies now, if we let him go with us. Or if any girls ever let him take them
Ok, that was not cool. It's not my fault the bitch blew me off 2 weeks in a row, anyways who the fuck wants to waste money on curious george?

Nightmare
03-02-2006, 04:08 PM
Ok, that was not cool. It's not my fault the bitch blew me off 2 weeks in a row, anyways who the fuck wants to waste money on curious george?See, that's funny, 'cause I didn't even know about that. Oh man, LOmuthafuckinL

calosso
03-02-2006, 05:33 PM
See, that's funny, 'cause I didn't even know about that. Oh man, LOmuthafuckinL

Don't make fun of him because he is socially inept.

Watcher487
03-02-2006, 05:46 PM

You know something, I have both the SNES and SFII. Kaddy anyway to set this up with Altered so we can have a tourney for all of the people that are going to scrub out?

Now just in case I also have Street Fighter 2 Collection for the PS2 as well. (It's really not as good as the classic but it gives you the ability to play as all of the characters.)

Bryant Cook
03-02-2006, 05:52 PM
I don't want to hear anything from the guy who's never touch a girl before.

EDIT: Not to mention, I doubt you've ever had a date since ya know, you can't even speak english correctly.

Vacon
03-02-2006, 08:45 PM
That's whatmakes me cooler than calosso, my ability to use English, and almost, not quite, but almost get poonany o.O

I would definatly go to this if I had money, a good deck, and a ride. Sadly I have none of those. I also like keeping my identity secret from the Syracuse players as they are not quite far enough away from my home for my safety to be gauranteed. So all of you have fun.

Bryant Cook
03-02-2006, 09:10 PM
That's whatmakes me cooler than calosso, my ability to use English, and almost, not quite, but almost get poonany o.O

I would definatly go to this if I had money, a good deck, and a ride. Sadly I have none of those. I also like keeping my identity secret from the Syracuse players as they are not quite far enough away from my home for my safety to be gauranteed. So all of you have fun.
Way to ruin it, seriously. We almost wanted to meet you more than Lego Army Man.

Sims
03-02-2006, 09:19 PM
Way to ruin it, seriously. We almost wanted to meet you more than Lego Army Man.

Now I might have to bring him... If I can tolerate him in the car for a few hours... Wait, no, Xenoq might kill him.

Watcher487
03-02-2006, 09:29 PM
Now I might have to bring him... If I can tolerate him in the car for a few hours... Wait, no, Xenoq might kill him.
Well Sims, how big is your car's trunk? I have some ratchet-ties, some old gym socks and LegoManArmy's address. Considering some people I know along the way we could always take care of them...

TeenieBopper
03-02-2006, 10:46 PM
Isn't it kind of hard for you to be straight? Anywho why is Tenniebopper talkin' shit? He's scrubbed out of the last 4 semi-major tournements he's been in, what makes you think you won't scrub out again? Alright, so who's buying the duals I win?

Right, so the Top 8 in rochester and the GPT win don't count, do they?

PS- You have no right to talk, because I have never a)burned myself to death off my own high tide, and b) scooped to my own Tendrils of Agony.

You used a spell checker for that, didn't yoU?

Obfuscate Freely
03-02-2006, 11:57 PM
I'll take care of SFII. I'll bring the old Genesis and everything (the 6-button Genesis controllers are so much better than SNES controllers).

If someone can scrounge up a TV, we'll be set. I have cords for both coaxial and composite A/V inputs.

Mad Zur
03-03-2006, 12:57 AM
If I remember correctly, p_r refused anything other than SNES last time, as well as "Cammy or Dee Jay bull".

TeenieBopper
03-03-2006, 01:08 AM
If I remember correctly, p_r refused anything other than SNES last time, as well as "Cammy or Dee Jay bull".

sounds like backpeddling to me.

Bryant Cook
03-03-2006, 06:19 AM
Right, so the Top 8 in rochester and the GPT win don't count, do they?

PS- You have no right to talk, because I have never a)burned myself to death off my own high tide, and b) scooped to my own Tendrils of Agony.

You used a spell checker for that, didn't yoU?
First off the rochester GPT was like 8 semi-major tournements ago, not to mention that was not my high tide. The shady bastard hid the high tide and I hard casted force and died. Ok, I have to take blame for tendrils..... Fucking mindslaver and me ripping will the turn he slavered me.

Peter_Rotten
03-03-2006, 10:30 AM
sounds like backpeddling to me.

Bah, my pwning skills fall into very specific areas.

1. SFII - all versions until the inclusion of Cammy, Deejay, T-Hawk?, and the Bruce Lee imitation. Yes, I'll whup you with Balrog.
2. either SNES or arcade. Need 6 buttons.
3. Kadilack's tourney.
4. Teeniebopper's mom.

Nightmare
03-03-2006, 10:53 AM

1. SFII - all versions until the inclusion of Cammy, Deejay, T-Hawk?, and the Bruce Lee imitation. Yes, I'll whup you with Balrog.
3. Kadilack's tourney.
4. Teeniebopper's mom.There had better be a:
5. Going out after the tournament with Mr. Nightmare, FakeSpam, Garvman, TeenieBopper, On1yone, and any other adults, and making fun of TeenieBopper because he refuses to drink beer. After many many drinks and drunken phone calls to both your wife and Diablos, there had also better be a:
6. Eating the savage tech that is the Nick's Tomato Pie Buffalo Chicken Pizza.

Seriously. Everyone is going out after this. I mean it. No excuses (barring "I'm not old enough").

Lego
03-03-2006, 11:19 AM

That's just because you know I'll feel obligated to scrub out.

Was this in response to me, or Vacon? I'm not sure why Xenoq would want to kill me...

Well Sims, how big is your car's trunk? I have some ratchet-ties, some old gym socks and LegoManArmy's address. Considering some people I know along the way we could always take care of them...

I'm not sure whether to feel honored or go throw up now. I'd still like a ride, but if you're going to do the trunk thing, I'd prefer to forgo the socks and bring a flesh light so I can get some quality wanking in.

edited for truth
- PR

Sims
03-03-2006, 04:36 PM
Note I meant dragging Vacon, but I think if I Dev would kill him.

I'm not sure who all I'm bringing with me; Shane is all up on wanting to go, Dev I have a reserevd spot for, that leaves 1-2 (the SUV ain't hugeeeeeah as the minivan of doom) spots open. So I dunno what's goin' down.

Nightmare
03-03-2006, 04:47 PM
I'd still like a ride, but if you're going to do the trunk thing, I'd prefer to forgo the socks and bring a flesh light so I can get some quality wanking in.

edited for truth
- PR
haHA!!! Quoted for hilarity!

Obfuscate Freely
03-03-2006, 06:29 PM

Are you serious? Super SFII is better than the older versions because it has variable speed. I mean, we can set it to run at snail's pace anyway, if you need us to, but speeding it up a little makes it play more like the arcade game. The actual gameplay is exactly the same, though; I'm not talking about SF Alpha 3 or any of that shit. It's still SFII.

And... the 4 "New Challengers" are nothing to be afraid of. Not that we* won't beat you with them, it's just that we'll* beat you harder with the better characters.

http://www.axess.com/twilight/console/detail/genesisb.jpg
Shoulder buttons are fucking lame. Sega FTW.

* This actually just means Anwar.

AnwarA101
03-03-2006, 06:45 PM
I believe that Brian (Ewokslayer) brought his SNES and SFII last year, but there was no TV and apparently Bob said that Altered States didn't allow it to be played. I'm not sure if Kadilak can pull it off, but it would nice to put PR in his place. Is he complaining about the new characters again? What a suprise!

Peter_Rotten
03-03-2006, 06:50 PM
Are you serious? Super SFII is better than the older versions because it has variable speed. I mean, we can set it to run at snail's pace anyway, if you need us to, but speeding it up a little makes it play more like the arcade game. The actual gameplay is exactly the same, though;
Um, we're agreeing here. Hence the "all versions until the inclusion of Cammy..."

Sega controller looks playable, but I can easily pwnall* with shoulder buttons. You'll be crying like a little girl looking for her daddy.

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/thumbnail/980908207-00.jpg

*all being pwned includes Anwar.

Bane of the Living
03-03-2006, 06:52 PM
I might be able to scrounge worcstor mass up for the tourny. Probably not scrummdog though.

Sims
03-03-2006, 07:44 PM
I think we're missing the biggest problem here though:

I still need a deck to play. Norm! JP! BUILD ME SOMETHING!

Kadishack
03-03-2006, 11:23 PM
I believe that Brian (Ewokslayer) brought his SNES and SFII last year, but there was no TV and apparently Bob said that Altered States didn't allow it to be played. I'm not sure if Kadilak can pull it off, but it would nice to put PR in his place. Is he complaining about the new characters again? What a suprise!

I'll talk to Nate tomorrow about this. I could bring in my tv if need be. Hopefully he will let this happen. Btw a TABERNACLE is a RAFFLE prize!!!

Getsickanddie
03-04-2006, 12:00 AM
First off the rochester GPT was like 8 semi-major tournements ago, not to mention that was not my high tide. The shady bastard hid the high tide and I hard casted force and died. Ok, I have to take blame for tendrils..... Fucking mindslaver and me ripping will the turn he slavered me.

