PDA

View Full Version : The Source has an IRC Channel!

Nightmare
07-07-2006, 11:36 AM
Name:

#The_Source

link: irc://irc.blessed.net/the_source

Suggested server:

irc.blessed.net:6667

Get MIRC (http://www.mirc.com)

For the nobs:
1. Download mirc from www.mirc.com (http://www.mirc.com)
2. Fill out the jive in the "connect" screen of the options (should open when you first open mirc, if not alt + o)
3. A window titled "Status" should pop up. Type /server irc.efnet.net
4. After a shit ton of text passes on the screen, you should be connected. At this point, type /join #the_source
Commands:
/nick dongpounder | would change your name to "dongpounder"
/server irc.server.net | connects you to another server
/join #channel | joins a channel
/msg name | will start a private chat with someone

Jander78
07-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Unlocked so people can talk about how no one visits the channel.

Revert_To_Saved
07-09-2006, 12:56 AM
I thought we already had a channel on efnet...

frogboy
07-09-2006, 02:03 AM
We do/did. I stopped going since no one else did. #themanadrain on EFnet gets periodically taken over to talk about legacy anyway.

Kryand
07-26-2006, 09:46 PM
That link goes to the EFNet channel anyway as far as I can tell.

dichtbijzee
07-30-2006, 07:43 AM
i opened a #legacy channel for everybody to join on magic-league (http://www.magic-league.com)'s irc network. thats solidirc.com.

the channel is not directly affiliated with the source but i do have a link in the topic to the source.

Jander78
07-31-2006, 04:13 PM
Cool. Because there is about 2 people that go on the #the_source irc channel. I'm usually in there and have quite the conversations with myself and EIN.

Complete_Jank
02-07-2007, 06:25 PM
So I could start talking and annoying people rather than just post?

rockSTAR
03-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Cool. Because there is about 2 people that go on the #the_source irc channel. I'm usually in there and have quite the conversations with myself and EIN.

sorryy but: lol hes so right ;)

georgjorge
05-25-2007, 11:41 AM
So, what exactly is the reason why noone's using the Channel ? It seems like the easiest way to find competent opponents to me (easier than AIM)...

Djinn
07-24-2007, 07:37 AM
Hi there,

I already posted stating the same point, but it was sort of 1 year ago. I just don't see the problem in joining irc at the same time you join msn/aim/skype and so on and so forth. Probably the best network is irc.solidirc.com for obvious reasons: it is the server that hosts www.magic-league.com . Even if most people don't like to play in legacy minis/trials hosted there (I actually doubt so), it is the network with more MTGers around (yes, way more than efnet). For that purpose, and as I am a very well-known player in magic-league, I found a channel named #mtgthesource in that network. Feel free to join it (I'll give highest access to moderators here) and discuss, if not just to idle and check if we can get something nice going on.

Greets,

Djinn

Djinn
11-29-2009, 10:32 PM
Is there any IRC channel nowadays? Would be nice now GP:Madrid is 'close'. As suggested server, irc.solidirc.com (magic-league server)

Cheers!

Ch@os
11-30-2009, 07:56 AM
Why not on the quakenet? Like every other IRC channel.

Illissius
11-30-2009, 09:59 AM
The two networks I'm on are EFNet and Freenode, if it's on one of those I'll idle in it.

Anusien
11-30-2009, 10:27 AM
The two networks I'm on are EFNet and Freenode, if it's on one of those I'll idle in it.
EFnet has #mtgjudge, #edh, and #mtg. If you were going to have one, it should be there.

Illissius
11-30-2009, 06:01 PM
I also forgot the biggest advantage of EFNet, which is that Datatog lives there. Seriously more people need to get acquainted with the awesomeness that is Datatog.