If by shady you mean dirrty anounced the spell, looked at you, then put it into the graveyard....Then yes, that was shady.

Lego
03-04-2006, 02:14 AM
I think we're missing the biggest problem here though:

I still need a deck to play. Norm! JP! BUILD ME SOMETHING!

I'll build you something, what do you want? I'm still not sure what I'm taking yet, but we can easily figure something out (12 Forces makes it a little easier)

troopatroop
03-04-2006, 09:53 AM
Yeah, I'm going and I need a deck too. Norm? Matt? Jay? got anything good?

EDIT: Lego Army Man, do you think you could let me borrow Goblins?

Fatface
03-04-2006, 10:51 PM
I'm coming to this, and I'm kicking all sorts of ass

-xenoq

Lego
03-05-2006, 05:05 AM
Someone can borrow Goblins, I'm not gonna play it. Just give me a decklist, and I'll put it together and bring it. Maybe I'll stop going to class and playtest Solidarity 24 hours a day straight until the tournament, cram some sleeping in just before I leave, and then 0-5 drop.

Someone else can borrow Angel Stompy, and someone can borrow Aluren... hmm, trying to think about dual counts and stuff. Yeah, someone else can borrow Burning Regrowth Mono-Black ;) Unless someone wants to borrow Pox. And someone can borrow UGw Threshold (sans Meddling Mage) if you find two more fetches (and maybe a single Force, I'd have to go check.) I think that's all I can make all at the same time.

Vacon
03-05-2006, 10:33 AM
Note I meant dragging Vacon, but I think if I Dev would kill him.

Your such a generous man Sims, but even if you did intend to bring me I doubt my mom would let me drive to Syracuse with a car load of 20 something year old Ballston Spa kids she's never met. :(

Sims
03-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Psh, I'm not 20-something. I'm 19.

Raider Bob
03-05-2006, 07:08 PM
The SNES thing wasn't allowed last year, but maybe they will allow it this year after the Star city games power Nine pulled out they said we could have a Snes tourny. On another note looks like I will show up for this tournament, tho I haven't played a Legacy tourny in about 7 months I will probably get owned and not make top 8 Like I did last year....

12 hour trip to play in a tournament....(Priceless)

AnwarA101
03-05-2006, 07:19 PM
The SNES thing wasn't allowed last year, but maybe they will allow it this year after the Star city games power Nine pulled out they said we could have a Snes tourny. On another note looks like I will show up for this tournament, tho I haven't played a Legacy tourny in about 7 months I will probably get owned and not make top 8 Like I did last year....

12 hour trip to play in a tournament....(Priceless)

So how likely is it that SF2 will happen? What was the reasoning behind not allowing it last year? Did they just not want outside equipment in the store?

Bryant Cook
03-05-2006, 07:44 PM
So how likely is it that SF2 will happen? What was the reasoning behind not allowing it last year? Did they just not want outside equipment in the store?
Nate's excuse was the store wasn't making money off of it.

Di
03-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Someone set up some SSBM and I'll whoop all ya'll asses.

And maybe I might do well in Magic too. Maybe not.

Peter_Rotten
03-05-2006, 10:35 PM
Someone set up some DDR and I'll whoop all ya'll asses.

Quoted for Truthiness.

troopatroop
03-06-2006, 08:56 AM
We could finally have that DDR showdown Diablos. 4 years later.

Fear it.

Braves54321
03-06-2006, 11:15 AM
We could finally have that DDR showdown Diablos. 4 years later.

Fear it.

We should go to the huge friggin mall in Cuse after the tourny...the arcade there has to have DDR.

herbig
03-06-2006, 11:37 AM
I don't know what I'm gonna do with all those duel lands but I guess I could try something other than Solidarity after this tournament.

Nightmare
03-06-2006, 11:49 AM
I don't know what I'm gonna do with all those duel lands but I guess I could try something other than Solidarity after this tournament.Since (At Best) you'll be winning a set of Badlands, good luck with Goblin Bidding.

troopatroop
03-06-2006, 12:09 PM
...or Darth Maul.

calosso
03-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Someone set up some SSBM and I'll whoop all ya'll asses.

And maybe I might do well in Magic too. Maybe not.

I can bring a television if you bring the gamecube.

AnwarA101
03-06-2006, 02:30 PM
I can bring a television if you bring the gamecube.

I don't think the issue is bringing a TV, but rather will the store allow you to use the TV inside their store. Do we have an update on this?

Afro
03-07-2006, 05:42 AM
We should go to the huge friggin mall in Cuse after the tourny...the arcade there has to have DDR.

No go..Mall is 18+ after 4pm. Nick C = 0wned!

pater
03-07-2006, 09:13 AM
No go..Mall is 18+ after 4pm. Nick C = 0wned!
Whatever, count me in for a DDR tourney. Seriously, I'll be game for it.

I officially suck at SF, but I'll play just about anything to turn attention away from my lame MtG skillz.

troopatroop
03-07-2006, 12:08 PM
I have dance pads that we could use. They're pretty durable, but big, and I don't want to carry them around or even bring them if we can't play. We'd need a TV, PS2, and a game... all of which I don't have.

pater
03-07-2006, 01:48 PM
I have dance pads that we could use. They're pretty durable, but big, and I don't want to carry them around or even bring them if we can't play. We'd need a TV, PS2, and a game... all of which I don't have.
I've got one of those big, foam pads in my basement I guess I could bring. It's compatible with Xbox or PS2 but like Troop, I lack the console and game, and if a TV is there then there's one problem solved.

Although playing it at the mall would be the simplest method.

Dear God, I can't believe we're actually talking about this seriously.

Peter_Rotten
03-07-2006, 03:24 PM
Dear God, I can't believe we're actually talking about this seriously.

Ditto. Enough of that crap.

Obfuscate Freely
03-07-2006, 06:22 PM
Are we all going to be fighting over the TV(s) now? I, for one, am not interested at all in playing shitty games like Smash Bro. or DDR. SF2 FTW.

Also, Mr. Rotten, you might be pleased to know I have recently managed to combine $1.89 and our friend the Intarweb to procure a copy of this:
http://www.videogameconnections.com/Merchant2/pictures/full/gen/lcsggen.jpghttp://image.lik-sang.com/images/170/genesis_sf2ce.jpg

NO Cammy, NO Dee Jay, NO T.Hawk, and NO Fei Long (Bruce Lee wannabe), but you can still play the boss characters. So, you can be lame if you want.

However, assuming this ends up happening, I think you owe it to everyone to get pwned by Cammy at least once. As if that's possible.

SpatulaOfTheAges
03-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Cammy is fucking hawt.

Peter_Rotten
03-07-2006, 06:34 PM
Stupid Sega. Couldn't you fetch up the SNES versions? They are clearly superior in every way imaginable.

AnwarA101
03-07-2006, 07:47 PM
Stupid Sega. Couldn't you fetch up the SNES versions? They are clearly superior in every way imaginable.

I don't think I ever heard a teacher complain this much.

calosso
03-07-2006, 08:21 PM
I, for one, am not interested at all in playing shitty games like Smash Bro

I will cut your pennis off and set it on fire.

@SpatofAges

QFT

@AnwarA101

I have heard my teachers complain alot mostly at me though for sleeping in class.

Canook
03-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Yo, I've got a Super Famicom with SF2 Turbo in Japanese. It's the exact same thing as the American model, and it's in perfect running condition. It's just like it was new.

Watcher487
03-07-2006, 09:23 PM
You know something, I have both the SNES and SFII. Kaddy anyway to set this up with Altered so we can have a tourney for all of the people that are going to scrub out?

Now just in case I also have Street Fighter 2 Collection for the PS2 as well. (It's really not as good as the classic but it gives you the ability to play as all of the characters.)

I HAVE THE DAMN SNES VERSION. Anyway if and only if someone was retarded enough to even think about bringing Smash Brothers, I would probably just beat the living crap out of you with 'Mr. Game & Watch'.

on1y0ne
03-07-2006, 09:36 PM
Well, if someone is bringing a SNES, and we have a TV and all that jazz, then we need to be playing some freakin' Mario Kart, damn it!

I mean, don't get me wrong, Chun-Li is my bitch when it comes to SF2, but Kart is where it's at.

Or you could bust out Killer Instinct. It has been a while since I have heard the scream "Uuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllllllllltttttttttttttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaa CCCCCCCCCooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmbbbbbbbbbbbboooooooooooo!!"
as I bust out a 24 hit special with Orchid, again, my bitch.

Raider Bob
03-07-2006, 10:37 PM
Doesn't Balrog have that super cheesey throw in that version that is all but unblockable? I seem to think that is why PR wants to play that perticular version of SF.

Lego
03-08-2006, 10:14 PM
So I've got a bunch of games I could bring, but, uh, I still don't have a ride. Anybody?

Getsickanddie
03-09-2006, 01:26 AM
So I've got a bunch of games I could bring, but, uh, I still don't have a ride. Anybody?

Don't be a pussy, just hitchhike like a real man.

Lego
03-09-2006, 02:02 PM
Don't be a pussy, just hitchhike like a real man.

Can't do that, PR's got dibs on my anal virginity.

Raider Bob
03-14-2006, 06:38 PM
So Any update on additional possibilities for Prizes? 4 Foil Pithing Needles would be hot.....:)

Ebinsugewa
03-14-2006, 08:52 PM
I have SNES, MK, SFII, and actually, an Xbox with DDR Ultramix and a dance pad. So if the carload from Woosta comes through for me, I can hook pretty much everyone up. What are the sleeping arrangements in the area, just so we know?

AnwarA101
03-20-2006, 01:59 PM
Do we have any update on the SF2? I know that several people have the video game system (ObFreely and others) but do we actually have permission to have the TV set on in the store? Is someone specifically bringing a TV?

Kadishack
03-20-2006, 03:18 PM
I need to ask nate the next time I go to altered. I will let you know ASAP!

calosso
03-20-2006, 06:55 PM
Do we have any update on the SF2? I know that several people have the video game system (ObFreely and others) but do we actually have permission to have the TV set on in the store? Is someone specifically bringing a TV?

I have an extra television in my house Anwar.

TeenieBopper
03-22-2006, 02:03 PM
Okay, some questions. First, who's coming and how many? Second, where can they stay? I have room for 4-5.

My rules are the same as before. You have to not be smelly and I have to not hate you.

AnwarA101
03-22-2006, 02:15 PM
Okay, some questions. First, who's coming and how many? Second, where can they stay? I have room for 4-5.

My rules are the same as before. You have to not be smelly and I have to not hate you.

I'm planning on attending - hopefully!

Nightmare
03-22-2006, 02:24 PM

I have room for a few with the same restrictions applying. Oh, and it's a savage plus if you're of-age.

Bane of the Living
03-22-2006, 06:24 PM
Anyone have the balls to tell what they're playing? Or is everyone gonna pretend they dont know/care and pick something up last minute? Im not 100% sold but it'll probably be something with Loam in it.

Kadishack
03-22-2006, 07:39 PM
I just talked to Nate. He gave the Video Games the OK!!!! So we can set them a station up in the store for them. We just have to be respectful to the regular customers there and enforce no vulgar language!!!I have a gamecube with Super Smash Brothers if needed!!!

TheInfamousBearAssassin
03-22-2006, 08:33 PM
I'll be coming, playing either Train Wreck, Green Wombat, Solidarity or Vial Goblins (with pumplands), and staying at whoever's house. There will be Hooters.

Bane of the Living
03-22-2006, 09:14 PM
I hope we can see some feature matches at hooters.

Obfuscate Freely
03-22-2006, 09:52 PM
We need to bring our own television sets right? How many are we going to try to set up?

Kadishack
03-22-2006, 10:08 PM
Yeah, we need 2 tv sets at most I am guessing. Or do you think more are possible???

AnwarA101
03-22-2006, 10:18 PM
Yeah, we need 2 tv sets at most I am guessing. Or do you think more are possible???

Great news on the SF2 situation, but why are people from Northern Virginia bringing TVs when people who live down the street can just bring them? Just a thought.

Watcher487
03-22-2006, 10:45 PM
Well I'm more than willing to bring either my PS2 with Street Fighter 2 Collection or my SNES with SF2. But it might be a good idea if someone actually ran the damn thing. You wouldn't have to do much either... we could use the DCI Judging system to keep track of match wins and losses and dependent on the number of people looking to play in this, there could be prizes.

Foil Orge-Dokkens anyone?

TeenieBopper
03-22-2006, 10:56 PM
Oh, and it's a savage plus if you're of-age.

QFT. There will be copious amounts of alcohol consumption this time.

enforce no vulgar language

Fuck that shit.

Mulletus
03-22-2006, 11:28 PM
lol pox said copious

I am hoping for copious amounts of coitus and copulation after my Hooter visit.

TeenieBopper
03-23-2006, 12:04 AM
lol pox said copious

I am hoping for copious amounts of coitus and copulation after my Hooter visit.

alliteration ftw.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
03-23-2006, 12:55 AM
Foil Orge-Dokkens anyone?

Oh fuck yes.

Lego
03-23-2006, 02:59 AM
I can't wait to finally meet all you guys! I'm playing "The Deoxygenation of Tokyo Bay" because it smashes on the assumed meta.

A few pages back some people asked about borrowing decks. For lending right now I've got Solidarity (or Spring Tide), Goblins, Threshold (white splash, I need to find two more Meddling Mages, but I'm willing to buy them in someone wants to play this, as I need them anyway), RGSA, and a couple of other random jank decks like Aluren (oh, and Deadguy if someone can provide 4 of the Shades). Does anyone want to borrow anything, should I bring these, all that good stuff.

I can stay at my brother's house, but I'm not sure exactly where he lives, and I'd much rather stay somewhere where there are other Magic players. Any offers?

calosso
03-23-2006, 06:46 AM
I am also planning on going just for everyone information.

@Kadishack

You are a god you have Super Smash Bros.

URABAHN
03-23-2006, 07:52 AM
I don't know what the time frame for this event is, but if someone gives me a ride (from Albany) I can offer a place to stay in the 'Cuse, if staying overnight is a requirement.

You got a summer home or something? You live in Albany, but you also have crash space in Syracuse? Is it a mansion with butlers and stuff?

Nightmare
03-23-2006, 08:29 AM
You got a summer home or something? You live in Albany, but you also have crash space in Syracuse? Is it a mansion with butlers and stuff?

I can stay at my brother's house, but I'm not sure exactly where he lives, and I'd much rather stay somewhere where there are other Magic players. Any offers?

Kadishack
03-23-2006, 07:14 PM
I can bring a tv but its not my big tv..its smaller...I'll see who can bring what from up here.

Watcher487
03-23-2006, 10:44 PM
Foil Orge-Dokkens anyone?Oh fuck yes.

Well I don't have any... so deal with it.

Lego
03-24-2006, 05:01 PM

Nightmare already answered this, but it turns out that I basically have a place to stay everywhere, because my family is so spread out, and I have a lot of close friends. NH, VT, Boston, NYC, Albany, Syracuse, Philly, Washington, Chicago, Miami, Milwaukee, San Francisco, LA, Boulder... I've got to start taking advantage of some of that.

bigbear102
03-25-2006, 03:46 PM
If anyone has Shahrazads that could be borrowed I can say that there will be a very interesting Shahrazad deck there.

Peter_Rotten
03-25-2006, 03:49 PM
If anyone has Shahrazads that could be borrowed I can say that there will be a very interesting Shahrazad deck there.
Good LORD, no! Say it is not so.

Lego
03-26-2006, 03:16 AM

Dude, I'll lay down $200 for the Shahrazads just to see this. But only if you promise there's no Leyline of the Void in it.

AnwarA101
03-26-2006, 12:06 PM
My plans have changed and I won't be able to attend this event. I'm sad that I won't have the pleasure of playing Petter Rotten at SF2. I hope turnout is great for the tournament and hopefully we get an interesting top8. There should be a good showing for VA. Everyone have a great time and maybe I'll make it up to the next one.

bigbear102
03-27-2006, 08:47 AM
Ok, well thanx for the offer of the $200, but that would just be downright stupid not to play Leyline. The card was practically made for Shahrazad decks, come on! But seriously, if anybody does have them it would be cool.

Peter_Rotten
03-27-2006, 09:43 AM
My plans have changed and I won't be able to attend this event. I'm sad that I won't have the pleasure of playing Petter Rotten at SF2. I hope turnout is great for the tournament and hopefully we get an interesting top8. There should be a good showing for VA. Everyone have a great time and maybe I'll make it up to the next one.

Translation

I'm afraid. Very afraid.

AnwarA101
03-27-2006, 11:52 AM
The question is will you give me another opportunity - Big Arse 3? Maybe I will be over my fear at that point.

calosso
03-27-2006, 12:42 PM

Why can't you go to the tournament?

URABAHN
03-27-2006, 06:37 PM
Let's get the ball rolling on transportation issues. I'm taking Jesse Krieger from Northern Virginia to Syracuse. Is there anyone else near Northern Virginia who needs a ride up to the tournament? We're leaving from Herndon, VA, which is right off the Toll Road 267.

Jesse and I are going to need crash space Friday and (probably) Saturday night. Send me a PM with your contact info and I'll call you this week to make arrangements.

Obfuscate Freely
03-27-2006, 09:00 PM
Mad Zur, Calosso, and I are also coming up (likely in my car).

I think Deep6er was planning on going, but I'm not sure if he's a definite.

I haven't been able to talk to everyone in NoVa, so post here if I missed you.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
03-27-2006, 09:36 PM
Matt and I are planning on attending.

Obfuscate Freely
03-27-2006, 11:59 PM
Matt and I are planning on attending.
Are you providing a car?

(Delete some PMs, dumbass.)

Lego
03-28-2006, 12:56 AM
Ok, well thanx for the offer of the $200, but that would just be downright stupid not to play Leyline. The card was practically made for Shahrazad decks, come on! But seriously, if anybody does have them it would be cool.

I was joking, as you probably know. I don't have that kind of money, and if I did it'd go to finishing up Wildfire (although all I really need is some $2 cards.) How does Serum Powder interact with Leyline of the Void? Nvmd, I can't condone playing any of those cards.

I'm looking forward to finally having some real players to trade with, I've got about 25 Dual Lands I want to offload :)

Getsickanddie
03-28-2006, 01:29 AM
I'm looking forward to finally having some real players to trade with, I've got about 25 Dual Lands I want to offload :)

Do you take cash?

Braves54321
03-28-2006, 10:03 AM
Do you take cash?

I do. I have around 100 wb duals and like 30 fbbs to unload, so if people want duals talk to me there.

I finally deicided on a deck, not much playtesting and not having played in over 6 months means I'm gonna get owned, but whatever.

Nightmare
03-28-2006, 10:23 AM
I do. I have around 100 wb duals and like 30 fbbs to unload, so if people want duals talk to me there.

I finally deicided on a deck, not much playtesting and not having played in over 6 months means I'm gonna get owned, but whatever.I'll be there, cash in hand.

Kadishack
03-28-2006, 11:49 AM
I will also have some cash to spend...

Mulletus
03-28-2006, 01:50 PM
Why hasen't the trash talking started yet? I plan on winning, so who's gunna lose to me for second place.

TeenieBopper
03-28-2006, 02:22 PM
Why hasen't the trash talking started yet? I plan on winning, so who's gunna lose to me for second place.

Split in finals with me?

Bryant Cook
03-28-2006, 02:29 PM
Split in finals with me?
You winning a tournament, you're a funny one did you know that.

Nightmare
03-28-2006, 02:49 PM
You winning a tournament, you're a funny one did you know that.You two get married yet? JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.

I'll predict myself to top 8.

I predict no one on either of my teams wins this event.

I predict Smokestacks to be better than this format.

I predict I lose to Elves at least once.

Sims
03-28-2006, 03:03 PM
I predict that the Albany crew gets their asses handed to them. Jay, Norm, Dev, Matt, and I haven't played any "real" magic in.... uhhh.... When did the Guild close? I'd assume the same of Nick, although I dunno that for sure.

But shit, we'll be the coolest bye's you fools have ever had.

calosso
03-28-2006, 03:33 PM
I was wondering were are the NoVa players gonna sleep? Not that we need it or anything.

I believe Canook(Ahmead) was willing to go.

SillyMetalGAT
03-28-2006, 09:30 PM
Not to brag or anything, but the w00sta team is taking those duals back to Mass.

Watcher487
03-28-2006, 10:27 PM
I'll predict myself to top 8.

I predict Smokestacks to be better than this format.

I predict I lose to Elves at least once.

Wait wait wait... you top8ing?

I predict that 2 people from Albany top 8, I plan on placing 9th this time because of karma.

I predict that Gearhart does not play Solidarity and TIBA gets mad over another judge ruling not in his favor.

I predict that out of fear of all of the other people that want to play SFII Matt P decides that it isn't the best thing for him to do, even though he spent the last 9 months playing Dhalsim on the Difficulty of 8.

I predict that someone from the Vintage scene comes to the tourney and plays a combo deck.

I predict that the phrase "What in heaven's name are you playing, you retarded SOB" will be said to me about 3-4 times by some of my opponents. (I got this once at Big Arse 2)

I predict that 2 people top8 from Cuse.

Peter_Rotten
03-28-2006, 10:32 PM
I predict Keeney.

Getsickanddie
03-29-2006, 01:13 AM

Thanks for the vote of confidence. But yeah, I see someone from Virginia winning this.

Sims
03-29-2006, 05:58 AM
I predict Keeney.

Not just Keeney. Dev will be there in full force aswell... Trash talking, acting confused and tired in the final rounds, and maybe even with a wang on his arm.

CavernNinja
03-29-2006, 08:46 AM
I predict that Gearhart does not play Solidarity and TIBA gets mad over another judge ruling not in his favor.

First half...ain't gonna happen, dude just can't play anything that doesn't have islands in it. As for teh IBA thing, you are allowed to complain about a judge call when the judge doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. Yes boys and girls Humility does stop triggers on leaving and coming into play...thus Humility > Academy Rector > Monk Idealist > j00

SpatulaOfTheAges
03-29-2006, 01:59 PM
Spike Feeder>Humility.

NANTUKO_SHADY
03-29-2006, 08:09 PM
I shall be thurr representing the ROC and so will a few others.. quite possibly even the legendary zach fine will show up.. :laugh:

legacyplayer0
03-29-2006, 09:02 PM
I'll be there. And the there's a stong possibility that I will be bringing Zach "The Man" Fine with me.

NANTUKO_SHADY
03-29-2006, 10:03 PM
:cry: Unfortunately.. it is now confirmed that Zach "The Man" Fine will not be attending this tournament due to ACTs for school... I offered him a ride and a chance to tell his terribly awful stories, but he declined due to school.. I guess that spares zach of going 0-X at the tourny... just like big arse. Oh wait, I forgot. Zach went 1-X because of a bye!:laugh:

CavernNinja
03-30-2006, 12:00 AM
I was wondering were are the NoVa players gonna sleep? Not that we need it or anything.

I believe Canook(Ahmead) was willing to go.

You, you get to sleep on the street...we may even give you a cardboard box.

Lego
03-30-2006, 12:57 AM
I predict that after skipping work for this, I will proceed to lose every single match before getting my trade binder stolen, and having two kids run away with decks that I will lend them, before my ride leaves early and I'm stranded.

herbig
03-30-2006, 01:54 AM
I predict twice as many Herbigs with an 80% chance of awesome.

Kadishack
03-30-2006, 08:02 PM
Judging Change:
Eli will not be able to make it so,
Rich Bourque will be the Head Judge!!!

Canook
03-30-2006, 09:34 PM
Yeah, I can go to this. I just really need things to get set. What's going to happen to the Nova players? I'm not going to pay for a hotel room. Also, if anyone has a good deck to let me play, I'm for coming up.

Kadishack
03-30-2006, 09:52 PM
I can up some rooms for sleeping. Pm me if you need a room to stay at.

Nightmare
03-30-2006, 10:46 PM
For those of you who asked, I'm totally gonna play this by ear. If I see you at the D4D and you earn enough cool points, and you go out drinking with us (this is a pretty big plus in the cool points arena), I'll have some floor space. AND PILLOWS!!!!!!one. Drinking is necessary. This means you, Elgins. And you too, Matthew Peter Suzie Rottencrotch. I am a little drunk right now.

edit - Al;right I lied. I;m a lot drunk right now.

Afro
03-31-2006, 01:42 AM
Drinking is necessary. This means you, Elgins. And you too, Matthew Peter Suzie Rottencrotch.

Matt doesn't drink...he is married.

Peter_Rotten
03-31-2006, 08:40 AM
Matt doesn't drink...he is married.
This holds true for most things now. Simply replace "drink" with activity of choice.

Matt doesn't ________...he is married.

Sims
03-31-2006, 08:44 AM
Yet you play WoW.

Nightmare
03-31-2006, 09:23 AM
This holds true for most things now. Simply replace "drink" with activity of choice.Eff that. Bring your wife along.

CavernNinja
03-31-2006, 03:17 PM
It's the only thing he has left, his wife has taken away everything that can have any semblance of masculinity connected to it.

Peter_Rotten
04-01-2006, 10:31 AM
It's the only thing he has left, his wife has taken away everything that can have any semblance of masculinity connected to it.
Are you married, too?

tivadar
04-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Is anyone from the Boston/Worcester area planning on going? Looking for carpooling options and possibly hotel options (if going the night before).

Watcher487
04-01-2006, 07:45 PM
Are you married, too?
Probably to his left hand. Or the Mox he 'won'.

This holds true for most things now. Simply replace "drink" with activity of choice.

Matt doesn't ________...he is married.

This is really what I've been waiting for... a billion excuses for Matt

Matt doesn't play Magic well ... he is married.
Matt doesn't have an attention span ... he is married.

Peter_Rotten
04-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Just a quick question to absolutely make sure I don't end up in the wrong spot:

It is still at Altered States' usual location? The store has NOT moved, correct?

Sims
04-03-2006, 01:41 PM
I need to know this aswell.... Not that I've ever been there anyways, but it'd be nice to know if the people in my vehicle who have been aren't giving me false directions.

Evil Roopey
04-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Somebody play EvilWombat for me, I won't be able to make it. I promise that if you play it well, and a Solidarity dodge all day, you'll top8.

Nightmare
04-03-2006, 02:16 PM
Just a quick question to absolutely make sure I don't end up in the wrong spot:

It is still at Altered States' usual location? The store has NOT moved, correct?
Correct. As of Yesterday, where I scrubbed out with Stax (again) The store is still at the Clinton Street Location.

Kadishack
04-03-2006, 04:06 PM
The store will be at it's normal place next to Spaghetti Warehouse...

Obfuscate Freely
04-03-2006, 08:02 PM
So, this is the best headcount I have for the NoVa crew looking to bum floorspace from people:

Me
Mad Zur
calosso
T is for Tool

URABAHN
Deep6er
Krieger
IBA
Spatula

If there are any NoVanites I left out, they had better let me or Allan know soon.

Anyone who can help accommodate us, thanks in advance.

Peter_Rotten
04-04-2006, 08:46 AM
Me
Mad Zur
calosso
T is for Tool

URABAHN
Deep6er
Krieger
IBA
Spatula

Oh good, a list of my possible byes.

Obfuscate Freely
04-04-2006, 09:56 AM
Oh good, a list of my possible byes.
Does that mean you're going to try playing a real deck for once?

Don't get your hopes too high, most of us play real decks all the time.

Peter_Rotten
04-04-2006, 10:40 AM
Does that mean you're going to try playing a real deck for once?

Don't get your hopes too high, most of us play real decks all the time.
Illusions Donate was a real deck.... a real bad one :frown: I'll never live that down.

Oh believe me, I'll be playing the best deck in the format! Hint: Haunting Echoes pwns face!

AnwarA101
04-04-2006, 11:40 AM
Illusions Donate was a real deck.... a real bad one :frown: I'll never live that down.

Oh believe me, I'll be playing the best deck in the format! Hint: Haunting Echoes pwns face!

Please don't say its so! No more Burning Tog! I can't believe I lost to that deck.

Lego
04-04-2006, 09:30 PM
Please don't say its so! No more Burning Tog! I can't believe I lost to that deck.

I wouldn't mind that, "The Deoxygenation of Tokyo Bay" has a pretty good matchup against Burning Tog :wink: Bring it on.

Afro
04-05-2006, 01:16 AM
Matt P just fuckin wins with that shit. I LOVE IT.

Sims
04-05-2006, 12:30 PM
No, Matt P just survives long enough to cast Haunting Echoes....Haunting Echoes just wins for that pile of shit. I LOVE IT

Peter_Rotten
04-05-2006, 02:56 PM
No, Matt P just survives long enough to cast Haunting Echoes....Haunting Echoes just wins for that pile of shit. I LOVE IT
Jesus, now I might actually have to play it. :frown:

Watcher487
04-05-2006, 03:36 PM
Jesus, now I might actually have to play it. :frown:

Screw that, I just want to see you at the tourney, so I can kick your ass in SF2.

Talking about that does anyone mind that I bring the SNES and the game down? Or all we all set for the 2nd tourney?

Peter_Rotten
04-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Screw that, I just want to see you at the tourney, so I can kick your ass in SF2.

Talking about that does anyone mind that I bring the SNES and the game down? Or all we all set for the 2nd tourney?
If ever I was sure of anything, I am sure that I will beat you repeatedly at SFII.

emidln
04-05-2006, 06:36 PM
Is anyone from the Chicago/Northern Illinois/Wisconsin area planning on going and want to take someone else to help split the gas money? I'd like to go, but I for some reason didn't know about this until now and don't have any way of getting there?

If anyone from the area is going and wouldn't mind taking another person, pm or post back here please.

FakeSpam
04-06-2006, 10:36 AM
If I top 8 with the pile I'm about to play, I say that I win the create-a-new-good-deck contest. Same stipulation as last time. Except, this time I don't even have an entry.

Watcher487
04-06-2006, 10:43 AM
If I top 8 with the pile I'm about to play, I say that I win the create-a-new-good-deck contest. Same stipulation as last time. Except, this time I don't even have an entry.
What your going to play Battle of Wits again? But this time are you going to play it with 4 Gaea's Blessings and 4 Brain Freezes of your own, just for the Solidarity match-up? Or are you going to chicken out and not even play in this tourney?

FakeSpam
04-06-2006, 10:56 AM
Oh. I'll be there. I have to savage P_R in SFII. But, I'll be playing. No, not battle.

Just as an aside... that deck cost me $30 to sleeve. I still use those sleeves.

TeenieBopper
04-06-2006, 04:42 PM
Ik now I haven't responded to anybody asking me for a place to stay. However, it's still there. I figure we'll do the same as before, meet at Garvey and Z's place and go from there.

HOwever, here's the deal. If you're staying at my place, we leave when I"m ready, that's probably going to be 12:30-1ish, at the latest. I'm not wating around forever waiting for people to get ready and shit. If you're not ready 5 minutes after I say I'm leaving, you're sleeping in your car.

That is all.

Lego
04-07-2006, 12:49 AM
This is your last chance to put a deck order in for Saturday. I'm already lending Deadguy and Goblins, but that still leaves basically anything blue that you want. I've got Solidarity / Spring Tide if anyone wants to play it, or Threshold splash White (unless you bring the Fledgling Dragons.) I've probably got some other stuff, so if anyone is still without a deck and wants to go, let me know :)

AnwarA101
04-07-2006, 11:54 AM
Anyone willing to make Top 8 predictions? Since I'm not going to this event seems only fair for me to make a prediction.

Top 8 (in no particular order)
2 Gro
2 Goblins
2 Solidarity
1 Rifter
1 Angel Stompy

If I had to guess I would guess that Gro would win the tournament.

As for the real tournament, Petter Rotten will do considerably better at SF2 because I wasn't there!

Nightmare
04-07-2006, 12:31 PM
As for the real tournament, Petter Rotten will do considerably better at SF2 because I wasn't there!That's the "real" tournament. Here, let me fix that quote:

As for the REAL tournament, Petter Rotten will not enter but still lose, because his sandy vagina will not allow him to participate in any kind of "after tournament fun" with the adults.

Mulletus
04-07-2006, 12:32 PM
I say:
1 Gro or Thresh
1 Rifter or Wombat
1 Solidarity or Storm Combo
1 Willdfire (token rogue deck)
1 goblins (maybe zero)
1 Rgsa or Zoo
1 WW or Angelstomp
1 Deadguy as the only person with swamps.

I really think that combo and agro will be scarce. This will be a field full of agro control. And if my predictions are true I will sweep the field. I think my only loss will come to a mirror match, and a bad player at that. Will this event be sanctioned, and what is the REL and expected K values per attendance?

Getsickanddie
04-07-2006, 02:12 PM
I say:
1 Gro or Thresh
1 Rifter or Wombat
1 Solidarity or Storm Combo
1 Willdfire (token rogue deck)
1 goblins (maybe zero)
1 Rgsa or Zoo
1 WW or Angelstomp
1 Deadguy as the only person with swamps.

I really think that combo and agro will be scarce. This will be a field full of agro control. And if my predictions are true I will sweep the field. I think my only loss will come to a mirror match, and a bad player at that. Will this event be sanctioned, and what is the REL and expected K values per attendance?

Rich said he is running it at REL 3.

Mulletus
04-07-2006, 04:25 PM
Rich said he is running it at REL 3.

That sucks, that prolly means a high k value (goodbye 1893 eternal). I wonder if I can trade cards to get into the tourney, im broke.

NANTUKO_SHADY
04-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Just out of sheer curiosity.. is anyone planning on bringing Dead Guy to the tournament???? :rolleyes: :wink:

Sims
04-08-2006, 09:39 PM
Good news: I actually showed.
Bad news: I actually showed.
Unsuprising news: I scrubbed out.

That is all.

Mulletus
04-08-2006, 10:39 PM
I didn't do so good. I lost to wastedlife... and he sucks.

Rambo
04-08-2006, 10:49 PM
Can anyone supply a tourney report? Just so we people who didn't go could have a chance to see what the metagame was like and what won and such.

Zilla
04-08-2006, 10:58 PM
Before he went to bed, Rotten told me that IBA, Spat, and LegoArmyMan were in the top 8 with Mono-Black Control, Ninja Deck Wins (UGB Survival), and Mono-White Angel Stompy respectively.

Bryant Cook
04-08-2006, 11:10 PM
@ Mulletus- Have you ever considered that you were I don't know, maybe outplayed? I'm not a bad magic player despite what you think.

Herbig and Obfreely split first. Herbig with solidarity and Obfreely with gro. I ended up losing round 6 being 4-1 to phil stolze because I got mana flooded two games in a row, while being in contension...LAME.

top 8
URaban-rifter
Drathro-deadguy
Obfreely- gro u/w/g
overlord- gro u/b/g
IBa- helldozer thing
lego army man- angel stompy
legacy player0- angel stompy
Herbig- Solidarity

Zilla
04-08-2006, 11:42 PM
Clearly these results have been falsified. Herbig isn't named Dave Gearhart.

Lego
04-09-2006, 12:08 AM
Clearly these results have been falsified. Herbig isn't named Dave Gearhart.

I think Gearheart stood behind him and told him what to play every turn. It's the only way he could possibly T8. There will be a tournament report to follow from me, although it won't be any good (and it will be needlessly verbose.)

Getsickanddie
04-09-2006, 12:39 AM
I got man flooded

That sounds about right.

In anycase Herbig is a very good solidarity player, so it should be no surprise to anyone who has played against him that he won.

Drathro
04-09-2006, 02:08 AM
Just out of sheer curiosity.. is anyone planning on bringing Dead Guy to the tournament???? :rolleyes: :wink:

Um, yes? Top eight baby! :cool:

7th, to be exact. Mini-report when I figure out the appropriate place to post one, and if I can decipher my pathetic notes.

Di
04-09-2006, 02:25 AM
I think Gearheart stood behind him and told him what to play every turn. It's the only way he could possible T8. There will be a tournament report to follow from me, although it won't be any good.

Um, no. Herbig is actually a pretty decent Solidarity player.

As for Solidarity, fuck Solidarity. The only possible deck that would beat me, and I see it twice. You fucking suck.

I still say though that I by far had the greatest tech throughout the entire tournament. Idk if I'll end up postin in it though, that's a lot of work.

SpatulaOfTheAges
04-09-2006, 02:30 AM
I still say though that I by far had the greatest tech throughout the entire tournament. Idk if I'll end up postin in it though, that's a lot of work.

Oh yeah, Life from the Loam is a lot techier than Ninjas or Helldozer.

Cough.

TeenieBopper
04-09-2006, 02:32 AM
I was 4-1-1 and came in 9th. That's fucking more homosexual than Jander not showing up at all. And believe me, as we discussed in the adept forum, it was incredibly homosexual. Tournement report may or may not follow after I sober up (ie, Sunday) depending on how industrious I feel.

Di
04-09-2006, 02:44 AM
Oh yeah, Life from the Loam is a lot techier than Ninjas or Helldozer.

You didn't see my deck, so you have no idea what I am talking about. My deck wasn't based around Life from the Loam, despite what everyone thinks. It was a secondary engine.

FakeSpam
04-09-2006, 02:45 AM
FakeSpam's Tournament Report: (abridged)

Some stuff happened. People won, other people lost. Some got wtfpwned. I didn't play. Some people won dual lands. Some people didn't.

Props:

Jack Elgin for playing the totally awesome helldozer deck to a top 8 finish. He was my pick for going all the way.

Keeney for giving me my totally sweet deck box. It's totally sweet.

Matt Elgin for playing his CaNGD entry. He almost made top 8, too.

Slops:

Me, for not playing. I guess several people would have payed my entry fee if I played combo-elves. I could have made money on the day.

Teeniebopper for not making top 8 at 4-1-1. Seriously, dude. Stop sucking at life.

Peter_Rotten for shoving all of Team Albany back in the Married Bus and running away as soon as you could. I brought SF2 and we played one game. Lame. Also, no post-tournament event attendance. I'm sure the wife and kids are great and all, but, uh... tell them you are sick or having an affair or something.

---

In general, the tournament was run well. Great job Rich as always for running a well-judged event. REL3 is no time to fuck around. Oh, and Kaddi's mom's cookies are INSANE.

Peter_Rotten
04-09-2006, 08:16 AM
Shall I remind everyone about my total ownage at SFII?

Canook
04-09-2006, 08:49 AM
So, umm, who won this thing?

Whit3 Ghost
04-09-2006, 09:52 AM
Brief report from a bad player with a bad deck.

I was planning on playing gro, but it didn't come together, so I ended up audibling into Darkest Hour(new name: Zombie Deck Wins).

///List

//Mana
4 Mire
10 Swamp
8 Mountain
4 Ritual
fuck your wastelands...

//Beaters
4 Rotting Giant
4 W. Anurid
3 Hypnotic Specter (I didn't have any, and my friend only had 3)
4 Carnophage
4 Sedge Troll
2 Black Knight
1 Withered Wretch (ended up winning my last game)

//Utility Spells
4 Hymn (If these were Jittes, I would have had a damn good chance agianst rifter)
4 Bolts
4 Magma Jet

//Sideboard
4 Perish
3 Crash
3 Pyroclasm
4 Therapy (useless, should have been crypt)
1 Stench of Evil (I wish I ran more)

Round 1 Braves54321- Rifter
Humility rapes me both games, once in combination with pulse of the fields, and again with 3 rifts.
0-1

Round 2 Getsickanddie- Affinity
Game 1- Hyppie flys over everything as Trolls hold off Ravagers. A big atog swing leaves me at 1, but Hyppie and Jet finish the job.

Game 2- My trolls are doing their job, but a berserked ravager is just too much.

Game 3- I go all in turn 2 with a ritual, Anurid Anurid. He gets a berserked Atog and beats face for 34.
0-2

Round 3- Quicksilver- Loam Rift
Game 1- Burn and 1/1 swings fight through a Humility.

Game 2- He gets the Loam/Rift engine going and kills me.

Game 3- I get turn 1 ritual Carnophage, Anurid. He pulls of turn 2 Humility off of mox diamond. I get mana flooded for the loss.
0-3
Round 4- Opponent never showed :cool:
1-3

Round 5- Someone- Scepter Chant(on hydraulics)
Game 1- I get locked out and he FOFs into a Morphling FTW.

Game 2- Hyppies bait counterspells as I crash away his scepter.

Game 3- See game 2
2-3

Round 6- Bane of the Living- GRB Land Ho!
Game 1- Hyppie serves a beating as Trolls hold off his Mongrel and Wurm token.

Game 2- This game was my favorite of the tournament. I dropped some early beats, but a devastating dreams killed my board. I recovered with Mire, Ritual, Hyppie. Perish is brutal and wipes out a Mongrel and 2 Wurms. Hyppie and Wretch beats take him down to 6 as he Burning Wished for Cave-In, and played 2 Wall of Blossoms and a Wild Mongrel. I rip another perish off the top and swing for 2 with Carnophage. I topdeck a bolt and finish the job.

Overall record 3-3(not bad with a suboptimal list)

Hypnotic specter is brutal.

Props and Slops

Props
Jack and Matt Elgin for playing some savage tech
All the Albany players for showing up
Everyone there for being really laid back
Mr. Nightmare for yelling random stuff about Humility

Slops
Team Rehab/Lvl 4 Wizard for doing horribly
Me, for not owning Jittes
Humility because it's Humility
Me, for not knowing how to throw in Melee(used to n64) even after having it explained to me
Calosso for talking shit, then dropping
People hyping bad Vault lists (not Rsaunder, T is for Tool knows what I'm talking about)

PS, out of curiosity how were those cookies.

PPS If anyone is willing to sell one of those metal gear tokens...

PPPS Sims and I agree, Goblins needs to splash black to survive.

Watcher487
04-09-2006, 10:23 AM
Well I might as well just post my tourney report.

I placed 10th from 4-2, playing 4c Salvager-Game (Salvo-Game).

1st rnd Brushwagg? U/G/B Thresh
Game 1: I grab the wasteland in my sideboard to waste his 1 of 2 Underground Seas. He taps the other Sea during his turn to cast Night's Whisper. I go off, while he is holding 2 Ghastly Demise
Game 2: I rip his hand to shredds, and he can't recover.

1-0

2nd rnd ?????? B/U/W AngelStompy
Game 1: I fumble on a Lim-Dul's Vault (Big time). Ohh well.
Game 2: I Deed away everything and go off at my leisure.
Game 3: Meddling Mage Pyrite Spellbomb and Gamekeeper, I drop Salvagers with him tapped out and kill him with Maga for 267 billion.

2-0 (4-1 overall)

3rd rnd herbig Solidarity (DAMN YOU HERBIG!!!!!!!)
Game 1: I rip his hand to shredds, he can only help me beat him.
Game 2: I attempt to go off blind on my 2nd turn with him having 2 Islands in play, (I have a set about 10 lbs big.) of course, he has the Remand. But at least it took him 5 more turns for him to go off.
Game 3: I get no Discard and we do the milling dance.

2-1 (5-3 overall)

4th rnd Dev Dev.Deq Wins (Dryad Sligh - Dryad)
I win both games in a weird way. I don't know... it's probably just me.

3-1 (7-3 overall)

5th rnd legacy player0? W/U AngelStompy
Game 1: I rip his hand of 3 Plows, he draws the 4th when I play Gamekeeper next turn. I deed his angel with the SoF/I on it. I Keeper into Keeper with no Therapy in the yard. I procede to lose to Soltari Priest.
Game 2: He gets a Jitte with 4 counters on it and I at least attempt to go off. I get the Salvager and over half my deck milled but no LED.

3-2 (7-5 overall)

Now let me just say a couple of things:

I predict that Gearhart does not play Solidarity.
I predict that the phrase "What in heaven's name are you playing, you retarded SOB" will be said to me about 3-4 times by some of my opponents.
I plan on placing 9th this time because of karma.

I'm 15th in the standings with the highest tiebreakers from 3-2, I have a shot at 9th place. I guess I needed the "karma".

6th rnd Deep6er playing Salvager Game.
(Did anyone believe me?)
-
-
-
-
-damn

6th rnd Deep6er playing Solidarity
Game 1: I force him to faux go off (he didn't get the Stroke), I mill off Krosan Reclaimation and procede to show him the 'FIST'.
Game 2: I show no threat while he procedes to take me to school (Milling 101)
Game 3: First turn I blind Therapy the High Tide in his hand. I draw into both Salvagers and 2 Gamekeepers. He long hauls countering the first Salvager... still no High Tide. The second Salvager sees play but I have no LED to win. Gamekeeper #1 is met by another long haul counter. Gamekeeper #2 hits play, I Therapy the Gamekeeper into another one about 5 cards down with no Therapy or LED in the yard. During my next upkeep I cast Lim-Dul's Vault and he Twincasts it. He takes a look at his top 5 8 times (9 life remaining) then reads Lim-Dul's Vault and sees it doesn't go to hand (All he has left is a Brain Freeze and 4 land in hand). And procedes to scoop to me.

Props:
-All of my opponents, thanks for the fun.
-Sims for finally growing a set and actually going to a tourney outside of Albany.
-Matt P. he actually has some SFII skill. (I only played Dhalsim against him.)
-Kaddy for actually running a decent tourney.
-Me for almost half of my predictions coming true.

Slops:
-Motion Sickness
-Spat for not forcing the tie in rnd 6, putting me in 10th and Teeniebopper in 9th. Nice Big Jobb man.
-LegoArmyMan for not wanting to be my punching bag after round 5

AnwarA101
04-09-2006, 10:25 AM
@ Mulletus- Have you ever considered that you were I don't know, maybe outplayed? I'm not a bad magic player despite what you think.

Herbig and Obfreely split first. Herbig with solidarity and Obfreely with gro. I ended up losing round 6 being 4-1 to phil stolze because I got mana flooded two games in a row, while being in contension...LAME.

top 8
URaban-rifter
Drathro-deadguy
Obfreely- gro u/w/g
overlord- gro u/b/g
IBa- helldozer thing
lego army man- angel stompy
legacy player0- angel stompy
Herbig- Solidarity

Congrats to all who made top 8 especially the NOVA crew. I'm not suprised by the top 8 except that Goblins didn't make top 8 at all? But I guess that makes sense since almost every deck in the top 8 has a good game against goblins except perhaps deadguy and Train Wreck (though both probably had plagues in the board).

Why was their a top 2 split? Why didn't Gro crush Solidarity like it always does? That's okay I'm sure you guys were just tired and wanted to head out.

So what happened in the real tournament? Was Petter Rotten awesome? Or was he all talk?

Sims
04-09-2006, 10:31 AM
So what happened in the real tournament? Was Petter Rotten awesome? Or was he all talk?

When he was playing he did, indeed, kick a lot of Street Fighter ass.

Peter_Rotten
04-09-2006, 10:52 AM

Of course I was awesome. Though my skills were so rusty I could no longer do the Dragon Punch on command. :frown:

But still I pwned most. Shane followed a predictable pattern with Dhalsim. I figured it out and dropped my pwnage on his chin. I also left Norm's Fat Honda wearing a pearly white pwnage necklace. OBFreely had skill but I don't remeber what our overall record was. The Guile player also had some skill, but I had his number after few matches. Lastly, Glow's lackey was suprisingly good. I only got to play him once and he did smack me around on one of the 2 out of three rounds that he won.

Unfortunately, after round 3 some tool put in that lame-ass Mario party game and the crowd never left.

pater
04-09-2006, 11:18 AM
All the Albany players for showing up
My apologies for not being there, gents. I had a legal matter to attend to that could not be postponed.

PPPS Sims and I agree, Goblins needs to splash black to survive.
QFT.

SpatulaOfTheAges
04-09-2006, 11:41 AM
Slops:
-Spat for not forcing the tie in rnd 6, putting me in 10th and Teeniebopper in 9th. Nice Big Jobb man.

He was my ride. Not getting dropped off in the middle of Pennsylvania is svg tech.

Quick TR

Round 1 rsaunder playing Stasis Vault.

Game 1 My disruption his his pieces and the MD sex-monkey helps me out.
Game 2 My disruption isn't enough, and he combos off of Flamevault.
Game 3 I Shaman his first Vault, then Ninjitsu it back to my hand later for Deep Hours. A few turns pass and he forgets about the Shaman, Intuitions for Time Vault, plays it, and I kill the fourth copy.

2-1(1-0)

Round 2 Jesse Krieger playing Solidarity

Game 1 I keep a shady 6 card hand, but he mulled too and it had a Witness, so any control I draw will get recycled. I draw a Brainstorm, and it draws into double Therapy. Two Therapies and a Witness later, his hand is pretty much gone.
Game 2 I get a really solid draw involving multiple counters and Duress.

2-0(2-0)

Round 3 Peter_Rotten playing Zilla Stompy.

Game 1 I can't remember the exact details of the first game. I think Bone Shredder was pretty important. Then Throat Slitter.
Game 2 I don't draw anything that can stop the rampage of big men. In that I drew like 3 Werebears and 3 Mongooses, and my graveyard was empty. I didn't even have a fetch.
Game 3 I swing a bit then get in Okiba-gang Shinobi, making him pitch a Kird Ape and a Crypt. He drops another Crypt, so I survival up Shaman to make him blow it. He gets Wonder, but I set up Spore Frog Lock and beat over.

2-1(3-0)

Round 4 Drathro playing Deadguy Ale

Game 1 I don't draw a Survival. He MDs Wretch. I think he drew 3. Things go poorly.
Game 2 I don't draw a Survival, and my E Plague gets Duressed. Also, he draws double Wretch.

0-2(3-1)

Round 5 Lego Army Man playing Angel Stompy

Game 1 He Jittes for the win, and I don't get Sex Monkey in time.
Game 2 He taps out his two Moms and a Priest to get an extra damage through, dropping me to 3. I have a Rootwalla and a Mongoose in play. EoT I return Krovikan Horror. I drop it with 6 mana, kill the Priest and one Mom, leaving me my mongoose.
Game 3 he leads off with a mysterious morph. I drop E Plague naming Angel. He drops another mysterious Morph. I stabilize at 1. He's at 30 something. I get Throat Slitter active. Time is called, I get him down to 1, then we draw.

Round 6 Urabahn playing Rifter.

Game 1 I make a lot of mistakes and he wins after like half an hour.
Game 2 I make a lot of mistakes and he draws poor, so I'm going to win, but...

Time is out, so I gave him the win. As much as I'd like to see Ninjas in t8, he's my ride, and it wouldn't be cool to do that.

So Ninjas did very well, all things considered. My only real loss was Deadguy, which is a bad match *before* they MD Wretch.

My SB was

4x Plague
3x Duress

Those are the heart of the SB. One or the other almost always comes in. Yesterday I also ran

2x Tormod's Crypt
1x Spore Frog
2x Werebear
1x ManoWar(this was specifically for Mystic Enforcer)
1x Viridian Shaman
1x Filth

Props -

Kaddy for the tourney, and for keeping it eazy.
Garv, Zoranski, Artis and Tariq for letting Jack and I crash.
Edinger, Mike, and only_one for the downtown shenanigans.
Ink-Eyes, for being teh br0ke, and a ninja.
Herbig, for disproving the skeptics.
Alix, Jack, Allan, and Scott for doing Virginia proud.
Ice Climbers.
Pennies.
Ho-mart.

Slops -

Jack, for losing to Alix.
Pairings, for constantly putting VA against each other.
Me for almost breaking shit.
Nazis for trying to stop our escape.
Anwar, for not showing up and pwning Peter_Rotten.
Hobos.
8 ball.

Nightmare
04-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Edinger, Mike, and only_one for the downtown shenanigans.And what am I, chopped fucking liver?

By the way, as for Goblins not making top 8, there were only a few people who played it, so it doesn't surprise me it couldn't fight thru the hate. On the other hand, Solidarity was there in droves (like 8 people at a 60 man tourney), and Herbig proved his guff and then some by both doing better than Gearhart, and beating Black Gro in the semis to make top 2. Maybe now people will believe me when I say there's more than 1 good Solidarity player.

Lego
04-09-2006, 02:28 PM
Herbig is actually a pretty decent Solidarity player.

Herbig is a very good Solidarity player, and my post was obviously rampant sarcasm. He was also very nice, which helped. We laughed through both of our games as I mulled down to 4 and never got any hate. He was my pick to go all the way after our match, and I'm glad he did.

Why was their a top 2 split? Why didn't Gro crush Solidarity like it always does?

The reason the top 2 didn't play it out is that it's an annoying match, Herbig wanted the Underground Seas and ObFreely wanted the Tundras, so it all worked out. (And Gro doesn't always win, Herbig beat Black Gro in the semis to prove that he's just as good as any other Solidarity player.)

-LegoArmyMan for not wanting to be my punching bag after round 5

I never said I didn't want to be your punching back, I was simply in the process of going to time with Spatula. Yay for horrible play errors. I'm honestly not sure who would have won had we both player optimally. Probably him.

PS, out of curiosity how were those cookies.

They were good, and I'm going to get a whole lot of flame for this, but I'd say they were honestly a bit dry. I think I made about $20 worth of cards off of them. Got a playset of Tivadar's Crusades among other things. I still have 2 left if anyone wants them.

Finally, P_R was actually pretty good at SFII. He didn't look like it while he was playing, but then he consistently won. Nothing flashy, but he was good.

Kadishack
04-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Thanks to everyone for coming to my tournament. I had a blast the whole time. More info about all decks will be posted later along with my props and slops.

Here are the t8 decklists in order of picks:

1st Place/2nd Place Split
Alix Hatfield(ObFreely) UGw Gro
Pick: 4 Tundra 4 Scrubland

4 Brainstorm
4 Serum Visions
4 Predict
4 Portent
4 Force of Will
3 Counterspell
3 Daze
4 Werebear
4 Nimble Mongoose
2 Mystic Enforcer
3 Pithing Needle
4 Swords to Plowshares
3 Polluted Delta
3 Windswept Heath
4 Tundra
3 Tropical Island
3 Island
1 Forest
SB:
4 Tividar's Crusade
3 Nantuko Monastery
3 Naturalize
3 Meddling Mage
2 Blue Elemental Blast

1st Place/2nd Place Split
Mike Herbig(Herbig) Solidarity
Pick: 4 Underground Sea 4 Plateau

4 Reset
4 High tide
4 Force of Will
4 Brainstorm
4 Impulse
4 Remand
3 Turnabout
3 Cunning Wish
2 Flash of Insight
2 Brain Freeze
4 Meditate
2 Peek
2 Opt
3 Polluted Delta
3 Flooded Strand
12 Island
SB:
1 Stroke of Genius
1 Turnabout
1 Chain of Vapor
1 Echoing Truth
1 Evacuation
4 Hydroblast
2 Brain Freeze
4 Disrupt

3rd Place
Scott Scheurer(Overlord95) UGb Gro
Pick: 4 Taiga

4 Werebear
4 Nimble Mongoose
3 Dark Confidant
4 Force of Will
2 Counterspell
3 Daze
3 Pithing Needle
4 Portent
4 Serum Visions
4 Brainstorm
4 Predict
4 Ghastly Demise
1 Swamp
3 Island
3 Underground Sea
4 Tropical Island
4 Polluted Delta
2 Flooded Strand
SB:
3 Duress
4 Engineered Plague
3 Diabolic Edict
3 Naturalize
2 Tormod's Crypt

4th Place
Evn Tomeny(Lego army man) Angel Stompy
Pick: 4 Tropical Island

4 Exalted Angel
4 Silver Knight
4 Soltari Priest
4 Isamaru, Hound of Konda
2 Savannah Lions
4 Mother of Ruins
2 Disenchant
2 Mask of Memory
2 Umezawa's Jitte
2 Sword of Fire and Ice
4 Swords to Plowshares
4 Parallax Wave
16 Plains
2 City of Traitors
4 Ancient Tomb
SB:
3 Rule of Law
4 Armageddon
3 Tormod's Crypt
2 Disenchant
3 Pithing Needle

5th Place
Phil Stolze(Legacyplayer0) 3c Angel Stompy
Pick: 4 Volcanic Island

4 Silver Knight
3 Exalted Angel
2 Dark Confidant
4 Duress
2 Sword of Fire and Ice
4 Solitari Priest
3 Umezawa's Jitte
2 Serum Visions
4 Swords to Plowshares
4 Brainstorm
4 Meddling Mage
2 Serendib Efreet
2 Chrome Mox
2 Flooded Strand
4 Windswept Heath
2 Ancient Tomb
4 Plains
4 Scrubland
4 Tundra
SB:
3 Tormod's Crypt
4 Engineered Plague
3 Mortify
2 Disenchant
3 Armageddon

6th Place
Jack Elgin(IBA) Train Wreck
Pick: 4 Savannah

3 Putrefy
3 Mutilate
3 Chainer's Edict
4 Pernicious Deed
4 Duress
4 Hymn to Tourach
3 Helldozer
2 Haunting Echoes
2 Decree of Pain
3 Regrowth
3 Staff of Domination
4 Cabal Coffers
4 Bayou
4 Bloodstained Mire
4 Polluted Delta
10 Swamp
SB:
4 Sphere of Resistance
1 Haunting Echoes
4 Infest
3 Undead Gladiator
2 Persecute
1 Decree of Pain

7th Place
Daniel Wright(Drathro) Dead Guy Ale
Pick: 4 Bayou

4 Dark Ritual
4 Dark Confidant
1 Order of the Ebon Hand
2 Knight of Stromgald
1 Nantuko Shade
4 Hypnotic Specter
4 Withered Wretch
3 Swords to Plowshares
4 Duress
4 Hymn to Tourach
3 Sinkhole
1 Icequake
4 Vindicate
3 Polluted Delta
1 Bloodstained Mire
6 Swamp
1 Tomb of Urami
4 Scrubland
2 Tainted Field
4 Wasteland
SB:
2 Dark Blast
4 Engineered Plague
2 Pithing Needle
3 Perish
2 Dystopia
2 Cursed Scroll

8th Place
Allen Sorensen(URaban) Rifter
Pick: 4 Badlands

3 Renewed Faith
3 Wrath of God
3 Lightning Rift
3 Starstorm
3 Abeyance
3 Humility
3 Slice and Dice
4 Swords to Plowshares
2 Disenchant
4 Eternal Dragon
3 Decree of Justice
4 Secluded Steppe
4 Forgotten Cave
2 Plateau
9 Plains
7 Mountain
SB:
3 Pyroclasm
1 Abeyance
2 Boil
3 Rule of Law
4 Pyroblast
2 Disenchant

Afro
04-09-2006, 05:08 PM
props: Keeney for known reasons.

slops: Witch Tech.

Whit3 Ghost
04-09-2006, 05:33 PM
Out of curiosity, does anyone have the complete results?

Kadishack
04-09-2006, 06:33 PM
Out of curiosity, does anyone have the complete results?
No...they are on the computer at the store. I will try and get them next time I go in if possible.

Brushwagg
04-09-2006, 06:54 PM
1st rnd Brushwagg? U/G/B Thresh
Game 1: I grab the wasteland in my sideboard to waste his 1 of 2 Underground Seas. He taps the other Sea during his turn to cast Night's Whisper. I go off, while he is holding 2 Ghastly Demise
Game 2: I rip his hand to shredds, and he can't recover.

Playing Night's Whispers is usally an ok play. But I drew crap and payed the price for it.

Over all a very nice tourney. My only problem was the Sardine can seating. I have a very good time.

Sims
04-09-2006, 07:12 PM
Props and Slops time.....Since I actually have the ability to post them.

Props:

Kadi for setting up a solid tourny.
The 58 player tournout.
Diablos, for blowing my mind and playing faster than a crack-head runs from cops.... while he was slowplaying.
Gaypr0n and Norm for letting me borrow the cards to actually play.
Everyone else for being cool as hell to me and not slaying me on my first outing to 'Cuse.
Rich, for not being OVERLY loud when yelling out time remaining, rules, etc. and running a pretty tight and well-organized ship

Slops:

Myself for holding up round 1 by 30 seconds cause I misread my table assignment.
Goblins, for being a bad deck and just getting shit on left and right.
Myself again, for folding to my own doubts and playing Goblins instead of ....well... anything else.
LegoArmyMan for winning the god damned cookies.
Rick, for not showing up. (HA!)
The 58 man turnout.....cramped seating is FTL.
Team Albany for not playing in months and scrubbing out like...well.. scrubs.

Overall, though, great tournament. Gratz to those who got their mitts on some lewtz.

Bryant Cook
04-09-2006, 07:27 PM
Everyone else for being cool as hell to me and not slaying me on my first outing to 'Cuse.

I'm not gonna lie, I was the coolest round one opponent you've ever faced.

Di
04-09-2006, 08:34 PM
Diablos, for blowing my mind and playing faster than a crack-head runs from cops.... while he was slowplaying.

wtf? Although I will admit, whenever anyone meets me for the first time, they are blown away my how crazy I am in real life. Come on, you people know it's true.

The tourny itself was pretty good. It was well run and I had some fun, even if I had to play Solidarity twice. Congrats to the people who made top8 and did better than everyone else.

I'd write props, but there were a lot of them. One consisting of smash. It was there, and I got to play and smack people around.

However, slops should be noted:

- My awful play during round 3.
- My sideboard, for not having anti-Solidarity.
- Mike Edinger for coming in 9th place.
- I quote from Mike Edinger, verbatum, "I want to have sex with Mike Herbig."
- Solidarity.
- The Gamecube memory card. There were barely any unlocked characters and NO Final Destination. Nobody got to see my real skill because I had to play on bad levels :p
- Jack Elgin, for you stole my Eternal Witness in pile. I will forever hold a grudge against you.

Lego
04-09-2006, 08:39 PM
Team Albany for not playing in months and scrubbing out like...well.. scrubs.

I just have to point out that two players from Albany made Top 8. Then again, neither of them were part of "Team Albany" and one Albany player played Witch Tech, so Albany can't really claim a great showing.

Peter_Rotten
04-09-2006, 08:57 PM
... and one Albany player played Witch Tech ...
We tried to talk him out of it. Or at least add Burning Wish.

Lego
04-09-2006, 09:10 PM
We tried to talk him out of it. Or at least add Burning Wish.

I actually feel like the deck shouldn't be that bad, it's just that it has about one win condition.

troopatroop
04-09-2006, 10:07 PM
Props:

LegoArmyMan for letting me borrow cards.
Matt P for still being cool.
Keeney for not ripping ass on the way down.
People... for being cool.

Slops:

Norm for ripping ass on the way down.
Luck. (This includes Goblin Ringleader/Pyrokenesis/Flashfires)
Me for making everyone listen to my bad beat stories.
Teeniebopper for lucksacking me and being a terrible technical player.
Double Cheeseburgers for costing 3 dollars at McDonalds.
People... for givin' me no respect.

Great tournament.